It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired U.S. General Promises An Airliner Will Be Downed Within 100 Days

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

You're the one spouting crazy racist rhetoric and generally displaying a "I fear all the bogeymen under my bed" thought process. I'm just wondering what kind of breeding and environment inspires such an outlook on life.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Okay, so suddenly we have person on the television who is retired and when he was active status his clearance was only for the lower cafeteria, please, lets try and keep things on a particular level here.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
"But doesn't a part of you believe we have to rise to the occasion?"

If you're a male, I don't know if it is a good idea to "rise to the occasion" while being stripped searched.

Aaaaah yes...the good 'ole US of A...everyone is a terrorist and drug dealer until proven innocent.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"But doesn't a part of you believe we have to rise to the occasion?"

If you're a male, I don't know if it is a good idea to "rise to the occasion" while being stripped searched.

Aaaaah yes...the good 'ole US of A...everyone is a terrorist and drug dealer until proven innocent.

I can understand your frame of mind. Then again, its only taken twenty odd years since the initial phase of redirecting public concern that you have achieved your opinion.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Once again we have an example of the alarmingly frequent posts here that seek to justify the attempted murder of innocent people. What is your motivation for such reprehensible actions? Are you supportive of the Islamic Extremists Jihad against the west? Do you support the cold blooded murder of innocent people?

*bored*

First, no one on this planet is innocent. You pay taxes, your taxes drop bombs on other people's families, and your families wonder why people want revenge when someone gets angry enough.

But pulling this "innocent" crap is ludicrous. That blah blah, "I do what I can in my own way to make the world better" doesn't cut it. It holds no water nor bears any consolation to the families that have bombs dropped on them in the first place.

SO when an extremist scumbag purposely attempts to blow up an airliner carrying children, there are no innocents?

[*SNIP*]

Mod Edit: Removed inflammatory and sexually explicit insults.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy is Mandatory – Please Review Link.

[edit on 1/5/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
[*SNIP*]

Listen, if you want to go out on a date with me... all you have to do is ask nicely. But I'm not cheap.

Please elaborate on the Islam extremist view that you're an expert on and that we all just don't understand.

Mod edit: Removed quoted text from above edited post.

[edit on 1/4/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

Listen, if you want to go out on a date with me... all you have to do is ask nicely. But I'm not cheap.

Please elaborate on the Islam extremist view that you're an expert on and that we all just don't understand.

You accused me of being racist. I asked you to support that charge. I'm waiting.

And listen, know one thing. I'm not dropping this until you support your charge or admit to being a liar.

You should be careful who you call racist.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Name one natural (as in born and raised) American Muslim who's committed a terrorist act on American soil in the last decade.

Hope no one beat me to it.............Major Hassan....Ft Hood terrorist.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Anyone who advocates hate against a group of people and then attacks anyone who has a different opinion. What would you call that?

By the way, I'm flattered that you find me so attractive.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
That General is talking crazy!! I wonder if he would like to be stripped searched every time he decided to travel? I bet he wouldn't like it one bit. It is to simple to single out one group of people because of how they look, what religion they adhere to, or where they come from or their ancestors.

His measures and solutions are so fascist and draconian that it would make a Nazi smirk with adulation. He is spitting on the very principles he swore to defend while wearing the uniform. His solution is disgusting and shame on him for advocating such a knee-jerk reaction by the government in dealing with security measures at airports.

In any security scenario, there is always chance of a breach, however, the passengers aboard the plane did what they were supposed to do and took control of the situation. In my humble opinion that is all that can be expected, and strengthen the current security precautions we have in place. Apparently, the security measures have worked, because we haven't had another terrorist attack since 9-11.

Why make things more difficult for everyone because of one security breach? Nothing happened and terrorist was subdued. Yet many in the government, political parties, and MSM are kindling the flames of panic among the people. The people are on the plane did a great job and had the vigilance all should have when faced with a suspicious scenario. Personally, I think they should be addressing the awful economy with as much fervor as they are with this latest botched terror attack.

Let me say again, botched! In other words, I think profiling is the easy way out and doesn't address the multifaceted reasons for terror and terrorism. To discuss the semantics of such a topic is for another time and another thread. However, I don't think all should be punished for the act of one person or group. There has to be other ways to address security concerns, rather than, going after a particular group or ethnicity as a whole.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Anyone who advocates hate against a group of people and then attacks anyone who has a different opinion. What would you call that?

If I am advocating hate against a group of people then please provide the evidence? Are you that stupid that you can't answer a direct question?

One last chance.

Back up your claim that I am racist.

Last chance.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Wow, not a Christian, so I guess that would make no sense........no I see puppets saying wow that sucked sorry. What I don't see are American muslims saying anything. Apples to oranges.....gang war fare in LA vs. Harlem has nothing to do with this, nor is it in my opinion a valid comparrison.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

I would call that the MSM. Yup, pretty much sums up how they treat anyone disagreeing with obama.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If Muslims wanted to kill people, they don't need to do so on an airplane. They can just bring a bomb to school, for example, much easier and less risks. Besides, it's not even clear if the recent attack is CIA-induced or not. Since 9/11 has been shown pretty conclusively to be an inside job, I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Instead of fighting hate with hate, it's much better that both sides come to compromise, and that is, they can believe whatever they want, as long as they don't cross the line with murder.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888

Instead of fighting hate with hate, it's much better that both sides come to compromise, and that is, they can believe whatever they want, as long as they don't cross the line with murder.

Ok so, since AQ HAS crossed that line, what approach would you suggest? After all the person who tried to blow up the airliner on Christmas Day, is, by his own admission, affiliated with AQ.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
There is something fishy about this latest incident that is all too reminiscent of the government's behavior in the aftermath of 9/11.

For starters, America has had enhanced security measures in force at airports for years now, since 9/11. In this case the individual in question was actually identified by his own father as a danger due to exposure to radical islamic influences on him. And yet somehow this guy and his body bomb got through security.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, let me put it to you that America is an incompetent country that should not be in charge of it's own security. Has anyone in the Department of Homeland Security been fired over this latest incident? I'm not asking for a hasty trial and summary execution as would be done in China, just a curt "Hit the road, Jack."

Now, I know that's not the American way. In America, as 9/11 brought home to everyone far and wide, no-one is actually responsible for their responsibilities. All enquiries are "no fault" inquiries. It's the new American way. Go along with the gutting of America and we can guarantee you a "no fault" career.

Of course most of the above is kooky, but that's my point. I smell a rat here. Are Americans being prepped for the next big false flag terror attack? Could be. This general might not simply be dopey, on the contrary, he might be 'on the job.'

[edit on 4-1-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
THREAD ANNOUNCEMENT

Please get this thread back on topic. Refrain from attacking other posters. Remember that Courtesy is Mandatory.

Posts directed at another member, insulting another member, or that violate the T&C's will be removed and point fines possibly issued.

Please debate the topic and not the poster.

Thank You.

ATS Staff.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
DELETED

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Night Watchman]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join