It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Give Up, We are Out Numbered!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I found it. Hell I don't know if it's real or not it's pretty good if it's fake

[edit on 19-1-2010 by intothelight]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by intothelight

You are correct. The internet and the hoaxers that came along with it (and b4 it) have definitely made the waters murky. For this reason I have completely stopped searching the web for videos/pics. When I get the urge to try and hunt up some Ufo's then I just go outside and look up. Now I know that not all live in the country and it makes it hard to see at night but my best sighting by far was during the day. Just look up. Ignore the idiots that are harming the search. You end up discrediting yourself, unfortunately, when you put any stock into them. They aren't hiding from us, we just simply have to open up our tunnel vision.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Some are Fake , some are Genuine , and some are Unknown ....... What would you say this one is ?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Well, it says CG UFO in the video. That should give you a clue on whether the video is real or fake.

Are you serious?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Dude, that's not even a good fake. The one that Maybe...maybe not posted was much more realistic looking. If you have any questions at all about its authenticity, just look at about the :20 when the thing passes over that ridge. The maker forgot to put a shadow in.

Also, see that little red thingy at the bottom left of the video? Yeah, that one, just pass your mouse over it for a moment.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Hmm... I have to be totally honest here. I'm confused. The OP indicated a high level of frustration over fake videos. But then, the video he says he feels could be real, has CG in the title, and a red pop up "thingy" that says the video is not real.

Just to make sure it's well understood, I'm very confused right now.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by intothelight
You know I saw a Video posted on youtube about a month ago that showed a real UFO in my mind

Intothelight has subsequently identified the video mentioned in his OP as being the one below, commenting "Hell I don't know if it's real or not it's pretty good if it's fake":

Information about that video can be found on the relevant Youtube page:
www.youtube.com...

As the title of the video (i.e. "Ovni en México (CG ufo)") indicates, the ufo is "CG" i.e. Computer Generated.

Translating the Spanish description of the video given by the person that posted it on Youtube, we learn that the video is:

Visual representation of ufos. Cg by Arq. Joshua H.C.

Animation by computer: 3d Max, Photo paint, After effects, Zbrush

The video also ends by indicating it is CG by this artist.

The relevant description also gives a link to the website of the relevant CG artist:
josue3d.webs.com...

His other work includes a video of an alien (which I think it actually considerably better than his UFO video), among other relevant videos:
josue3d.webs.com...

The video mentioned by the OP is also included by the artist on that page.

I'm not sure if the OP had these points and other videos in mind when he formed the impression that the video showed a "a real UFO in my mind", but I thought them worth mentioning.

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 19-1-2010 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It is wise to simple start a shut group and discuss things there online. The internet is fine and openess is fine but if you really want jokers out then you got to be strickt. Websites llike ATS are not suitable for in dept discussion. Question beiing, when is someone a joker and with what meterial?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You need to increase your critical thinking skills and narrow your search parameters. At the end of the day whether or not a blurry light in the sky or a clear image of craft is real or fake it doesn't really matter. These events can't inform you in any real way. They are just flying objects.

There have been photos of UFOs in the sky from before we could fly. This tells me we have been visited and possibly still are being visited by aliens though i think modern UFOs are mostly U.S. government craft.

With this premise that most modern craft are earth made I then look for evidence and facts as to how they work. Something tangible that could correspond with modern physics or one of the semi-known offshoots of modern physics. Why? Because these details are testable, they can be peer reviewed as per the scientific method.

I spend so much time reading that I have developed a pretty good BS filter. A good BS filter as well as an open mind are needed to make heads or tails of the stories and claims out there.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ok, the video I saw at one time was the video I posted however, someone had taken out all the stuff that says it's a fake. Geez guys, sorry I posted it

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Don't be sorry, that way more people will identify it as fake if they see it sometime in the future.

Yes, I know, I am an optimist.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientShade
Question beiing, when is someone a joker and with what meterial?

It may not be easy to tell what is what when it comes to footage/photographs.

On the other hand, most claims made on here, can be shown to have other possible explanations apart from the involvement of visiting ETs or thier craft, and should IMHO be looked at completely separately from the footage and photographic evidence.

Of course that does not include specific cases where both are available.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobbox1980

There have been photos of UFOs in the sky from before we could fly. This tells me we have been visited and possibly still are being visited by aliens though i think modern UFOs are mostly U.S. government craft.

Unfortunately your BS filter has let you down...

You would expect to find Unidentified Objects in any photograph, and from any time.

UFO or UO does not mean ET, it could mean anything...

A bird, or an insect, or an optical artifact (cameras were not free from flaws in the early days any more than they are now).

You obviously have not done much photography, or you would realize that UFOs (and UOs) crop up in photographs all the time, and there is absolutely nothing to suggest that they are anything other than mundane objects, optical-artifacts, and perhaps in a few cases some unusual but none the less terrestrial phenomena could also be a possibility.

This also does not exclude the possibility that some photographs may have been faked.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The problem with this forum is the people who are obsessed with wanting to believe.
They see a light, they claim it's a UFO/Alien craft, they see a smudge on a moon or mars photo and claim it's a "Megalithic alien structure"
To be honest, it's those people who make the rest of us and this site, look bad.
I used to come here quite a lot, but it's as the original poster in this thread said, the "crazy folk" are rampant here now.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Are you implying that you think all sightings of UFOs are not spacecraft/aircraft?

If not then how has my BS filter let me down? I never said ALL sightings were actual craft.

The first point I was trying to get across to the original thread poster was that the UFO phenomenon is pretty well settled.

There are definitely craft flying in our atmosphere that display properties no conventional aircraft has. High speed turning is one example. In any normal aircraft such turns and acceleration would kill the pilot through excessive g-forces or break apart the aircraft.

These high speed turns and acceleration speeds have been seen by common eyewitnesses, pilots, air traffic control personnel, and military radar operators. The likelihood that all of these people are lying or mistaken is infinitesimal.

The second point I was trying to get across to the original thread poster was to find testimony from civilian eyewitnesses, contractors, and government personnel that is capable of being peer reviewed. What I mean by that is finding physical descriptions of the interior and exterior of these UFOs such as magnetic coils, liquids, hull materials, etc.

Bob Lazar for example stated that UFOs run on element 115. He is an example of a person with evidence that should be put to the side (or ignored depending on how much one looks into his background and his lying about colleges he attended) because we have no natural deposits of element 115 and therefore even if what Bob is saying is correct there is no way we can peer review his testimony.

Mark McCandlish on the other hand stated that the ARV "flux liner" had a magnetic coil around the circumference of the craft, a flywheel, and capacitors on the bottom of the craft. Without understanding any of the potential physics involved at all, one could still peer review his claims by making a scale model of the ARV with all of the parts that were supposedly on board.

The lack of peer review in the UFO community is really another symptom of American school's failing science programs. The ideas and concepts behind peer review should have been drummed into students heads in school but it often appears that those lessons have been completely forgotten.

In my opinion the entire point to studying the UFO phenomenon is to build to the point where one can conduct experiments to peer review the testimony.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Bobbox1980]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bobbox1980

Are you implying that you think all sightings of UFOs are not spacecraft/aircraft?

No. What I'm saying is that there is no evidence that a single photograph is of something related to ET. Some might be, but I think it's unlikely, and making the leap that because something might be true, we must have been visited is unjustified.

If not then how has my BS filter let me down? I never said ALL sightings were actual craft.

No, but your conclusion, as I pointed out above was erroneous.

These high speed turns and acceleration speeds have been seen by common eyewitnesses, pilots, air traffic control personnel, and military radar operators. The likelihood that all of these people are lying or mistaken is infinitesimal.

Wrong, I'm afraid. What you wrote above is a common misconception held by most people that have not taken the time to fully understand and research the subject.

Witness testimony of UFO sightings is known to be particularly unreliable.

When we see something, what we see is not "reality". Before you can see something, your brain has to process and interpret the data that is received by your eyes. What you are seeing is not reality, but your brains interpreted version of reality, and we know that in many situations our brain can make mistakes.

One classic example is the Moon illusion, where the Moon appears to be much larger than it actually is when it is very low on the horizon.

That is just one example, but there are many other areas in which our brains can fail, and much of the time it is in the same kind of situations where UFOs are likely to be observed, ie. observing an object in the sky where there are few if any visual cues. Our brains need visual cues, and if they don't get them, they "fill in the blanks" with the "default/best-guess", which is usually wrong since we are used to (hard-wired if you like) for observing terrestrial objects on the ground where there usually are visual cues.

The upshot is that humans are very bad at:

1. determining the size, distance and speed, since these are all intrinsically related.
2. determining the true motion of the object.

The result is that mundane objects are often erroneously discarded as possible causes for a particular sighting.

That is the first stage at which error can creep in. The second stage is "recollection", and as you know most people do not have perfect memories. Memories can also become exaggerated, and the witnesses own bias has to be separated from the facts of the case.

That is the third stage at which errors and misleading evidence can seep in. Interviewing a witness requires special skills to separate assumptions made by the witness and what actually took place. The sad thing is, I have never seen any evidence of such skills in the vast majority of UFO cases collected by the UFO agencies out there, and posted on here.

As for other "evidence" such as the radar contacts you mentioned, no one has ever proved conclusively that a radar contact has been connected with a UFO. There are many claims of such, but not one stands up when looked at closely. Radars are capable of generating false returns, it's as simple as that.

The second point I was trying to get across to the original thread poster was to find testimony from civilian eyewitnesses, contractors, and government personnel that is capable of being peer reviewed.

You can't "peer review" witness testimony for the reasons I gave above. At best, witness testimony is just something which can point the investigator towards real evidence.

Even in a court of law, witness testimony has never been used to convict someone. Some how this important "little" fact seems to have escaped most of the UFO community.

As for the rest of what you wrote regarding Bob Lazar et al, how do you know that he/they is/are not simply making it up?

As usual, lots of wild claims, but no actual evidence that supports any of it, except in the minds of those who are incapable of rationally examining the facts.

In my opinion the entire point to studying the UFO phenomenon is to build to the point where one can conduct experiments to peer review the testimony.

You can't do that as explained above. I do agree that there needs to be more proper investigation of the subject.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There are and will continue to be proper investigation into sightings, not everyone falls for the your deluded squad attempts to make people look like idiots just because they say so.

You have to remember and take into account, those who's mission in life it is to claim everything as fake, and constantly spend their time giving reasons why the people who we have placed trust in to maintain our Nuclear systems, fly our planes with our Families on board, people trusted with our most sensitive secrets, yet to a few people, as soon as they tell us what they witnessed, they are mistaken or insane.

Why is that? why does all the trust and respect we have held over these people simply begin to vanish, because one or a couple of people decide to provide mistakes or actions as proof of them being untrustworthy, who should we really be trusting here?

Do we trust the lifelong career professional, or some nameless person who pops online trying to convince the rest of the World they know it all, we have all seen the response (ALIENS WOULDN'T DO THAT) or Why would they do that ETC, like they know exactly how Alien cultures work, and what everyone's responses should be when faced with events unexplainable by anyone, if they really knew they would explain it to us would they not, and with a more convincing excuse.

They throw their opinions around like they live their lives, feeling like in their World they are the part the World orbits around, when in reality they are ignored just like anyone else, only their mind tells them or convinces them of their own self importance, people still walk past them and don't even realise they exist, places like this are one of the only places they have a noted voice and how Worldly significant is that really? do you lose sleep over it.

Their opinion is just that, an opinion, an opinion they have learnt from someone else, most of the opinionated sceptics on here, have never been out and looked for themselves, yet have an opinion based on you tube video's, the most important thing you can own in the UFO phenomenon is your own investigative opinion, one where you investigate yourself, and not listen to someone who really is clueless, it's not hard to do, look at things from your own perspective, and not a shadowy voice in a video, or words typed into a thread seeming to understand the meaning of life, and yes it does include this post.

If you are truly serious about looking for the truth, then look in the right places, get your information, and use what is contained in that information to find back up, different sources, witnesses, and trust your own eyes, you where there they weren't, so how can they judge what you saw? or what any witness saw? they cant, but wont stop them trying.

You are not out numbered OP, you are simply looking too hard, fake video's or not, we still have to sift through the crap, that's the only way to find any truth.

One of my Fav video's of all time is a fake, the Haiti Video, one of the only video's ever to take my breath away when I first woke up to it, does that make me an idiot? not on your life, it makes me open to everything that comes my way, if I dismissed anything without evidence of it being untrue, then I need a new job, just like believing everything that came my way would need the same result.

One day the truth will be out, and I have no doubt it will prove the existence of ET craft visiting the Earth, if that happens the way I believe it will, then where will these people be then? they are on record now with their lame excuses, when the truth does come out who will look the fool? as long as it's done with self respect, with truth in mind, with Honesty, then those of us who struggle and strive for the truth have nothing whatsoever to worry about, it just puts us at the top of the list to answer the questions and give an honest answer, without fear of being bitten by not knowing what we are researching in the first place.

Be safe.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

I am an eyewitness to several flying objects I cannot explain, only one time, in broad daylight with several family and close friends standing right there with me. We all saw the same thing, and we all agreed it was not of terrestrial origin, no stinking way. None of us are scientists, or pilots, or qualified to make this determination in the sense of credentials, but I'm telling you without reservation, if you had seen what we saw there would be no doubt left for you. Take that as you will, it is only my personal experience. You will never find me making claims of having contact with EBE's or anything beyond that which I have just alluded to. (Unless something really crazy happens in the future, I guess) I'm not the Andromedan Ambassador to Sector 12 or anything crazy, I just saw some things in the sky once that made me a believer, and I can never go back.

Do you discount all eye-witness testimony, really? Let's hope you never have to go to court as the victim of a crime where there are only eyewitnesses to corroborate your story of who the criminal was, and what happened. By your own standards, it seems, nothing is true nor can it be proven by mere eyeball witnessing thereof. I think you have erred on the side of being too skeptical without examining all of the evidence, or at least a sufficient body of reasonable evidence.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

It will only get worst. I guess something like UFOs, ghost, human powers that break the law of physics etc all really comes down to personal experiences. One of my favorite personal lines is "I'll believe in aliens when someone throws a dead one up on my kitchen table". It will even get to the point where the fake is better proof than the real…

In the end, this never ending replay of just eye witnessed reports and photos/videos that continue to be collected over a very long period of time that makes up 99.9% of all the proof we have on all this stuff so far has reached the point that anymore really means very little. What can another photo or another person talking about their experience really add? Conclusions have been made, some believe and some don’t, but the endless searches for the same inconclusive evidence is just that, inconclusive, no matter how we look at it or dress it up.

I say sit back and relax and wait for an event that cannot be faked or ignored. If it doesn’t happen then so be it, so I wouldn’t get to upset over it all for either the world knows as a whole instantly or it doesn’t, and another endless flood of the same “evidence” will not answer a single question that we surely all want to see answered.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

It will only get worst. I guess something like UFOs, ghost, human powers that break the law of physics etc all really comes down to personal experiences. One of my favorite personal lines is "I'll believe in aliens when someone throws a dead one up on my kitchen table". It will even get to the point where the fake is better proof than the real…

In the end, this never ending replay of just eye witnessed reports and photos/videos that continue to be collected over a very long period of time that makes up 99.9% of all the proof we have on all this stuff so far has reached the point that anymore really means very little. What can another photo or another person talking about their experience really add? Conclusions have been made, some believe and some don’t, but the endless searches for the same inconclusive evidence is just that, inconclusive, no matter how we look at it or dress it up.

I say sit back and relax and wait for an event that cannot be faked or ignored. If it doesn’t happen then so be it, so I wouldn’t get to upset over it all for either the world knows as a whole instantly or it doesn’t, and another endless flood of the same “evidence” will not answer a single question that we surely all want to see answered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join