It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Give Up, We are Out Numbered!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I am sick to death of the people who fake ufo photos and videos and the total as- wipes who make up stories. I also think that somehow this false information is just plastered all over the internet to make it impossible for us to do research. I hope a day comes were people who do this get what they deserve. I am tired of it and am thinking about giving up because of the "stress" of weeding out the real and fake videos and photos and info.

You know I saw a Video posted on youtube about a month ago that showed a real UFO in my mind and it also showed some type of stabilizers sort of like hide away head lights that were helping to control the craft. they would pop up and then close. this craft was a saucier shape craft and good footage, but it is gone now and I can't find it and that is pis-ing me off.

How do you know a post is fake=
1.When the person say they were in contact with the zitta mofuccs from the dontgivea#t nebula in the constellation of no.sepickers and the planet analglande.

You want to know whats worse??????, they could keep real people who are really trying to find real answers from finding them!!!!!

Sorry guys, I needed to vent here

MOD EDIT: Deleted the excessive amount of ! used.

[edit on January 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 2-1-2010 by intothelight]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intothelight

I know how you feel, every time I click on a thread with "best video/photos of UFO/bigfoot or whatever", I find a blurry vid that looks like a hubcap on a string. (yeah even on the bigfoot ones)

I have a huge problem believing in UFOs for this reason and tend to avoid these boards out of frustration.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

One person with the Spirit is a majority...
...so you need never be out-numbered.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I feel your frustration. However, I think there could be interesting, and somewhat amusing, unintended side-effects of charlatans, hoaxers, and confidence tricksters being awash on the internet. I think an audience, after sufficient exposure to the BS on the internet, is not left with many positions. They could: Believe anything they read; believe selectively; or become a sceptic.

To put it in economic terms, in 2009, the supply of BS massively exceeded demand. When the supply of something exceeds demand its value rapidly diminishes.

I think, and it's just a throw-away theory, that the funny side-effect of flooding the internet with BS will be to create more sceptics - or, at the least, more sceptical believers.

Edit: Spelling.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by jackphotohobby]

[edit on 3-1-2010 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

G'day intothelight

Do you mean this one?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hi There, Thank you, that was an interesting video but not the one I was looking for however, the same concept on the "stabilizers" as the one I saw but they were much faster in there actions (stabilizers).

I am feeling better now, I just stepped away from the problem for a bit.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intothelight

Hi There, Thank you, that was an interesting video but not the one I was looking for however, the same concept on the "stabilizers" as the one I saw but they were much faster in there actions (stabilizers).

I am feeling better now, I just stepped away from the problem for a bit.

If you have any clues about the video, post them & I'll have a look.

As my signature says....

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I do believe that sham of a video is an example of what the op is talking about. It is 100% fake, so fake that even the serious discussion that it might be real astounds some of us, and at the same time encourages others to give attention to yet more bad videos.

It is a vicious circle, and it seems to be self imposed.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

G'day again IgnoreTheFacts

Are there any videos you think stand a chance of being "something"?

What about the Nellis Air Force Base footage?

That's about the only one that gets me thinking.

That & perhaps Internos's 3 lights over Italy (I can't remember the city).

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

That is a very interesting night video of a flying bug a couple of feet in front of the camera.

Look at the time stamp on the video, it was almost midnight.

Many insects an see in the infra red and ultra-violet spectrum.

Maybe even the red light on the front of the camera drew its attention.

The range operators monitoring the camera knew what it was.

Why do you think it was released?

It was their inside joke.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker

That is a very interesting night video of a flying bug a couple of feet in front of the camera.

Look at the time stamp on the video, it was almost midnight.

Many insects an see in the infra red and ultra-violet spectrum.

Maybe even the red light on the front of the camera drew its attention.

The range operators monitoring the camera knew what it was.

Why do you think it was released?

It was their inside joke.

G'day calcoastseeker

I guess I've always thought this report was interesting:

homepage.ntlworld.com...

homepage.ntlworld.com...

homepage.ntlworld.com...

I've read a little from a fellow who claimed he was a trained military observer & upon viewing the video, he stated the object looked like a helicopter.

I've not heard the "bug" hypothesis.

Can you direct me to any reading material regarding that?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
First things first, I am a believer.
In my nearly forty years on this planet, twice I have seen remarkable events in the sky.
Once when I was young, I saw unexplainable lights.
Another time, when I was thirty-ish, I saw an unexplainable craft.

Anyhow, I have one issue that I can't answer, which keeps me very skepticle of sightings and moreso, video.

Consider these viewpoints, then tell me which is more realistic.

If another species, so advanced that they travel distances measured in light years, with the physical features to show how they have evolved (big eyes, skulls, lack of nose, body hair) were to visit, not wanting to be seen or detected, wouldn't they have the technology to completely defeat any detection?

On the other hand, if they truly wanted to prove their existence, why not put on a show so spectacular that mankind could no longer debate their existence?

In my opinion, they have the technology to do either, yet do neither.

They are supposedly "caught" on tape constantly, suggesting that they did not want to be detected. This could only mean that their stealth system failed, yet they buzz away at incomprehensible speed.
I can not believe that a craft so advanced could fail so often.

The other option is tha their system has not failed, and they choose to appear when the do.
Yet, they appear in the middle of nowhere, with cattle outnumbering human witneses by like 10-1.
Why not guarantee they will be spotted by appearing in a populated area, then putting on a spectacle like we have never seen.
Something doesn't seem right.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It is difficult and time consuming to weed through the bull. I do however believe in UFO's as they have been reported before airoplanes were even built. Also there are just too many credible witnesses, from all walks of life, from all over the world. Astronauts, police oficers, airoplane pilots, multiple witnesses, people who had nothing to gain from coming forward have admitted to seeing them.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Your probably talking about this one:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intothelight
I am sick to death of the people who fake ufo photos and videos and the total as- wipes who make up stories.

Yep... many of us here agree with your sentiments. However, there is one thing that is worse than the people who fake the pictures and stories... and that is the people who consistently believe them. It's these very people that give all this crap momentum and make it more noticeable to the general public than it would otherwise be.

Lets face it, without the 'I'm willing to believe anything' crew, the crapola would harmlessly disappear into the void very quickly and the real phenomena would rise to the surface.

Needless to say (but I shall) it's not the skeptical enquirers that are the dis-info agents here. It's the unquestioning believers by virtue of their own religious-like zealotry.

IRM

[edit on 2/1/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ThInGS Ar3 NoT WHaT Th3y

I'm nope@@$#$%^$%%& that was not it. That one was a joke right? LOL

Ever see the headlights on a Pontiac Fiero. The hide away ones? well this UFO had them on both sides of the craft top and bottom and they opened and closed very fast but you could see them in action. It (the UFO) was in a canyon and the person taking the video was on the ridge. I'm telling you it was REAL

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
believing or not believing is not required for something to be true. If there

was nothing to this phenomena we wouldn't be talking about it right now.

Time will be the deciding factor here

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThInGS Ar3 NoT WHaT Th3y
Your probably talking about this one:

I just knew you shouldn't have chosen that one

Cheers

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
here's something for ya
use it against a tin hat!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Lets face it, the only way wer ever gona truly believe is when we experience one for ourselves

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join