It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God Spoke, what language would God Speak?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

oh im at peace with my gods, i was mearly asking as to why the judeo christian god only speaks to thouse who allready know him and not to them that needs guidiance in their opinion ,.

cause if no one needs guidiance from god then all missionary,preaching and converting work is in vanity aswell ,

one can then argue that you need to accept god which makes the debate even more silly and circular so thats why im asking these silly questions

if god is everything wouldent that make god also the nuke that exploded over nagasaki or the uranium depleted bullet in the celing of some misfortunate familys roof

if he aint then god is not everywhere but only to a chosen few which makes gods word/law even more silly

god either is or god is not , which way is it ?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

land of milk and honey is a reference to a volcano that had erupted ,

manna which is white, colored the rivers white (milk) and the taste of manna is sweet hence the honey,

[edit on 2-1-2010 by zerbot565]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13579

bible this bible that

can you for me debate GOD please?

just for me.. as you did ask what hes saying

yet you totaly ingore my answer? and blow me off?

just to edit.. i wouldnt mind but i put god into its context did i not?

if god spoke to me what would he speak... well for a start i would have to be here in order for him to do so?

god would there for use his voice as "to create" in orde for you to listen

tho your not good at that part are you ,.. you kinda like the pop idol crappy stuff..

god sings to me like shakira

? that help?... lol

[edit on 2-1-2010 by 13579]

What on 'earth' are you talking about, I don't respond to some things you say because simply, i cannot understand what you are actually saying, its mingled with gibberish and your English doesn't flow well enough for me to understand, so don't take it personally.....yet you still seem come from an angle of anger, and to me, that isn't enlightenment, far from it actually, and that my friend, gives you no credit in what you're saying.

This thread isn't to debate God, this thread was a simple question and my 2c worth on if he spoke, what language would it speak.......want to do your God thread, start one and then we can have a good ol' yarn.

Besides, what planet are you from, you stated you're a walkin right?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

becuase its a lie

fact

god is a LIE

eveidece for such is in ur face yet you ignore it.

goodnight

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by 13579

oh im at peace with my gods, i was mearly asking as to why the judeo christian god only speaks to thouse who allready know him and not to them that needs guidiance in their opinion ,.

cause if no one needs guidiance from god then all missionary,preaching and converting work is in vanity aswell ,

one can then argue that you need to accept god which makes the debate even more silly and circular so thats why im asking these silly questions

if god is everything wouldent that make god also the nuke that exploded over nagasaki or the uranium depleted bullet in the celing of some misfortunate familys roof

if he aint then god is not everywhere but only to a chosen few which makes gods word/law even more silly

god either is or god is not , which way is it ?

Sad...but true... God is all that is, and the nuke occured because...God is Neutral IMO and allows all to occur. The "journey" or what I like to call it...is Balance, and its not a mere 50/50 balance, its a swing that goes one way then the other. It allows murder, poverty, death, but also allows love compassion and life....

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
no im not ignoring it
im acturly accepting it

the reason why i even can debate the issue

and the only true way to debate the issue is to know both sides

to even become an a-theist or contra-theist you need first to accept that there is something people call god and only after that can you take a stance on wether or not you want to belive in a god/s

so by stating there is no god you must have a knowlege of what god is before you reject the thought/teaching but the basis for not beliving in god is still based on the fact that you have a knowlege of what god is,

in other words not beliving in god is as fundamental as to beliving in god

but that is not what we debate here

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
reply to post by zerbot565

becuase its a lie

fact

god is a LIE

eveidece for such is in ur face yet you ignore it.

goodnight

and God bless!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

he made the universe and ET

and just so you know god made my cat

god made your cat what?
Nobody is allowed to come off like they're a genius, know it all, blow hard, if that can't spell.

eveidece

Grammar ? Punctuation? Spelling? Hard to tell exactly what you're trying to say
pard.
Almost everytime.
Any way Yeah!

god is a LIE

Great candidate for the most popular person on ignore.

To much of a pain for you to communicate in the norm or what?

[edit on 2-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I remember reading somewhere that biblical scholars decoded something in the bible about what language they use in heaven.

I cant really remember but Im sure someone will find it if they google around.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I dont think the language barrier is the problem here....

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Lasheic...whats your thoughts on, "If God THOUGHT, how would he think?".

I couldn't presume to say. I would be tempted to say energy, and yet that would require God to be made out OF energy because that statement suggests a duality. That duality requires an acknowledgment that is not thought itself - but that God thinks. It's dissecting God to analyze or speculate a component property of God. It would require God to be a greater whole than the sum of it's parts. And with the answer "Energy", God would be dependent upon energy for it's existence. I'm not too bothered by this, but for others who have more rigid concepts of god, it may be disheartening or blasphemous. It would mean God is not the Alpha & Omega - because it's existence requires a prerequisite. One could simply say that God IS sentient energy... but then... so are we. But on this level it's still applicable as we're isolating and analyzing the arrangements of energy systems as part of a higher level. So it's not the energy itself that's sentient, but rather the pattern and arrangement of that energy from which our particular form of sentience emerges and which can be described by complexity.

And herein lies the problem for a god which CAN communicate with us. One of the most, if not the most, fundamental law in physics we've discovered is conservation of energy. It cannot, by any means that we know, be created or destroyed. Yet for an interaction of energy in this universe, energy has to be transferred in some fashion. This means that if god IS energy, then god cannot interfere with our universe, without violating the law of conservation of energy.* Well, why not? He is God after all right?

Because that would require God to tinker with the fundamental rules from which our universe is constructed from the bottom up. Going back to what I said in the above post, the reason why our universe doesn't go *poof* in a cascading failure is because the variation of rules governing the monstrous scale of interactions on that bottom level is very low. This creates the stability of our universe, and it can be lost with the introduction of new rules or modifications to those rules if god is able to do so. And the further down you go the causal chain, the greater the effect on upper level interactions. The very same Fine Tuning Argument that Creationists use to justify their beliefs in their religion turns against them when they try to justify an intercessory personal god as it necessitates the violation of that fine tuning.

(* = This only applies for concepts of God outside of the universe. If God IS the universe, in which case God did not create the universe. For the sake of time right now, I won't get too far into it - but if God is the universe, then we are a part of that thought process - since we are OURSELVES a sentient piece of the universe. So God's thoughts would be, at least in part, our own communication with each other. However, keep in mind that if God IS the natural universe, then God is similarly bound by the laws of the natural universe - and can be understood, if it exists, by science and the study of the natural universe. Positive claims made about God should then be evidenced, demonstrable, and falsifiable. Yet before all that, the question needs to be asked... why still call such a being God?)

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Lasheic]

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Lasheic]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
God Speaks Sumerian or even the unknown language of Puma Punku:

Sumer culture and religion sprang up out of NO WHERE. 5500BC is where they are depicted to rise from in currently known history. They invented Algebra, atsronomy, economics, cultivation of land, developed the wheel, build high rise structures and pyramids, feared a civilization from the East that had 'Vimana' (which is an Indian word). For Sumers to just know these things is ludicrous. Whoever God is, influenced Sumers personally. Everything that you believe today was drawn up by Sumerians. Even Genesis in the bible is based on the Sumerian 7 Tablets of Creation which depicted 7 different dieties coming from the heavens and instructing different things to the Sumers.

Sumerian died off after 4800BC as other languages developed in different areas, however Sumerian cannot be linguistically tied to any language today. They spoke in a completely different manor that doesnt resemble any language known. Instead of using words to make up sentances, they used fragmented pernounciations to form words (though it is thought that these words contained compressed information similar to how our sentance structure works now.

Interestingly enough, they also had statues of spaceships, aliens, men with spacesuits, airplanes (similar to the ones found in the ancient Mayan culture).

However, (in my thinking) since the Puma Punku ruins at Teahuanaco, Bolivia outdate ancient Sumeria by 9,000 years at a minimum. Perhaps God would speak their language. Regradless, it all means He is on his way back here from somewhere...where I do not know, but whoever or whatever God is, He is real and has influenced peoples on this planet for millenia beyond what you or I could even perceive.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

god is a function

was that to much to read? yet you eqaute it with a being..

that is why my cat has no god.

only humans have. wonder why? was it you was told or that you are to blind that there is not because you require faith in one

because you have none in your self.

look at your planet as EVIDENCE

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
God is not dependent on any language to communicate with human beings. The study of religion shows that God communicates in the language of people they understand. However after when we all die and in the World hereafter I think God will certainly speak with us using any of the language, though my native language is not Arabic yet I as a Muslim believe it would be Arabic. In any case I believe there will be one language that all will understand, because I don't think speaking too many languages in an ideal place like heaven sounds cool.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by LOYAL]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Lasheic,

You've hit the nail on the head IMO, my belief system is that God is all that is, physical reality is the furthest and lowest form of interaction that 'we' gods, have with the creator itself....

We are Gods thoughts, and our thoughts are gods thoughts, and gods thoughts are our thoughts.

Our spirit is the spirit of God, and if you breakdown every molecule back down to its source, there are atoms, and further....there is energy, and the energy is everywhere.

Thought is electromagnetic in nature, so it forms in the brain and attracts electrons and thus, the thought process, it filters from the non physical, into the physical, our thoughts are not IN our brains, the brain is simply the vehicle, our thoughts originate in the non-physical plane of existance..

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

But the sumerian Gods may refer to 'space brothers' and not 'creation' itself..how does 'creation' communicate..

After reading many a post in this thread, here are my observations.

Creation speaks in:

Whatever Language it likes
All Languages
Music/Sounds
Symbols/Colours
Maths (Fibonacci etc..)

feel free to add more...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

God, being Omi* in all aspects of being the one and only God, as far as I know from personal experience, he can talk in any language he chooses; weather by music, weather, color, telepathy (mind to mind) or any given spoken language even that of mathematics..which is the universal language.

My first encounter with our Heavenly Father came back to 1979 in which God spoke my name to me directly and told me something about me personally which changed my life forever...a feeling which no one on earth ever knew I had..

no one else was in the room when this happened...

so .. yes.. God can speak whatever language he desires...

"all my sheep know my voice and another voice, they will no follow"

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Thats quite a story Komodo, interesting....quite interesting.. care to elaborate?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

So what? I bet many people have done so, or had the same experience, as prolific as seeing a UFO.

It is the ones God does not talk to, which claim they are, who are dangerous.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
reply to post by Lasheic

Lasheic,

You've hit the nail on the head IMO

Perhaps I have, perhaps I haven't, but it's not in the way you're thinking. I think you picked up on some of the similar words, but your correlating them to a different concept which doesn't fit the framework I was attempting to establish.

Thought is electromagnetic in nature, so it forms in the brain and attracts electrons and thus, the thought process

Thought is information, and information is an arrangement of energy/matter in a meaningful arrangement in space and time. Thought doesn't so much "flow in" to the filter of our mind, but is emergent from the PATTERNS in our mind. For example, the disruptions in the pattern of neural activity in various brain regions fire arbitrarily or randomly - which causes epilepsy. If it occurs in a region of the brain responsible for motor control, this can cause seizures. If it occurs in the temporal lobe, it can cause hallucinations. Further, we can introduce electromagnetic energy to specific localized brain regions to artificially disrupt the neural activity which "knocks out" cognitive functions associated with that region.

I would also have to ask, what would be your view on the mechanism which defines a dead brain from a live brain? Once brain activity ceases, it's almost impossible currently to reverse and restart it. We don't have a reliable way of doing it, and most cases you hear about tend to be involved with cases of hypothermia.

My explanation is that it is because our consciousness IS emergent from billions of neurons generating patterns of electrical activity - the death of those individual agents starts well before actual brain death occurs. Those who are resuscitated before total brain death, or suffer from localized trauma such as a stroke, often suffer significant brain damage resulting in disabilities from which they may never recover. In the case of a stroke, if the rupture or block occurs in the region of the brain responsible for maintaining heart rhythm - this can lead to cardiac arrest which then kills the rest of the brain via asphyxiation.

Once those neurons are dead, they start breaking down in the decomposition process and cannot be revitalized. As you lose more and more neurons, the bottom level of the system which generates those cascades of electrical activity starts changing dramatically - and it becomes increasingly difficult to sustain those cascades of electrical activity in a meaningful pattern that other neurons can respond to.

Think of it like the processor in your PC. Does your windows operating system exist intrinsically in the electricity you feed into it, from which your processor then filters? Or is the electricity the same, and the processor being the agent which create the patterns of electrical activity necessary for your other PC components to use in a meaningful way that generates and sustains your operating system? The brain is a bit different, of course, because the memory and the processor are the same - and to a degree, the software modifies the hardware in a feedback loop... but the gist of the analogy works.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join