It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Our Universe Be Fake?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The Universe is a giant singularity or in layman's terms a Universal Grand Theft Auto. Don't play the game be the game!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The universe could very well be fake. Maybe the word universe was created to appease our natural sense of being a part something bigger. Maybe the universe is just the term we use for different dimensions. It's fun to think about what could be out there.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

Well, I wouldn't say the universe is "fake," but what we get from NASA, (Never A Straight Answer) is mostly bullcrap, plain and simple. I am going out on a limb here, I know lots of you think ET doesn't exist, and will do anything to make everyone believe that, but I have been on a spacecraft in 2001, and was taken out through our system. What I saw out there is not on any NASA website. For one thing, there is a space station that makes the ISS look like a toy, and most of the planets are inhabited by some form of life, believe it or not. After thinking on this for many years, I think we are an experiment, scientific in nature, and that we are "recycled" each time we "die," into new human bodies. We humans cannot see Pure Light. If we could, we could most easily see what the universe really looked like. And what the Earth looks like. Your first time at seeing the Pure Light is when you pass over, there is is, the "Light." We have been taught to go into this light, have we not? There are TV shows like "Ghost Whisperer" that talks about this light al the time. Friends, I will not be going into the Light, I will go the other way, after asking about a thousand questions of the light. I want out of here, this third dimensional matrix that traps us all here.

Am I crazy? Perhaps I am. You decide.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I copied this from a thread I started last week:

Dark matter comprises at least 95 percent of this universe's mass In other words nearly all of the matter in the universe is invisible It neither generates nor reflects radiation of any type, visible or otherwise. The only way we know its there is by its gravitational effects.

The fact that when we reach a higher state of conscousness and we are aware of others around us, demonstrates the power of the aliens nature to us. Death does not exist in these universes.

It makes me laugh when I read that some members posts who truely believe they have all the answers.

The fact is, we are just a speck of dust in cosmic vaccum bag.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Unfortunately, there's no way to prove the Universe is really a simulation unless the "programmers" left an easter egg or there was some sort of flaw in the program to be discovered.

Maybe someday, someone will discover something like that, or maybe not. Who knows?

In my opinion, if one were able to leave the Universe and observe what's outside (if there is an outside) it might be enough to drive anyone completely insane.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Junkheap]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I want out, too, Wrench. It's VERY interesting to think of what possibilities might exist out there, but take this one in for a moment. Perhaps there IS no 'dark' except for in the 3rd dimension? Doesn't there need to be an object to cast a shadow? And even shadow isn't PURE black like we think. I've always felt like 'going into the light' is floating upwards... perhaps it's just lighter and lighter the further up the dimensional 'ladder' we climb. The 'lower' dimensions certainly feel like falling...

This makes me wonder something else very strange. What object is here in this realm that is casting a shadow... and what is it being cast on?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

Great, now you guys have me thinking about this

Okey, I'll throw my two cents in. What if this is all just a test? To see if we're capable of thinking? beyond what we understand. To see if we're ready to truly know what really is out there.
And what if were not supposed to know that we know (there's a twist:lol
this is fake? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ever heard the saying "truth is stranger than fiction" ?

[edit on 21-12-2009 by thaknobodi]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

S&F gazer..
i have been asking this question ever since i saw Matrix..what if my world doesn't exist...what if i am just a battery?...have to find the truth.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I would say...who cares about mars or the moon, the universe? why dont you try to improve your litle time on your self and your Surroundings. We are to stupid to understand simples things why bother trying to look for complicated. I understand your question and i respect it, but i would start looking things we know how to improve them instead, maybe when ready with our problems here we wont even need a telescope to see whats outside.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The universe is not fake. It's real. Thinking otherwise may be a sign you need to research things a tad better. But, I guess it's good to question!

I sometimes think planet Earth is just a stage and there are beings out there watching us collapse as a society, just for entertainment. Kinda like in that one South Park episode where Earth is just a television show

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I do not believe the universe is fake...

I do believe that our perceptions of the universe are grossly inadequate to the task of understanding it though.

We look out from our little world, a speck so tiny in the grand scheme of things that our notion that Humans are the measure of all things is nothing short of delusion.

I hope some day we can leave our hubris behind and set out into creation with eyes wide open and egos in check.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Rather than fake, it would be more logical to say the entire world and universe around us are simply what we think we see, and not actually what is there.

How can you know that you haven't rid your mind of memories you knew you shouldn't know?

How can you know that I am not you? How can I know that you are not me?

There's a saying that I'm sure some of you have heard. "There's only you and one other guy on the internet." Clever bastard is quick.

We cannot know when some day our Eyes will be Opened and we will see everything as it's True Self.

We cannot know anything other than what we have experienced.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaraLou
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Everyone is here to learn, you say.

What about the murdered babies - why are they here? I am talking about war, starvation, abortion, etc.

And what can starving people learn?

Can you tell me why babies are born to die soon?

Babies are not born here to die soon.

People are neglectful, selfish, and harmful. These aren't peoples' only qualities, but they're the qualities that people focus on the most because people rarely focus or pay attention to the good. The bad gets more attention because we become comfortable instead of thankful when good happens. Therefore, these bad things gain much more attention.

As well, no one likes that babies die soon. However, some people are not mindful enough to make sure it DOESN'T happen. As well, the government and corporations work based on numbers. Therefore, whatever they have to do to make sure that the -least- amount of perceivable damage occurs, they will do... regardless of the long-term consequences.

There are some cases in which babies die early after birth. In these cases, it is beyond the peoples' control. We should not be developing more invasive and less safe techniques in an attempt to save those babies who might have lived had the parent(s) been more focused, active, and yet also more relaxed. From what I've seen, the people who have the hardest time are the people who are too worried and try way too hard to relax (and yet all they do is worry).

Should we consider that these things that happen are fake? Absolutely not. I think the OP is on to something, but I think that the word 'fake' is an inappropriate description of our universe. For example, to Bilbo Baggins, Middle Earth is a reality. To us, it's "made up". Of course, because we as humans, especially as of late, are leaning more toward believing that the universe is some kind of inevitable accident. This mindset makes people believe that everything they see is real and that reality is simply a set of numbers and rules.

OP, It is my contention that what you are realizing is that the universe is a creation and not a realistic accident. Something that is a -creation- gives the illusion of being fake because it is art. Art, of course, means something that is molded. Something that is artificial is, of course, something that has been made as art. For us to believe that we ourselves are not artificial is a lie that has been fed to all of us forever. Our entire universe is, in reality, artificial. Our universe is a work of art.

As far as the negative connotation of artificial, this is what you perceive to be the information that we are fed. This is also correct. We are fed an artificial explanation of the way things are. Should the explanations be artificial because our universe is artificial? No. Because then the reality of the universes artificiality is then being made FAKE as you say. It is not reality to claim that our universe is an accident in which everything you see and hear is a form of art! It makes no sense!

To be more clear, here is the reality of our universe. Time is the canvas upon which energy paints the picture. Time is the nothingness. Energy is the wholeness. When combined, the masterpiece of our reality is continually being made.

No one can change time. Once you've painted on a canvas, you can't go back. If you miss a stroke, you can blend that stroke to enhance the image, but you can never take back that stroke. You can make it better, but you can never erase what was accomplished.

All things are from energy. Energy is the root of all wholeness. There is nothing made that was not made with Energy. Amazing how energy has become SO MANY THINGS!!!!!!

Reality? This is reality. Many people want to live in the reality where a rock is just a rock and time is just a clock. Many people are so deluded by their "family values" and "business" and "sciences" to even care about the reality of the artificiality of our creation and the One who did it all! And we were created to be co-painters in this beautifully painted and well written fact-based fiction.

The ultimate irony of it all is that once we are created, we have no choice but to participate, if even but for a second. We have the free will to do as we please, but we cannot change the fact that we have added to the masterpiece!

Yes, welcome to the artificial universe - the only which exists. Let's make it a beautiful masterpiece and not set it on fire with our simple-minded desire for "knowing". Our desire to know, although healthy in small doses, completely interferes with our true education which is the power of the imagination.

I always rant. I know it. Once I pop, I can't stop.

Good thread OP.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

All we have are photos and their say so... i havn't been to Mars... have you? No one has....

remember total recall with Arnie Swarzenegar? (Yes i have probably mispelt his name)

s+F

[edit on 21-12-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Dang.... This question has been asked before, a long time ago.

Rene Descartes

I think the short answer to the question; "Could Our Universe Be Fake?" would be another question; "Does it really matter?"

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Of course our universe, as presented by NASA, is a fake.

The real universe is a vast tract of earth with a great mountain, Mount Meru, in the very centre of it. Men and beasts live on the earth. Mount Meru is the home of apsaras and, on its upper slopes, the gods.

Around the land is the ocean, which is full of fish. And round the ocean of water lies the Ocean of Milk.

The Ocean of Milk is held in the Bowl of Stars.

The Bowl of Stars is supported on the back of a great elephant.

The elephant stands upon a turtle.

The turtle upon another turtle.

And that turtle upone yet another.

And so it goes. Turtles all the way down.

Moon landings, eh? Think they can put any old thing over us, don't they? Think we're idiots, they do.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Define Fake.

Our world is as perceived through our 5 senses, which is created in our minds.

Nothing is real

Define Real

It all comes from the same place.

That is the reason we all are one

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You can see it like this: its like a game level its there and some people allready got into that level, its not that reall for you untill you pass on to that level, so i would just try to have fun in this level instead of thinking what the next one would be like. Who knows maybe you can find the solution to climate problems.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So what if it is? Are you going to stop eating and drinking and attempt transcendental meditation? Whether it's real or not doesn't change the way we live or our basic human needs. This isn't even worth discussing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join