It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired U.S. General Promises An Airliner Will Be Downed Within 100 Days

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This sounds like an ultimatum?!?

Govt, "Give up your rights voluntarily, or we will bring down an airliner within 100 days."

People, "We will not give up our rights voluntarily!"
Kaboom
People, "Patriot Act III sounds like a terrific idea, thank you govt!"

Sad Sad Sad

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Name one natural (as in born and raised) American Muslim who's committed a terrorist act on American soil in the last decade.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I would be asking the question who is paying this guy, who is paying him besides Fox?

The american people really are lame, so easy to scare and not a chance of critical thinking.

Thats why they have shows like ,, well never mind.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
If all the Muslims are supposedly proud American patriots then why do they constantly stonewall the FBI and refuse to cooperate in investigations?

It's called freedom of privacy bro
Even constitutionalists would do the same
Even many black people refuse to cooperate with profiling

Why do they refuse to speak out against Islamic fundamentalism in large enough numbers that would actually deter movements from forming?

How's this for example
www.cnn.com...

At the end of the day you wouldn't even hear about mass protests about anti-extremism from the muslim community.

In fact when terroists, like the airline bomber, say that they plotted to attack U.S. because of america's foreign policy, or for the airline bomber because of u.s. attacking yemen, as far as mainstream news is concerned they only talk about religious extremism.

I saw it just happen before my eyes with the airline bomber.
All these articles about extremist religious views.

Lets see here; maybe because they put religion before country.

Ya so?
I'm not saying that they do, but even if so... so what?

As long as they mind their own business what difference does it make?

In fact majority of people who are patriots are just complete idiots that are victims of demogaguery.

Blind patriotism is the worst enemy of the western world is what the major foundation for all these useless wars which is stripping this nation's freedoms and destroying it's economy.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If all the bombers were blonde, blue-eyed ladies from my state, and they targeted this group to undergo additional screening before boarding a plane, I honestly don't think I would have a problem cooperating. I'd just go get in the blonde/high risk line, and let then search me, understanding the reasons behind it, and try, as an innocent, to not make a big fuss about it.

I understand why all you guys feel this way. But doesn't a part of you believe we have to rise to the occasion? The occasion being, people are trying to kill us?

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I understand why all you guys feel this way. But doesn't a part of you believe we have to rise to the occasion? The occasion being, people are trying to kill us?

See what I mean here?

The only people that would cooperate fully are people who don't even understand the situation

Look at the above quoted post.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Uh, I apparently wrote the above "quote" and consequently don't need to review it. Your post is not clear. What do you mean?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Out of curiosity, how many Jews in Germany do you think are team players. More specifically, which team?

Harsh...but point well made CuriousSkeptic.

I'm sick and tired of people needing to hate every single other person that doesn't share their own personal view on how the world should be.

Hate em cuz their gay, hate them for the color, hate them for their religion, hate them because they are liberal, hate them because they are conservative.

I'm tired of seeing this country run by morons.

You know...we could always BRING OUR TROOPS HOME!!!

END THE WAR!!!!!!!

For the love of god people...are we ever going to learn? 9 years and counting....

1000's of soldiers and countless innocent people dead. Why? Because they want us out and we won't leave? It can't be the oil when Iraq is selling oil contracts to Russia and China. This whole thing is rubbish.

We've got to come to our senses on this. Our country is in terrible shape.

The United States is the pop singer of the world. We pretend to sing the song live although it's a recording as the audience sees us for the fools we are....then the music stops.....

end the war. Bring the troops home Obama...Mr. Nobel Peace Prize.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I apologize
but for example, the airline bomber was not a religious extremist
so for that to be the cause of airport profiling is ridiculous
the media and govt. lies way too often

See the reason why they don't want you to know the real reasons behind the attack is because for one it would greatly strenghten the anti-war sentiment and increase that crowd as well.

the airline bomber wanted to blow up the plane because Yemen was attacked

this is blowback, meaning a consequence of america's war against the middle east.

of course that by no means justifies the bomber's actions as all his victims would have been innocent people who had nothing to do with the Yemen attack

My point is they are not at all trying to curb terroism
This is not their intention whatsoever

furthermore they loved it that a plane was in danger
now the govt. will get expanded powers, more than what it already has

who said "never waste a good crisis"?

No one is out to get you, it's all lies and propoganda

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So is it possible a 29 y.o. muslim could down a plane? What about a muslim woman? What about livestock owned by a muslim?

America is done.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Someone needs to put a bullet through this bastard's skull. I haven't heard anything like this, ever. Not with as much arrogance, anyway. This is reminiscent of the Japanese concentration camps within the US, post-Pearl Harbor.

Seriously, the man needs to go away. Someone needs to incapacitate him or put him in a 'home'. You know, what the CIA has done to people for the past 60 years. Except this guy is a real threat, unlike the hundreds or thousands the CIA has "destroyed" over all these years.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
[
I apologize
but for example, the airline bomber was not a religious extremist
so for that to be the cause of airport profiling is ridiculous
the media and govt. lies way too often

See the reason why they don't want you to know the real reasons behind the attack is because for one it would greatly strenghten the anti-war sentiment and increase that crowd as well.

the airline bomber wanted to blow up the plane because Yemen was attacked

Once again we have an example of the alarmingly frequent posts here that seek to justify the attempted murder of innocent people. What is your motivation for such reprehensible actions? Are you supportive of the Islamic Extremists Jihad against the west? Do you support the cold blooded murder of innocent people?

The attempt to blow up the airliner as well as the all-but-certain future attempts is part of the overall plan of AQ and it's sympathizers, to force the rest of the world to convert to Islam. Your attempt to view this attempted attack as a singular response to anti terrorist activity in Yemen is either a deliberate attempt to mislead or you have a complete lack of understanding of the Islamic Extremist movement.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Once again we have an example of the alarmingly frequent posts here that seek to justify the attempted murder of innocent people.

wow, quite a piece of work you are for asking this question right before stripping the answer from the quoted statemetn I made.

In case you missed it, here it is

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
of course that by no means justifies the bomber's actions as all his victims would have been innocent people who had nothing to do with the Yemen attack

My point is they are not at all trying to curb terroism
This is not their intention whatsoever

You are unbelievable!

I would never use such a tactic as you just did in a debate

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Existing profiling and communication methods between agencies and diplomatic entities should have prevented this most recent aircraft bomber even boarding a US bound flight, and so it is logical that improvements must be made to eliminate such failure in the future - agreed (apparently his father contacted several US official entities in their home country to warn them of his son's dangerous radicalisation and pleaded with them to help find him before something happened).

However...I just can't help seeing possible flaws to this particular reaction/presentation which, to me, might even suggest more of a dodgy effort to further manipulate the masses into accepting certain types of foreign civilians as legitimate targets for sub-standard treatment, perhaps in advance of middle eastern military commitment escalations, rather than a truly logical attempt to prevent another terrorist attack (in the air), because:

a). Profiling as outlined by this general will only get you so far, e.g. take a look at the case of the 2009 attempted bombing of Exeter city shopping centre in England by Nicky Reilly, a vulnerable loner with mental health issues who is believed to have been groomed by Islamic extremist terrorists.

b). What about the other similar tactic that emerged recently of advanced internally hidden explosive devices (placed inside the carrier's body). Wasn't that in Saudi last year where it nearly succeeded in taking out the high ranking VIP target? Would this proposed screening and 'strip searching' find someone with some kind of surgically implanted device - perhaps the next generation?

Personally I conclude that visual and intelligence profiling will only get you so far. They'll need advanced and intrusive scanners on everybody boarding to be 100% that they have cleared all bodies of devices. Perhaps changes into medical gowns or similar would also be part of it? And be sure to make certain the ground crew, cleaners, luggage handlers, catering suppliers and engineers that may have alternative access are also all always 'clean'?

Regrettably, I just don't see how you can do that though with the complexity and scale of air traffic in/out and around the USAs and other targeted airspace? I will be surprised to see anything but a negative impact on the broader population's willingness to travel regularly amidst such measures, perhaps this 'failed' bomber has affected us all more than we might yet fully understand?

[edit on 4-1-2010 by curioustype]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

With all my heart and soul I wish we were not in a war. But we are.
Who started it? Nobody can presume to know neither the moment, nor how and when it will all resolve. It's just always been. It's massively complicated; born from hatred, pride, insecurities and fear.

It perpetuates itself with the same.

People will continue to die, until everyone lays down their arms. Who is willing to do it first?

Unfortunately I don't see this happening soon.... maybe not ever. It's not just the US/UK causing problems. The rest of the world seems to be holding up it's end of the fight as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Once again we have an example of the alarmingly frequent posts here that seek to justify the attempted murder of innocent people. What is your motivation for such reprehensible actions? Are you supportive of the Islamic Extremists Jihad against the west? Do you support the cold blooded murder of innocent people?

*bored*

First, no one on this planet is innocent. You pay taxes, your taxes drop bombs on other people's families, and your families wonder why people want revenge when someone gets angry enough.

But pulling this "innocent" crap is ludicrous. That blah blah, "I do what I can in my own way to make the world better" doesn't cut it. It holds no water nor bears any consolation to the families that have bombs dropped on them in the first place.

Perhaps we have forgotten that there is a "war on terror" and part of "war" is that it isn't unilateral. Once side fights, and the other side fights back. To act so appalled when someone strikes back in whatever way they can is dull.

I don't condone vengeance killings, nor do I support Jihadist motivations. I also don't condone inane banter about how wronged we are because a nearly successful bomber that got through security checks or a man who got through security and had to be searched for in another airport. There is no need for a new "security 2.0," we simply need our current security to do their jobs.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Where do people like you come from? I'm curious.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
reply to post by ChrisF231

Name one natural (as in born and raised) American Muslim who's committed a terrorist act on American soil in the last decade.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by CuriousSkeptic]

OK, Nidal Malik Hasan the Ft. Hood shooter. That was a terrorist act even though the government has gone out of the way to avoid labeling it as one.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Timothy McVeigh.....oh wait...

He's wasn't muslim.....

My bad.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

You got me there, I thought one of you were going to say Johnny Walker Lindh.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join