It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLICE ARE TERRORISTS!!! Oh boy, Oh boy...Please Enjoy!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
And really you have to question the mentality and sanity of anyone who thinks they should be out policing the rest of the citizenry.

It's like asking to be a moderator here or any other board...when you ask youre usually the first one disqualified.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

but if that family sues me under color of law for NOT protecting her or doing something to interviene, I am screwed in court.

No youre not. It was a situation like that which sent it to the supreme court which ruled that protection is not a police job.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
The whole thread was about police being terrorists and not one answer where I specifically addressed why they are, even from the policeman who started the thread.

Sad really.

What kind of answer do you want? Those of us who responded to you supporting that cops = terrorists, did so in a disagreeing manner. There is nothing to debate when you try and compare cops and terrorists. You may not like LEO's and thats fine, but no one is going to debate that comparison because its not even close.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

The whole thread was about police being terrorists and not one answer where I specifically addressed why they are, even from the policeman who started the thread.

Sad really.

What kind of answer do you want? Those of us who responded to you supporting that cops = terrorists, did so in a disagreeing manner. There is nothing to debate when you try and compare cops and terrorists. You may not like LEO's and thats fine, but no one is going to debate that comparison because its not even close.

A disagreeing manner doesnt mean you used logic or facts. I already know there is nothing to debate. Thats is why you havent and arent.

If the comparison isnt even close you should be able to debate it easily. You skipped over it and called my numbers into question. Which I guess was a smart move on your part since you cant debate the rest of what I said logically.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by watcher73]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A "disagreeing manner" is now considered debate. Thats awesome. So you can just basically say "youre wrong" (which you did) and since its in a disagreeing manner you dont need any type of fact or even to make sense really.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Chances are 1 in a 1000000 that Id ever get an apology from a cop about being wrong about the supreme court and a police officers role in "protection."

Going to call those numbers into question, suck it up and apologize, or pretend like we never even mentioned it?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Debate logically with a guy who states that 1 in 10000 cops would turn on their own family if martial law was started as long as the $$$$ kept coming in? How the hell do you debate such rubbish? Your numbers are personal opinion and SHOULD be questioned. I don't need facts to disprove a made up ration!

As for your comparison...ok I'll bite:

How do Cops = Terrorists:
1. ummmmm got nothin

How come Cops DO NOT = Terrorists:
1. We don't behead
2. We don't blow ourselves up and kill 10's, 100's. or 1000's of innocent people for Allah or any other god
3. We don't hijack stuff and take hostages for $$$$ or exposure
etc....

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

So you are calling it "totalitarian rule" this time and not NWO like your past post.
Your a loon is my point and it stands.

I am not saying there is not totalitarian states in the world but thinking the west is going to become one is off.

Your guy's proof is pretty much a video or a kid calling a cop a pig and getting a # kicking.

I agree some cops have done some brutal uncalled for # but there is still nothing pointing to the west falling as a totalitarian state.

Sorry Dick Jr. , You have not legitimately explained your numbers.

I know 3/3 cops that I know, would not have anything to do with taking away my country's freedoms, so this my math is telling me you're wrong.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I'll be the first one to say I am wrong, but I am researching 2 cases right now were the officer WAS held liable for not doing his duty and lost in a civil lawsuit. I am trying to find the appeals decisions and then I will get back to you.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
O.K i watched the whole thing.

The first incident is really the only one you get both sides of the story.
Im not picking sides here im just commenting on what i saw.

The man clearly states on several occations that he has a gun and that unless he talks to his girl. He's willing to die right there.

He says on several occations that he is going to fire at the police officers if they let the dogs free or they run at him.

The police have no way of knowing whether he has a gun or not. I would imagine that the procedure would be to assume that he has untill its confirmed that he did'nt.

I believe the police could have handled it better. Why would'nt they allow him to talk to someone, even if its just a family member by phone who may have calmed him down. On releasing the dogs they could have used non leathal weapons to try and take him down.

With this said i can understand why the police chose the fire on him. If its a choice between one of them possibly getting shot and him. Then he never had a chance, unless he gave himself up.

There did seem to be a break down in communication between the police officers. Maybe a shoot out was exactly the outcome one or two of them were looking for. Theres no way of proving it however.

So i believe there response was justifyed, but certainly extereme. Some better judgement leading up to it may have prevented it coming to that end.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Debate logically with a guy who states that 1 in 10000 cops would turn on their own family if martial law was started as long as the $$$$ kept coming in? How the hell do you debate such rubbish? Your numbers are personal opinion and SHOULD be questioned. I don't need facts to disprove a made up ration!

So given the choice between your family starving or you quitting youre telling youd quit?

Im pretty sure anyone reading this thread already knows you lack any sort of integrity and your choice will be the cash, just like the 99,999 others who dont walk away.

As for your comparison...ok I'll bite:

How do Cops = Terrorists:
1. ummmmm got nothin

Wrong. You have the reasons I gave. Refiute them.

How come Cops DO NOT = Terrorists:
1. We don't behead
2. We don't blow ourselves up and kill 10's, 100's. or 1000's of innocent people for Allah or any other god
3. We don't hijack stuff and take hostages for $$$$ or exposure
etc....

Cops take more hostages for $$$$$ than any other group in the world. WTF do you think an "arrest" is?

No you might not kill people for god, but you sure do seem to kill lots of people, even with supposed non-lethal weapons.

Now I have never seen a cop behead anyone, but I wouldnt rule it out based just on your testimony. Its not like cops have never been caught lying.

Now see what I did to your reasoning? Go back in the thread, find mine and try to do the same thing. Thats debate. Its not talking back "in a disagreeable manner".

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I think it's important to ask ourselves this question: "When we see a police officer, what do we think?" Do we think "hey theres a good man/woman, willing to protect me and my family! I'm proud to have this force to protect and serve my country!" Or do we think "Dammit, was I speeding?? Is my tail-light out?? Don't look in their direction because they might think you don't like them, plus I got long hair! (me) I don't want them to assume I'm on drugs!!" etc etc...

I think most people these days are just paranoid of cops. They abuse their power often, and sometimes in subtile ways. I've been pulled over for the stupidest things at points in my life, and if a cop ever tells me "there is no quota" all I can do is laugh. Theres a quota mmkay?? Not only that, but you have to walk egg-shells around cops otherwise they might pull something like that incident where they dragged the 21 yr old girl off the bus for flipping em off. Hell, I work retail, and people flip me off and make rude-ass comments and get pissed off and cry when we don't have a WII in stock for them. People do FAR more to provoke the hell out of average people than they do the cops. Im not allowed to pitch a fit and tackle a customer lol, hell I can't even tell them what I REALLY THINK w/o getting fired.

My point?? I could give soooo many personal examples of the true nature of most cops is to simply make you feel as tho you are "inferior" to them, and they LOVE it, and LOTS of cops became cops JUST for that little superior rush alone. THEY have the power, and the fact is VERY MANY cops are like that. I'm glad we have cops, but I'm not glad that we have the cops we have today.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I think it's important to ask ourselves this question: "When we see a police officer, what do we think?" Do we think "hey theres a good man/woman, willing to protect me and my family! I'm proud to have this force to protect and serve my country!" Or do we think "Dammit, was I speeding?? Is my tail-light out?? Don't look in their direction because they might think you don't like them, plus I got long hair! (me) I don't want them to assume I'm on drugs!!" etc etc...

I think most people these days are just paranoid of cops. They abuse their power often, and sometimes in subtile ways. I've been pulled over for the stupidest things at points in my life, and if a cop ever tells me "there is no quota" all I can do is laugh. Theres a quota mmkay?? Not only that, but you have to walk egg-shells around cops otherwise they might pull something like that incident where they dragged the 21 yr old girl off the bus for flipping em off. Hell, I work retail, and people flip me off and make rude-ass comments and get pissed off and cry when we don't have a WII in stock for them. People do FAR more to provoke the hell out of average people just the same as cops, if not more. Im not allowed to pitch a fit and tackle a customer lol, hell I can't even tell them what I REALLY THINK w/o getting fired.

My point?? I could give soooo many personal examples of the true nature of most cops is to simply make you feel as tho you are "inferior" to them, and they LOVE it, and LOTS of cops became cops JUST for that little superior rush alone. THEY have the power, and the fact is VERY MANY cops are like that. I'm glad we have cops, but I'm not glad that we have the cops we have today.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Wookiep]

I stated something similar way back on page one I think when I said "cops are terrorists for the simple fact that they instill fear in most of the populace and fear is just a synonym for terror"

I also gave a few other reasons in that post and in other posts. No one has refuted any of them. Theyd rather focus on me saying "1 in 10000 wont leave because of the money"

Never even debating the money issue either, just the numbers.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

This is exactly why they are terrorists. You are very correct! When your average person sees a cop, they aren't relieved, they get nervous, anxious, or scared. This is by definition a terror attack! Now being a former cop myself I believe that most cops are aware of this, or at least enjoy the reaction. That's why they are cops! It's not about serving the good of the public anymore, it's a chance to take money from people, enforce statutory laws of no purpose other than tax collection and intimidation and they enjoy it!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

So given the choice between your family starving or you quitting youre telling youd quit?

Umm considering my family wouldn't be starving yes I would. Ever hear of a thing called survival, aka hunting, aka fishing, etc...I mean if it got to that point, what good would money do anyone? Sorry you can't think outside the box.

Im pretty sure anyone reading this thread already knows you lack any sort of integrity and your choice will be the cash, just like the 99,999 others who dont walk away.

So you call me a liar and STILL know in your vast knowledge that I and 99,999 others would opt for the cash. You are amazing...lol

Cops take more hostages for $$$$$ than any other group in the world. WTF do you think an "arrest" is?

So breaking a known law is a comparison to terrorism in your eyes...holy lord help guy/gal please!

No you might not kill people for god, but you sure do seem to kill lots of people, even with supposed non-lethal weapons.

For someone so hell bent on being Mr IQ, Mr Know It All, and demands debate on facts...you need to learn your weaponry. there is no such thing as non-lethal weapons. They are LESS-LETHAL weapons which means they CAN kill.

Now I have never seen a cop behead anyone, but I wouldnt rule it out based just on your testimony. Its not like cops have never been caught lying.

Again what did I lie about? What because I MAY be wrong about civil liability law I am now a lying? Like I said your pretty amazing..lol

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Regarding the Use of Force Continuum, I have worked for a few departments and the policies vary, a little. When I began my career, OC and tasers were not an issue. Our Continuum was:
1) Command Presence (simply meaning the Officers' presence as a person of authority. In the vast majority of circumstances, this is sufficient)
2)Verbal Commands
3)Pain Compliance - Passive (meaning the use of hands-on techniques for passive resisters. Those who are non-violently resisting)
4)Hands-on Aggressive (For those who are violently resisiting)
5)Baton
6)Lethal Force

When OC became common place, some departments added it between 3 and 4, while some added it between 4 and 5. I never worked for a department with tasers, but my understanding is they are viewed as similar to OC. The reason OC and tasers are not on the same level as batons, is due to the potential for serious bodily injury from the baton.

The thing to realize is that a Police Officer must meet the level of force, with a one step higher level of force. It is never a contest of who is the stronger resister or the better fighter. In other words, if a person resists by pulling away, the Officer must move up a step on the continuum, to say OC. This lessens the likelihood of either being injured.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

reply to post by Wookiep

I agree with you both to a point. I don't think the majority feel this way. That nervous OH NO feeling comes when your doing something wrong or violating the law..i.e. speeding. You know you shouldn't be doing it, but you do it anyway, and hope that when you see us we didn't see you breaking the law.

Bottom line is I and many of my fellow officers always tell people...if you hate cops and the idea of law enforcement or fear us that much, write your local congressman and tell him you want to rid your city, town, county, or state of all LEO's. Let them know you and the other people will take care of everything and respond to all the 911 calls. I am 100% serious here...write them and ask to disband all your county public service LEO's and fend for yourselves. Try it for awhile and lets see what happens.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
reply to post by Wookiep

This is exactly why they are terrorists. You are very correct! When your average person sees a cop, they aren't relieved, they get nervous, anxious, or scared. This is by definition a terror attack! Now being a former cop myself I believe that most cops are aware of this, or at least enjoy the reaction. That's why they are cops! It's not about serving the good of the public anymore, it's a chance to take money from people, enforce statutory laws of no purpose other than tax collection and intimidation and they enjoy it!

They do instill quite a bit of fear as a whole. It wouldn't be right to say that all cops do this, but I can't sit here and say the majority doesn't. The reason I say "majority" is quite obvious because seriously? Even IF there are cops out there that don't try to make a stop on every corner (again there IS a quota) then the bad ones have already overwhelemed the good ones. EVERY person I know, does not think of police officers in the light of anything other than "damn I hope they didn't just catch me speeding". Good people AND bad alike think this way about the police. Something needs to be addressed for sure.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I'm not saying I don't think there are good well-intentioned cops out there. Seriously tho man, I don't see it very often. I have no numbers/graphs, but I'm willing to bet most people are "paranoid" of cops because of my above reasons. It's too bad, but that doesn't mean it isn't a reality.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

As I said I would I am getting back to you about civil liability. Both cases where the officer lost in civil court were appealed and overturned because of (Bowers vs DeVito) and it WAS held that there was NO constitutional right for the officers to act. So I do apologize on that and wasn't clear on the appeals prior to this..so thanks to you pissing me off with all your other crap, I learned something tonight..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join