It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God Spoke, what language would God Speak?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Simple....

If God spoke, he would speak EVERY language...

To me it is just to hard to believe that out of all the languages out there, any god would speak and understand just one of them.... Think about it, that would be a lot of people left out simply because they don't speak the same language...

If there is a god, they would speak all of them...

[edit on 1-1-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

The Heavenly Father is not limited to any of our earthly beliefs. I believe if the Lord came to me and spoke he would speak english, as he understands this is the only words I know. However, he has spoke to me several times with no words at all. Just spirit to spirit.

The Lord cannot be contained in a box. He is God, he can do all things.

Shalom and Happy New Year,
Grandma

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
God is Welsh. He would speak Welsh

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I once pondered, if God could speak...what language would he speak (we'll use 'he' for this post, god has no gender imo).

So which god were you pondering and why is it did you think that this particular god did not bother to communicate with you to save you making this thread ?

I asked this question last night, a friend who follows islam said he would speak arabic, my wife said he would speak aramaic, and I simply stated, "do you think, that he would actually communicate verbally".

Clearly this god is not communicating with either of you so it is either imaginary or speaking a different language than you lot.

So a few years ago, i studied numerology, studied metaphysics and chakra's, auras and what they mean etc...

Why did you not study languages which would seem the obvious logical thing to do when you don't understand the voices in your head ?

God communicates in 3 ways, and 3 ways only.

Did this god tell you this ? If so which god and how do you know it wasn't lying ?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
God is Welsh. He would speak Welsh

But I do speak English as well now get back on your knees and quit making presumptions about me or I'll turn you into Mansfield lol

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

The Lord cannot be contained in a box

What the hell you talking about woman he lived in an ark.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by moocowman

watch those one one liners my friend as I have no control of earthly modgods lol

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Think about it, that would be a lot of people left out simply because they don't speak the same language...

Like the majority of Chinese ?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It's silly and arrogant to even consider the notion that a supreme powerful omnipotent being would even be interested in talking to small idiots like us.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Incendia vox]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
God speaks in JavaScript. The internet holds the secret of what he has to say, but the mission is to find it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The Bible shows several examples of apostles and others that could spoke in a single language that people of many languages could understand. Peter did this after Jesus ascension and after the 12 apostles received the Holy Spirit, symbolized by the flaming tongues of fire over their heads

Everyone probably knows the story about the Tower of Babel where God confused the languages of the world.

Sorry I don't have the Bible verses chapters, but you should be able to google it. I'm at work and can't do it all right now.

I wonder if there is a a primary language we are unable to understand collectively at this poing.

When I was in high school on Sunday AMs, our public radio station played Tejano Music every Sunday AM. I was half asleep listening to it one morning, and I was able to understand the story of the song, until something popped and I lost it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I believe that God can and would speak every human language that exists. After all, (if you believe what the Bible says) God created the different languages in the Tower of Babel story. I think that he would talk to you in whatever language you knew, in addition to communicating with you via telepathy.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incendia vox
It's silly and arrogant to even consider the notion that a supreme powerful omnipotent being would even be interested in talking to small idiots like us.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Incendia vox]

I think it's like growing a garden. Some people think it's silly to talk to plants, but lots of people do it, and some even say it helps the plant.

What sane gardner would grow a garden and not tend to it or spend time with it?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Grandma

The Lord cannot be contained in a box

What the hell you talking about woman he lived in an ark.

Grandma is right though. Their Lord cannot be contained in a box. They apparently confine him in books and scrolls where he is guarded by old guys in funny hats though. And you don't question the guy in the funny hat!

By the way... is it troubling anybody else how many people in this thread don't appear to grasp the concept that there is no such thing as color. What you see as color is just a functional, though wholly fictional, representation of a narrow band of frequency ranges of the EM radiation spectrum.

That #2 Pencil on your desk is as innately and objectively yellow in the same manner as a nugget of uranium is innately capable of being loud and clicky.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Lasheic]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
From my knowledge as laughable as that may be to some..... our Creator's are extremely tall Grey/Whites and they communicate by Telepathy in any language known meaning not only Human language but other Species language.

Hey, but what do I know, right.

oops! edit to add God= Creator (S) < PLURAL

[edit on 1-1-2010 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Feelings are universal and so is math. The rest can be confused and altered to mean anything. I only would believe these two forms of communication. Extra sensory perception, or "feelings" and mathematical formulas.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Hey, interesting.... and i reckon he would either communicate via telepathy or would use his mind to transfer his thoughts onto a slab of concrete or a board.... i honestly don't believe he would speak any one language.. probably speaks them all if he spoke at all otherwise how would he communicate with us all?

If you pray, do you do it Telepathically or do you say it out loud in your language? You are hoping he hears you right and understands you?

S+F

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
God speaks reality. That is reality is God's speech. In the Beginning was the word - God spoke the universe into existance and reality continues as a story God is telling. The story includes tales of God but the God in the stories must therefore be less that than God speaking the stories.

You are a story God is telling - we are all part of the anthology of God.

My question is how much choice do you have in what genera your story takes?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I still don't think he would really speak in a language or math. He would speak to you in that ureka type of moment that everybody has had. Somebody can tell you how to do something over and over and you still will not get it, but all of a sudden ureka I know how to do it. How did you learn it did them preaching the same thing make you understand or did something complex happen inside the mind and inside of yourself happen that you suddenly became inlightened to how to accomplish what you were trying to do. And the problem you were trying to solve could of been anything under the sun from math , science , language , colors so on and so on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join