It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Iran - CNN and Al Jazeera (english) Breaking News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a country does not pay people, at least not every person, to protest and die in the streets... what they do is encourage them. give them weapons, supplies, etc... the 1979 islamic revolution was a popular revolution, the only people who are protesting as far as i can tell r the high class, western backed, well off, college educated iranians... obviously they dont represent the majority of iran... i believe this to be a minority uprising of sorts... to say the brits and americans arent encouraging this "uprising" is silly... governments do it all the time. and yes, now would be a perfect time for israel to strike... then again, it could also backfire on them and unite all the dissident factions of iran to focus on the jew... time will tell right.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Several people were killed and more than 300 were arrested in anti-government protests in Tehran, Iran, on Sunday, Iran's Deputy Police Chief Ahmad Reza Radan said on state television station IRINN.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier
reply to post by AphexTwins

As they should be. Anybody that protests with violence should be stopped.

...with greater violence...

Lets see it the other way around: the government protests because you don't pay tax, and attacks you with violence. You crush them with even greater merciless violence...

[edit on 27-12-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Tweets talk about protesters storming the IRIB. If that happens I think there will be tanks on the street. It will be Iran's Tienanmen.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

i wonder, did the first flare up violence that was summed up by the death of that iranian woman, did that occur aruond any sort of pivotol time in the whole iran nuclear thing or any other important event? i dont know, just seems odd to me that this is occuring now... very intresting none the less, even if its all very simple and mundane answers to it all.. at the very least, iran could fall into civil war...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Honestly, as stated before, this is a good thing for Iran. I say its a good thing because if they can't do something about their current leadership RIGHT now, then when it falls into our hands and Isreal's hands there won't be much left in Iran for them. Tragic yes, but unfortunately its reality. If you want to live in a candy coated world and pretend it might not happen, I'm sorry, it is inevitable, we just cannot let them have nuclear warhead tipped ICBM's. Now, they successfully tested a solid fuel 2 stage missle, which means a third stage is right around the corner. When North Korea successfully tested their Taepodong-2, (wayyyy earlier then July of 2006 by the way) the third stage was only about a year later. As soon as they have theirs, I'm pretty sure we won't be able to stop Isreal and they will rip off the leash we have put on them. But they won't go in alone, there will be plenty of money to be made by the DoD contract giants who will make billions more from another major campaign. So, again, I really hope the Iranians do it themselves, for their sake. Honestly, the generation x and younger Iranians are fed up with the bull#, and they don't deserve to take the fall with their fanatic leaders who are stuck in barbaric times.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
a country does not pay people, at least not every person, to protest and die in the streets... what they do is encourage them. give them weapons, supplies, etc... the 1979 islamic revolution was a popular revolution, the only people who are protesting as far as i can tell r the high class, western backed, well off, college educated iranians... obviously they dont represent the majority of iran... i believe this to be a minority uprising of sorts... to say the brits and americans arent encouraging this "uprising" is silly... governments do it all the time. and yes, now would be a perfect time for israel to strike... then again, it could also backfire on them and unite all the dissident factions of iran to focus on the jew... time will tell right.

a country does not pay people, at least not every person, to protest and die in the streets...

Yes, we do supply people/nations with weapons,

However, it looks like all they have are,

stones.

How sad.

But there was,

David and Goliath.

[edit on 063131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

lol, yes indeed...

do not forget Jundallah and MKO tho...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

reply to post by asen_y2k

i wonder, did the first flare up violence that was summed up by the death of that iranian woman, did that occur aruond any sort of pivotol time in the whole iran nuclear thing or any other important event? i dont know, just seems odd to me that this is occuring now... very intresting none the less, even if its all very simple and mundane answers to it all.. at the very least, iran could fall into civil war...

You are absolutely correct - however as usual know one around here wants to know what the actual truth is and would much rather flag wave for the American Military Corporate agenda - for a site dedicated to unearthing conspiracies there sure are a lot of people willing to swallow the lies.

Here are the FACTS:

Seymour Hersch one of THE MOST respected journalists in the US from the New Yorker broke two stories on the CIA backed Iranian covert operations designed to destabilize the government - the first was in regard to the half billion in congressionally approved funds for covert CIA operations - these are the same type of operations which were used in the orange revolutions in the Baltic nations aimed at destabilize Russia - know common knowledge and part of public domain.

Seymour Hersch then went on to categories the 12 billion in missing US currency from the Iraq invasion which wen missing - straight into CIA hands and has also been used for the same purposes.

It is well documented that the Twitter Feeds comming from the first uprising after the elections were from Mossad working from Israel and not even from Iran.

All polls prior to the election showed a landslide victory to Mahamoud - including all western polls.

The opposition declared vicotry within three hours of the polls opening - when all indications showed that the originals polls were going to stand as true.

When the results were in and the election went to Mahamoud the opposition leader declared fraud.

A recount was done across many areas and confirmed the victory Mahamoud Ahmedinijad.

The main supporter of the opposition leader is a western backed businessman who owns and operates Irans universities - he has access to all of the students email, twitter, internet, mobile phone accounts - no one else has that much info - he has been directly linked to the CIA.

The vast majority - by miles and miles - of Iranians are rural people living outside of Tehran - there have only ever been protest in Iran by wealthy students, with very, very, small protest out side the capital on two occasions.

There have been massive - ten times larger gatherings in favor of Mahamoud Ahmedinijad which have not been reported at all by western media.

You have every right in the world to believe the lies and propaganda which is fed to you by the western media outlets in conjunction with western Anglo Saxon governments trumpeting the corporate agenda - very right - but try to remember you are simply a grunt in the propaganda machine who will believe anything and has no idea what is really going on.

If you fell for the Iraq war lies - then no doubt you are falling for the Iran lies - but if you finally woke up to the Iraq lies then perhaps it would be good consider you are being fed the same absolute bull crap again.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

lol, yes indeed...

do not forget Jundallah and MKO tho...

I had to look that up,

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

OH NO, not Seymour.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Iran is in drastic need for revolution. It's time for the people of the country to riot and revolt against their dictating and horrific government.

Bring on the riots.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Were those real riots or staged riots? I know people who witnessed staged riots 1st hand in South Africa, so you never know.

All those Ahmedinejad-haters: haven't you considered that maybe the Western Illuminati puppet leaders hate him so much b/c he's not on board w/ NWO?

[edit on 27-12-2009 by someotherguy]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by someotherguy

Or maybe he's an uncivilized monster who has individuals executed for being gay?

Could be one reason why a lot of folks dislike the guy. I don't know about you, but I'm on the same train heading to overthrowing the madman.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Or maybe he's an uncivilized monster who has individuals executed for being gay?

Could be one reason why a lot of folks dislike the guy. I don't know about you, but I'm on the same train heading to overthrowing the madman.

IMO, the real enemy is the Illuminati. Of course, they are going to make anyone a monster is it suits their purposes. Don't jump on that train too fast. You might not like it when the whole world is under Illuminati one world govt control.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by someotherguy
Were those real riots or staged riots? I know people who witnessed staged riots 1st hand in South Africa, so you never know.

All those Ahmedinejad-haters: haven't you considered that maybe the Western Illuminati puppet leaders hates him so much b/c he's not on board w/ NWO?

Yeah here's an obviously staged for TV moment. We know who really has the power in Iran

BAD Ahmadinejad!
Thats a very bad Ahmadinejad.
Sit there and think about what you did wrong...
THINK!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c48208808e6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I agree with you on who the real enemy is, 100%.

However, the people of Iran need to stand up and fight. I don't think you'd appreciate your president sending you to the gallows for your sexual orientation or being sent to death for political differences.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think western counterintelligence has inserted a few groups to disturb the peace, to get Iran a bad name.

Western Oil companies could be plotting on destroying Iran from the inside out because if America invaded Iran there would be World War III. China and Russia get their oil from Iran.

The best way for America to take the oil in Iran, is to get Iran to destroy its international credibility and for anarchy to run a mock. Then World War III will break out as America, China and Russia fight over the ownership of the oil in Iran.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Something is up.

Ambassadors recalled for meeting

If the clerics had allowed the protestor's candidate to win, they would then depose him for some cause sooner or later. The clerics had an election and whose to say the votes went the protestors way? The clerics seem to be fanatical dogmatic types with a thing for armageddon.The protestors, students among them, may have more of an issue with the dismal economy than anything else. I don't doubt the west wants the change in regime via the protestors.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by A52FWY]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier
reply to post by AphexTwins

As they should be. Anybody that protests with violence should be stopped.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at this.

What do you do when your own government turns against its people? Sit back and wish for the best? Ask them nicely to please not murder you and your family? Just hope that the death squads don't walk down your street?

This is possible in ANY country under the right circumstances, and to suggest that ALL violent dissent is wrong is a moronic attitude to have.

Would you have also suggested that the French Resistance in WW2 should have limited their actions to peaceful protest?
Yeah, I'm sure if they had the Nazi's would have seen sense and given up in the face of such verbal opposition

There is a time and a place for violence. And that is in self-defence, both of person and of nation.
To suggest that there is never a good excuse for violence is to ignore fact, history, and common sense.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join