It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Iran - CNN and Al Jazeera (english) Breaking News

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
reply to post by order in chaos

Yea I agree with you, but doing a Tienanmen can be difficult, because i heard reports on twitter the army may side with the protesters. In fact one tweet said the army was preparing and was on the protesters side.

Yes, The army is the game changer in this situation. There were some reports on the CNN which said that Ahmedinejad might deploy the Army in the coming days. One cannot speculate about the loyalty that Ahmedinejad commands in the regular Army.So far, the traditional support base of Ahmedinejad has been the Baseej, the IRGC and the rural population. The protesters might get a huge boost if the army supports them. There is also a rumor circulating in the web that Khamenei might escape to Russia.In such volatile situations,even the most absurd rumors,as a part of disinformation campaign, could wreak havoc on the regime.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Confesssion from a Basij member who describes election fraud, abuse, rape, and the brutal dictatorship!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Iranian protesters cut down 2 dissidents that are being LYNCHED in the street!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Iran issues 'punch' warning to UK

Mr Mottaki said the protesters "should not be encouraged by a few... statements by certain countries".

He added: "They should not pin their hopes on them. Britain will receive a punch on the mouth if it does not stop its nonsense.

Mr Mottaki's speech was broadcast on Iranian television with an English translation on screen.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemicalSubstance

I don't understand it, who is lynching who?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is looking more and more like a coup d'etat.

The "demonstrations" seem headed in that direction, or at least attempting such. The gunfire in the background is really unnerving. I hate that sound.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Man! my Portuguese friend?

What is soo damn difficult to understand?

For me! it's quite easy! The Children of the Revolution is doing a Revolution! - and more & more people from all over the Iran society in whole of the country are joining them!

And I know about portugal. because I lived in Spain when I was a child - and we were thankfully enough to have "some kind" of easy transgression from the Dictatorship in 1975 - but I remember portugal as it was yesterday when we were following the struggle there with great interest at the time.

This is nothing that is happening over night, but the process is on!

Peço desculpa -can't you feel the great smell of Revolution in the air?

Best regards!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I asked because it didn't look like those men were being hanged by the police but by civilians, and the rest of the images made me think more of revenge than of a revolution.

To me it looks more and more like a civil war, and that would be the worst thing that could happen.

If both sides can not get a clear majority of people behind them then I don't see it happening or at least being successful.

PS: although we were ourselves a little busy at the time here in Portugal, I also remember the transformation that happened in Spain.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Chevalerous

I asked because it didn't look like those men were being hanged by the police but by civilians, and the rest of the images made me think more of revenge than of a revolution.

To me it looks more and more like a civil war, and that would be the worst thing that could happen.

If both sides can not get a clear majority of people behind them then I don't see it happening or at least being successful.

PS: although we were ourselves a little busy at the time here in Portugal, I also remember the transformation that happened in Spain.

Yeah! I wish I could tell you more for the moment!

Talk to you later!

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Apparently they where convicted bank robbers sentenced to death by hanging by the Regime, they were cut loose by protesters from Sirjan.

The two have since been recaptured and executed.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by ChemicalSubstance]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

OK, thanks for the information.

That's the problem of a revolution without organisation behind it, it's too easy to turn into chaos.

I hope everything turns out right.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join