It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Internet will be taken down when we need it most

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious
reply to post by Jezus

I'm not saying that, you're putting words in my mouth. Do you seriously think it would be possible to close the ENTIRE internet in one sweep?

I'm out, call it defeating me, but I call it total ignorance and denying of anything rational.

And about EMP's... I'm not denying the power such a weapon, I just think it's HIGHLY irrelevant in relevance with this topic. It's almost like you're throwing everything against me. Would the parts of the internet go down if a massive earthquake hit? Yes, likely it would.

I'm out of this thread, you guys are #ing ignorant.

I didn't say they could destroy the "entire" internet.

But they could disable a large majority of the information from a large majority of the population.

I'm not saying it will happen.
I'm not saying it would be easy.

But if powerful people wanted it the internet to go away, it would.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I figure if you take out the power 90% of people wont have the net -- If infrastructure were to break down even a little it would be easy for user outages to occur.

The Internet is a large part of the sword we are wielding against whatever is out there against us and it would be easy to wrestle out of our hands.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

There's tons of things a global power could do...limiting/destroying the use of data lines, satellites, energy sources....even unconventional use of modern warfare against the general populace ie massive EMP bombardment of key target areas....

I like how ATS'ers will rant about aliens, HAARP, NWO, mind-control, time-travel....all that jazz....and then when it comes to something like...THE INTERNET..."there is no conspiracy, it can never be stopped"....give me a break.

When they want it limited, it will be limited, like our freedoms. And when they want it GONE, it will be GONE, like our FREEDOMS.....

But for now I think it is serving THEIR purpose more than they ever thought it would.

A2D

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
there is no doubt/ i often neef to look uo vital info, especially as pertins to swine flu and RIFID implwnts, and i often can't ebvsude suddenly my internet;s gone down. i don't think it's a coincidence really that we're uncovering th truth bit by bnit ansd then we go to post it and the psge has timed out. gmafb.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Do you need to disable internet : when you can create big web site such as facebook... when you allready control all media : and when you can create noise ...

NOTHING CHANGE :

WHAT WOULD YOU NEED TO BE ELECTED ?

THE SAME OLD F* HOPE : and promissess.

NOTHING CHANGE.

THey don't want YOU to become free : so the actual system ( where you have no direct power over the politic, and economic choices ) must stay right here.

You know what : create your freedom, create a system where we don't need us, live free : if we all become adult : their power will disapear.

(but they will react before dying : if they don't have the power : they, the elite, die :: that mean you should be prepared).

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
"if you take out the power..."

yea yea we've seen die hard 4 we know what a fire sale is. however, ...damn, I was going to say my psp would still work and has internet but no router O_o we're screwed, save everything now before its too late?

also, as shown in the film die hard 4, phones and satalites could do the trick if you are hacker boy genius. which unfortunatly im not, plus I don't want to deorbit ISS by accident so i'm not going to attempt it. but a proper tutorial would be nice...but then its probably illegal, but then everything is illegal..................but we can mass protest and they will listen [sarcasm] but O_O *implosion* (due to lose lose situation.)

...unless anyone can think of a better idea? i'd get HAM radio but thats regulated so much I don't understand the callsigns never mind how to use one, what I could legally do with one, maybe a resistance HAM drum and bass station, like three dog or something, (if)when the time comes.

...so if they did a fire sale, unless some smart die hard 4 watching fbi agent realises whats happening we're all boned.

also after watching every episode of prison break I am convinced they based the company on the cia or one of its fronts, with frightful realism. (wasn't til about a month ago I read that one of our guys [UK] saw a cia tourture camp in which they did unspeakable things with bottles, yea, we know your no good. mi5 and the SAS would pwn you too
)

.........well, i'm aware of remote transistor destruction happening before so its very possible. (refering to the area 51 call to coast where the transistor blew up according to art and they we're running on backup power. the words "discharged" we're neither art nor the caller, which you can clearly hear because hes balling his eyes out. I assume discharged is relative to EMP in this case?)

but yea before I get a sniper lining up the shot ima leave this here and congratulate you for discovering how to destroy society, at least I can't think of a counter measure to power outage, comms down, net down, phones down, traffic lights? down, if police arnt in on it and I assume most arn't they will be panicing aswell, hospitals, anything thats on the grid, which I believe is why people are so adamant about making a water fuel cell because its water, its easy to find for us, it cost nothing if you find a river, but is it even worth going to the trouble if the comms will be down anyway? pretty sure isp's don't have backup generators that run on petrol/water/wood/crank?? never mind the phone companies but yea snipers stopping, I think the time for research is over, we must do something, anything.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Sure, nobody can hack the entire internet. That's not the point. The point is, and a legitimate concern is, all of the major companies that can cut off your internet access are all illuminati owned and operated.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychederic
You know what : create your freedom, create a system where we don't need us, live free : if we all become adult : their power will disapear.

Good post i doubt they will do anything to the net like that either.

Also people get stuck into the system too easy, from childhood with santa to die you die, you all are stuck in the system, no matter how you try to break it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
What you fail to understand is we dont need the internet. its a fairly new invention. where crime has been around for millenia. they need the internet we just need wake up and reclaim our way our heritage.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Anti-Evil]

This is EXACTLY what I was about to post. People need to realize that the 'net is amazing as an information gathering tool and communication device we are losing our knowledge regarding analog recording of information (writing/bookbinding/storytelling) and we are losing our ability to interact with one another on a personal level.

Let's cultivate these things as quickly as possible, and we won't have to RELY on the internet, much less fear it's untimely demise.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yeah, this is a weird incident. I dont use Twitter, but wonder is thie a rival attack or even as said, a false flag event.

A tidy topic i noticed on another site, was stating the safty of the net.

crossingpointoflight.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
That would be convenient to big brother if we the people couldn't communicate.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Jay Rockefeller (same family behind the WHO and hence the pandemic and toxic vaccine) wants the Internet shut down

Senate bills No. 773 and 778, introduced by Sen. Jay Rockefeller

Jay Rockefeller is next in line to David Rockefeller's throne

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What a lying POS snake.

NO ONE will listen to you poster, we're too busy paying our bills online, getting the "free" health care, and integrating ourselves into the Matrix.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join