It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious New Well Informed Members

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
OMG!! I just learned that I have no cred because I don't have a flashy avatar!!!

Maybe I AM a sock puppet after all, will just head off to the bathroom & check!

Oh no, I also didn't have an "introduce myself" thread....................watch out, I just might be one of those Mysterious New Well Informed Members!! lol!!

Thanx for the laugh, & paranoia!!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpinifexPrincess

Oh no, I also didn't have an "introduce myself" thread....................watch out, I just might be one of those Mysterious New Well Informed Members!! lol!!

I would not worry about that.

You just keep reading all that "ABOVE TOP SECRET" info this site gives and do feel free to bash any intelligent observations along with the actual stock account posters. Just follow their lead, that's what they're here for. Savvy.

You do that and you'll fit in just fine round these parts little darlin.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

Well ok.....

Just don't use big words because I hate looking them up, deal?
Yeah, some people have a habit of avoiding information that is correct.

That.....that don't make me no never mind.

(your embarrassing me in front of my friends
)
Come on dude, you don't have any friends.

So you agree then that your categorical list is ridiculous, and thus considering your admission that the entire post is neither intelligent or thought provoking makes this reply even more redundant than the post containing your list.

No the whole point of my post is eliminating thought by a lack of provocation or intelligent or interesting discourse when it comes to talking with a bunch of people with a driven and spacific agenda that agenda having nothing to do with anything but BS.
What agenda? What about your agenda? Should you not argue with yourself considering you posts and lists are B.S. inspired by what you think and believe is B.S. being driven by an imagined or inferred agenda?
This is what the OP is doing. The OP imagines an Agenda, the OP is inferring from a few features relating to posters that these features are proof that these posters have an agenda.
Here I will refresh your memory, perhaps you could look the OP up and get a proper understanding of what the OP is inferring and accusing poster of doing.

But I am getting annoyed by these fresh accounts that simply register one day and explain away a certain topic the next and then for all intents and purposes cease to operate usually without ever introducing them self. They usually fit the bill of a "debunker" but I also notice some disinfo and even though they are new members they often use a text format that makes them sound like they have been here for a long time. Its hard to describe other than they sign their posts like you should have already heard of them sometimes, things like that. Ugg I am sure this probably makes me look somewhat suspicious.

What a total load of bollocks.

I fight fire with fire.
Yeah, you and the OP seem to be screaming fire. Telling people there is a fire, saying that there are posters that may be responsible for the fire. But where is the fire?

No, neither the OP nor I are doing that. What you are doing is taking his bad title literally and to the T so you can belittle him and make him and his theory look superfluous and childish instead of listening to what he is trying to say.
No, what I am doing is sticking up for ATS. It is ridiculous and poorly constructed Threads(title included) like this that are the real dis-info. Blanket assertions and inference. The OP has a personal opinion based on unsupported observations accusing posters of behaving in a certain manner. The fact that the OP emphasizes the characteristics of being informed as a detrimental characteristic is anathema(there I'll save you any effort) to the entire philosophy of ATS. That philosophy being deny ignorance.

The OP goes to no effort to point out even one specific example of a new poster that is trying to appear informed whilst intentionally presenting dis-information in order drive a specific agenda.
I will tell you why the OP does not do this, because the OP cannot. It is impossible. So the OP has to infer all of his suspicions from a set of criteria the OP creates himself. It is an example of poor investigation, poor method and purely driven by evidence invented by the OP himself in order to express a distrust of posters and the information shared by those posters that the OP may not agree with, accept or believe.

This is a classic straw man attack. The OP is not satisfied with exploring or vetting only the information posted by those posters. Surely even the most basic of ATS members understands that the easiest way to agree of disagree with someone is do some research on your own in regards to whatever is posted by ANY and ALL members. It is that simple.
Instead the OP seems rather intent to attack the nature and characteristics of certain Posters whilst especially targeting the fact they, the posters, appear informed.

You are attempting to do the same with me, but that is kind of an obstacle for you because I am cloaked with your opposed tactic. Cleaver aren't I.
No you are not clever. You see, I don't need a cloak. I express my opinion clearly without having any motive other than addressing the issues of the thread and posts. I think my posts are pretty clear evidence of that.

Yes this is very true, I am very glad you agree with my post, I am an ass. After all it was meant to expose the 4 type of ATS poster.....you my friend are like a fish on a hook.

I do not agree with your post. Stating the obvious, and you having repeated it as this:

Yes this is very true.........I am an ass.
, is not the same as being in agreement. I am simply stating the obvious and you are now simply repeating that you are an ass.

Now come back and tell me how much you concede with this post. Be nice now and I might bump you up to category 3......na I'm kidding I would never do that.

Let me qualify my opinion of your category.

3.) A very small group of very intelligent people who make very interesting observations and make thought provoking posts and threads (I'm not one of them).

Going by this admission; that you are not part of the small group of intelligent people who make interesting and thought provoking statements, then your entire explanation of the 4 types of people that you mention here:
Let me explain something about this site. You have 4 types of people on this site.
, is neither an intelligent or interesting observation nor should it provoke thought.
post by atlasastro

Your category is as relevant as the OP. I thought Iwas clear in expressing my opinion, my opinion that the OP invites me to share.

reply to post by GenLo

The whole misunderstand started with the header and so the accusations come that I simply made this thread because people were coming to my other threads and challenging my beliefs in such a way to infuriate me enough to make this thread!
There is no misunderstanding about the header as you explain it in the OP. Clearly and plainly. I have made no such accusation that this has anything to do with your other threads. I am free to make as many assumptions as to why you have created this thread as you appear to freely make as many assumptions regarding the purpose and intent of other posters.
So suck it up, if you want to throw these assumptions around you better be prepared to get hit by them when some one catches them and throws them back.

Well let me make this clear now since older elaborations did not seem to sink in with you and calm your charade of attacks and sarcasm.
My reply is not sarcastic. I make clear statements that your entire POST is an Ad Hominem attack. It is YOU who is attacking members, not ME.
You answer none of my questions. Here they are again:

Please do inform us OP as to how informed these new posters are and if their being informed is in fact a ploy to seem informed or that their being informed is just a consequence of actually being informed.
How do you distinguish between them appearing informed and them actually being informed?
Are you suggesting we be suspicious of informed posters lest they are only trying to be informed?
Do we now dismiss informed posters because you are suspicious of information contained in informative posts by informed posters?

Why are you interpreting this as sarcasm and an attack in charade. Is it because you know that you cannot answer these questions?

You provide no evidence to support your claims. All you have are assumptions and inference, you also ask people in you OP for their OPINION. But now you cannot handle that, and I refuse to have my post deflected as an attack.

I created this thread to receive validation or simply be pointed out as paranoid, paranoid already having been stated by myself!
Well I am pointing out that you thread is an attack, a poor one, totally unsupported, you totally ignored my questions!

I SURE AM DOING A GREAT JOB OF RAISING FEAR since apparently I've attracted the whole of ATS. *sarcasm*
Attention and participation are not the same. People may have paid attention to you but have discarded you thread as having no substance. I, however, have endeavored to deny ignorance.

Suppose I am right, and I probably am, that there are sock accounts, then what is wrong with that!? Perhaps this is a problem that could be rectified.
Suppose! WTF, if you need people to suppose that you are right then dude, give up!
Not only are you asking me to suppose you are right, but you are also imagining a problem and acting in a manner to rectify that imagined problem that has to be supposed about. You want to "rectify" or "take action" against the opinions of other members because you suppose you are right and that there is a problem. This is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read on ATS.

Leave, be civil, or ignored, you are making personal attacks and while the Mods might stand by I will not.
My replies are civil. You just cannot handle them. Ignore me dude, your threat is as impotent as the thread and its claims. Don't try and deflect th

BTW The Mods do not stand by attacks. If you have a problem, hit the alert button. Attacking the Mods now too. Pathetic Dude.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
We are going to end up scaring off and becoming hostile to new members if we develop this attitude. If a new member is well informed, then a welcome committee should great them - not a lynch mob.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

Originally posted by SpinifexPrincess

I would not worry about that.

You just keep reading all that "ABOVE TOP SECRET" info this site gives and do feel free to bash any intelligent observations along with the actual stock account posters. Just follow their lead, that's what they're here for. Savvy.

You do that and you'll fit in just fine round these parts little darlin.

Oh I'll try my best, but you know how it is when you have your own opinions............................sweetpea! lol!!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I'm an internet guru.
I never introduced myself because I'm not very social.
I have all the answers though. If you don't understand my posts it could be that you simply don't understand my posts. I'm still correct all the time, even if you don't immediately get it.
I don't charge for my service as an internet guru.
I guide you along life's journey for free.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Fear not citizen, I won't hurt you.

...in all honesty I'm a proponent of the truth. Whether it be debunking completely irrational claims or learning about supressed ideas and activities.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Yeah, some people have a habit of avoiding information that is correct.

Can you blame them? Dis-info thugs tend to make people looking for correct information look like (insert derogatory and belittling comments, like the ones you have used on the OP and myself here).

Come on dude, you don't have any friends.

Touche.

So you agree then that your categorical list is ridiculous, and thus considering your admission that the entire post is neither intelligent or thought provoking makes this reply even more redundant than the post containing your list.

Wow, how you got that from "that don't make me no never mind" shows what a deep thinker you are.

But perhaps my hillbilly statement was not clear, let me try this one.

Well heck your as sharp as a hair in a possums kangaroo pouch!!

What agenda? What about your agenda? Should you not argue with yourself considering you posts and lists are B.S. inspired by what you think and believe is B.S. being driven by an imagined or inferred agenda?

I thought I was arguing with myself. Then you showed up using sophisticated compliments like "asinine".

Now I'm in love with you, Romeo.

This is what the OP is doing. The OP imagines an Agenda, the OP is inferring from a few features relating to posters that these features are proof that these posters have an agenda.
Here I will refresh your memory, perhaps you could look the OP up and get a proper understanding of what the OP is inferring and accusing poster of doing.

But I am getting annoyed by these fresh accounts that simply register one day and explain away a certain topic the next and then for all intents and purposes cease to operate usually without ever introducing them self. They usually fit the bill of a "debunker" but I also notice some disinfo and even though they are new members they often use a text format that makes them sound like they have been here for a long time. Its hard to describe other than they sign their posts like you should have already heard of them sometimes, things like that. Ugg I am sure this probably makes me look somewhat suspicious.

What a total load of bollocks.

Forgive me, I'm not as smart as you are, but are saying that the OP has a theory on a conspiracy site about external forces some how attempting to sway public opinion amongst a group of unorthodox thinkers that do not believe that TPTB have their best interests at hand?

Well I'll be double-dipped in applesauce!! Why the hell didn't you say so!!

LETS GET EM!!

Yeah, you and the OP seem to be screaming fire. Telling people there is a fire, saying that there are posters that may be responsible for the fire. But where is the fire?

Yeah pretty much, that's a pretty good assessment of whats going on.

See, I knew you could explain our position in a civil manner with out getting dirty. I always had faith in you kiddo.

As for where the fire is....you let me know when you feel the heat.

No, what I am doing is sticking up for ATS.

Skrew Batman!! Your my new hero.

It is ridiculous and poorly constructed Threads(title included) like this that are the real dis-info. Blanket assertions and inference. The OP has a personal opinion based on unsupported observations accusing posters of behaving in a certain manner. The fact that the OP emphasizes the characteristics of being informed as a detrimental characteristic is anathema(there I'll save you any effort) to the entire philosophy of ATS. That philosophy being deny ignorance.

The OP does not "emphasizes the characteristics of being informed as a detrimental characteristic". If you were not so driven to make him look like a fool, you would clearly see what he is trying to say. But hey remaining blind is a good way to get payed. Can't quit call it honest work but hey a man's got to feed his stomach some how.

Now hard feeling.

Oh no hard felling on braking our deal of not using big words either. But you could have just said cursed.

The OP goes to no effort to point out even one specific example of a new poster that is trying to appear informed whilst intentionally presenting dis-information in order drive a specific agenda.

Yeah true, but I did.

Hell I'm trigger happy about it too. I've just added you to the list. Prove me wrong.

I will tell you why the OP does not do this, because the OP cannot. It is impossible. So the OP has to infer all of his suspicions from a set of criteria the OP creates himself. It is an example of poor investigation, poor method and purely driven by evidence invented by the OP himself in order to express a distrust of posters and the information shared by those posters that the OP may not agree with, accept or believe.

I agree, that's the tough part about a conspiracy theory. Why do we even try.

I'm just glad we have folks like you to set us strait.

This is a classic straw man attack. The OP is not satisfied with exploring or vetting only the information posted by those posters. Surely even the most basic of ATS members understands that the easiest way to agree of disagree with someone is do some research on your own in regards to whatever is posted by ANY and ALL members. It is that simple.
Instead the OP seems rather intent to attack the nature and characteristics of certain Posters whilst especially targeting the fact they, the posters, appear informed.

Well not to butt into you business or anything but you seem to be taking the OP's supposed attack a little to close to heart?

Exactly how many ATS accounts do you have kiddo? Don't worry your secret is safe with me.

No you are not clever. You see, I don't need a cloak. I express my opinion clearly without having any motive other than addressing the issues of the thread and posts. I think my posts are pretty clear evidence of that.

Yeah.....

Your berserk zero tolerance of people bashing trolls, is clear evidence of what issues you are addressing.

Maybe you should try a cloak.

I do not agree with your post. Stating the obvious, and you having repeated it as this:

Yes this is very true.........I am an ass.
, is not the same as being in agreement. I am simply stating the obvious and you are now simply repeating that you are an ass.

Look just because you don't like the fact that I agree that I am an ass does not mean we don't agree that I'm an ass. Right

Now I'm confused.....

Let me qualify my opinion of your category.

3.) A very small group of very intelligent people who make very interesting observations and make thought provoking posts and threads (I'm not one of them).

Going by this admission; that you are not part of the small group of intelligent people who make interesting and thought provoking statements, then your entire explanation of the 4 types of people that you mention here:
Let me explain something about this site. You have 4 types of people on this site.
, is neither an intelligent or interesting observation nor should it provoke thought.
post by atlasastro

Well that's just rude, I can agree that you and I don't fit in category 3, but that does not mean there are not people out there who do.
Learn to live with it man, there is nothing to gain from being envious of people with a goo..goo..goo..good brain.

Your category is as relevant as the OP. I thought I Was clear in expressing my opinion, my opinion that the OP invites me to share.
And so you have shared over, and over, and over again. Your like the double-damned energiser bunny dude!!

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Izarith]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well I'm an expert in Islam, counter-terrorism, and mysticism and just happened to wander upon this forum because it's hopping. I stayed because there are some intelligent people here that can have civilized conversations that result in great brainstorming sessions.
The ignore feature is helpful for those who derail and live to flame.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I never intoduced myself because it doesn't matter who I am and most don't really care who I am. I did join this forum to exchange ideas and viewpoints, and to read and understand those that are different from my own. How about that, I might actually learn something or find out that I'm not as smart as I thought.
That is how we learn. Further, to keep adding to and contributing to the members is how we stay strong and resillient,... and how this forum stays vibrant. Without new blood and stock lines my herds become susceptible to disease. Without new blood here, we will see the umptenth post on reptillians running the NWO.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenLo
Okay... Now I welcome new members to constructively contribute to ATS but something is different... I am still pretty new here myself but I have noticed something occurring.

Call me paranoid...

Am I paranoid or does anyone else see this happening?

I am mostly a debunker.

I read ATS for a LONG TIME, but when I tried to register a few times there were technical issues.

Finally, I managed to sort that # out and start posting.

Most of the threads I read are full of people that seem to take what I consider to be ridiculous nonsense, at face value, seemingly on faith.

Their faith seems to run parallel to their chosen conspiracy beliefs.

I am not big on faith and will bend over backwards, when I have the time, to disrupt faith based discussions on technology, politics, etc.

I have NO connection to anything except my own rational mind.

People should accept though, that as the right-wing as has slowly infiltrated ATS, so will those from other perspectives, to debunk their Glenn Beck addled brains' imaginative nonsense.

It's ok to sit around drunk (or whatever) discussing Obama being Satan, but actually believing it?

That (and similar crap) should be slapped down, and hard.

What America need is more education, not more insanity...we got enough of that already.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
China implemented their lien on the U.S. Treasury and Federal Reserve System on Dec 6, 2009 for the sum of $47 TRILLION!!! Nobody has picked this up yet on the government-owned media. This was written by Christopher Story, which he confirmed by New York on Dec. 12, 2009!

He also goes on to state that Bush 41, Bush 43, Cheney, Kissinger, Alan Greenspan, and who knows how many others were arrested!!!! This has not been confirmed yet. He also stated that Kissinger was then killed (A truly EVIL person).

Please get this information out there so the U.S. can prepare for the civil unrest when this hits the proverbial fan! Read the story here:

worldreports.org...

Then click on the $47 TRILLION LIEN AGAINST U.S. TREASURY AND FED link....I believe this is what people have been fearing for the last year.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

I'm done with you. I am not playing your game. I already elaborated as to what this thread is and IS NOT about. I will elaborate further in repeating that this thread's purpose was to see if my observations were valid! I DID NOT CREATE THIS THREAD TO ATTACK NEW MEMBERS as you have continually inferred! Ignored.

For everyone else:
The header was a bad choice of words and at this point there is not much I can do about it. It was simply referring to my observance of new accounts that had come into existence over time whom appeared suspicious because there activity was simply to discredit the poster and leave or so it would appear. What is the point to objectifying to a topic argument and not sticking around to see your argumentative points get validated? Or maybe they are the type of person whom likes to throw in statements just because and simply observe what becomes of the discussion.

YES, profiles with no avatar is a trend among sock accounts! It's worth pointing out because that's how many many many sock accounts operate! They don't spend time on the profile like adding avatars and such, they keep it very basic because whats the point in glamming something up if your only going to have it for one purpose, unless you want it to be convincing for a time, its a COMMON TRAIT.

BTW atlasastro, if what you were insinuating against me were true then why don't I attack new members who post on my threads!? If there were any such evidence in my threads that I was in fact bashing new members then what would you have to do to prove it? Monotonous searching through several pages of each of my threads. Sounds like fun! Why don't you go ahead and get on that. As I stated earlier the suspicious accounts I noticed on other people's threads and it was something I would notice in passing. So unless I book marked the pages immediately when I had saw this activity, it would be rather an arduous task to have to go through to find them again when instead it would simply be easier to post a thread seeking out members to comment on the topic and therefore VALIDATING my claims with their own personal experience.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by GenLo]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ttros58
China implemented their lien on the U.S. Treasury and Federal Reserve System on Dec 6, 2009 for the sum of $47 TRILLION!!! Nobody has picked this up yet on the government-owned media. This was written by Christopher Story, which he confirmed by New York on Dec. 12, 2009!

He also goes on to state that Bush 41, Bush 43, Cheney, Kissinger, Alan Greenspan, and who knows how many others were arrested!!!! This has not been confirmed yet. He also stated that Kissinger was then killed (A truly EVIL person).

Please get this information out there so the U.S. can prepare for the civil unrest when this hits the proverbial fan! Read the story here:

worldreports.org...

Well, this could be the biggest story in modern history

OR

it could be yet another fabrication from the whack jobs who run "World Reports" and linked sites "Soviet Analyst - Review of continuing Soviet Leninist World Revolution deception strategy" "Global Analysis Limited" "Edward Harle Limited" etc

They invariably are light on sources, citations, quotes, etc. And consistently come up with big stories no one knows anything about or can verify.

An Eastern Europe, likely German, propaganda source aimed at kids and highly impressionable people.

Don't believe everything you read.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ttros58

Off-topic post, mods please fix.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

This is an older thread, I think, but, in my opinion, you are 100% correct.

I have stated on several other threads that it appears as though the de-bunkers on this site get tons of stars while offering the most minimal of references and factual information to back up their statements.

Here is an article in the NYT stating that Obama supposedly closed an office found within the Pentagon that was started under Bush and responsible for issuing propaganda.

time article on bush, the pentagon and propaganda

This is an article showing that the CIA has recently invested in a firm that monitors social networking sites

CIA, social networking, and spying on citizens.

Thanks for the thread. I wish that it was getting more attention.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Josephus23]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
In 2003 a document called Information Operations Roadmap was signed by Donald Rumsfeld. It contains strategies how to conduct psyops in the virtual world.

The "roadmap" calls for a far-reaching overhaul of the military's ability to conduct information operations and electronic warfare. And, in some detail, it makes recommendations for how the US armed forces should think about this new, virtual warfare. The document says that information is "critical to military success". Computer and telecommunications networks are of vital operational importance.

Propaganda

The operations described in the document include a surprising range of military activities: public affairs officers who brief journalists, psychological operations troops who try to manipulate the thoughts and beliefs of an enemy, computer network attack specialists who seek to destroy enemy networks. All these are engaged in information operations.

Perhaps the most startling aspect of the roadmap is its acknowledgement that information put out as part of the military's psychological operations, or Psyops, is finding its way onto the computer and television screens of ordinary Americans. "Information intended for foreign audiences, including public diplomacy and Psyops, is increasingly consumed by our domestic audience," it reads. "Psyops messages will often be replayed by the news media for much larger audiences, including the American public," it goes on.

Rest at news.bbc.co.uk...
A link to the declassified document: Information Operations Roadmap as pdf (78 pages) can also be found on the BBC website.

Additional sources for media manipulation can be found here:
www.wanttoknow.info...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
BYAAAAA!!!! IM BACK!!!!
Finally released from the service and I have some time to rant on a relatives computer!

So I start with my oldest topic that received replies. A nice video:
Disclose.tv COINTELPRO

Only problem is I fit into this because I am atheist and I don't trust Alex Jones!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Perfect example member:
terran99
Perfect example post:
South Tower Video - Discuss, page 6

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join