It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

happy new year for everyone.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well its past midnight here in Iraq so id like to say to everyone happy new year, a new decade of crazy antics and political spew is en route. I have made some new year resolutions that I find hard to complete but will achieve by the end of july so here it goes.

1. Quit smoking- Once my time here in Iraq is over, I will quit smoking cold turkey and never look back.

2. Never reeenlist- Lets just say that the army just cant afford me anymore, not that they ever had problems getting people to sign up but still my time will be over soon enough.

and finally...

3. Help people with their situations- Normally I don't help anyone unless they ask for it, but now I feel like volunteering for any task as long as its simply and not very time consuming but that can vary in many ways.

With a new decade comes new challenges and experiences, only time will tell if this decade will get better or worse. For the people of ATS, what is your new years resolutions and please feel free to speak about anything related to achieving your goals.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Happy New Year to you as well, Stop-loss!

Good luck with your resolutions. I hope the new decade brings you everything you hoped for.

My resolutions are in my signature....just click it and read.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Hey there, it's 9:40 pm (still a while to go yet), here in North Yorkshire, UK ... and snowing ... again !

May you have the happiest of new years and I send you the brightest of blessings ... be safe.

Woody

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Wow smyle you really beat my resolutions by a mile
. I hope your wishes come true and your future full of happiness.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm looking to join up for the British army this year so increasing my fitness will be my main and only new year’s resolution so far.

Also good luck to everyone else and there New Year resolutions.

And stop-loss stay safe dude

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Rising Against]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

May you have a happy new year as well. I too have some weather issues here with heavy rain and nearly flooded ground. Other then that everything is alright.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Good luck with your fitness training and who knows maybe you can make it to SAS with some high speed training

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Cheers man.

Hmm not sure about that lol i think parachute regiment is where you'll find me hopefully.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Rising Against]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm giving up drinking this year. General Order #1 took care of that for a while, but I was weak when I got back. I'll save my drinking money for something better. Hope you're not paying some haji for this internet. Stay safe!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Brown

I think KBR is sucking me off on the internet but other then that I wish you the best on your drinking solution.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hi Stop-Loss!

How nice of you to take the time to wish us a happy new year!

I wish one for you, too. The best.

Try imagining a place where it's always safe and warm. "Come in", she said, "I'll give you, shelter from the storm". ~Bobby D.

Take care of yourself and stay safe. Maybe it won't seem long and soon you will be back with your loved ones.

Happy New Year!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thanks for the reply lady. My safe place is in California and I will see it again someday. In the meantime i hope this decade finds you well

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Happy New Year to you too and to all my fellow ATS'ers. My resolutions are to lose weight and be less judgmental of others.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Come to think of it I was thinner before I Joined the army, but it seems like for every deployment I go on I gain 20 pounds regardless of how much work I put in. My secret to losing steady weight though is to avoid MSG related foods

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thank you and Happy New Year to you also.

I quit smoking one year ago tonight. You can do it too when the time is right for you.

Stay safe.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Due to my very slow connection, I was only able to see 8 seconds of the vid and it stopped but thanks anyway for your contribution.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

$tar for you for giving me motivation to quit smoking. To tell you the truth, I dont really enjoy smoking but for some reason I cant seem to give it up during stressful times and long work hours.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Due to my very slow connection, I was only able to see 8 seconds of the vid and it stopped but thanks anyway for your contribution.

Happy New year,

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Should old members be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should old members be forgot,
And ATS lang syne?

For ATS lang syne, my dear,
For ATS lang syne,
We'll post a clip of UFO's yet,
For ATS lang syne!

And there's a link to YouTube dear,