It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Our Universe Be Fake?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

That is unfair - why should a baby be murdered because someone needed a lesson?

OK - we all need lessons. Why do they have to be so difficult?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

Dear TaraLou

According to the excepted theory the earth has been going for 4.5 billion years but this particular boffin stated that this could all just be part of the program. Lateral thinking is required on this one.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Have you been tallking to Cleverbot??

In that case, he won and convinced you that you are the computer and he is real. See the turing test....

Anyway, it doesn't matter how you see reality, the fact remains that we are here to learn...

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

Difficult if you try and comprehend it all in one "lifetime" but then again what is time?

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

When I read your OP Title I thought this was a thread on Philosophy!

Oh well...

But, although we may not be able to trust NASA there are many ways to trust there is a universe out there. Mathematics is probably the best way. The route of a star, or even our planet, is affected by other bodies around it.

Mathematicians can say, "Hey this orbit is supposed to be prefectly eliptical but it's not" - then they can find out why, maybe another planet they didn't know existed, a binary star instead of just a single.

Sure NASA lies to us a lot but some of it is true due to multiple sources, agencies, countries, and means of data collection.

link   

Dear operation mindcrime

No sorry I have not heard of them until now. I got it from a documentary about time travel. The boffin on there speculated that it would be the easiest way to travel back in time for a person from the future. This being because of the rate that computers are expanding in power. A bit like the startrek holosuite.

link   

I Agree. Didn’t Humans invent the concept of Time keeping? Did it exist before that? I mean if no one is here to measure it and record it and keep it. Then it doesn’t exist. Time is very different from different points of view, isn’t it? Indeed, what is time for?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cybercrash

Time is necessary to this 4D plane as much as a classroom is important to a school. It is a construct in which we can learn. It is not an illussion but there are more things outside the classroom.

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Very well said.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You know what I find very interesting about NASA photos and the new discovery of new stars, planets, ect. They are just bigger and bigger the more far away they find them? It seems too that they never take into account the universe is also growing. Not just expanding but everything in it is getting bigger. If I were able to travel back in time on earth a mere 3000 years. I would be huge compared to other humans. It does seem at times the more they look out to see, the farer they go and the more they see. Maybe they create more in doing so!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hey great thread. I like it.

Okay here is what I think the universe is. To me saying the universe is not saying everything. Everything is based on infinity. Fractal by nature. Nature is another word for everything. Have you noticed how atoms are very similar to solar systems and galaxies? There is a reason for it. Have you noticed how everything gives off a frequency? There is a reason for that also. Its all bubbles. Events trapped inside bubbles of existence on every level. When the bubble pops the events unfold inside of the bigger bubble, and so on and so forth. Call them dimensions if you like, or other realms of existence. Its all the same really. Also when the bubble pops we will gain the senses we need to experience that realm of events.

S&F.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I didn't read through this thread...but at first I thought you were implying the universe could be nothing but a dream or virtual reality or something like that...which is entirely possible...but if I understood your post correctly your implying NASA and possibly other space agencies are giving us false info and pictures of our universe...are you saying they're trying to create some sort of false universe which isn't actually like the real one? If so...I just don't think it's possible...to many people from different groups, agencies and countries study the stars...and I can't really think of any reason as to why they would even attempt such a tedious and extremely risky task...I'm sure when I look at nebula pictures they're most certiantly real...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Thanks for your response. I don't see why this thread can't be approached from a philosophical point of view as well, especially since it's so closely related.
I think part of what's nagging me about NASA and the new revelations is the hundreds (thousands?) of photos of the moon and Mars that are allegedly being kept from the public. If NASA is willing to keep older photos hidden from the public, what keeps them from withholding newer information and photos that might be equally or even more damaging or 'upsetting' to the status quo? Somebody has to approve what the public gets to see. This is what bothers me. That this may be the same old game. Every time I see a new NASA photo, I always wonder what they didn't show.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu
You shouldn't trust Newton's or Einstein's theories of gravity either. They are just trying to keep you down. It is therefore quite safe to climb atop your house and dive off head first. Go ahead. Gravity is just a lie.

scientists do not know what gravity is and how it is created... they are just observing its' consequences and making suppositions based on faulty superficial 5 sense materialistic observation...

Newton just observed how the apple fell on his head, but in the same time he didn't ask himself how did the apple (or the tree) come to existence in the first place...

new observations in quantum physics show that universe/gravity could also be a result of a focused thought...

but I am not surprised that many people get offended with those new discoveries, remember the Flat Earth?

so, yes, I do not believe these outdated Newtonian/Einstens THEORIES, hence having an open mind to new ideas...

[edit on 21-12-2009 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybercrash
You know what I find very interesting about NASA photos and the new discovery of new stars, planets, ect. They are just bigger and bigger the more far away they find them? It seems too that they never take into account the universe is also growing. Not just expanding but everything in it is getting bigger. If I were able to travel back in time on earth a mere 3000 years. I would be huge compared to other humans. It does seem at times the more they look out to see, the farer they go and the more they see. Maybe they create more in doing so!

You brought up an excellent point. I've noticed that about the reported size of the extra solar planets too. Take the increasing size of those planets, coupled with the decrease in size of humans and animals on our planet compared to ancient fossilized remains, along with the theory that Mercury may be shrinking, and that introduces a whole new concept about what might really be going on in our solar system. Was Earth ever larger than it is now?

[edit on 21-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

The truman show on a larger scale?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by enca78

That's the second reference made to The Truman Show. I've never seen it and didn't know anything about it until I looked it up just now. From the description, I guess that scenario is similar on a smaller scale. Now, I need to watch that movie.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Hmm very interesting story, I just read the link you posted.
science.nasa.gov...
I never heard about Mercury shrinking before, but I don’t think is getting smaller because the known universe is expanding and growing and so to must Mercury. I think maybe its evaporating or being slowly blown away by the solar wind from the sun, so hence it is shrinking because of that. I think Earth was much smaller in the past, I do think everything is just getting bigger as the universe expands. Then again these are just my thoughts, I could be right, I could be wrong. Fact is we are all still learning. What’s interesting is what if another planet that’s a billion light years away is looking at us, would they see us as a big planet or a small one? Moving toward them or away? So many questions!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I don't have a problem believing the drip feed of information that NASA, JPL decides to release for public consumption. I think they need to provide this to justify their existence.

I find it a bit of an insult though, that pictures coming from spirit and opportunity which quite obviously contains anomalies are completely ignored by NASA.

I swear a little Martian guy with eyes on poles could stand in front of one of the cameras waving the martian flag and NASA would drone on about mars having water a billion years ago.

They should have put microphones and live audio feeds on the rovers. Then they could have heard them planning which one of them was going to wipe the dust of the solar cells.

question: Where does all the methane in the martian atmosphere come from.

answer: From blueberry eating Martians

It's perfectly obvious

Joking aside, I think our view of the universe is being distorted through half truths and omissions, so we only get to see a small percentage of what they discover.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Good topic, really gets you thinking about those things which we take for granted as common knowledge. On the other side though, it's probably not a good idea to spend too much time thinking about these things because it might drive you insane. Pursue truth, but don't sacrifice the present in order to do so!

Maybe we live in a Matrix inside a Matrix inside a Matrix inside another Matrix. Do any of us know about the The Source? No, but we are trying to figure it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join