It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU/IMF Revolt: Greece, Iceland, Latvia May Lead the Way

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

www.blacklistednews.com

“The European Union and International Monetary Fund have told them to replace private debts with public obligations, and to pay by raising taxes, slashing public spending and obliging citizens to deplete their savings. Resentment is growing not only toward those who ran up these debts . . . but also toward the neoliberal foreign advisors and creditors who pressured these governments to sell off the banks and public infrastructure to insiders.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.opednews.com

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The devolping countries have been robbed by the IMF for some time. Now it seems they have been going after the more devolped countries also. I think it is long over do for some one to tell the bankers who are peddling there services like the street corner drug dealer to take a hike. What the IMF will end up doing about this right now I think is any ones guess.

www.blacklistednews.com

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
YESS Score one for Iceland! And Latvia is pretty cool too.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

good article s+f, the imf is the reason people in a lot of countries in africa are starving, they dont want their debt payed back they just want to use that debt to screw the country out of its resources and use the countries people as slaves, the imf is despicable and needs to go, but i dont think that's gonna happen soon they are just too powerful, they will probably be part of the NWO
in some form or another.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by I am i

Are we playing charades? Ok I go first...

new age jesus???

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This is only the first stage of the revolt. First it will be countries revolting against the world order - which is what this is. Then it will be states revolting against national government - think about NH and Montana and Texas. Then it will be local governments revolting against the state. Next will be the people revolting against the banks and the individuals resposnible for this house of cards!

The rich elite should be crapping themselves. Soon the peasants will storm the castle with torches ablaze and pitchforks in hand. The lynchings will not be pretty at all!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm not sure why this is a surprise. Iceland was seriously irresponsible and has been for quite a long time.

Bankrupt countries do still have the productivity of their people to bank on, so it makes sense that they would focus on that as a potential source of repayment.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Why would the IMF want to loan money to 3rd world countries in which the governments are corrupted?

The real reason for doing such is for hard assets. Money to the IMF and bankers in general is just a tool. It's something they can create out of thin air that's either in paper form, metal form, or in digital form.

If you just stop for one moment and look around you then something becomes clear and apparent. Everything around you is considered a hard asset. From the walls of your home to the computer your looking at. These hard assets not only come from the Earth as raw materials but have been created by the work of others.

What the bankers and those who deal in money want are the hard assets in exchange for their fake capital. The stuff they just make up and say it has value.

By taking the hard assets and the hard labor of others they can create unlimited worlds for themselves from the mansions in which they reside to the luxury yachts in which they have parties. They want the land and mineral rights of the entire planet. One piece at a time.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I don't mean to be rude to those saying that this is the poor finally rallying against the rich and the NWO will be defeated blah blah but don't you think they have planned this out? I mean look if we believe in a NWO then it stands to reason that they have planned this collapse to further consolidate wealth.

When/if people riot then the governments will have a good excuse to implement harsh laws and bring in the army to control the populous. The rich who survive the troubles will have mor power than ever, in fewer hands which means they can more easily force their goals on others.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The IMF are basically just glorified and very powerful loan sharks and mobsters yet controlled by the big powers of the world to carry out all their malicious deeds. Many African countries would be completely different if the IMF was abolished and the backing of barbaric militia groups and tin pot dictators was stopped. Like someone else mentioned though, they are very rich in minerals etc. And given this new technological age especially they are needed for all our gadgets and gizmos.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I don't mean to be rude to those saying that this is the poor finally rallying against the rich and the NWO will be defeated blah blah but don't you think they have planned this out? I mean look if we believe in a NWO then it stands to reason that they have planned this collapse to further consolidate wealth.

Imaginary
What you are saying hear is basically true, but I also think you are giving to much credit to the control of the people, or the sheeple, as it is often called here. To put it metaphorically, if ten thousands rats all decided to storm your house at the same time, and you and ten of our friends all have guns and traps, ect. You would still be over run. So if a few hundred thousand people all storm military headquarters, or government buildings, they can still throw those in power out. Its not a nice thing to think about, but I do think the power that be do relise that they need to keep the people happy to a point so the lynch mob wont come looking for them.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

bah, most of nwo is spread across the world, if one part is destroyed self aware masses , the other parts of NWO will anhilate the self aware with no mercy .

secondly , these guys would have escape plans before hand, by i.e aircrft,helis to escape the mobs , and mercenaries to protect them

so you overestimate power of sheeple

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Imaginary
What you are saying hear is basically true, but I also think you are giving to much credit to the control of the people, or the sheeple, as it is often called here. To put it metaphorically, if ten thousands rats all decided to storm your house at the same time, and you and ten of our friends all have guns and traps, ect. You would still be over run. So if a few hundred thousand people all storm military headquarters, or government buildings, they can still throw those in power out. Its not a nice thing to think about, but I do think the power that be do relise that they need to keep the people happy to a point so the lynch mob wont come looking for them.

Unless they are counting on thousands of sheeple to revolt. Out of every revolution or mass riot there always rises a leader who is corrupt as hell. In modern times the leader tends to be the most violent, most manipulative and /or the most rich person that existed before the riots began. They make grand promises to sway the people into supporting them and because of all the previous unheavel of the riots the people tend to go along with whatever that leader says.

I can imagine a world government being brought in if mass rioting occurred. It would be presented to the people as a panacea to all of the problems. They will say that without the borders of countries then all of the financial problems would not happen, greater opportunity would be available, trade would be easier and many other great sounding but empty reasons they will find.

I honestly believe this is planned, remember the old phrase "order out of chaos".

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bananarama

My grandmother was from Lativa, Riga specifically. I wish she was still around to see this. She fled across Europe at the age of 15 after witnessing her whole family murdered at the hands of the nazi's. She made it to the US as a stowaway on the Queen Mary, which hit a land mine and sunk halfway across the Atlantic. She was a strong woman and always said that the place where she came from has been held back by the European Elite for centuries. Everyone who comes from a place like Latvia, resents groups like the IMF. She always swore that one day they would rise up against the corrupted tyrants and officials, and finally be a great place...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I honestly believe this is planned, remember the old phrase "order out of chaos".

Imaginary
I have to agree that the world government is planned, by some. The globalist is the term for them around here. As to the mass riots I can't say that would be in a globalist plan. Mass riots mean the PTB are loosing control. I do think that when the mass riots happen, the PTB and any up and coming globalist will use the riots to there own best agenda.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
From the source posted by the OP

Dozens of countries have defaulted on their debts in recent decades, the most recent being Dubai, which declared a debt moratorium on November 26, 2009. If the once lavishly-rich Arab emirate can default, more desperate countries can; and when the alternative is to destroy the local economy, it is hard to argue that they shouldn’t. That is particularly true when the creditors are largely responsible for the debtor’s troubles, and there are good grounds for arguing the debts are not owed.

This reminds me of something that the comedian Gallagher said in one of his comedy routines...We can save a lot of money on the federal debt by simply not paying it.

In truth, the measures Ron Paul have in congress to audit the Fed Res are doing exactly the same thing...First establish how illegal that debt really is through the audit, then simply invalidating the debt by the Due Process of Law. I've no doubt that's what Ron Paul & his supporters are actually doing. But the first step is to prove the illegality of the debt.

Originally posted by IFA420
the imf is the reason people in a lot of countries in africa are starving, they dont want their debt payed back they just want to use that debt to screw the country out of its resources and use the countries people as slaves

That's exactly the whole point...They want the whole world to be debt-slaves, accomplished through the multitude of "national banks" set up everywhere. The Fed Res in America is not even a legally established & operating bank in the first place...That's where America is different from other countries in that our own Laws are dead-set against such a bank in the first place.

When the servant government fails in its contractual obligations to perform certain duties & remain within lawfully-established limits, it's up to We the People to set things right again. Our Laws sets the government firmly under the People & it's past time that we remind them of that fact.

I mean look if we believe in a NWO then it stands to reason that they have planned this collapse to further consolidate wealth.

When/if people riot then the governments will have a good excuse to implement harsh laws and bring in the army to control the populous.

Yes, I fully believe they have it planned. But there's some new factors running against their plans this time around that weren't considered in their plans.

America is different than all other nations in history:
1) Established Law that set government under the People with the spirit of independence & liberty. No other nation in history was established under this concept.

2) Individual Rights. The entire Bill of Rights was set to place lawful limitations on governments. Such as the Right to Own & Bear Arms (2nd Amendment) so we can have a final defense for all of our other Rights. Throughout all of history, the governments that can successfully disarm the population will win, but even with all of the "infringements" applied by the government, US Citizens are still the best-armed population in the world. And We the People still vastly outnumber any military invasion forces. During WW2, a Japanese General was asked about an invasion of America, but he rejected the idea, as "there would be a gun hiding behind every blade of grass."

3) Yes, it's true that every government heading for domination of its People will try to control information & who has access to it. I stated as much way back when in this thread which was a (brief) recounting of human history. But technological innovation brought the internet to the general public & information got out! Even though most people still don't use internet, that information is still spreading & by now, too many people understand the truth behind their lies...They can't hide from us anymore!

4) Yes, they've used fake money to leverage ownership on tangible goods...But since People know that it was a lie to begin with, more & more people each day are learning how to prove their "false debts" as being false & taking back our own property. We're also beginning to shove that lie back at them on the national scale, with the legislation necessary to audit the Fed Res & expose the scam for what it is & for everyone to see, regardless of whether or not they realized it in the first place.

5) The States are starting to reject the Feds & their unlawful pronouncements. America was established on the concept of the Union between States, with the States retaining most political Powers over the national government. In essence, the States themselves are taking back the Powers that were stolen by the Feds.

6) America still has peaceful, legal means available to stop them...Like simply arresting them, before a violent revolt breaks out. That's the one advantage that we have over other nations, is the basic core of our Laws. Using still-peaceful means, we rob them of their "justification" for suppressing a violent revolt!

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
My grandmother was from Lativa, Riga specifically. I wish she was still around to see this. She fled across Europe at the age of 15 after witnessing her whole family murdered at the hands of the nazi's. She made it to the US as a stowaway on the Queen Mary, which hit a land mine and sunk halfway across the Atlantic.

My grandfather was from Germany. He recognized how Hitler was gaining in power & left before he became "elected" as Dictator. In a similar circumstance as your grandmother, he was originally booked with passage on the Titanic...But that ship was overbooked & he came on a different ship. He still would have come on another ship anyway, because the Titanic sank before it reached Europe anyway.

In short, America is going to be the toughest nut to crack, now that we know that government is not the answer to problems, but the cause of them...

Good find, RedGolem...S + F for the thread!

[edit on 23-12-2009 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread528793/
My grandmother was from Lativa, Riga specifically. I wish she was still around to see this. She fled across Europe at the age of 15 after witnessing her whole family murdered at the hands of the nazi's. She made it to the US as a stowaway on the Queen Mary, which hit a land mine and sunk halfway across the Atlantic.

WhiteDevil,
That was a very good post, thank you, stared.

Thanks a lot for sharing also. If it is ok with you I may repeat it some time. By any chance do you know how your grand mother survived after the queen Mary sank, and how she survived when she made it the rest of the way across the pond?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I live in Latvia and though people are getting more and more upset about government we haven't recently done anything serious to stop it. Government is taking new loans from IMF and to decrease budget deficit they have raised taxes, closed down some hospitals, minimally decreased bureaucratic apparatus and decreased salaries for those who work for the state - teachers, doctors, nurses, police. They still almost haven't decreased their salaries - because they are greedy government mobsters.
We have a tent town in front of parliament building - with several tents and residents. They started a hunger-strike and some of them were transported to hospital but still government haven't done anything. Well okay they went to talk with tent residents but all that they did was just plain talking no actions that backed up their words. Medicine minister said: "Oh that is horrible." and left.
People are ready for riots but we lack people who would lead the war against fascist pigs.
In my opinion first to lead the way for war against fascist government is Greece - they are already fighting in the streets and they have anarcho-syndicalist organizations.
I hope Latvia will follow. We need a spark and that might be Greece.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

www.blacklistednews.com

“The European Union and International Monetary Fund have told them to replace private debts with public obligations, and to pay by raising taxes, slashing public spending and obliging citizens to deplete their savings. Resentment is growing not only toward those who ran up these debts . . . but also toward the neoliberal foreign advisors and creditors who pressured these governments to sell off the banks and public infrastructure to insiders.”

Related News Links:
www.opednews.com

This is amazing news. It's really nice to know that people are finally standing up!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join