It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what I think will happen and I wish I was wrong...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Let’s get one thing straight, it’s coming. It is inevitable given the current predicament of society on this planet. The final war is coming and this time there is no room for error and defeat would signal the end.

Let’s look at the key players. Israel and the West. (Europe and the U.S), You have Russia, China and Radical Islam. Then you have all the other allies that are involved with them. North Korea for China, Australia and Japan for the West.

The battlefield won’t be in our cities it will be in the middle east.

Everyone on here has been saying Israel will attack Iran. They won’t, the U.S and Europe will attack Iran and Israel will deal with Lebanon and Syria. This attack is coming it’s just not happening until it’s all ready giving the West the best possible chance of winning the war. To do this you need staging bases for Air, Land and Sea.

Iran is surrounded and with land and air units on either side (Iraq and Afghanistan) There is just one thing missing. Naval support. True Iraq has a coast but it is small and too vulnerable from Iran so now we’re hearing about Yemen. Yemen is the key here and whilst no doubt we will be told that were going in to help them out but look at the strategic location of Yemen. You have a staging base for a fleet that can launch attacks all over Iran and is well away from them and therefore the west will have total superiority with the four main strengths in war. Land, Air, Sea and Tactical Nukes (Israel).

This was is not going to start until the West is ready. The one thing that they all know when that first shot is fired is that all hell will break loose and Russia and China will most likely get involved. If they don’t then they sign their own death warrants as an ideology. Whoever wins this war goes onto space exploration due to having the resources to do so. Defeat is not an option. The U.S already have bases all over the middle east apart from in Syria, Lebanon and Iran but we need some real muscle and more bases because once the U.S and its allies have the area under control then it’s all about keeping hold of them.

Saudi Arabia can supply the world with petroleum along with Venezuela for the next 50 years or so but America and its allies needs the oil in Iraq, Iran and the Caspian sea. Russia and China have enough to last themselves for a while and so does America but the last thing this world needs is another key player coming onto the world stage... the last thing the powers that be need is an Islamic super power. That is Iran.

Now why the hell cant people just simply get along... Ideologies. It’s all about Ideologies.

India and Hinduism is a slowly modernising culture although the birth-rate over there is a problem. China is a communist regime and with 1 billion people over there how else do you keep a population of that size under control? Russia is a democracy but you never know what you’re getting with those Ivan’s. The West is a capitalist regime which is allied (or controlled) with a small but powerful Zionist regime. Now that is a hell of a combination to have on the planet that is already struggling with resources but then you’ll have an Islamic superpower in place with Oil Reserves to last longer than any of the other superpowers reserves. That’s your problem. Iran may know how to use oil but I can tell you now they are not that advanced in terms of where we are today. I would say that they resemble us in the seventies minus the Nuke. Iran simply has to go for the survival of the other three major ideologies.

It’s shocking, it’s horrible but that’s the way the world works.

So none of this Israel threatens Iran and say that they will go it alone rubbish. Israel will do no such thing. Not at least until the U.S is ready. Ten years or so... slowly the military is being built up and bases constructed and people will die. Civilians will die. What use are they to us? Nothing... Their crime was that they were born in the wrong country...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is wrong and this is not how we should behave but if the Roman Empire had not fallen or the Crusades had been a success or the British Empire had not collapsed then we would not be here today and things would be a little bit different and probably for the best. Guess what. Were here now and it’s three against one. But it’s one against all... China wants some oil; Russia wants some oil and the U.S and its Allies wants some oil. Iran has the oil... Hopefully China and Russia stay out of this but I suspect China will certainly want to join in to secure oil for themselves. They have to. I don’t know if Russia will stay out of this or not or will they join our side? Who knows? There are two wars left on planet earth. This war will determine who is the victor and who is defeated in the final war because the victor will have the resources to exterminate the other and spread their ideology all over the planet and then get us off this rock. It’s a shame we cannot just all get off the planet but I think the powers that be want to make damn sure that there is no opposition when leaving this rock. We have the means to do so there’s just other things that they want to do before we start to even think about the Moon.

I know this may seem far-fetched but you have to look at things objectively these days. Think more than five steps ahead. This war is not going to happen yet until Iraq, Afghanistan and Yemen are secure. Iraq and Afghanistan are more or less secure with isolated incidents. 100 or so deaths a year, it’s nothing compared to what’s coming. Were only interested in securing bases and developing supply lines in a more or less reliable system none of this humanitarianism and mission of mercy. Sure were doing those things now but when the SHTF those things will not even matter and for those that are left will then be given all the help they can get because the objectives will be completed.

Failure is not an option. We fail we don’t go to space... we have a fourth superpower with nuclear capability come onto the planet and this superpower will have no intention of trading with us or selling oil. We lose and they win.

If you like your lives now... and you want to keep them then in a way you’d better hope the U.S wins the war.

I’d prefer them to all just sit down at a table and bang out a deal in the best interests of all humanity but that’s a none starter. This unfortunately... is probably the only way. I hope I am wrong... I do not think I am.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i would just like to state now that I am in no way supporting this upcoming war.

I'm just laying out basic facts that will most likely happen and why they are probably going to happen. It's an opinion and everyone is entitled to one.

I honestly wish there was another way but I just cannot see it. All for what? Some sticky black stuff? Makes my blood boil that us as a species despite all of our accomplishments and technological achievements we still just simply cannot get along with neighbours.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
With the 'west' distracted, India will trash Pakistan, which means with India's thoughts elsewhere, China will make a grab for northern India/bangladesh, so China will have a port on the Indian ocean, and on it goes.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i`ts like the world we live in is just a realtime version of the boardgame RISK

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I gave you a star and flag for this because the strategies are well thought out and realistic. However, I'm not sure about the presumed motivation, and that Israel will wait until the West dictates the time and place for a major global war....WWIII to begin.

I also don't think the space exploration motivation comes into play. It's all about the oil, and power.

Good thread, though.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Sadly i think a large part of what you say , particularly about Iran getting attacked is spot on .
All the recent stories and fake nuclear evidence uncovered in western media against Iran gives the clue to there being imminent intent for action against that country .

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I will also throw into the equasion that the Somali pirates gives the US a very good readon to have many ships in the vicinity and the need of a base in the region.

War is not just about attacking with troops anymore, it is really like a game of chess where all moves need considering well in advance.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Yes. And the OP makes a good case that this is underway. I admit I've thought it about to. We are surrounding Iran. Can you imagine how paranoia they must be? Scary stuff.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Oh well. What happens happens. War can not be predicted.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
We can't even control Afghanistan. I agree with your scenario having a base in reality, Russia is the wildcard.
We want Yemen and Somalia both. Has it been the plan all along to stick China with our debt and pollution then do them in gangster style and liguidate our obligations?
Pakistan does seem to be the epicenter of a coming quake, god only knows how that will end but that's what;s next IMHO.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well you already are wrong

China and North Korea are not close allies, and Russia is the same. We are not enemies of China (Australia), we have close relations with them in fact. Our Prime Minister even speaks fluent Mandarin.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I think even a good pet can somehow communicate with its owner.

Just because our PM speaks Mandarin, I think the only words likely to come out of his mouth is "We surrender"
Australia for as big and beutiful as it is, could not hold off any real threat, we are isolated at the southern part of the globe and if WWIII takes place, I believe ourt allies will have their own hands full to worry about coming to our aid.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
thanks for the responses guys... ok maybe I am being a bit far-fetched with space and all of that and maybe i dont know all the ins and outs but I have just thought of something else.

Let's look into the past.

U.S Vs Vietnam
Russia Vs Afghanistan

End of the day I reckon a major factor with regards to losing both of those wars was the aid Russia sent to Vietnam and the aid the U.S sent to Afghanistan along with the terrain.

Were fighting in a desert, hot and humid climate with landscapes that you can only use troops with air support, no armour.

In a way I think Afghanistan and Iraq are simply training excercises "controlled live wargames" to train our troops for the inevitable. Yeman will be the same as well. It is crazy to think they would actually do this but it's obvious that a barrol of oil is worth god knows how many dollers but a life to obtain that amount of dollers is worth nothing.

I can see the U.S and everybody associated with them winning this war by learning from their mistakes of the past.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I was going to answer here why I think your wrong on how things will unfold but it required such a long story I had to make it a thread of its own... you can read that here www.abovetopsecret.com...
No the western powers will not attack Iran... what they will do is give the MEK back their weapons and turn them lose on Iran...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adono86Let’s get one thing straight, it’s coming. It is inevitable given the current predicament of society on this planet. The final war is coming and this time there is no room for error and defeat would signal the end.

To start, I do not agree with this bleak assessment that the final war is coming. Final wars have been spoken about for centuries and how many times have members on this board posted about the coming final war. I would certainly agree that we are looking at times where hard decisions will have to be made.

The battlefield won’t be in our cities it will be in the middle east.

Based on events in the US recently, it will not just be the Middle East. Countries in the West as you call them have been subject to attack by radical Muslin elements.

Everyone on here has been saying Israel will attack Iran. They won’t, the U.S and Europe will attack Iran and Israel will deal with Lebanon and Syria. This attack is coming it’s just not happening until it’s all ready giving the West the best possible chance of winning the war. To do this you need staging bases for Air, Land and Sea.

So what is your basis for this assertion? Nothing I have seen indicated that the US and Europe will launch an open attack on Iran. The US is too heavily involved in Iraq and Afghanistan, same with the UK. The only major elements of these two countries that could be used would be the navy and air force, as these are less committed to the actions in Iraq and Afghanistan. A naval and air campaign will not be enough to subdue Iran and control the country. Even, if the opposition in Iran does come to the fore, it will not be enough to control the country. This will require boots on the ground. And just how much support do you think that Europe will give? The US and UK have found it difficult to get serious support for the troop surge in Afghanistan, a campaign that has hit not only The US and UK, but Spain, and who knows that the French have stopped but not declared to the rest of the world.

If we take your argument that the West will not attack until the best possible chance for victory, then we are looking at 12 months.

Iran is surrounded and with land and air units on either side (Iraq and Afghanistan) There is just one thing missing. Naval support. True Iraq has a coast but it is small and too vulnerable from Iran so now we’re hearing about Yemen. Yemen is the key here and whilst no doubt we will be told that were going in to help them out but look at the strategic location of Yemen. You have a staging base for a fleet that can launch attacks all over Iran and is well away from them and therefore the west will have total superiority with the four main strengths in war. Land, Air, Sea and Tactical Nukes (Israel).

Naval support is far from the issue here. With the US carrier fleet, there is no need to have close land based naval support. Of course, the further away the carrier is, the less time in country, but with refuelling, assets can be kept available. And why does Naval support need to come from carriers? These assets can be launched and serviced from ground bases just as easily as carriers, so have access to a coast for Naval support is not a precondition for an attack on Iran.

And if we go back to your assertion that Israel will deal with Lebanon and Syria, why the need to tactical nukes to deal with Iran. If the US wanted to use tactical nukes, why does it need Israel? And do you believe that Israel will use its tactical nukes with out the expression permission of the US?

This was is not going to start until the West is ready. The one thing that they all know when that first shot is fired is that all hell will break loose and Russia and China will most likely get involved. If they don’t then they sign their own death warrants as an ideology. Whoever wins this war goes onto space exploration due to having the resources to do so. Defeat is not an option. The U.S already have bases all over the middle east apart from in Syria, Lebanon and Iran but we need some real muscle and more bases because once the U.S and its allies have the area under control then it’s all about keeping hold of them.

So this attack on the Middle East is to ensure that the West has the resources to go into space? We have the resources to expand our presence in Space, if we stopped spending on military campaigns around the world. How much do you think the US and UK have spent on its actions in the Middle East? More than enough to fund a major expansion in space.

And why would Russia and China getting involved if the West attacks Iran? The West already has bases on Russia’s borders. Russia is more interested in maintaining its power as a regional power, and today, the US is still the only global military superpower, and if Russia stepped up to take the West on, I guess there are peoples still within Russia who might use this as an opportunity to rise up and declare their independence from Russia, so I do not see Russia taking up arms. Did the US attack the USSR directly when they invaded Afghanistan? So why would Russia attack to defend Iran? And more importantly, can Russia make a difference except with e nuclear attack?

And why would China get involved directly? Or are you suggesting that China’s involvement is indirect?

Saudi Arabia can supply the world with petroleum along with Venezuela for the next 50 years or so but America and its allies needs the oil in Iraq, Iran and the Caspian sea. Russia and China have enough to last themselves for a while and so does America but the last thing this world needs is another key player coming onto the world stage... the last thing the powers that be need is an Islamic super power. That is Iran.

So this all about stopping Iran becoming an Islamic super power? The US and The West has years of experience in destabilising countries and there is an active opposition movement in Iran. One factor that you seem to have missed. Will the other countries in the region allow Iran to become a regional superpower? With Saudi Arabia just sit back? I think not, and The West has been supporting Saudi Arabia as a balance to Iran and I do not see that balance being upset.

new topics

top topics

join