It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Relics from the Depths of the Earth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm sure this is going on in various places in the world, but if not, then why not take a few of the most intelligent species found on Earth and aid them into more advanced understanding and reasoning skills. Of course dolphins wouldn't work, I would find them a waste of time due to the lack of hands. Maybe after 50-60 years or so, numerous animal generations, we may see dramatic changes in the chosen species advancements. It may or may not work, but that in itself should open many flaws in the evolution theory or could seal the deal. I'm not big into evolution but I do think once broken down into smaller categories it will become like common sense. Natural selection, adaptation, survival of the fittest, all make up evolution. Evolution is a big misunderstanding, I think all species have what it takes to survive in harsh conditions, and in some cases have different sets of genetics that when needed can alter a species so dramatically that to most people will seem like magic.

Take pigs for example; when I was younger, around 12 or so, we had a few pigs escape. About 8 months later near Christmas, my dad had trapped a few feral hogs by the river bed. One of the pigs trapped was believe it or not one of ours, I couldn't understand what I was looking at, the pig changed completely, longer hair, snout and really short tusks. Confused me as a kid, how a pig could change like that in one lifetime, reminded me of a werewolf, how it changed in such a short time.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
So Quickly? (Several million years.... one new generation every 20 years or so... hmm)

Where do you get several million years from?
Homo Sapiens has only existed for 250,000 years
en.wikipedia.org...

So Different? (2 arms, 2 legs, 2 eyes, 2 ears, 1 of most other things!)
Do you mean different colour? Because there may be a clue in the geographical location of each colours indigenous home...
Close to the equator = hot = darker coloured skin to avoid burning in the sun.
Far from the equator = cold = paler skin, (pigment not required to protect from sun.)

Yes, it is entirely possible for one species to adapt to it's surroundings, by developing several different strains to suit varied locations... almost all species do it!

peace,
G

I'm mainly talking about the physically aspects, we are physically very different from eachother.
I live in the north, and I'm white. But in the summer we have 20 hours of sunlight, so we have more sunlight than at equater... so I dont know about the equater theory is any good

I dont think you can compare humans to dog breeding... Humans breed with who they fall in love with, not how they look...

[edit on 20-12-2009 by conar]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

That is a definite possibility. Think about it, maybe we are some sort of experiment created by an alien species, or we may be a backup society, or we may just be native to this land as some believe and we just evolved. However, I wouldn't put the idea that something/someone is keeping us from solving all our equations. I think we are allowed to discover or figure out things at allotted times on our space-time time line which means little or nothing to 5th dimensional+ beings.

Just throwing it all out there...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by conar

...Where do you get several million years from?
Homo Sapiens has only existed for 250,000 years
en.wikipedia.org...

Hi conar,
I was talking mammals in general, but...
OK Homo Sapiens... 250,000 years? = approx 12,500 generations!
(plenty enough for adaptive changes to take place?)

...I'm mainly talking about the physically aspects, we are physically very different from eachother.
I live in the north, and I'm white. But in the summer we have 20 hours of sunlight, so we have more sunlight than at equater... so I dont know about the equater theory is any good

physically (sic) aspects? such as?

You have more sunlight in "the north" than at the equator?? ...ok!
(I'll bet it's much warmer there too?)

Oh, and... If you don't buy the theory that darker skin is naturally better suited to warmer climates, closer to the equator, and that skin does not need darker pigment for protection in cold climates, perhaps you'd be so kind as to name one or two pale skinned equatorial races, and one or two black/brown skinned races from much colder climates?

thanks,
G

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JcOg323
reply to post by watcher73

I think people throw around the evolutionary word to much. When in reality they are talking about adaptation.

en.wikipedia.org... Adaptation is the process whereby a population becomes better suited to its habitat.[1][2] This process takes place over many generations,[3] and is one of the basic phenomena of biology.[4]

We dont see rats turning into birds and so on. JEEZ we do see animals and humans adapting to their enviroment. As in skin pigmentation, or in one of darwin's own examples on the galapogos finch (a bird)who has a longer beak than its mainland group. They adapted a longer beak because their food source lies lower in the sand then other food sources of the same population on the mainland. Thats not a new species its still a finch with a longer beak. Even darwin himself in his book had serious problems about his theory and clearly stated that, the problem is there are missing evolutionary fossils to link up the so called evolutionary changes. Not one has been found. Explain that. But i bet all you people crying evolution havn't even read his book Origins. You just spout out the BS our public school system and those who would like to discredit the work of a supreme being have fed you. Educate yourself on the facts before you throw your weight around.

[edit on Sun Dec 20 2009 by Jbird]

Talk about needing education.

We dont see rats turning into birds because we saw dinosaurs do it. IN THE FOSSIL RECORD.

Missing link?

May 19th 2009

Feast your eyes on what a group of scientists call the Holy Grail of human evolution.

A team of researchers Tuesday unveiled an almost perfectly intact fossil of a 47 million-year-old primate they say represents the long-sought missing link between humans and apes.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

Speaking of the Galapagos and Darwin heres some more recent news.

On one of the Galapagos islands whose finches shaped the theories of a young Charles Darwin, biologists have witnessed that elusive moment when a single species splits in two.

www.wired.com...

Id love to stay and keep chopping you up but I have a feeling your brain is whiting out as I type.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer

Hi conar,
I was talking mammals in general, but...
OK Homo Sapiens... 250,000 years? = approx 12,500 generations!
(plenty enough for adaptive changes to take place?)

I dont know... it would imply selective breeding.. and I dont buy that. I dont think there were single people 1000s of years ago, it was breeding with who was around / who is a surviver.

My point is, as I wrote in my first post, the physically differences are almost too great, we might have evolved on different planets, as it was stated in this thread

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Personally I believe in evolution. There are so many cases and studies where it has been "proven." Yes, I used the "p" word because it has. If anyone can deny evolution then they have not studied and/or learned about the subject.

What the experts cannot agree on is certain aspects of our personal evolution, as in the agricultural evolution. They cannot explain how the human species with no contact and no means of communicating with each other have undergone the changes of making a wild plant domesticated. I think that it is a possibility of alien contact as that is why there are so many carving and drawing of strange things in caves, let say in the Sumatra civilization. And not to say this is 100% I just do not understand why scientists are so quick to dismiss this possibility.

Again, many things have stumped us over the years as in why different civilizations all built pyramids. Although this is easier to understand because the shape of the pyramid is one of the most obvious ways to build tall structures.

Although back in ancient times (Puma-punku) we could make Granite rocks fit together with exact precision with no written language. As with the Greeks figuring out the circumference of the earth to with-in 0.4%, knowing that the solar system was heliocentric without ever traveling where their feet could not take them.

This all amazes me, but again to the point where religion has held us back.

I personally am an atheist. I think religion holds us back in so many ways, and when religion was the strongest it was called the dark ages for a reason. When Christians took a hold of civilizations they burned all the knowledge we had in Alexandria, and made their own "knowledge."

It took us 1500 years to again figure out the ideas that we once knew and we have finally started understanding the basics. If religion had not had a stranglehold on our society we would have been leaps and bounds ahead of where we are now. We could have landed on the Moon in the year 969 instead of 1969.

So to doubt evolution is one thing, as there are a few TINY holes but to say religion helps us in another. Religion has been what is holding us back and will continue to do so until we figure out that's the myth...

And anyone that doubts evolution should read a couple evolutionary psychology books...answers a ton of questions.

Thanks for reading...Pred...

[edit on 20-12-2009 by predator0187]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Look...there's a simple, 'Occam's razor' type explanation for these Out of place objects.

Typical scenarios would include (amongst others) volcanic eruptions..tsunamis washing away settlements and people into deep crevices and fissures in long established strata.

Covered by hundreds of thousands, even millions of tonnes of silt and debris from both the land and the sea, over a few thousand years, would form a type of natural concrete (concretions) that would appear to have been there for millions of years, and give the illusion that the objects had been there since the original strata was laid down aeons ago.

If the land raises due to calderas, earth heaves, quakes etc..the millions of years of concretion and regolith creates numerous routes for 'modern' (a few thousands of years) objects, utensils, people and their animals, tools and so on, can be broken up and displaced by the natural event, whatever that event happens to be, and enter into crevices created by geological processes, which can close up again, just as easily as they opened, leaving objects that look for all intents and purposes as though they had lain buried for millions of years.

THAT'S the realistic, plausible and rational explanation..HOWEVER, that is not to say, other more esoteric and / or strange phenomena are not to blame either...it's just that little bit more hard to believe.

Maybe, these object have NOT been placed there yet...(bear with me), but will be placed there in the next couple of years.

Why? How?

The LHC...

What if (and yes, it IS one of those 'what ifs), the LHC created a timewave anomaly (soon), and the resulting 'timewave' rushing across the Earth will displace objects and people from here (or from the past) and deposit them millions of years into the past..

This would account for the object too. Unlikely of course, but not beyond our capacity to imagine happening eh?

I'm a little doubtful of the humans from another planetary system coming here millions of years ago, as we are finding stone tools, and other rudimentary tools and objects that would be more associated with a low technology people, rather than a high tech, space fairing one.

Unless we dig us a millions of years old fleet of space craft..

Woo Hoo! So, If I keep looking in Lumps of Coal I might find a Nikon D500 Digital SLR Camera?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Originally posted by radarloveguy
Evolution is not a theory ... , it's a myth !

Mankind has existed at an advanced stage 4 times in ancient history .

Here's what happened:
Humans came from other planetary systems and settled on Earth as settlement a long time ago. One major group in Australia and one in Burma. A group brought kangaroos from their home planet. The kangaroo had trouble at first on Earth but later adapted. The Red Sea didn't exist at this time and the ones in Australia later settled in Africa. In essence, the original people of the Earth are the Negroids and Mongoloids. At a time later some of the Negroids and Mongoloids mixed and thus created the Arabs. The group that stayed back in Australia and surrounding areas became the Australoids. I do not know how the Caucasians came here but there was a group of dark eyed brown-dark brown haired individuals that settled in southern Russia that later became the Jews. They settled because of the conditions in their home planets.
There was no evolution. Human's origins come from outer space and human beings are common in the universe. The universe is full of life.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by sphinx551]

Well there is and always will be evolution. If beings have sex and reproduce then it is clear that evolution is at work. Rather, the greater schema of how it happened to start the process from then to now is unclear from what is being given to us by science.

Yet, how can you tell the difference between a 250,000 year old mountain, and another 250,000 mountain that was originally a mythological beast (from current perspectives), that was then slain by a totemic ancestor and the beast transformed into the mountain?

250,000 years later all we will have are the basic understanding of the natural processes of W.E.T.D.L. (weathering, erosion, transport, deposition, and lithification [the process by which deposited earth materials eventually become rock]). After this hypothetical beast becomes a fairly normal mountain, any bizarre traits (such as stone that looks like a dragon's rib cage, or its once gaping maw) will be removed through the natural decomposition of the mostly inert materials it is now composed of.

The most you may have is some type of a non-conformity in the layering of strata, where it looks like it is just gone, but in this fictional instance, that was the point of impact with the ground and its magical energies combined with that of the Earth and it followed her natural blueprint as it absorbed.

You could never tell the difference from standard science and observation. Obviously. The Mayans believed that a sorcerer (or someone equally sinister) appeared and built his temple overnight! Crazy right? Maybe not.

Maybe they thought they themselves were crazy, but if they witnessed the occurrence, and some guy wielding super powers (a guy with a shotgun would be seen in exactly the same way after they witness their greatest warrior's head explode, horrifying but understandable to us in this day and age), they are going to do what he demands, so he doesn't destroy them.

Once the 'magic' fortress is built and the 'sky god' removed from his position, WETDL and nature will naturally break down the magic stone and mortar just like any other building in that physical environment, although logically speaking an infused building should naturally be more resistant than run of the mill stone and rock (if it still has a ZPE field or other power source running through it).

What if it were an archaic space ship that defies our normal perspectives of what physics are capable of? How could you tell if the hypothetical command module that transforms it is missing? Then it is just a rotted, crumbling, sinister death trap of an old building and nothing more.

These natural and supernatural processes support one another, but our current social perspectives refuse even the possibility of the mundane if 'experts' don't already say it exists.

Really, our culture has been programed to believe that everything scientifically discovered in the last 200 years by 'modern' scientists are God's (the irony in that statement is not lost on me) own truth, but past that time period people were simply ignorant fools who just naturally believed in the impossible because they were apparently closer to our 'devolved' ancestors.

Then as the age of reason came, we magically became smarter and better and all that mystical mumbo jumbo is past us and all we need is what Uncle Sam and his family (other countries) tell us to need.

You are correct in your presumption that Earth history is completely distorted and we are expected to believe our boring lives where we are worked to death is all there is to life. However, evolution is a fact of life in every aspect of our reality. Evolution is represented in my statements as the magical insta-fortress that then breaks down naturally. Cause and effect. A normal rock structure will break down in the exact same way, there is no way to tell.

Unless you go to tv and movies for a means to explain it. A trans-dimensional energy source reader (or a tricorder type device) might be able to detect unusual energies not usually present in rocks or stone of that supposed age. If that fortress thing has an unusually high level of anti-matter in its composition, our futuristic scanner will not only detect it, but will give us a firm foundation to explore the reasons WHY it is there.

Then if we find a ruined command center in the ruins, or some other tell tale sign of an unusual method of creation, Captain Kirk would easily find a 'normal' reason for its existence. He would just say "It's a spaceship", or Picard would think that some ancient holodeck technology was utilized to generate the matter from energy, and voila! A reasonable explanation that 90% of debunkers will just say is a stupid dream from a TV show.

With the proper technology and understanding, all this stuff people say is impossible becomes mundane and standard. How could a holodeck ever be real? Easy, you make one! Oh, but that's stupid and impossible.

The people who cannot believe should not get in the way of the people making it a reality. This is the ATS mentality to a T.

Evolution is very, very real, but how we got here is most likely so unbelievable that people will reject it simply out of fear of the unknown.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
Evolution is very, very real, but how we got here is most likely so unbelievable that people will reject it simply out of fear of the unknown.

Alright, I accept that Evolution happens but I still stand with my statement before the evolution statement I made in my post on the first page. I do believe that humans came from somewhere else.

Too bad I cannot edit my post now to remove the "there is no evolution" part.
Thanks for you wonderful post and you made me realize.
Thank you.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

When open rebellion against God reaches a trigger point , WHAM !!!!

Has it not occurred to you that if there were earlier technologically advanced humans that got decimated by cataclysms, that we are the remnants of those societies.

Please provide evidence for these 4 stages

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

I agree with the possibility of a Star Seed project by four primary races. I don't trust those people if they exist either.

They screwed us, left us here and continue to allow these things to happen because they can't get up off their asses and make great things happen.

What do we do then? We can't trust anyone. Not our so called leaders, not our institutions which simply keep them in power, nor the EBEs that do exist because they don't take the matters seriously enough to produce the results required for our species to thrive.

If extraterrestrials do thrive just outside our perspective, THEY LET 9-11 HAPPEN TO US! They screwed us so hard that if disclosure finally happens, I will have to resist my every urge to beat the hell out of them. Why should we not hold these people responsible?

We can't demand legal proceedings from the idiots from the multiverse, when they screwed us for centuries! They are complacent in all of the horrific things happening to us right now. Children starve to death in Niger because they can't pull their heads out of their asses and protect that which matters most.

Imagine that. That if they do exist, then they are responsible for what happened on September '01, and I will never forget. There is even photographic evidence of a disc that was at the towers right before they went down.

Sure, how realistic is that? If you don't believe in the possibility of trans-dimensional beings, then I am just a stupid fool who sound kinda fancy. If you hold out any hope for disclosure, they aren't our friends. Not bad, but the kind of person who would let you burn alive in your own bed and wouldn't do a thing to make it right, then they will blame our society for it happening in the first place, when they LET THE PERSON BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN.

F-them! I would rather there be no such possibility of ETs and trans-dimensionals, than to have to digest the fact that they are more than willing to blame us for what they let happen to us. It's horrifying to think of such an implication. No one else will say it, so I will.

Disclosure will destroy everything we hold dear as a society. Much of it needs to go, but I fear we are going to be mainly depopulated if what the trends are saying is true. Whatever.

Regardless, I have perfected emotional self torture to an artform. If they exist, then helping humanity is simply a means to save face due to their sheer incompetence and I frankly want nothing to do with any beings who could completely screw up the concept on non-interference.

Those are most likely the people who dumped us here and left us to fend for ourselves and still blame us for their own lack of understanding and compassion.

I just had to post this once. It is a concept that is not addressed at all and well, there might not be any goodguys. Just people as screwed up as we are, they just have it good, so it's ok.

We are so screwed.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OZtracized

Here's what happened:
Humans came from other planetary systems and settled on Earth as settlement a long time ago. One major group in Australia and one in Burma. A group brought kangaroos from their home planet. The kangaroo had trouble at first on Earth but later adapted. The Red Sea didn't exist at this time and the ones in Australia later settled in Africa. In essence, the original people of the Earth are the Negroids and Mongoloids. At a time later some of the Negroids and Mongoloids mixed and thus created the Arabs. The group that stayed back in Australia and surrounding areas became the Australoids. I do not know how the Caucasians came here but there was a group of dark eyed brown-dark brown haired individuals that settled in southern Russia that later became the Jews. They settled because of the conditions in their home planets.
There was no evolution. Human's origins come from outer space and human beings are common in the universe. The universe is full of life.

Are you serious or just joking? Where do get this information from?

It doesn't disprove evolution as such it just means we have our timeline wrong (or evolution occurred on another planet and they came here).

There's four possibilities that may be out there for all this junk and our history. One humans or humanoids came here an Epoch ago while there was a civilization flourishing on earth and colonized this planet. Things where good for awhile until problems came up and they where fighting between the colonists and the original people of the planet. Two, Same as one but there wasn't any civilization so to speak on the planet and the colonists came and colonized. Then something happened and then the people or descendants of the colony got scattered or had to try to recover from the cataclysm (ancient flood maybe) and they forgot their origins and where able to only save bits of and pieces of their technology (and may not have understood it all the way either). Three, humanoid creatures came to this planet for whatever (colony, supply colony, way station etc.). They saw certain life forms (different ape creatures) that could be useful to build and work for them, so they genetically modified these creatures splicing their DNA with the newcomers DNA to make a new species of humanoid on this planet (early version of us or homosapien). This would fall in line with the Sumerian legends of the Annunanki, and for some reason (they left or infighting etc), we where left "alone" to fend for ourselves. The fourth a form of Homosapien colonized this planet an Epoch ago or more. They got here by a "Ark" or series of Ark ships. They couldn't go back where they came from (sublight or ships are one way) and decided to make do of this new planet. You have to remember one thing, it would be real easy for a colony of lets say 40,000 or less or a little more (don't even know the number or if it's true just speculation) without routine contact or having to make do for them to easily fall apart over a few decades due to infighting and/or issues and then you have disparate groups of individuals having to make do in small groups on an alien planet not tamed with technology that for all intents and purposes may not have been as advanced as ours (except the space ship).

It would be real easy for a small colony with no infrastructure but the ones that they bring to fall easily into barbarism. People say well what about evidence of this advance technology. If it was far enough back, a car would be a layer of rust within a thousand years if left in the elements and even after a few thousand years skyscrapers would start to fall and eventually rust also. If far enough back, unless your real lucky and/or objects are found protected in mud/ash/whatever, we wouldn't see anything left except maybe worn down stone structures that used to be larger. Our history on this planet isn't wrapped up in 6,000 years, it's alot older and more vast than we can fathom. Check out Lloyd Pye on youtube, he has a 2 hour presentation on why he thinks man isn't native to this planet and it opened my eyes up and made me think. Parts of it dealing with Niburu and a planet blah blah blah I have a hard time believing but the other things he talk about dealing with the genetics and the nature of creatures and alot more than what I can describe here will have you wondering also.

www.s8int.com...
www.lloydpye.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Interesting thread, as always. But I continue to have a few questions. First, does slight changes via adaptation equate to evolution if the life form in question remains basiclly the same throughout? Also, just because genome mutations happen, are we positive it happens at a constant rate? I was under the impression that adaption happens because of necessity and a mutation only sticks when it's necessary for adaption. Point being, there are just too many unanswered questions and large leaps of faith when considering believing evolution. And almost nothing substantial to chew on when considering human alien relocation.

Was it not only a year or so ago that humal-like remains were found that predated the evolution theroy by a coupple million years, making the current theroy null and void? I just think it's pure guess work when looking at fossils or genetic materials and trying to fill in the gaps where no real evidence lies.

Having said this, there is much more indirect evidence that tends to point to evolution than anything else. However, it falls far short, for me anyhow, to be considered anything but a crapshoot work in progress without a gaurentee of any real validity.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
conar, Why Exactly is it Logical that we evolved from a single cell species?
I fail to see the logic. Perhaps you can enlighten me?

I’m really tired of hearing how white folk became white because they moved north and wore clothes etc. But you make a Big Exception for the Eskimos. Why?

And I’m really sick of seeing that someone finds a few pieces of bone and immediately some artist draws a whole creature.

I call all of the above Grasping at Straws.

As to human becoming larger; not completely true.
Cro-Magnon Man was close to 7’.

Cataclysm yes. www.knowledge.co.uk...

“When the Earth Nearly Died carefully documents the fascinating story - which has never been told before in such detail - of how this Golden Age of peaceful conditions and equable climates ended traumatically in a tremendous catastrophe about 11,500 years ago. This was part of a cataclysm which disturbed the whole solar system, destroyed at least one sizable planet and its satellite, and also severely devastated Mars and Earth.

Among the fundamental geophysical effects experienced by Earth were a massive fracturing of the crust, a realignment of Earth's axis, elevation of new mountains, and widespread rearrangement of land and sea. These changes were accompanied by an appalling global conflagration, a gigantic flood, and what has been described as 'collapsed sky' conditions. A bombardment by debris from the disintegrated satellite of the destroyed planet added to the worldwide chaos.

Much of Earth's animal and plant life was annihilated by these frightful events. Remains were often buried hundreds of feet below and within vast new deposits which smothered huge areas, both on land and under the sea. Elsewhere they lay piled in caves, choked rock fissures, or were massed into veritable hills. Some havens and refuges did exist, offering shelter to various faunal and floral species from flood or fire - then to have to endure the appalling conditions which followed. These included intense cold, occasioned by chronic atmospheric pollution which severely restricted the solar radiation reaching the Earth, loss of vital resources such as shelter, tools and sources of warmth and nourishment. The extent of the damage was so great that the immediate survivors found themselves literally catapulted into what was, in effect, a new world.”

More of this on the link

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

Oh yes. I find that both schools of commonly accepted views do not conflict with each other as is the typical trend these days.

Gradualism and Punctuated Equilibrium are seen almost as opposing schools of thought.
For further clarity, I will quote my Anthropology text book "The Human Species 6th ed" by John H. Relethford, 2005 McGraw-Hill. New York.:

Gradualism:

The view that macroevolution is a slow and gradual process is called gradualism. According to this view, small changes in each generation over time result in major biological changes.

Punctuated Equilibrium:

This hypothesis suggests that the pattern of macroevolution consists of long periods of time when little evolutionary change occurs (stasis) and short periods of time when rapid evolutionary change occurs.

Quite frankly I see that these two processes are both at work at the same time, prompting me to coin the evolutionary term that incorporates both ideas as Punctuated Gradualism.

Really, species do typically evolve slowly over great periods of time, yet there are also periods of time where evolution in a specie or species (depending on what is creating this rapid evolution) rapidly speeds up, but in reality never completely reaches a state of stasis.

I am willing to conjecture as well that perhaps stasis also plays a role, but definitely not as conceived in the Punctuated Equilibrium school of thought. Perhaps this is a part of how to keep the fire from the people. Why lie, when you can set them to eternal bickering over two processes that are both observed and are equally valid in terms of what we are talking about here.

As I was talking about earlier, how could you tell if a period of punctuation that occurred in your species history was actually a seeding project, or a new space colony that was eventually disrupted somehow, rather than a naturally occurring random evolutionary burst?

You can't. Not to mention, the easiest way to interrupt scientific progress is to split up a natural process into two schools of thought and let everyone rip each other apart indefinitely. Simple, especially when both are making great points, yet either side can't truly see from the other school's perspective, so they don't notice that both augment one another, rather than there being only one possibility, further impeding scientific progress.

Really, the processes of evolution are ever present and ever working. Many believe that we are on the verge of another rapid burst of evolution. The Mayan calendar says so. Well, calendars say all sorts of things, but that doesn't make it true, yet it is good to at least lightly ponder now and again.

That is the beauty of science, I just presented a unification of concept hypothesis for two widely respected schools of thought, and all I had to do was read a textbook, take a few Anthropology classes, and ponder it for a while.

We stand on the shoulders of giants, and when we as a species are given pure, substantiated, and non-corrupted information, we begin to shine. That is the promise of Evolution, and all we have to do is not give up and learn from our collective mistakes.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Here's what happened:

Not in any way confirming nor denying my belief in this information you are giving in regards to "evolution"...I did recently come across information regarding our early populous being "seeded" from several ancient cosmological races.

One that I found quite gripping was the race of blue skinned "humans" that prefer underground domiciles, and communes due to their sensitivity to light, and colonist tendencies. I was interested in finding more...after some research I found that EVERY continent has stories of a blue skinned human civilization...most of them mentioning them living in caves, or underground.

Australia has the majority of these stories. I know there are some references to "Blue" people in the north part of the U.S., like North Dakota and Wyoming mentioned in a medical anomalies book that my mother had.

There are some conditions caused when Caucasians overuse silver...it almost rusts in the skin, giving a blue tint...but the race I'm referring to are born BLUE, have BLUE offspring, and primarily don't leave their respective colonies.

***I'm at work currently, limited internet access, or I would post links***

feel free to lend a hand

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

...the original question : how did life originate?

If you ask different people, you get different answers...i.e, ask a priest - God did it, ask a biologist - amino acids did it, ask a physicist - gases did it, ask a evolutionist - monkies did it...so on and so forth

I believe I fall on the line of thinking that is the most agreement with Nassim Harramein. I believe LIFE is the biological resolution created as a feedback, or interaction between the infinitely big, and the infinitely small.

That is...WE are the result of the interaction between the Cosmic resolution, and the Quantum resolution. We are the feedback process between the cosmic resolution (i.e. stars, galaxies, super clusters, etc) and the quantum resolution (i.e. cells, molecules, quarks, etc.).

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by conar

Conar, Race comes from human migration. As humans spread from Africa and settled in different climates we adapted to those climates with slight changes in appearance that today we call "race". It's a social construct and has been show to be genetically meaningless, in other words the climates we settled in were different enough to change our appearance but not by enough to make us splinter into whole new species.

The Equator gets the most Direct Sunlight and therefore darker skin tones developed there.

Sorry if this sort of derails the thread. My initial analysis of the OP stands: The article is an outdated religiously biased piece of writing that presents no real evidence that Creationism is true and Evolution is false...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Does that include the fossilised section of a m16 rifle they found in rock 50 million years old.That story never lasted long.It was pushed under the carpet many years ago.Maybe it belonged to some soldier lost in time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join