It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autism Jumps 57% in Just 4 Years!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

wow, thats amazing!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

OOPS! I hadn't checked! I had checked individual sites that did say there is a link,and when I found this one,I assumed it was just a nice collection to present!

I apologize!

Still,the connection is there between the neurological damage and electromagnetic waves,from cell phones,towers,etc..

Add that to the damage from vaccines,and it's a tragedy,one that had to be known of ahead of time!

Thanks for the correction!

(Then someone else implied they were very good sites!...Now I know I shouldn't post when I'm overly tired! It's been a long day! G'nite!)

[edit on 18-12-2009 by On the Edge]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
autism is such a wide spectrum of theories on behaviur it just sadens to hear that people alienet them selfs from humanity with studies such as this.
to belive that society is mearly based Uuberhumans who can multitask is absurd, i wouldent even go as far as to say that we arent the "special" ones,
how ever i do agree that vaccines and diet might be root causes for unstable / inbalance in mind/brain another one is society it self with the need for a "norm".

im not saying that there arent cases of proven braindamage in relation to the diet/vaccination aspect im mearly saying that shock of society as we know it might just aswell lead to long term trauma.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I am horrified by this statistic, but not surprised.

I have always believed that we pump too much rubbish into our kids and this has got to be one of the causes. And we don't only pump too much in physically, we also do mentally.

Maybe some children come into the world, take a look and a listen around, and think it is too horrible to even try and communicate.

So many relationships break down, so many children hear harsh words and witness physical violence. It is very sad for babies to have to bear this.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

What's causing it ? Modern parents, the modern environment, the modern school. Children need nature, grass, trees, earth to get dirty, friends to play with. That's how they "grow up" .I am not talking about gaining height.

www.spinninglobe.net... - about "education"

"The Great Indoors"

"The Continuum Concept" - book

"Perhaps as essential as the assumption of innate sociality in children and adults is a respect for each individual as his own proprietor. The notion of ownership of other persons is absent among the Yequana. The idea that this is "my child" or "your child" does not exist. Deciding what another person should do, no matter what his age, is outside the Yequana vocabulary of behaviors. There is great interest in what everyone does, but no impulse to influence – let alone coerce –anyone. A child's will is his motive force. There is no slavery – for how else can one describe imposing one's will on another and coercion by threat or punishment? The Yequana do not feel that a child's inferior physical strength and dependence upon them imply that they should treat him or her with less respect than an adult. No orders are given a child that run counter to his own inclinations as to how to play, how much to eat, when to sleep, and so on. But where his help is required, he is expected to comply instantly. Commands like "Bring some water!" "Chop some wood!" "Hand me that!" or "Give the baby a banana!" are given with the same assumption of innate sociality, in the firm knowledge that a child wants to be of service and to join in the work of his people. No one watches to see if the child obeys – there is no doubt of his will to cooperate. As the social animal he is, he does as he is expected without hesitation and to the very best of his ability"

"In our efforts to get children to behave in the ways we want we utilize methods of control, many of which are culturally condoned forms of violence. Based on our long-standing traditional belief that children are a form of property, we treat them as objects to be manipulated and molded in directions that will be comfortable for us. The strangest and most unrealistic part of our child rearing beliefs is that our antisocial and asocial behavior toward them is supposed to make them into loving social beings. We are unable to recognize that our violence (hitting, which includes spanking), sublimated violence (punishment, which includes isolation and the withdrawal of love and affection], and parental emotional detachment (discipline), all of which are intrinsic to our child rearing methods, become children's model for future relationships. Our children are chiefly influenced in their development by who we are in relation to them, not by who we think we are or who we pretend to be. Children who are reared in our conventional ways (many of which are identical to the ways convicts, prisoners of war, and slaves have been treated throughout history), learn from the way that they are treated by their parents that it is appropriate to harm other people, to be emotionally detached from the pain of others, and that it is perfectly all right to impose one's will on other people. In short they are instructed, by example, how to be a psychopathic personality or at least to behave as one."

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Don't vaccinate your kids,don't let them drink Fluoridated water, no artificial colours of flavours and no preservatives. Better steer away from sweets and processed foods too.

Easy!!! What's the problem?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

This is something that MUST be looked at, and looked at quickly IMHO.

I don't think anyone could disagree with this statement, although I think we should be looking at autism as a diagnostic phenomenon as well as a physical/neurological disorder. As several people have pointed out already, diagnostic criteria for autism-spectrum disorders have changed, and the increasing awareness of autism among the general public is no doubt leading to higher rates of both good diagnoses and possibly misdiagnoses.

A couple of personal observations on these matters: in the late 1980's my boyfriend worked as in-house staff at a residential program for adolescent and post-adolescent male autistics. At that time, I had never heard of autism, despite being a fairly well-read person with a long interest in various medical topics. Over the last several years, it has become virtually impossible not to know about autism; certainly if one follows pop medical news at all one is aware of what it is. This awareness probably leads to much higher rates of diagnosis.

Second, one of my cousins is the parent of a young girl (about 8 now I think) who was diagnosed as autistic when she was two. She is now fully integrated in school, and although she's still not the most outgoing or comfortable child I've ever seen, there is no comparison whatsoever to the boys I met back in the late 1980s at that residential facility.

I don't know if her diagnosis has been completely changed, or if she's still considered autism-spectrum, but I know that through very strict dietary planning and social therapy/support she went in a few short years from being almost totally noncommunicative to what appears to be (from an outsider's perspective) a completely normal little girl.

Now, certainly the fact that her condition improved so drastically with dietary change suggests that some part of it was due to or at least exacerbated by chemical compounds that she was being exposed to, whether those were artificial, natural (wheat for example), or processed (hydrolyzed gelatin for example).

I think that the search for a single causative agent is a problem, though. For many years it led alternative-medical thinkers to focus their energy on mercury, which has been pretty thoroughly ruled out, in my opinion, as a primary causative agent (more on this later in my post). I find the new information about hydrolyzed gelatin very compelling, although I haven't had time to really look into it. But certainly that's something that we are all exposed to much more than we would have been decades ago, through not only vaccinations but food products, other drugs, and (I believe) even vitamin/mineral supplements.

What is causing this? Anyone want to hazard a guess? Is there anyone who thinks this is NOT due to something that we are being subjected to?

Or subjecting ourselves to ...

I am going to come right out and say it---I believe these so called "vaccination" protocols, and primarily some of the latest carrier constituents they are embedding them with as delivery mediums, things such as squalene and perhaps more copious amount of mercury, may well be in fact behind this EXPLOSION of children being diagnosed with autism.

Except that the article you linked is using 2007 data to show a 57% increase in autism in 4 years; that is, since 2003. Thimerosal was removed from virtually all vaccines in 2002, so this most recent (and stunning) increase can't be blamed on thimerosal/mercury as far as I can figure.

The CDC might want to start this examination by looking into the pharmaceutical companies peddling this garbage, with at the very best, LACKADAISICAL safety trials.

And the big food corporations, with the various forms of processed and poisoned junk that they feed us with even less stringent safety trials ...

EDITING IN: a quick question that google didn't immediately give me an answer to. What has replaced thimerosal as a preservative in vaccines since 2001/2002? Anyone know? I know some vaccines are now "preservative-free" but others are just "thimerosal-free" which implies the presence of some other preservative to me?

[edit on 12/19/2009 by americandingbat]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

the problem with this in most states in the USA you don't vaccinate and you get in more trouble then it is worth. In order to attend schools at least in NY you need the vaccine, otherwise you could end up with social services at your door. You have to answer a line of questions if you don't vaccinate.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Possibly due to well- wishing your future babies into a jinxed existence. Something related to karma/ careful what you wish for.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Thimerosal was removed from virtually all vaccines in 2002, so this most recent (and stunning) increase can't be blamed on thimerosal/mercury as far as I can figure.

First, just because they say it, doesn't mean it's true. If they announced they have removed thimerosal as a preservative, look and see if they put in back in as a stabilizer. Or maybe the same poison is still in the vaccines under a different name, like vitamin M or something.

Second, it's possible kids are still injected with stuff that was manufactured before they officially removed mercury from vaccines.

Third, these kids might also be given flu shots, which as far as I know still contain copious quantities of mercury.

Fourth, an equally noxious subtance like formaldehyde or squalene might be used instead, with the same terrible results.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by starviego]

[edit on 19-12-2009 by starviego]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

Originally posted by americandingbat
Thimerosal was removed from virtually all vaccines in 2002, so this most recent (and stunning) increase can't be blamed on thimerosal/mercury as far as I can figure.

Second, it's possible kids are still injected with stuff that was manufactured before they officially removed mercury from vaccines.

Except that the last of the thimerosal-containing shots were past their expiration date sometime in 2003, so still before the rise this particular article is looking at. Yes, it's possible that some of those were given anyway at clinics or doctors' offices with poor quality control, but more likely in my opinion that they just got shipped overseas to third world countries and the American clinics bought whole new batches from the pharma companies. After all, it's the same pharma companies that make the new thimerosal-free shots as were making the old ones, so no skin off their backs to have people buy the new ones

Third, these kids might also be given flu shots, which as far as I know still contain copious quantities of mercury.

Some, not all, flu shots still contain thimerosal. But remember we're talking about a 57% increase in the last four years, so while mercury and thimerosal loads have been much reduced in vaccinations overall.

Fourth, an equally noxious subtance like formaldehyde or squalene might be used instead, with the same terrible results.

And this was really the point I was making. Having focused for so long on mercury content, did we completely miss the real culprit? And/or culprits? Since it's looking less and less like mercury was the primary cause of any rise in autism incidence, shouldn't we stop bitching about it and try and find out what actually might be going on? I'm not saying put thimerosal back in shots; I'm just saying that the energy going into blaming thimerosal in vaccines for autism might be better spent elsewhere...

EDIT: fixed quote tags

[edit on 12/19/2009 by americandingbat]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
When a kid had symptoms, lots of them where diagosed with minimal brain damage. Today doctors say its autisme. This may explain the extreme rise of autisme diagnoses.
Just my 2 cents, I am not working in the medical field.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

My wife's brother (now 15) has autism, and my wife is 1000% sure that it was from the mercury(thymerasol) in a shot he got when he was 2. She says he was fine until a day after that shot, he completely stopped talking and became antisocial and increasingly irritable and unresponsive to the parents. Later he was diagnosed. Now I know that autism is a very broad term nowadays because there are so many different kinds, severities and what have you, but she researched it her whole life and fully believes it was the Mercury.

I mean, come on, we get 70%(ish) of all our shots in our lifetime before we're
2 years old! One or more of those HAVE to be harmful in the long term.

(Just a side note: 70% is not an exact number, but I know it was a very high percentage that I read recently. Since Im at work, frankly im just guessing at that number from memory. I dont mind to be wrong, im just being honest about it, lol.)

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Tanulis]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I heard 50 per cent of corn syrup manufactured nowadays has traces of mercury in it, though mercury is not used anywhere in the chain of production. Does the list of ingredients for corn syrup list 'mercury?' No, it does not. Yet it is there. And thus maybe it is still in the vaccines.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There will be more "autistic" kids when the new revision of the DSM is finalized and becomes standard. All that's happened is the diagnostic criteria for autism has widened to include more people that were previously labelled differently. Minor revisions are made all the time, but of course pretending as if more "normal" children are spontaneously becoming autistic is more attention grabbing for autism conspiracists.

Watch, come May 2012, when the DSM-V is released to doctor's offices everywhere and the months following when statistics are reanalyzed using it, Alex Jones and Jenny Mcarthey will have a collective au-gasm
I can hear him now; "Over night millions of children came down with autism!! Obama and his secret autism squad are on the march! Google Operation Short Bus!! *incoherent shouting*"

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopusAlex Jones and Jenny Mcarthey will have a collective au-gasm
I can hear him now; "Over night millions of children came down with autism!! Obama and his secret autism squad are on the march! Google Operation Short Bus!! *incoherent shouting*"

I just died in my chair laughing. holy hell. GOOGLE OPERATION SHORT BUS! LMFAO!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis

I agree that it stinks that kids have to have all these shots before they are two. And you know that the doctors won't tell you everything that is in a shot they just say that it's good for the kid to fight against whatever the shot is for. They generally won't tell you about the mercury in it.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
A very informative video by Dr David Ayoub on Thimerosal and the Global Vaccine Agenda
video.google.com...#

Houman

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I am researcher and I have been investigating this subject for 4 years now...
sadly there vaccines are one of the causes of autism and it is being covered up...

I have been denied access to the Vaccine Safety Database (and I am not the only one)....

Ask yourself why 18 months is a critical age for the onset of autism, then look at the 18 months vaccination schedule...

Ask yourself why Sudden Infant Death peaks (with high correlation) at +2 weeks after vaccination....

I am really amazed at the apathy of people when confronted with this subject: we are talking about the deliberate poisoning of entire generations and the whole mankind!

Houman

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I feel almost, kind of sure that this can't be due to thimerosal in the vaccines or fluoride in the water. I mean, I don't have any reasoning whatsoever for my belief other than the data from CDC reports that were said to be falsified.
Plus...
If that was true, then autism would mimic the signs of heavy metal poisoning....

Oh snap, it does mimic heavy metal poisoning.

signs of heavy metal toxicity

Looks like I am wrong.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Josephus23]

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Josephus23]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join