It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autism Jumps 57% in Just 4 Years!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Autism Jumps 57% in Just 4 Years!

www.webmd.com

"Two decades ago we were looking at a prevalence of one in 5,000 children. Now we're looking at one in 100. That really is a staggering increase," Geraldine Dawson, PhD, chief science officer of advocacy group Autism Speaks, tells WebMD. Dawson said the new numbers justify a huge increase in federal spending on research and treatment.

"The question is what will it take for the federal government to begin to respond to this crisis," Dawson says. "President Obama during the election campaign made a promise that there would be a billion dollars spent every year on finding the causes of autism. We feel this kind of data coming from a CDC study really requires that level of response."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This is something that MUST be looked at, and looked at quickly IMHO.

What is causing this? Anyone want to hazard a guess? Is there anyone who thinks this is NOT due to something that we are being subjected to?

I am going to come right out and say it---I believe these so called "vaccination" protocols, and primarily some of the latest carrier constituents they are embedding them with as delivery mediums, things such as squalene and perhaps more copious amount of mercury, may well be in fact behind this EXPLOSION of children being diagnosed with autism.

The CDC might want to start this examination by looking into the pharmaceutical companies peddling this garbage, with at the very best, LACKADAISICAL safety trials.

This is something to keep a very close eye on people...

www.webmd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I read in another thread that the cause may be linked to hydrolyzed gelatin.

If the link is solid then the Pharma industry must of done something to the hydrolyzed gelatin in the last four years. Maybe they started using an inferior batch or relaxed the safety guards for refining hydrolyzed gelatin?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thats a staggering increase.

I blame the chemicals in foods, with the likes of cancers on the increase (even in animals). Tuma's etc...

I know cancer and autism arent closley related at all but they are both problems caused in the human body by chemicals from foods IMO, (And also other daily things we do now that didn't use to be done involving chemicals which we somehow injest).
To sum up, If we ate and delt with less chemicals in our lives then these problems will go away or lessen dramatically.

Sorry i can't be bothered backing it with evidence... but in sure some legend will put some time in on a valid answer.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by GallopingFish]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It could be thousands of things. I think there is something there with the vaccines. Also could be the processed food and all the additives we eat, if you look at the diet of a toddler now compared to 10, 20, or 30 years ago and you see all this crap they are consuming.

Also, have they looked at the age of parents? New parents are older these days compared to parents who had kids 30 years ago, alot of people having kids up to their 50's now, maybe that has something to do with it.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I really doubt actual autism is on the rise, I think doctors are just getting lazy and diagnosing the symptoms as autism simply because they really don't know what else to call it.
It's become the catch all diagnosis, but I agree that this needs to be looked at closely.
We may be loooking at new conditions and diseases that resemble autism.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm no doctor, but I too suspect that it is related to the various chemicals we have all around us. Not just in our food, but on our clothes, our carpets, our walls, our cars, our books, all the way down to your pillows -- saturated completely with chemicals which are probably poorly understood in terms of long-term exposure in human children and second/third/etc generational effects.

It's pretty sad, if you ask me. Don't expect big business to ever admit their harming people, though.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I think that nowadays doctors are better able to understand what autism is. Thus the increase. Back when our parents and grandparents were raising children, the autistic ones tended to die earlier. They weren't called autistic then. They were called simple. (no offense intended)

Also; back then children walked to school by themselves and went outside to play by themselves. They didn't have a constant supervisor. So I think its a combination of sociological issues as well as modern doctors being able to analyze the kids better.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
i absolutely agree about vaccination. its UNBELIEVABLE there is no government study on a possible correlation between vaccines and SIDS, autism and the multitude of " it just happens" diseases.
in fact there is a deathly silence from government concerning that possible link. after much research and debate my wife and i did not vaccinate our 3 children.
why the hell does a newborn need a hep-b shot??? which is uaually transfered through bodily fluid exchange, needles, piercing or tattoing...i can compare my 3 kids to their cousins all which have recieved the full vaccine schedule and my kids are NEVER sick! compared to theirs which get every goddamn germ and bug going around.
my belief is that vaccination achieves a 3-fold purpose....1. it culls the human race 2. it limits our full mental capabilities 3. it generates a billion dollar pharmaceutical inustry
vaccination has a long and glorious history of fraud and imcompetence...but mainly fraud...sv40 anyone?, rotorshield a vaccine which was rushed to market by the FDA without proper testing, caused fatalities and illness, pulled of the shelves within months and then it was discovered that FDA members had financial ties to the rotorshield manufactures.
when my first child was not vaccinated the state health services sent multiple letters and stressed that we would not receive the immunization bonus of $250 payable if kids were fully vaccinated by 2 yrs. that is a SH*T LOAD of mercury to be pumping into little kids...heres a good read over at nexus-magazine..... www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
No in fact foods or groundair chemicals arent to blame i blame 2 factors i know some parents take there children for shots.

the causes of autism is very simple.

1:Vaccines causing untreatable damage to the lungs or something in between, if i recall they have found a link between Autism and Vaccines i dont remember but i do know there is a thread about that here at ATS, search for it, or ask a mod if he or she might remember.

2.Chemtrails: Well well what do we have here??? and yet the media tells the sheeps the contrails are really safe!
NOT true, contrails arent safe at all, if you haven't noticed where you live, you might noticed animal life will either stop or go hidden until the air is clean again, also

the birds stop singing when chemtrails start rolling, i am sure most of you already know that.

I doubt food is the caused of autism.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
never mind!

[edit on 18-12-2009 by On the Edge]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

From The Environmental Illness Resource

www.ei-resource.org...

Autism may be Linked to Electromagnetic Radiation Levels In Mother’s Bedroom During Pregnancy:
electromagnetichealth.org...

Report Claims Link Between Autism and Mobile Phones:
www.cellular-news.com...

Research by Tamara Mareia, CCN and George Carlo, M.D., on correlation between autism, cell phones, and wireless computers:
www.internalbalance.com...

WiFi and EM Radiation - The Rest of the Autism Story:
www.naturalnews.com...

How Cell Phones May Cause Autism:
articles.mercola.com...

Olmsted on Autism: 1 in 10,000 Amish
www.ageofautism.com...

U.S. doctor links radio waves from cell phone towers to cancer, Azheimer’s, senility, dementia, Parkinson’s and Autism:
www.avaate.org...

The Dark Side of Cell Phone Technology
www.rense.com...

The Environmental Illness Resource
is very wrong on every link you have posted.
just so you know

Environmental Illness Resource is a gov trusted source, why trust them?

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Mercury

The toxicity of mercury has never been in question. The real question is precisely how much mercury-laced thimerosal is toxic, and what are the possible consequences for our children at low doses?

Thimerosal

Thimerosal is the preservative of choice for vaccine manufacturers. First introduced by Eli Lilly and Company in the late 1920s and early 1930s. Thimerosal contains 49.6 percent mercury by weight and is metabolized or degraded into ethylmercury and thiosalicylate. Mercury, or more precisely, ethylmercury, is the principle agent that kills contaminants. Unfortunately, mercury also kills much more than that

Vaccines, I would say are causing this spike in autism. If anyone can find the clip of David Icke talking about it, its a good one to listen to.

Little kids are being Vaccined like crazy these days therefore their Mercury levels are way higher than years gone by.

Do the Drug companies etc know, i'm sure they most likely do. But, whos gonna say anything, its where their profit comes from.

www.naturalnews.com...

Al very interesting and important stuff, but if you want to read a very , very interesting document, please read this -

www.lawyersandsettlements.com...

Due to the flooding of special education classrooms, along with the rising medical costs of treating injured children, local taxes will soon go through the roof, at which time the public will be forced to face the unthinkable truth about the poisoned generation

Before the age of two in this country, children receive at least 20 injections involving twelve diseases. By the time they reach first grade, they have had at least 24 vaccinations, if they are in compliance with the CDC's 2005 Immunization Schedule

But it gets worse. Over the past 15 years, the vaccine scheme has resulted in a full-circle cycle of profits for the pharmaceutical industry. After poisoning an entire generation, drug companies are now making record profits from drugging their victims

I could quote that website all night. Its sickening and it makes me ashamed to be human.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
A couple of things have led to increased diagnoses of autism. First the definition of autism has expanded to become Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) so some children (like my BIL) who were merely thought to be smart but really odd and spoke late are now considered autistic. There's better training of doctors so they're catching many kids earlier, which is good because the earlier the intervention the better the outcome. There's the increased awareness of parents. Now some studies I've seen that have taken all that into account still can't explain about 40% of the increase. The 1st cause will really cause the number of ASD cases to increase since the new DSM is lumping Aspergers, PDD_NOS and one other into ASD.

My son is autistic, but he gets it honestly through old fashioned genetics. He was not a regressive case. Once we knew what to look for it was evident that Aspies are prevalent on both sides of the family. For the children who are regressive - developing normally until 18 months or so, then losing speech - there has got to be something else to it. IMHO I believe it's either the entire vaccine load, something in the vaccines beyond the thimerisol (which has been removed) or something like a virus. There was a study done on identical twins where only 1 twin was autistic. Researchers found differences in the RNA of the twins. Something like that could be caused by a virus.

I do not believe it's doctors using it as a catch-all diagnosis. Most doctors are very reluctant to diagnosis autism. It took us 17 months, multiple tests and a second opinion to get an "official" diagnosis.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

From The Environmental Illness Resource

www.ei-resource.org...

Autism may be Linked to Electromagnetic Radiation Levels In Mother’s Bedroom During Pregnancy:
electromagnetichealth.org...

Report Claims Link Between Autism and Mobile Phones:
www.cellular-news.com...

Research by Tamara Mareia, CCN and George Carlo, M.D., on correlation between autism, cell phones, and wireless computers:
www.internalbalance.com...

WiFi and EM Radiation - The Rest of the Autism Story:
www.naturalnews.com...

How Cell Phones May Cause Autism:
articles.mercola.com...

Olmsted on Autism: 1 in 10,000 Amish
www.ageofautism.com...

U.S. doctor links radio waves from cell phone towers to cancer, Azheimer’s, senility, dementia, Parkinson’s and Autism:
www.avaate.org...

The Dark Side of Cell Phone Technology
www.rense.com...

I could not agree any more with this.
I think cell phones are absolute poison for humans and I believe they not only cause autism but anxiety and panic attacks. You can see that the correlation between all of them and cell use is staggering.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

Totally agree aswell. Cellphones are not good. You know it can't be good if it gives out exactly the same radiation as a microwave but on a smaller scale...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
my thoughts on this could go two ways I think the shots have a big part to play in it. As when I was a child I didn't get a chicken pox shot but now they strongly suggest getting it. I think it is on the rise cause almost every town you go to you find someone in the town has the illness. I don't think changing diet will really help as autistic kids have a specific diet. How do I know? I've got small kids with the diagnoses. They can't eat a "normal meal". It's very specific to what they like. I do agree that some doctors are lazy. There are tests though that can be run things in the brain that will determine if you have it. Which is why most kids are sent to neurologists. I'm not sure they will ever pin point it. Plus there are many misconceptions about autism and how to interact with someone with the illness. I think they should educate others on how to treat them. People with Autism are very intelligent to say the least. It's the social skills that lack.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I have a nephew who is autistic and has some amazing abilities, in fact he has as many amazing abilities as he does disabilities.

He can tell you exact times and dates of every family member's birth, he literally is a human calculator, his memory is uncanny, he is blind and can play a piano better than anyone I have ever seen or heard play. When he was very young.. When he began walking he was always clapping his hands, and in time he seemed to get around too well for a blind child, that was when we realized that he was using echolocation, the reflected sounds from his clapping were creating some kind of image and locations of walls and doors, steps etc. He is doing well for a child his age in many areas now, but he does not seem to have any emotions at all, and his social skills are nil. For nearly every amazing ability he has, there seems to be some disability.

I've wondered about the possible connection to vaccines, also I read once some fringe theory about this being some kind of evolution process.

I really believe autism in all of its forms are one of the greatest mysteries and I too believe this needs to be investigated more than has been.

A jump of 57% in five years, if true, is very alarming.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If autism is up by that much in that short a span of time it is only because the medical lobby has discovered they can now make even more money treating the illness that they caused in the first place.

Set 'em up. And knock 'em down.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Multifactorial and a per case basis. So people shouldn't jump on the opinion and anecdotal evidence from websites. Somewhere there's a website that will claim anything you want to believe.

As already stated the increased number is primarily due to the broadening and inclusion of the entire spectrum instead of classic autism.

A catch-all for MDs now - anyone with some symptoms is classified as autistic. Schizophrenia went through a similar expansion in the 90s.

Find out what the root cause of the diagnoses autism or symptoms are. Any site just giving broad generalizations can be more misleading than useful.

M

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join