It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

happy new year for everyone.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Y'stay safe Stop-loss.

My resolution is to be Johnny Gardenseed, and step up our gardening to a small-farm scale. I give away a lot of plants -- kind of doubt that more than 25% survive, but it's a start. I wanna green up our town in a way that "green" used to mean -- not for money's sake but for community and food.

I want to get more efficient at seed preservation, and be more dilligent with my documentation, so I can pass on open-pollinated seed stock that is strong and pre-selected to be happy in our salt environment.

I will grow Monsanto frankenfoods no more, forever. Let it be so written.

hmmmmmmm. That reminds me. I've been wanting to shock my family and friends by actually writing instead of calling. I'm going to spend more time sending stuff to you all over there doing the job, instead of just two holidays. While we're talkin' about it, whadaya need? Seems like the suggestion lists never change, and that's hard to imagine.

Good skill and fortitude with the quitting smoking. I quit just two weeks before a hurricane kicked the absolute crap out of this island last year, and I can absolutely attest to the first two weeks being the tipping point. If you can keep yourself on a short mental leash the first two weeks, then y'got it made.

Don't fall for your own internal bullsquat. You'll be really convincing, as only you can. It's just the addiction struggling for survival. In a moment of vulnerability, it'll even pose as an old friend.......... not wanting to say goodbye yet............. just one more for old time's sake. Sneaky rat bastard that addicitive mind is. It's you. You gotta cut it off, just let it have it's tantrums and know that it'll NEVER be stronger than that exact moment, only weaker. That moment you first deny it when it's really hungry, it'll test you the hardest.

You've been through much worse, no doubt about that. It's okay to take furtive inhallations when people smoke around you. It'll start to smell like crap after a while, and even get irritating to be around. That takes a while sometimes. It took me several months. Now, I'm back to a semi-normal person and I don't care if people smoke around me or not, as long as they pack or strip their butts. hate that -- buncha little white cylinders all over hell.

Happy New Year, mon !

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Happy 2010 East Coasters.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Good luck in your environmental contributions. The sad thing is I first began smoking about 4 months ago. Before then I never smoked at all but I guess when I made my new rank I had more responsibilities and therefore more stress. Thanks for the quitting tips

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Im from the Westside, but now live in the middle east

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
west side, best side!
Happy New Year!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
peace to all.....this last decade has been tough...but we made it.....goodnight.... good dreams.....let us all wake up tomorrow with fresh ideas and fortitude.....leaving the past behind......and fuking forge ahead fearlessly

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by huntergatherer

Agreed. There is nothing holding us back to making changes come true. It may take more effort then usual but it can still be accomplished.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Happy New Year man. Good luck, hope you make it home soon.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

Thanks. Hopefully there will be peace on earth someday and no more
against other people.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Happy New Years,

What part of California are you from?

Come to think of it, I never made a New Years resolution

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Russian soldier

I am around the Los Angeles region, id tell you where exactly but I think I am being monitored but anyways good luck in achieving your goals.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join