It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Internet will be taken down when we need it most

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad

You made me happy knowing that other people around the world are thinking along the same lines as myself. Me and you know that if anything ever happened to the Internet, that we would be okay and not effected at all.

I think more people across the world should have the same setup as us, that way we have a backup plan. Thanks for the reply to my post, it seems as if its content has been over looked.
(And it is good info for people to read).

Concerning the guy that posted a link to a software program that can download Wikipedia (entirely). Well I have a present for you and everyone here on ATS, here is a program that downloads the entire website directory of any website in the entire world. It also downloads any information on any sister websites of the website you are trying to download. If you went through every single IP HTTP/S address and used this tool on said website...then technically you could download the Internet.

This program is called BiLE-Suite which needs HTTrack to work (this is all under Linux by the way. I helped a guy in the past to get Bile installed and here is the Tutorial on how to set up HTTrack - and the main program BiLE-Suite also has a tutorial (which includes a HTtrack tutorial aswell), this can be found here.

You will not go wrong switching to Linux and downloading numerous amounts of large websites for offline data backup.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexity
reply to post by DwaynetheSpecious

Your out because you've lost a grasp on the topic, and have no way of intelligently arguing your claims, it's alright, it happens to all of us at some point. Honestly you lost it once you started calling others' viewpoints pathetic, seriously grow up, is anybody who disagrees with you pathetic? Perhaps you should re-think your arguing methods, as of now they are about the same methods a 10 year old would use.

On topic, you don't know how easy/difficult it would be to shut down the internet, for all you know TPTB could have had the emergency shut down planned from day one and have made it as simple as the push of a button.

I find these types of panics humorous, man survived without the internet and cell phones for quite some time before, I don't see why would would all perish if there ever was a second time. Of course having this luxury removed would be difficult for some to adapt to at first, but we'd survive.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Perplexity]

I have to write again. I have not lost the grasp of this topic.

You mention pressing a button to close the WHOLE internet. How would this be possible? The internet is not centralized at all. It was more centralized in the late 90's because the US had most the backbone, but that's not the case any more. It's now widespread over the entire world.

A single button-press just is not possible when something is not a centralized solution.

Firing an EMP would be almost impossible... you would need to send out EMP all over the world to brick servers and equipment - this seems pretty far-fetched.

Another point. Today there are ships constantly on guard and doing repairs to the VAST amount of cables we have running under water around the world. These cables break and are repaired at sea. The cables break if large ships or earthquakes emerge.
Check out this image... it shows the interconnected cables in the sea around the world:

How can you say I my arguments are like a 10 year olds? My arguments are valid... read more here: en.wikipedia.org...

I would say talk about worldwide EMP's and NWO like structures which have not been proven are more childish. Prove me wrong.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The 10 year old reference was attributed because you call anybody with a different theory than your own pathetic. Just because you don't understand the complexity of something, or see a possible way to achieve something, doesn't make it impossible. It just makes it impossible for YOU to do.

I agree the one button push may be a big stretch, but it was just an outrageous example of what really could be possible. While highly unlikely, you cannot present proof that it is without a doubt, impossible. *Just like I myself cannot prove that is IS fact*

That is an interesting point you bring up, about the ships being out there repairing the damaged cables on a regular basis. So from what your telling me the true connection lies within these cables which are being repaired, correct? So what if a mass order was given out to destroy these cables, that would be a good start right?

Talks about NWO and EMP's (in my opinion) are not more childish than your methods, "I can't do it, therefore it cannot be done". Please, don't flatter yourself. And I won't try to prove you wrong, unlike yourself I know what I am capable and incapable of proving. I'm simply stating things that could be possible, your trying to cram what you believe to be "the truth" down other posters' throats.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What you fail to understand is we dont need the internet. its a fairly new invention. where crime has been around for millenia. they need the internet we just need wake up and reclaim our way our heritage.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
lol.

yeesh.

a) analog broadcasting is dead in North America. All data is digital only now.

b) the nsa has a security key embedded into every CPU on the planet, they (the NSA)can gain access and control to these chips and effectively shut down or reroute any data

c) the war we are in is economic and for resources

d) the web is easily controlled. there are choke points everywhere and limited providers.

e) Iran is in on the globalism, there is a need to present a villain to help people accept changes they otherwise would not.

f) twitter is about as important as those toenail clippings you keep. It, along with facebook and other apps are merely mechanisms of control and spying. You and I and everyone else is psychologically manipulated into using these services.

In the end, know this. You me and everyone else will be gone from this world in less than 100 years. None of these attempts at reshaping civilization is an organized event. It is all organic with predictions made from limited scope of thought.

Just live a good life and love your people. You'll be fine, it will be alright and your life will be a worthwhile experience for you!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The 10 year old reference was attributed because you call anybody with a different theory than your own pathetic. Just because you don't understand the complexity of something, or see a possible way to achieve something, doesn't make it impossible. It just makes it impossible for YOU to do.

I agree the one button push may be a big stretch, but it was just an outrageous example of what really could be possible. While highly unlikely, you cannot present proof that it is without a doubt, impossible. *Just like I myself cannot prove that is IS fact*

That is an interesting point you bring up, about the ships being out there repairing the damaged cables on a regular basis. So from what your telling me the true connection lies within these cables which are being repaired, correct? So what if a mass order was given out to destroy these cables, that would be a good start right?

Talks about NWO and EMP's (in my opinion) are not more childish than your methods, "I can't do it, therefore it cannot be done". Please, don't flatter yourself. And I won't try to prove you wrong, unlike yourself I know what I am capable and incapable of proving. I'm simply stating things that could be possible, your trying to cram what you believe to be "the truth" down other posters' throats.

Thanks for your reply. I'm not talking about myself when I talk about it being almost impossible to just shutdown the internet, I'm talking about the people running the internet. The internet is composed by a VAST amount of contributing people, organizations and companies. Therefore to shut down the internet you would need to have an extreme amount of control over all these people which in itself is pretty much of the scope.

About the cables, you are right, you could shut down routes around the internet and thereby only parts of the internet if you did damage these cables which basically connects the continents together.

About cramping "truth" down other peoples throat. I'm not trying to do this, but I can't see how my points on shutting down the internet can be childish. I had a discussion going on... then people slowly realize that you can't just shut down the internet in one sweep. Then instead of agreeing on my point, then talks about EMP's exploding all over the world just seemed so desperate in my eyes.

If I have offended anyone, then I am sorry.

I just want people to listen to what they are saying sometimes, it just sounds so desperate and irrational.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Fair enough, I also apologize if I have offended you or anyone else, my tone may have been perceived as disrespectful, for that I am sorry.

In your opinion, how many people would it take to cooperatively shut down the internet? Hundreds or thousands? Or Hundreds of thousands?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychederic
I WISH ALL OF YOU TO DOWNLOAD THIS FREE TOOL OKawix

Download the whole Wikipedia? What kind of hard drive space do you think everyone has, anyway?

Originally posted by djusdjus
f) twitter is about as important as those toenail clippings you keep. It, along with facebook and other apps are merely mechanisms of control and spying. You and I and everyone else is psychologically manipulated into using these services.

Nope, not everybody. I, for one, never go to Twitter, Facebook, MySpace or any other "social" network set up like those. I've never been that far open with socializing. In short, if they're tracking me, they have to work that little bit extra harder to do it.

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious
A single button-press just is not possible when something is not a centralized solution.

Yep, even the Constitution was written to decentralize Power in the US Government...When the Executive Branch kept pushing for the removal of the "checks & balances" system, the Powers become more centralized (in this case, with the POTUS). No President can do jack-squat until Power becomes centralized. This is what the whole concept of NWO is all about...Centralizing Power into the fewest hands possible.

The internet is not centralized...It used to be, but not anymore. If TPTB had gained control on censoring the 'net immediately, they might have had a chance to stifle Free Expression...But that opportunity has passed & it can't be done now. Too many people have already learned too much of what they've been able to keep secret in the past.

No one person or Power can shut the whole thing down because the internet is too flexible & adaptable in the face of disaster (even man-made disaster). Shutting down the internet would also take out pretty much everything else too, worldwide! It includes communications with ships (like the ships repairing the sea-cables mentioned) & satelittes, because the ground-stations couldn't make contact. That also includes the banking & business systems that the various world governments rely on to maintain control! Dropping the internet worldwide would be the same as cutting their own throats; They would lose control & humanity would be really free from them...Except in very localized areas.

But at that point, the majority of People would probably not accept any power-monger appearing, even in local areas. After remembering what these power-mongers have done (shutting down everything), they'd most likely lynch 'em than to obey them...And a hemp rope would still work, even without any power sources...

In your opinion, how many people would it take to cooperatively shut down the internet? Hundreds or thousands? Or Hundreds of thousands?

...Probably, millions. Even if all of these "professionals" were to accept the orders to shut down, they realize that they also are being put out of a job. There's enough "techies" in existence that, even if they shut down what exists now, you can bet someone's going to come up with alternatives for rebuilding some form of internet...From scratch, if necessary.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Download the whole Wikipedia? What kind of hard drive space do you think everyone has, anyway?

I have an added up collection of about 3-4TB. Read my previous posts mate, they hold good information regarding data harvesting.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

If I could give you 10 stars I would. The strongest signal I have acess to was locked until I tried that password... iPhone/Laptop used to have to be operated by my windows to catch signals at a far distance.... I thank you.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

For the english wikipedia database : 6 gb if i remember (more if you download images). Today 20 gb is nothing : really nothing.

You can download other site from wikipedia. With the software or throught bittorent.

wikibooks
wikinews
wikipedia
wikiquote
wikisource
wikiversity
wiktionary
English
137 Mb
lien01
English
26 Mb
lien01
English
6 Gb
lien01
English
59 Mb
lien01
English
569 Mb
lien01
English
46 Mb
lien01
English
305 Mb
lien01

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Can the internet be shut down? YES

Anything and everything is possible. You see Heaven is my home and someday I will return home. Don't believe me? Were not concerned about that, because we have always known that one. Your world was only given the name Jesus Christ and his time frame, yet your scriptures speak of us. Oh, I am the only one presently living in your world. I was born in your world just like you all were. Why am I here? Too give the truth to those that seek it.

To you fools that are waiting for Jesus to return. He came and went a long time ago. Like he told those people in scripture. He spoke to them and NOT YOU. You were to listen and follow the Lord Jesus Christ and NOT THE TEACHINGS OF MAN. The greatest mystery of ALL. FIND it in your new testament and understand what in means. ONE of the last things the LORD JESUS CHRIST did was to unlock the scriptures before he was lifted up to heaven and left your world. First to the disciples... then to all others that loved him and followed JESUS BUT when you made a decision to follow the teachings of MAN you had the scriptures locked to you so you cannot understand and you cannot understand the book of revelations. OH you "return of Jesus saga people" you can undo that one, you fools. BUt when you die and believe not in the lord and listened and followed the teachings of man you will be LOST forever. "The return of Jesus Saga" has always played out in your world and this will always continue in, for this is a world with out end. GET use to it because your all in it for the long haul.

Leave the athesists and the nonbelievers alone you foolish Christians for they have not been brainwashed into believing false doctrines. For they have a much easier time learning the truth.

Go ahead call Katie crazy, we know that. I know I am off topic but don't ask me why I am writing this, God only knows. Yes the internet can be shut down I know that for a fact. I am not here to judge any of you people. I am real and I am very real, we never left any of you alone. But I have to live and hide among you. I will now be quiet again and hide.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jameshawkings

people will already be making firewalls, all sorts of defences for this, and there are already virus's that can do this, and many have been in operation for years, and they have failed, but maybe im wrong, maybe this will work, in the end what can we do, except for hope for the best, and defend ourself for what is going to happen.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by millitaryagent15

Or just set up physical servers out of their jurisdiction and set up secure information routes that are out of their control.

That's the most fool-proof way, though large chunks of the net could still be lost.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by millitaryagent15

Or just set up physical servers out of their jurisdiction and set up secure information routes that are out of their control.

Actually, any spot of land that the States have not granted to the Feds for their official use is outside of their jurisdiction. Places like military basses, Federal Administration buildings in most major cities & the like are lands granted to the Feds...Also, Possessions & Territories like Guam & the Phillipines are under Federal jurisdiction.

But don't think that alone will stop them from trying to physically send troops if they take a mind to...The current sitting government in DC are already criminal impostors in illegal occupation of government offices, so don't think a few other laws are going to be sufficient to halt them in their tracks. In these days, those troops are likely to be of foreign origins, like the mercenary groups & UN Troops, even though any troops at all are Constitutionally forbidden to act outside of the Constitution. The "protocol" of how it would happen is that they'd shoot first, then deal with their pet media later.

But you're also right that large chunks of the internet could still be brought down...I even said earlier that they may be able to cripple the net, but not kill it. Even so, there would be enough free communication left (or rebuilt) to be able to get out the news should any such slaughtering take place; They can't hide behind lies forever because many of their lies have already uncovered, even now.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Say the internet does go down, tragic? Not so much. Then thats just another thing added to the list of proofs that conspiracy theorists such as ourselves can add. The meeting at the watertowers idea is a good one, especially if you live in town. If everyone decides to go outside and stand on the sidewalk then eventually we can all accumulate.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
the internet isn't stored in one place, its so vast i think it would be impossible for even an army of hackers to take over the internet as a whole.

the only way i see the internet going down is if Internet Service Providers are told to turn it off.

there are only hundreds (maybe thousands) of ISP company's however your looking at billions possibly trillions of websites hosted on hundreds of thousands of servers.

quite the task.

[edit on 12/19/2009 by Alaskan Man]

The Feds I'm sure have considered all the ways and means of shutting down the Internet. A couple years ago my ISP (Verizon) dropped/censored most of the newsgroups, I also occasionally get error messages from them when sending email with the lame excuse my message has a potential virus attached when in fact I'm always uptodate with Norton, I know Verizon would shut down the access to the Internet in a heartbeat if asked to do so by the Feds.

According to Clif High of Halfpasthuman.com he has stated that the shutdown of the Internet is one of the predictions in his most recent data. I purchased a handheld Ham Radio expressly for the purpose of circumventing the Feds BS, these nutjobs are running wild on us I'm afraid and what they fail to realize is the populace far out numbers whatever they plan to throw at us.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katie
Can the internet be shut down? YES

Go ahead call Katie crazy, we know that. I know I am off topic but don't ask me why I am writing this, God only knows. Yes the internet can be shut down I know that for a fact.

You are completely wrong in ALL aspects of your argument. Had you read the posts previously and understood them, you would not be making such claims.

As far as the religious drivel goes, there are many threads here refuting your position.

..Ex

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jameshawkings

If the internet is ever taken down, how hard would it be to reach out to local community, just like we used to do before we had the internet? How did people ever survive (or looked busy at work) before the internet?

I would worry if they take our water, food, gas or electricity when we need it most. Those would take a whole lot longer to adjust to living without than the internet.

They cannot take away radio frequencies, so if you are so concerned about remaining communicated, get a radio license and your own radio.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

l think the biggest thing to be concerned about from a missing internet is the fact of our lifestyles being abrupted.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join