It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God Spoke, what language would God Speak?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

God, being Omi* in all aspects of being the one and only God, as far as I know from personal experience, he can talk in any language he chooses; weather by music, weather, color, telepathy (mind to mind) or any given spoken language even that of mathematics..which is the universal language

Just exactly what I would expect from God. I like your testimony.
Takes courage to post this type of thing. I applaud you.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
this has probably been said, but if god existed, male or female, all arrows for me would point to him either not needing to speak, why would a higher power take such a clumsy way to get his message across. and if he did speak he would probably speak either enochian, or some language we have never heard before.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

I think you are thinking too deeply into the "Mystery" of god.
Just as the deciples of christ could do through the holy spirit, Preach the word of christ in the language of the gentiles with clear dialect and i doubt previous training. God, if he is actually causing you to hear something, would be of your own language of understanding, or in a language untaught to you, however in a sense of complete understanding which would be interpreted as a miracle. If you read the King James version of the Bible front to back, or better yet the Hebrew script or translations of the Hebrew Script, you will learn who God is. He is just like you and me, with feelings of hurt, anger, jealousy, sadness, just like you and me. Except it is all in rightousness, well self defined rightousness since God Created Rightousness he also defined it. The biblical description of rightousness is finely detailed by the account of actual witnesses of gods obvious power and control.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The language of truth of course. This truth will be heard throughout the whole earth. An individual would hear through whatever their abilities to perceive it would be. However, that doesn't mean they would understand it anymore than they anyone else did in the past.

This can be determined by the fact that when the one who comes in the spirit of Elijah and speaks it appears no one l listens to him. This is why their will then be two witnesses. Deuteronomy 17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he who is to die be put to death; at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death. 17:7 The hand of the witnesses shall be first on him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. So you shall put away the evil from the midst of you.

Let The Truth Be Told

[edit on 4-1-2010 by The Riley Family]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Reality is an extension of the supreme being that exists on all dimensions. The supreme being speaks binary at the most basic level. Translating to numbers upward through dimensions into sacred geometry. Past that into intuitions, synchronicities, and divine interventions that help guide us through our lives. Communication is different at higher dimensions because basic language is inferior, it transforms to dynamic hypercomplex thoughts that can be compressed into single symbols. When you listen to yourself and have faith the supreme being will speak through you and guide you to the path that you've been chosen to choose. When you are touched by the supreme being you realize that the message being sent is infinite love.

The question isn't how God speaks to you. It is how and if you choose to listen.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If and its a BIG MASSIVE HUGE, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN BECAUSE IMHO GOD IS AN ICON USED TO CREATE WARS AND GAIN CONTROL OVER THE MASSES! if.......God was to speak it would not need to use sound as we would all here its voice internally.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
If and its a BIG MASSIVE HUGE, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN BECAUSE IMHO GOD IS AN ICON USED TO CREATE WARS AND GAIN CONTROL OVER THE MASSES! if.......God was to speak it would not need to use sound as we would all here its voice internally.

If a person takes a branch from a dead tree, carves it out, gives it a name, carries it around, devotes themselves to it, and gets others to do the same, then uses the "ICON" as an excuse to "CREATE WARS" , it wouldn't grant life to the branch or even the tree for that matter.

It doesn't make it God either but it is written "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1:23 and traded the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man..." and "...who exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator.

The ancestors to these still follow suit.

God usually speaks through his prophets. Few listen to him or his prophets but what he says is true regardless. Instead they impart their own desires to their "ICON" and follow after that. But then again, he said they would.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The Riley Family

what is the point of angels (messangers) if he must use prophets , ?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

If a person takes a branch from a dead tree, carves it out, gives it a name, carries it around, devotes themselves to it, and gets others to do the same, then uses the "ICON" as an excuse to "CREATE WARS" , it wouldn't grant life to the branch or even the tree for that matter.

That's kind of the point he was making, I believe. Although the concept of God has far more uses than "Control" and "War". As a social construct, religion has a plethora of uses both on the personal and social level - and a focusing on the negative without at least acknowledging the positive or otherwise beneficial facets is jaded and dishonest. Besides, I've never really seen the concept of God as a major starter of wars. Most are still started over economics, politics, territories, resources, etc. However, it is a damned effective justification and tool for claiming the moral authority to wage those wars.

The branch analogy is sort of bogus as well, because branches detached from the tree do not grow and adapt. Nor do they evolve, since they do not reproduce with variation (See: Naval Orange & Grafting). However, the concept of God is a meme replicated with variation in each mind introduced to the concept, and each time spoken of thereafter. Religion and it's concepts of God are subject to the same variations as language itself - which is why religions and concepts of God are continually splintering off into distinct lineages rather than coming together into a cohesive whole as more and more study is put into the religious texts and the theology studied.

Evangelical Christianity is to the Roman Catholic Religion as the English Language is to Germanic Language.

But by the some token, a cultural "concept" of God does form across a population of minds - and yet, beyond the scope of any individual mind in the group. This cultural concept can have a feedback effect on the actions and interactions of the individual/group. So in a way, God can represent a extant will which does work through the hands of the people who's lives he touches. As does Superman, Solid Snake, and Eric Cartman.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It seems crazy to think that god sacrificed his only son only for us mere mortal HU-man beings to base a following aorund it that is responsible for millions if not billions of death all in his name?

God created man in his image - ifso this thing is one hell of a sick b****d

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic

That's kind of the point he was making, I believe.

Sure, and we corroborated a particular point with pertaining remarks.

branches detached from the tree do not grow and adapt.

Exactly, but tell that to the ones that carve them into a figure and bow down to it and serve it and teach others to do the same. But since they don't all agree they carve another one and call it by the same name and follow after it.

vstr - secret, hidden

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
It seems crazy to think that god sacrificed his only son only for us mere mortal HU-man beings to base a following aorund it that is responsible for millions if not billions of death all in his name?

God created man in his image - ifso this thing is one hell of a sick b****d

Matthew 24:4 ...“Be careful that no one leads you astray. 24:5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will lead many astray.

Mark 13:5 ...“Be careful that no one leads you astray. 13:6 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he!’ and will lead many astray.

Luke 21:8 He said, “Watch out that you don’t get led astray, for many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is at hand.’ Therefore don’t follow them.

url=http://www.newhopeforall.info]What name is used to lead "many" astray?[/url]

It says God created man "in his image" on the sixth day. Are you sure of what day it is?

Atheists, Christians, and others don't be duped by religious indoctrination so even reality doesn't substantiate interpretation. A religion that is true is substantiated by the reality of things as it has been, as it is, and as it will be. Anything less can't rightfully be considered genuine faith.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

what is the point of angels (messangers) if he must use prophets , ?

Did we miss who said "he must use prophets". According to the scriptures God has used angels as messengers even to the prophets.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Heh. Sheep can be led astray.

See, that is the real meaning...don't be a sheep, don't be a follower, get out of the herd mentality!

Many, few, many, few, the few are the leaders. The herders and the shepherds.

Nothing like a Scripture moment, eh?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i think he would speak threw thought, his words would go into your brain as a thought u would just know what he wants to say, other then that? he would speak all langauges cause if he can create everything ect then he can do that,

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I just thought of this. Mechanese, like in the Starchild Trilogy.

Well, why not? its just as plausible...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
before babylon we all spoke one language....

maybe god can actually speak that language which is locked inside of us straight to us...far as we realize it is "english" or whatever our prospective languages are

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
On present evidence it would appear that god speaks gibberish, but not just any gibberish; gibberish with a threatening and forked tongue, and that he/she must have back problems....in which case god speaks glorious Anglo-Saxon swearwords (cusswords for my North American friends).

Of course, this is my opinion as a godless soulless heathen.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Probably already said, but here we go:

- "If God Spoke, what language would God Speak?"

- "America".

-v

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If God spoke a language it would most likely be the language of imagination.

At least this the medium through which we communicate with him so it stand to reason he would reply in the same manner.

He could also reply through inspiration...not to sure on that.

Peace

[edit on 3-9-2010 by operation mindcrime]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join