It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Our Universe Be Fake?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

I suggest you try reading:-

Your Souls Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born by Robert Schwartz

It may help you understand.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
"Well, I wouldn't say the universe is "fake," but what we get from NASA, (Never A Straight Answer) is mostly bullcrap, plain and simple. I am going out on a limb here, I know lots of you think ET doesn't exist, and will do anything to make everyone believe that, but I have been on a spacecraft in 2001, and was taken out through our system. What I saw out there is not on any NASA website. For one thing, there is a space station that makes the ISS look like a toy, and most of the planets are inhabited by some form of life, believe it or not. After thinking on this for many years, I think we are an experiment, scientific in nature, and that we are "recycled" each time we "die," into new human bodies. We humans cannot see Pure Light. If we could, we could most easily see what the universe really looked like. And what the Earth looks like. Your first time at seeing the Pure Light is when you pass over, there is is, the "Light." We have been taught to go into this light, have we not? There are TV shows like "Ghost Whisperer" that talks about this light al the time. Friends, I will not be going into the Light, I will go the other way, after asking about a thousand questions of the light. I want out of here, this third dimensional matrix that traps us all here."

"Am I crazy? Perhaps I am. You decide. "

No not crazy, just one step further ahead than the rest of us.

We humans cannot see Pure Light. If we could, we could most easily see what the universe really looked like.

This is what 2012 is all about it is the way our DNA changes, that lets us see the truth, I have read that we are all limited to the what we see, and the light we filter out with our eyes. At this point it's to lessen the confusion that we would experience if we could see all of the light but not understand why we see it. But it's coming as we become more aware that we are more that this world and universe this fake universe we live in will show it's self for what it is.

Just think you were given a heads up as to what this place looks like.

Can you give a quick narration of what you saw and what you felt and the colorers of the the true light you saw, it you can what did the ship look like? what did the types of people did you see? what color what the sun mars and the other planets? or any that really struct you as odd.

thanks for your post.

[edit on 12/2/09 by marker]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If our universe is fake and all these magnificent pictures we see of nebulas and quasars, stars and planets, and galaxies do not really exist, how are we, common citizens, ever going to know? If it is fake, at least what we have here is real (if it is real) and we are living it. Should it matter if our "universe" ended a few light years from the earth? We can't get any human being to Mars yet, and it'll be a long while before we can get any beyond our solar system. If we never make it beyond Mars a whole universe doesn't matter.

I'd like to believe NASA is being honest about our universe, and that all amateur astronomers and profession astronomers are as well. It's a lot of work to make all the equipment for traveling into space, for taking pictures of distant galaxies, and to discover what created our universe to be a mere hoax. I can see why NASA would cover up signs of life, although I don't agree, but I cannot understand why, if they are lying about the universe, it would be a hoax. I'm sure that if the universe was our entire solar system it'd be a widely known fact. What is there to cover up? We wouldn't be traumatized by this information. It'd be accepted as naturally as we accept the current information about our universe.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
this universe is not a fake universe ! it is just part of and one of the multiple dimensions of a greater unity, oneness, in which we now live in and have to learn our own lessons to get higher in consciousness. When we die, we get into another realm, another reality, another energy-vibration consciousness which also is not a fake level of spiritual life. Now we are matter/mass corpses with a soul, a spirit, after that we become just only spirits and if we want or if necessary we can return in this realm - reincarnate - and live again in this part of the universe ... nothing is fake, everything is very real !!! because our soul is real and we are master of our soul !!
maybe matter is fake, maybe it is only a imagination, a tricky product of our senses, but our soul is reality, so we have to get out of this matter world to ascend in the spiritual one and feel really alive and in plain contact with everything else. Death is the door to real life, but this life here on earth, this universe known to us, is not fake, it's just crazy stuff for us because we are not at the level of seeing the whole oneness ...
So what is the lesson we have to learn ?? that we are all one, and because we are all one I have to love the other like I love myself, I do not have to harm another living soul ... if I do not love myself, I cannot love the other person, animal, world .... universe ... so in fine I have to question myself about Satan, he is the greatest ennemy but I have to love him as much as I love myself, he is one ot the others ... if I do not love Satan like I love myself I can forget to understand ..... etc etc ...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Good thread OP, I've always wondered the same question! I even thought, well since only very few people in the world has gone to space, they're the only ones that might know the truth, or the illusion is so real that even they get fooled by it !!

What if the stars in the sky are just holographic image, like a bubble around earth! What if the "real" universe is outside of this bubble and we're not allowed to see or explore it since our consciousness hasn't evolve enough to see beyond the hologram?!

I find it fascinating that these can all be plausible! I would say the biggest illusion ever...

[edit on 21-12-2009 by freighttrain]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Funny thing is..... I liked when the Truman show was written I wrote that quite awhile ago myself.

Let's let our brains fall out, has it ever occured that maybe we are not "on" the Planet Earth in real reality but within it.

Think of Earth as a Christmas Ball hanging on a tree and when a kitty cat taps the ball and the top/clip seperate from the ball the vent to the real Universe opens.

I agree with the members that suggest what is really important here is "us" the Human race and what we are doing to ourselves but the Planet.

We can continue on this same path of self destruct or we can take charge and make this Planet the way it was meant to be used for all.

How can we be respected in the Universe if we can't even take care of our own Human race.

Life is an illusion how would you feel if the lights were turned on and you discovered the stars and Planets and Moons are ships all playing a game..................

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
"If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does it make a sound?"

The answer is "no". Unless there is an ear connected to a brain to recieve the vibrating air moelcules and translate those vibrations into sound, then there is only an interference pattern. The tree, the woods, the sound, the bear, ALL just interference patterns until something or someone percieves them.

Your percpetion of a thing causes it to be... until then there is only patterns in the eather.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Boswell

NASA is just an instrument trying to understand the/our universe. Maybe, surely, they know a lot more about the Universe than what we know, maybe they do not tell us everything .... but who cares ??? I mean, for sure one day the truth has to come out because NASA is just an instrument and instruments only give data, the more data they get, the more there is a possiblility of leaking them .... I do not need NASA to BELIEVE in God, believing in Him is believing in another reality where life is more complete and full of joy .. NASA is just BS, they can fire rockets ok, but what do they bring me that I already do not know ? nothing ... the story that they tell us is surely partly fake, I do not care because NASA is not my religion and I do not need them to feel what is real .... They think they are smart but they just do not know how to handle the thruth - poor scientist maybe living in a big lie to us, what for ???

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

maybe this world is kind of an illusion, maybe it is a theatre, a decorum, but for us living here it is NOT fake, it is OUR reality, OUR universe where we have to live in ... it is not a dream ... fake would mean that we are living a dream, no, we are living in this realm a real life in a real world to learn real things about a real Universe. We are not fooled by our Universe, we are part of it !

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
So what if we are in a fishbowl on some 6 year old alien kid's dresser? Like we are going to do something about it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
IT's all a hologram, really you are in a pod some where with wires and tubes hooked up to your mind bottle.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Some of the replies here are baffling. How can anyone in their right mind say something like "the universe is a big lie fed to us by NASA." You can't possibly believe that load of hooey.

Philisophically, the question has been asked and it's still under debate.

Realistically, a question like the one posted in the OP is just an exercise stupidity. Good God, think about it! Humans have gazed at the stars since the dawn of human existence.

Frankly, I find it hard to believe that this thread has so many flags and stars.

Ram

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Could Our Universe Be Fake?

Compared to what?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It was weird to see this article as this morning I woke up thinking about this very subject. And I'm surprised to not see this article which was mind-boggling and came out this year! Is the Universe a Holograph?

From the article:
For many months, the GEO600 team-members had been scratching their heads over inexplicable noise that is plaguing their giant detector. Then, out of the blue, a researcher approached them with an explanation. In fact, he had even predicted the noise before he knew they were detecting it. According to Craig Hogan, a physicist at the Fermilab particle physics lab in Batavia, Illinois, GEO600 has stumbled upon the fundamental limit of space-time - the point where space-time stops behaving like the smooth continuum Einstein described and instead dissolves into "grains", just as a newspaper photograph dissolves into dots as you zoom in. "It looks like GEO600 is being buffeted by the microscopic quantum convulsions of space-time," says Hogan.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The universe is just information, and the foundation of it is based on logic. In that way, the universe is very much like a computer program.

But what you really need to be asking yourself isn't "is the universal real", but rather questions such as what does it mean to be an "observer" of it. What is "you"?

Can you define yourself without naming a possession?

The question raise is one that has been around for thousands of years. It's not new really, but it is new in that most people don't really think about it much, or even start to think about it.

Plato's allegory of the cave was EXACTLY this question. It's probably already been mentioned, but just in case: en.wikipedia.org...

The matrix movie and tons of other things ask the same question.

In the end, your experience is defined by perspective/perception. I think the real question is - what is it that is experiencing it and perceiving it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by idealord

In other words; All of the information (energy) needed for a three dimensional universe is contained within two dimensions. Makes it no less "real".

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Transhumanist
So what if it is? Are you going to stop eating and drinking and attempt transcendental meditation? Whether it's real or not doesn't change the way we live or our basic human needs. This isn't even worth discussing.

What are basic human needs? Is that what you need or what I need?

Whether or not we classify our individual needs doesn't change the fact that we all perceive things in entirely different manners. Maybe you think that your relationship is real? Your career, is that real? Are these things worth discussing?

How about your hometown? I'll bet my life that there are places within 2 miles of your location that you've never been to because they don't exist yet because YOU haven't been there.

This is of course only conjecture...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

"We are not a computer programme - mankind evolved long before computers."

What is meant by this is that everything is running in order & disorder as if it was written code in a computer program. Math is the language of the universe. Math is one thing that proves the "program" theory. Math can describe our universe in so many ways, and do you think that these things can exist accidentally? No way. The program lines up everything for creation, from the very small to the very large. The creator is the one that wrote the code. We are the "users" that live within the boundaries of the program. (yes..."the Matrix" was based on some of these ideas including early discoveries by Max Planck)

Look at Dr.Bruce Lipton and cell biology. He has proven that cells in the body perform with a function and a certain amount of "low level" intelligence. They "know" what to do. How is this possible? It's all part of the program.

In regard to the OP, let's not forget the idea of "perception". Spiritually speaking, nothing would exist without consciousness and our perception of it. We are the creators of what we perceive, but... that does not mean that the universe is real. In fact, quantum physics has shown that there is no matter. Everything is really just energy and what we percieve to matter is almost all made of empty space.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am actually writing a book about this very subject! I'm so glad you brought it up. This is actually a matter of deep philosophy and worthy of consideration by everyone... what IS reality?

As a result of thousands of hours of intense study and deep personal thinking, I've concluded the following general ideas, which will be fascinatingly expanded on in my book. Essentially,

1) There are two kinds of reality: Inductive Reality and Conductive Reality.

2) Inductive Reality is Infinite and consists of a never-ending ocean of potential and possibility. This is where everything begins, and is also what most people refer to when they refer to "God." In my book, I delve deep into this, and prove by philosophical reasoning that this infinite potential MUST exist if there is any reality at all.

3) Conductive Reality is Finite and consists of all things, being defined by boundaries and limitations.

Accordingly, everything is "real" in its own frame of reference. A fantasy is real because it exists. It is a real fantasy, existing within the framework of the mind. I will prove absolutely that all things MUST begin within the framework of mind, and that "mind" is the most REAL thing of all.

The main philosophical "discovery" that the book will explore is the ramifications of a "subtractive" world, where all things begin their existence in the infinite ocean of potential, and are in fact a subtracted subset of that infinity. This will be contrasted to an "additive" world, where things supposedly spring forth from nothing. This will be shown to be a philosophical impossibility.

This book will delve into the very meaning of existence itself, and will prove with irrefutable reason that the infinite requires the finite in order to be infinite, so that all creation is a required part of the infinity that gave rise to it. It will be shown that this model of existence is the only model that avoids circular reasoning, and therefore must be correct. And, it will be shown that it is philosophically, reasonably, and logically impossible for something to come out of nothing.

Does this mean that any particular religion's view of God is correct? Well, this book will not make that determination but will instead put forth the necessary philosophical requirements of the "infinite potential", leaving each person to determine for themselves if their particular view of God meets them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join