It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autism Jumps 57% in Just 4 Years!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23

Originally posted by houman

I feel almost, kind of sure that this can't be due to thimerosal in the vaccines or fluoride in the water. I mean, I don't have any reasoning whatsoever for my belief other than the data from CDC reports that were said to be falsified.
Plus...
If that was true, then autism would mimic the signs of heavy metal poisoning....

Oh snap, it does mimic heavy metal poisoning.

signs of heavy metal toxicity

Looks like I am wrong.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Josephus23]

Watch this
video.google.com...
and
this
www.youtube.com...

Houman

I am hoping that you caught my extreme sarcasm regarding this issue.

I am a Psych. major and I basically battled the entire class regarding thimerosal and fluoride in the drinking water causing learning disorders.

The problem lies with an individual's genetic predisposition regarding their ability to process heavy metals.
Some can and some can't, but the body most assuredly has a point at which it will become saturated and even people that can normally process and release heavy metals through sweat and urine will be susceptible to heavy metal toxicity.

And if said individuals are still developing...

Well I think it's fairly easy to put 2 and 2 together.

The reason that I posted the link to heavy metal toxicity is because I wanted people to see exactly how similar the symptoms of heavy metal toxicity and autism spectrum disorder are.

Also....

The government conceded one case regarding vaccines causing autism.
Here is a link:

Government concedes vaccine/autism case

The government has already set up a special investigation committee regarding this issue and a special "vaccine court".

Methinks that they know that they dropped the ball on this one. It is only time until this and several other "extremely hot button issues" make it into the scope of the general public.

If they dropped the ball on it they might as well come clean so people can figure out how to best help these young people. Instead of trying to say it can't possibly be that just admit it and move on

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Examiner Bio
Study links the ingredient Thimerosal in H1N1 vaccine to brain injury

www.examiner.com... njury

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnFyre

I'm sorry that was actually sarcasm.

It's almost impossibe to avoid these things in our society and it's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Don't vaccinate your kids and they contract said virus and you're a bad parent. Vaccinate them and they end up Autistic and that's your bad luck.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is similar to the sudden onset in the eighties of the diagnosis, ADD/ADHD, bipolar and other such crap.
Read toxic Psychiatry by Breggin then come to the table to talk about psychiatric diagnoses and the treatment plan proscribing pills for us.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutumnFyre

Originally posted by houman

I feel almost, kind of sure that this can't be due to thimerosal in the vaccines or fluoride in the water. I mean, I don't have any reasoning whatsoever for my belief other than the data from CDC reports that were said to be falsified.
Plus...
If that was true, then autism would mimic the signs of heavy metal poisoning....

Oh snap, it does mimic heavy metal poisoning.

signs of heavy metal toxicity

Looks like I am wrong.

Watch this
video.google.com...
and
this
www.youtube.com...

Houman

I am hoping that you caught my extreme sarcasm regarding this issue.

I am a Psych. major and I basically battled the entire class regarding thimerosal and fluoride in the drinking water causing learning disorders.

The problem lies with an individual's genetic predisposition regarding their ability to process heavy metals.
Some can and some can't, but the body most assuredly has a point at which it will become saturated and even people that can normally process and release heavy metals through sweat and urine will be susceptible to heavy metal toxicity.

And if said individuals are still developing...

Well I think it's fairly easy to put 2 and 2 together.

The reason that I posted the link to heavy metal toxicity is because I wanted people to see exactly how similar the symptoms of heavy metal toxicity and autism spectrum disorder are.

Also....

The government conceded one case regarding vaccines causing autism.
Here is a link:

Government concedes vaccine/autism case

The government has already set up a special investigation committee regarding this issue and a special "vaccine court".

Methinks that they know that they dropped the ball on this one. It is only time until this and several other "extremely hot button issues" make it into the scope of the general public.

If they dropped the ball on it they might as well come clean so people can figure out how to best help these young people. Instead of trying to say it can't possibly be that just admit it and move on

I am totally with you 100%.
I think that the government should come clean, but imagine for a second that they did.

Imagine the economic fallout, and guess who pays?

The taxpayer.

We are getting really manhandled by our government and that is putting it lightly. We need to start investigating this stuff and instead of holding the government blindly accountable, we need to go after individuals who are complicit in this cover up and start sending people to jail and seizing all of their assets.

The worst thing that could happen in this situation is for the "government" to concede the cases, because it is not the government that caused the problems, but big pharma and individuals inside our government.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutumnFyre
reply to post by Josephus23

it's more common in boys but I have twins who are girls who have it. So then my question becomes if it's more common in boys why do I have girls who suffer this horrid illness? And why do people treat them like they have the plague? I don't know if anyone else has ever felt shunned due to their experiences with autism.

Yep, people don't understand and our kids look "normal". When my son was in early intervention, all us parents noticed that our children were all taller than normal. That added to the problem -- they're 3, act like they're 1 and look like they're 5! We joked about having tshirts made up that said "I'm 3, I'm autistic, deal with it!".

I ordered these cards from TACA
www.talkaboutcuringautism.org...
Then if someone gives me grief, I give them the 1 eyebrow up look, hand them a card and walk away.

BTW I was surprised to find that a gluten free diet DID help my son tremendously.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
My wife has worked as a speech pathologist with austistic children and adults for 20 years. There is certainly a genetic component. She has found that one or both of the parents tend to people who work in mathmatic and scientific fields.

That includes engineers, pilots, surveyors and science teachers. We discuss this topic often and are never surprised when the parents come from those fields.

In these days of computer dating, more couples tend to share the same interests. The genetic mixing is not near as random as it was in the 60's and 70's.

Thomas Sowell wrote a book about children like his son - late talkers, late potty trainers, fascinated with puzzles - called Late Talking Children. He points out it's not a scientific study since all the parents that filled out the questionnaires self selected by responding to a column he wrote about his own son. One of the things they found was the the families had a high prevalence of engineers, accountants, scientists, artists, musicians, computer programmers just off the top of my head.

In my family I'm an accountant, my hubby and FIL are electrical engineers. My dad is a programmer, my mom designed circuit board layouts. My hubby's grandparents included 2 artists. My grandparents included a TV repair business and a grandfather who could play any instrument you handed him. My kiddo never had a chance!

There has been a "hot spot" of aspergers and autism in Silicon Valley. We referred to it as the "geek syndrome" - us geeks get together and have kids who are super geeks.

You'll have to excuse me, I've found that if I don't find some humor in the situation, I'd be crying in my beer, if I drank beer.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Interesting articles...

So much for eugenics...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fockewulf190
reply to post by vkey08

Do I really need to dredge up the masses of information showing that the majority of children affected by autism do not have IQs higher than 100? I´ll pick out one of the easier links and then wait for your highly informed response.

www.patient.co.uk...

What is the IQ (intelligence) of children with autism?

Most children with autism have a low IQ. Around 7 in 10 have an IQ level below 70 which is low enough to be classed as 'learning difficulty'. (The average IQ of the normal population is 100.) Some children with autism have normal, or even high, intelligence.

Hmm, just guess I'm on a roll today. One of the reasons autistic kids test so poorly on IQ tests is that IQ tests are language based. Hmm, what is the main problem of a child with autism? Language.

I insisted that my child be tested with the Raven test which is non-verbal. You can give it to any child in any language to get an idea of their thinking. My son scored 45 on the regular WISC IQ test. He scored in the 130s on the Raven test. He's mainstreamed with an aide and is getting all As and Bs. His biggest problem? They have to work around things like essays. For example, on a science test, he could not explain in sentences how an electronic circuit worked. He could, however, diagram, label and answer questions about how they work. He's a very smart child, but if we relied on the standard IQ test, he would be considered retarded.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Pretty simple really. More diagnosis means more cases.
In the past it went undiagnosed or was assigned another illness, now the medicos are better able to understand and diagnose it. That's all.
Cue Jenny McCarthy....

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Of course the reports of increased cases of autism don't compare numbers for other problems with similar symptoms. Some are likely to be down significantly or even eliminated.

A doctor was once explaining to me how he could bill the socialized medicine system for treating a specified list of disorders. No such thing as "undetermined"

As I said before, "autism" and "schizophrenia" have increasingly become catch-all diagnoses for "don't know"

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It could be thousands of things. I think there is something there with the vaccines. Also could be the processed food and all the additives we eat, if you look at the diet of a toddler now compared to 10, 20, or 30 years ago and you see all this crap they are consuming.

Also, have they looked at the age of parents? New parents are older these days compared to parents who had kids 30 years ago, alot of people having kids up to their 50's now, maybe that has something to do with it.

Or it could be that people are being diagnosed with autism when previously they weren't......guess what that is part of the reason (read the studies) but it is notoriously difficult to determine the exact numbers.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Or it could be that people are being diagnosed with autism when previously they weren't......guess what that is part of the reason (read the studies) but it is notoriously difficult to determine the exact numbers.

This is what I was going to say...
...What doctors are calling "Autism" today was being diagnosed as something else prior (or not being diagnosed as anything).

Doctors now have a more specific definition of "Autism", and with that more specific definition, it is more likely that a doctor today will diagnose a problem as being Autism.

Diagnosis is based on observed behavior and can thus be very subjective (not based on a "blood test" or something more objective). Therefore, behavior in slightly autistic children that was often overlooked in the past is now being diagnosed as autism.

Symptoms such as repetitive motions (hand flapping) or compulsive behavior (arranging objects in a straight line or stacking objects) were not diagnosed as autism in the past.

[edit on 12/20/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yabby
Pretty simple really. More diagnosis means more cases.
In the past it went undiagnosed or was assigned another illness, now the medicos are better able to understand and diagnose it. That's all.
Cue Jenny McCarthy....

I am sorry, but this argument does not hold water and the reason being is the same reason you guys use to refute the data.

Correlation does not equal causation.

The rise in cases might correlate to a rise in better diagnoses, but that does not mean that better diagnoses are the reason for the rise in cases.
You seem like you understand science fairly well.
Thus, you will understand why your assumption falls prey to the directional fallacy.

The backbone for the current argument relating vaccines and heavy metal toxicity to ASD is that certain individuals within the CDC have conspired to keep the actual information from public view.

Now regarding the other comment...

Autism Spectrum Disorder, as well as Schizophrenia, is very real, but trying to equate the two are like equating apples and oranges.
The rise in the rate of ASD diagnoses DWARFS whatever rise in the rate of Schizophrenia diagnoses might be present.
(all of my data shows that there has been no rise in the prevalence of Schizophrenia diagnoses)

I am well aware that Doctors do not get paid unless they make a diagnosis, but for these two to be "catch all" diagnoses, as you have stated, they would have to both show a rise in proportion and ratio to the other. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

The prevalence rate of schizophrenia in a given population has stayed at a steady 1% for several years now.

Do you see why your arguments are invalid?

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Josephus23]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Diagnosis is based on observed behavior and can thus be very subjective (not based on a "blood test" or something more objective). Therefore, behavior in slightly autistic children that was often overlooked in the past is now being diagnosed as autism. Symptoms such as repetitive motions (hand flapping) or compulsive behavior (arranging objects in a straight line or stacking objects) were not diagnosed as autism in the past.

This is based on an assumption. One that is not valid, mind you.
See directional fallacies. Previous Post.

You are basing your belief on anecdotal evidence only.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It all seems to be linked to vaccines. Injection alone sounds like a bad idea, not even including side affects. The Pharma devil already has medication for sanity, they term it as paranoia though.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fruitybooty

I agree that some cases are linked to Vaccines.

I have worked with Autistic adults for years and many of their families believe that they noticed huge changes (especially in behaviour & speech/communication ) in their children just after they had their Vaccinations at around 2-3 years old.

However, some parents have said they have noticed their child being "different" as young as 6 months old.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Skyline666]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I have three sons. Two are mildly "austistic" and one 'hyperactive" (LD)

We came at the beginning (late seventies) of this epidemic.

I secrectly thiink it is enviromental posioning.

Fact 1) I planned my pregancies
Fact 2) had a excellent diet of natural foods, no booze or coffee.
Fact 3) Excellent medical care
Fact 4) Did everything down to the letter of what I was told would produce healthy children.
Fact 5) Read and exercise all physicogical principles "I love you but I don't like what you did".
Fact 6) At the time (late 70's early 80's) If you were a "responsible / loving" parent you made sure your kids were up on all their vaccinations.

My husband and I got the shi% end of the gene stick. Somewhere, something went wrong. I have friends that at the same time did not work as hard at parenting as us and their kids ended up "okay".

I honestly believe it is enviromental pollution and my mother being treated with radiation for her tonsillectomy during the early 1900's.

Radiation will affect your dna forever...................keep that in mind and file this one fact away.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This is called the depop agenda. They can do whatever they want to because they are the government. They will investigate whatever they want to because they have the power and the money. They have the power and the money because YOU gave it to them, or let them steal it from you which is the same thing

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We first ran into this problem when my son at 2 got his dpt as a shot in the leg and couldn't walk after. A few years later they decided he must have Lou Gehrig disease and probably wouldn't live very long. We took him to Mayo clinic and Shriners but they couldn't figure out, or wouldn't tell us, what was wrong. He still gets problems with it in cold weather but at least he didn't die. He never got married because he believed he had a genetic problem. We have bad genes in our family? These criminals always try to make you think it's your fault and not only that but that you are inferior. You are genetically inferior. It's time people said, I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more!
It's the same people and the same agenda. The got control of the medical industry early on and perverted it to their purpose. It's time to get out from under this medical tyranny

[edit on 20-12-2009 by m khan]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join