It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Internet will be taken down when we need it most

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by DwaynetheSpecious

You misunderstand...in the event of A GLOBAL POWER...ONE GLOBAL GOVERNMENT...a law like that could VERY WELL be passed...AND ENFORCED...in that kind of circumstance...who is to say what could and couldn't happen.....they could make eating a burrito illegal if they really wanted to.....

Sure it may not SHUT IT DOWN...but you'd definitely pay the price for BREAKING THE LAW...

Are you #ing joking me? You can't just give me that... seriously... I give up. You lost me there.

You sound like you have no power yourself and just sit and wait for the world to be taken over. What a disgrace and pathetic viewpoint.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Please, explain to me, if it isn't POSSIBLE...WHY IS THERE LEGISLATION THAT PROPOSES OBAMA CAN ENFORCE "CYBERSECURITY EMERGENCY" AND SHUT DOWN "COMPROMISED" SYSTEMS INCLUDING BOTH PRIVATE AND PUBLIC NETWORKS....

www.networkworld.com...

if it's possible to shut down "selected" networks....then THEORETICALLY you can select "all of the above" and choose to shut them down....AMIRITE OR AMIWRONG?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flakey
You do not seem to understand how the internet works. To shut it down the entire world would have to get rid of all the phone lines.. ALL OF THEM! Power lines too. Basically everything.

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious
If the internet was shut down in parts of the world it would also mean they would have to shutdown all phones.

You are both making assumptions based on speculation of how you might shut down the internet; no one is claiming the average person could do this.

Because of the complexity and disconnectedness of the internet you both perceive it as impossible to shut down the internet.

This is extremely naive.

Complexity is relative to knowledge and power.

If people with enough power wanted the internet to be shut down, it would be.

You can say you think it is unlikely but the idea that it is impossible is idiotic.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Jezus]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Please, explain to me, if it isn't POSSIBLE...WHY IS THERE LEGISLATION THAT PROPOSES OBAMA CAN ENFORCE "CYBERSECURITY EMERGENCY" AND SHUT DOWN "COMPROMISED" SYSTEMS INCLUDING BOTH PRIVATE AND PUBLIC NETWORKS....

www.networkworld.com...

if it's possible to shut down "selected" networks....then THEORETICALLY you can select "all of the above" and choose to shut them down....AMIRITE OR AMIWRONG?

You are wrong. The Internet is a globally distributed network comprising many voluntarily interconnected autonomous networks. It operates without a central governing body. So this would be impossible in a full extent.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

You're right...I'm going to make my own data lines....produce my own oil...grow my own food....harvest my own wood for my house....create my own electricity...ALL ON MY OWN....little ole me is gonna do all of that and not have to RELY on SOMEBODY for SOMETHING....humans aren't SOCIAL creatures at all....RIGHT....

who are you and what planet are you from?

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

You're right...I'm going to make my own data lines....produce my own oil...grow my own food....harvest my own wood for my house....create my own electricity...ALL ON MY OWN....little ole me is gonna do all of that and not have to RELY on SOMEBODY for SOMETHING....humans aren't SOCIAL creatures at all....RIGHT....

who are you and what planet are you from?

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]
I am just stating what is true... the internet is not centralized and therefore it would be impossible to shut it totally down. Think of it as a highway with a multitude of roads to escape.

Give me a break with the weak points you make. Get real, and act like a rational being.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Also, while on the topic....THEORETICALLY SPEAKING...a massive EMP(large enough to disable entire power grids and electronic/telecommunication infrastructures) would do the trick...SO DON'T TELL ME IT'S IMPOSSIBLE YOU LUNATICS...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Also, while on the topic....THEORETICALLY SPEAKING...a massive EMP(large enough to disable entire power grids and electronic/telecommunication infrastructures) would do the trick...SO DON'T TELL ME IT'S IMPOSSIBLE YOU LUNATICS...
I get it, I can't get you to think rational, because that sure it not rational at all.

Check out this picture of only a small part of the internet:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You're kidding me right? You're denying that a massive EMP could do the trick?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Give me a break with the weak points you make. Get real, and act like a rational being.

It is irrational to think that because YOU perceive something as complicated, it is impossible.

Originally posted by Jezus

Originally posted by Flakey
You do not seem to understand how the internet works. To shut it down the entire world would have to get rid of all the phone lines.. ALL OF THEM! Power lines too. Basically everything.

If the internet was shut down in parts of the world it would also mean they would have to shutdown all phones.

You are both making assumptions based on speculation of how you might shut down the internet; no one is claiming the average person could do this.

Because of the complexity and disconnectedness of the internet you both perceive it as impossible to shut down the internet.

This is extremely naive.

If people with enough power wanted the internet to be shut down, it would be.

You can say you think it is unlikely but the idea that it is impossible is idiotic.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Hmmm. Again the question that is never asked is:

So what ?

The world functioned perfectly well before it and before cellphones actually.

I will continue to be amused about paranoia over losing "control systems" when the TPTB want to take over.
Having and using your conveniences makes you easier to track (and profile) should "they" want too.

So ask yourself again..Where would be the benefit in this ?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

I'm not saying that, you're putting words in my mouth. Do you seriously think it would be possible to close the ENTIRE internet in one sweep?

I'm out, call it defeating me, but I call it total ignorance and denying of anything rational.

And about EMP's... I'm not denying the power such a weapon, I just think it's HIGHLY irrelevant in relevance with this topic. It's almost like you're throwing everything against me. Would the parts of the internet go down if a massive earthquake hit? Yes, likely it would.

I'm out of this thread, you guys are #ing ignorant.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If the internet were to disappear tomorrow, what would we do?
We would find other ways to do what we have to do, we'll get by.....

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by yayap3

news article

Ten fiber-optic cables carrying were cut at four locations in the predawn darkness. Residential and business customers quickly found that telephone service was perhaps more laced into their everyday needs than they thought. Suddenly they couldn't draw out money, send text messages, check e-mail or Web sites, call anyone for help, or even check on friends or relatives down the road. Several people had to be driven to hospitals because they were unable to summon ambulances. Many businesses lapsed into idleness for hours, without the ability to contact associates or customers. More than 50,000 landline customers lost service - some were residential, others were business lines that needed the connections for ATMs, Internet and bank card transactions.

Very cool catch, yayap. The important parts: banks/ATMs will be affected.
Ok, so maybe it goes like this.

"Iranians" knock out Internet lines.

Banks are knocked for a loop because they can't conduct business. It is under this blanket that they are able to start their financial restructuring. In other words, this is the much rumored "bank holiday" - engineered by "Iranians". TV still works, and the populace still gets to receive info but not be able to say anything back to protest.

At this point, the h1n1 virus has "mutated". The public, already disoriented by the false flag Internet attack, is put under quarantine and directed to their nearest POD emergency vax clinic. It's at this stage that the poisoned vaccines are introduced to the public. All news is govt controlled, and no one will be the wiser to their shenanigans.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings
When the 'mutation' occurs and the 'forced vaccinations' begin, the Internet will be taken down by the Conficker virus, which we will be told was created by the 'Iranian Cyber Army'. The war on Iran will begin.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by jameshawkings]

I love this thread and your analysis (it did bother me not knowing where Iran fit into this depop equation), but I don't agree with you about the US going to war with Iran. It looks like Iran is playing "bad cop" for the NWO.
Check out: www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.foxnews.com...:s0:a16:g4:r1:c0.000000:b29245780:z10

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad claims the United States is attempting to thwart the return of mankind's savior.... Ahmadinejad reportedly claims he has documented evidence that the U.S. is blocking the return of Mahdi, the Imam believed by Muslims to be the savior. "They have devised all these plans to prevent the coming of the Hidden Imam because they know that the Iranian nation is the one that will prepare the grounds for his coming and will be the supporters of his rule...."

Once the US (and elsewhere) have been depopulated and politically destroyed, the NWO savior gets to appear, because the US is no longer around to stop the messiah from reappearing (sounds idiotic to me, but that's what they're sellin' apparently).

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Your out because you've lost a grasp on the topic, and have no way of intelligently arguing your claims, it's alright, it happens to all of us at some point. Honestly you lost it once you started calling others' viewpoints pathetic, seriously grow up, is anybody who disagrees with you pathetic? Perhaps you should re-think your arguing methods, as of now they are about the same methods a 10 year old would use.

On topic, you don't know how easy/difficult it would be to shut down the internet, for all you know TPTB could have had the emergency shut down planned from day one and have made it as simple as the push of a button.

I find these types of panics humorous, man survived without the internet and cell phones for quite some time before, I don't see why would would all perish if there ever was a second time. Of course having this luxury removed would be difficult for some to adapt to at first, but we'd survive.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Perplexity]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

The idea that because the internet is not centralized it could not be shut down is extremely naive.

If TPTB wanted it gone…it would simply be a matter of time.

+1.

Technlogy means more control. You are not autonomous, more technology mean more dependance, more tax more information onyou : so you are not considered as free.

You need an internet acces to be connected : and they can control it , and this is what they do : as they do with the phone and echelon .... "oh dear, oh my god : are you insane ?". Yes sir : this is the reality : 1984.

And Yes : complexity does not mean simple rules , and simple control. In appearance a complex system is better : but if you analysed it sometimes it becomes clearly a fake.

You think you live in a free and open society : because their is a lot of congressman, etc etc etc etc.

But you don't have the power.

What else ?

Seven complex lessons in education for the future

[edit on 20-12-2009 by psychederic]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexity

I advise you to read Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed , before telling you know all the truth about the complex future of "our" society.

Don't you remember 1984 : the book ? Where they choose to erase what is not conform to the policy of the state : oh right : this happen everywhere because the maintream media, is the mainstream media, and the system is the system.

The risk of collapse : is cultural. You could think does not exist today : you are wrong : many race, many country , many empire, many philosophy , many culture, disaparred.

Even the biggest empire die.

And you must keep what you can of you culture : you think all can live without internet, tv, car etc ... I am not that sure : about the current culture !

I am half convinced that if it turn bad : most people will become totally crazy.

I don't think they will try to keep their culture for their childs.

If it turns bad : ( and it allways can : or do you want statistical analysis , and history analysis ?) : you have to survive : and that mean : YOUR CULTURE must survive.

I know , I know : nowadays most people don't understand what is their culture, and they don't educate their child : but that's their #.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by psychederic]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by psychederic

I never claimed to know "all" of anything actually, don't post fabrications lol.

Second, your right when you say that it may be more difficult for some to survive without these luxuries than others. However, even in the most brainwashed of humans, their instinct of self preservation will have to kick in some time. Under everything, that is the human body's #1 instinct, survival.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It's just not a viable scenario, the whole of the Internet "going down." Only a world-changing event could do that. And at that point, we may not give a rats butt about the Internet.

A massive EMP would take out a lot more than the Internet. Would have to be worldwide, and well, that would be one of the world changing events I would be talking about. Of course, I don't believe for a moment anyone is even remotely close to making an EMP that could take out even a large chunk of the Internet.

It's akin to the year 2000 "bug." Which was really just a bit of coding that did not roll over the year correctly, so computers would assume that it was a hundred years ago. I can't even remember how many computers and servers I had to patch in preparation. Many of us didn't feel jack diddly squat would happen. But, people worked themselves into such a lather, we had no choice but to patch it all. Other than a few account program issues, it was much ado about nothing.

You can't "take down" the Internet, so the premise of this thread is bunk. Not to mention you have pretty much no ground to stand on in regards to the "non-optional vaccine" theory, which I also think is rubbish. Proof? There will be no mandatory vaccine for this.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join