It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Relics from the Depths of the Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
We dont need red stars. What we need is a button that when pressed sends a hand out of the monitor to shake and then slap the crap out of the poster.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Great post!

I think we were brought here as test tubes in an alien space craft. Then these aliens landed on Earth, set up a city, called it Atlantis and began experimenting with the library of test tubes they had on their spacecraft. It was probably an illegal genetic experiment to other alien races. That is why so many alien races are apparently spotted here.

I think Atlantis was basically "The Island of Doctor Moreau".

..trying to create a perfect slave they were. Those aliens wanted to be looked upon as gods. I could write a highly detailed theory of mine but I just got up from bed and last night I typed up 5,000 words for a new thread on ATS and I mistakenly entered a URL into the same window and lost all my work on the ATS forum. So, bare with me

We are the fifth race.
Man, Whence, How and Whither.

[edit on 20/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by Perplexity

But more to the point, religion is based on faith... and evolution based on science. Religion requires no physical proof for belief though science does. So, while both may fail in actual proof, it is evolution that fails its own test.

Based on this, evolution requires a degree of faith in an incomplete, unproven science and that, from what I can gather, is a contradiction that is roundly ignored.

Now, I personally think that faith and science share a lot of common ground but like warring siblings, they refuse to acknowledge the other and continue their little spat.

Cheers

Just curious mate - how does evolution fail a scientific test? I understand the evidence is not complete but I think its quite solid to form a reasonable time line and a solid theory. To my knowledge, as a scientific theory - there has not been another hypothesis on the origin of life that has been tested more nor held up as well to the rigors of peer review. For now - its the best information we have. To the best of my knowledge all other concepts so far on this topic are not scientific theories, just conjecture.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pegasi51

How is it contrasting anything in my signature? I'm clearly making the point that Religion, nor any scientific theory, can explain these Relics. If there was a rock solid explanation the these things wouldn't be interesting to us now would they?

With all due respect, I appreciate the effort, but try harder next time.

-P?

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Perplexity]

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Perplexity]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexity

I couldn't agree with you any more. I've been ghosting ATS long before I joined. It's hard to abide by the T&C with some of the members here.

OP star & flag for you,great job for bringing food for thought to the table,to bad some people are anorexia. You can bring a horse to the trough but you can't make a horse drink.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Everything got mixed up into a slurry during the Flood, yes the same one mentioned in the bible, in some areas this is miles deep. When you dig into the Earth there aren't necessarily chronological layers, you'll find dinosaur bones above of Human bones. I've even read about a tree that was standing straight up and down, in potentially 1000's of years worth of strata.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by someguy420
Everything got mixed up into a slurry during the Flood, yes the same one mentioned in the bible, in some areas this is miles deep. When you dig into the Earth there aren't necessarily chronological layers, you'll find dinosaur bones above of Human bones. I've even read about a tree that was standing straight up and down, in potentially 1000's of years worth of strata.

It is posts like this which make me answer a firm NO to the question of shouldnt people be allowed to believe what they want.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Hi Expat, If youve never heard of Patrick Geryl you might want to check out his work. His theory is that high civilizations have existed in the past but get wiped out every 11500 years. It complicated and has to do with the magnetic field of the sun and the earth. anyway you might like it
www.youtube.com...
www.howtosurvive2012.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Look...there's a simple, 'Occam's razor' type explanation for these Out of place objects.

If the land raises due to calderas, earth heaves, quakes etc..the millions of years of concretion and regolith creates numerous routes for 'modern' (a few thousands of years) objects, utensils, people and their animals, tools and so on, can be broken up and displaced by the natural event, whatever that event happens to be, and enter into crevices created by geological processes, which can close up again, just as easily as they opened, leaving objects that look for all intents and purposes as though they had lain buried for millions of years.

THAT'S the realistic, plausible and rational explanation..HOWEVER, that is not to say, other more esoteric and / or strange phenomena are not to blame either...it's just that little bit more hard to believe.

err... rather than that complicated, convoluted explanation, wouldn't it be simpler to say 'someone dropped it there millions of years ago'?

Originally posted by spikey

Unless we dig us a millions of years old fleet of space craft..

Like we'd ever get to hear about THAT

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

It is posts like this which make me answer a firm NO to the question of shouldnt people be allowed to believe what they want.

I'm just pointing out that if nothing else the bible was correct about one thing, a catastrophic flood, that in fact covered every square inch of the planet. You can fin tiny fossils of sea creatures on the tops of every mountain. wrap your brain around that. The flood was so violent that the tsunamis would rip up everything in their path, mixing everything together into a sloppy soup mixture. Bones are destroyed, showing signs of great trauma. You can see the different layers in the ground, but these have settled on top after everything else

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by someguy420

Friend, there are microscopic shells on the top of the mountains, because the mountains them selves rose out of the oceans. At some point in time, the mountains were underwater. It's logical for those micro-fossils to be on them.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Ismail]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

The web page in your link is dated 1979. However, the geology and palaeontological ideas in it are literally Victorian. The author even uses Victorian terminology, such as 'uniformitarianism', and thinks the earliest life discovered dates to only 600 million years ago--the Cambrian age. We've come a long way since then.

The author's subject-matter ignorance alone is sufficient reason to be sceptical about the contents of the article.

As to those contents, the human skull among the ancient bones was, of course, a hoax. The Paluxy footprints have been debunked over and over again, even by creationist writers. The other examples given in the article have also been thoroughly debunked. You can find the relevant data on the Talk Origins web site, to which an earlier poster has already referred. The FAQ page is a good place to start.

Whatever your views on evolution and the age of the earth, you may rest assured that the article does not provide support for them. There is nothing to see here.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Here some interesting pictures, "The Ica Stones". Some say are fake but nothing was confirmed yet. This stones don't match with any culture in Peru, were they had been found.

They are interesting and I would love to have one.
But, I think they are fake.
www.skepdic.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think that it is very important to note a couple of things.

For one, where are these artifacts? Words on a page amount to fiction without the data or evidence.

It is paramount to any study of this nature that there exist hard data.

Otherwise it is immediately relegated to the speculation and conjecture pile and has as much relevance as a fiction and therefore is not really research-able on a level that is acceptable in order to produce undeniable results.

so far though, this is NOT the case.

So, until then, it is fiction.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
There are approximately 400 million species of plant, animal and insect on this planet, yet man is the ONLY ONE that has the understanding of free will. How is that possible?

According to whom? There are species of animals that mate for life, enjoy gay lifestyles, play, socialize, communicate, develop social order, even kill FOR FUN, etc. How do you define this understanding of free will? My cats seem to do just fine deciding for themselves what they want to do.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Al alternative approach, one favored by creationists such as Duane Gish, Henry Morris, and Ken Ham, is to claim that the entire geologic record is an illusion. In this scenario, they suggest that a single world-wide flood churned up all of the earth's inhabitants, and deposited them in a sequence of buried fossils that today we "misinterpret" as the geologic ages that document evolution.

This explanation, also known as "flood geology," fails the test of scientific analysis so completely it is almost comic. It predicts, for example, that bottom-dwelling sessile creatures such as sea urchins should be found at the bottom of the geologic column, since they would be among the very first organisms to be buried in the sediment at the bottom of such a flood. However, sea urchins are not found there, nor are any complex marine organisms. Sea urchins do not appear until the early Paleozoic, for the very simply reason that they had not yet evolved. In fact, the distribution of sea urchin fossils in the fossil record is the exact opposite of that predicted by flood geology.

www.aaas.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Well, if you visit Nazca Lines you can find a lot of hand-size replicas for a cheap price. I had a few ones time ago.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We are the forgotten test tube babies.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
In a life where the possibilities of anything are endless, It truly amazes me how some people insist THEY know everything,. Some of you are so resistant to understand that there is so much more to learn. In the most of simplest of examples of what was thought to be, is Christopher Columbus and his quest. Science, though it is a major part of my interest in belief, I understand is always in a flawed state, knowing that it WILL be always updated. WE also discover more about religion on a daily examination. Both are a learning tool and In my opinion are ment to be scrutinized. Regardless if this article was thought to be a hoax( of which the ramifications could still be history changing), there are still artifacts in the world that are without explanation to the time they were created, or thought to have been created. The Mayans may have written it correctly and we may be in for another world changing event sometime. Lost cities, underwater roads pathways and what look like destroyed places were great civilizations lived are like bread crumbs on the trail of life. Helping us find answers to where the truth exists. LDB

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join