It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious New Well Informed Members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
No Avatar? Oh god, I must be a government agent. I wonder what department I work for and how they've kept me in the dark for so long....I'm always the last person to find these things out.

Yeah, people sign up just so they can make a single post or whatever. It always looks suss' but I think it is just a trick of the mind. It's the long term ATS people with the big colourful avatars, who speak utter rubbish and who have substantial followings that bother me.

And; of course the bad guys(govt., military, industrial evil types) use forums like this to their advantage. What do you think the likes of John Lear and his buddies are doing? They are destroying the credibility of anyone who may find out the truth about secret goings on. Simple. Millions of people believe in inanities such as reptilian aliens, numerology, holographic airliners plowing into buildings etc. Not that we need secret agents for idiotic stories to get around...but boy, it works SOOOOOO in their favour that SOOOOOO many people believe in utter nonsense.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwiffler

Ah so the steward has arrived then.

I guess you never have seen a 'sock' account before? My descriptions do sounds silly don't they.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Sorry, too cryptic for me.

What's a sock account? And is being a steward a good or not so good thing?

[edit on 19-12-2009 by mrwiffler]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by GenLo

In these trying times I respectfully suggest that turning to each other, instead of turning against each other, would be the wiser of the two strategies.

What are you trying to say? What is the deal? How do I benefit from that? What is your angle? I don't think I trust this guy.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

Awesome.
A whole thread dedicated to ad hom attack of "new" poster that seem "informed'.

Just awesome. How informatively informed information.
Hang on! Are trying to appear informed OP in relation to the apparent appearance of informed posters?
Do I attack you ad hominem as informed, or appearing informed?

Please do inform us OP as to how informed these new posters are and if their being informed is in fact a ploy to seem informed or that their being informed is just a consequence of actually being informed.
How do you distinguish between them appearing informed and them actually being informed?
Are you suggesting we be suspicious of informed posters lest they are only trying to be informed?
Do we now dismiss informed posters because you are suspicious of information contained in informative posts by informed posters?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Ok this is getting ridiculous and insulting. Can a mod please change the header to: The Steady Existence of Sock/Disinfo Accounts in ATS and How to Spot One

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Its just your ego. your constantly in a battle with other people, not seeing the true battle is within. to put it short, your biased. its okay, we are all biased.

Me, im 17 and i went through a lot of stuff in a short, short period of time. its okay to be paranoid, but the recent influx in members is just the word getting out. as more and more people hear about these things, the rate of which they come in increases.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
How dare someone stumble across a website, read someone making up nonsense in an area they know something about, and wish to deny ignorance by teaching others? How dare they.

The reason those threads where that happens turns into an argument is because most people here who post made-up stuff do so because they don't understand what critical thinking is. And so, when someone comes along and tries to point out the holes in their hypotheses, the holders of said hypotheses feel under attack (instead of being enlightened), and lash out.

If everyone on this board employed critical thinking, there would be no arguments.

And what's with the arrogance thinking that anyone on ATS has a clue about a real conspiracy, to the point where a government would want to get involved? So far I've not seen evidence of a single one. The egos of some folks in here are staggering - they know they're right, yet they can't even demonstrate to others why they're right. It's intellectually bankrupt.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't think I've ever read a thread that started with complaining about "informed" people. Good Lord....what has this place evolved to?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

A place where anyone is allowed to make random, baseless assertions without fear of anyone who knows better trying to help them understand their mistakes.

Yay.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
*bangs head against wall*

It was a wrong choice for a header! Holy #!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenLo
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Wow! Thanks for sharing. Went ahead and visited your other links, very informal. S&Fed them all... wait...

I am not sure, if I understand your usage of an emoticon in combination with wait... in your reply correctly. Were you honestly thanking me for my input, or are you suggesting, that I have posted ridiculous statements with dubious links? While I agree, that there are comic aspects in the revelation, that a mental health institute tries to recruit members from ATS for a H1N1 study, I fail see, where the links and information I have provided are reasons for ridicule.

I would be thankful if you could clarify your position.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

Don't let it get to you Genlo,

Let me explain something about this site. You have 4 types of people on this site.

1.) Mods and above.

2.) People who actually think this site is above top secret.

3.) A very small group of very intelligent people who make very interesting observations and make thought provoking posts and threads (I'm not one of them).

4.) People who are very alarmed that people who actually think this site is above top secret might read and understand intelligent observations made by the few intelligent people on this site.

The type 4 People usually have very well known names and Avatars Like HankMcoy or Phage. but these people are only so obvious so as to draw attention from others doing the same. By the way both HankMcoy and Phage are my trolls so mod's fell free to delete them.

Disinfo works in both ways like wwf wrestling. Some use it to make people who think the same look like nuts and others pretend to be a nut who think the same. It's all about making people look like nuts.

you nut.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by GenLo

Let me explain something about this site. You have 4 types of people on this site.

1.) Mods and above.

2.) People who actually think this site is above top secret.

3.) A very small group of very intelligent people who make very interesting observations and make thought provoking posts and threads (I'm not one of them).

4.) People who are very alarmed that people who actually think this site is above top secret might read and understand intelligent observations made by the few intelligent people on this site.

May I make an observation. You say this:

Yo then go on to explain the 4 types. Number three which states this:

Going by this admission; that you are not part of the small group of intelligent people who make interesting and thought provoking statements, then your entire explanation of the 4 types of people that you mention here:

, is neither an intelligent or interesting observation nor should it provoke thought.

As much as your posts and my reply may seem humorous or even facetious in nature, the fact is, the whole point of your post is eliminating thought by a lack of provocation or intelligent or interesting discourse.
You bunch people up into groups so as to eliminate the effort required in approaching every post and poster on its individual merit. The OP is also guilty of this by reducing posts that appear informed as being agents of dis-information and such.

But I do concede, your posts seems asinine so much that it would avoid the attention of even the OP.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenLo

Ok this is getting ridiculous and insulting. Can a mod please change the header to: The Steady Existence of Sock/Disinfo Accounts in ATS and How to Spot One

Yes I agree, you whole thread is an insult, and incredibly ridiculous.

You can change the title, but the content is still as insulting and ridiculous.
You only change the Ad Hominem attack to one of an unsupported suspicion that "informed posters" are no longer mysterious, but now actually accused as being Sock/Disinfo Agents.

Just awesome dude. Keep up the disinfo and paranoia campaign against people who are informed.

Perhaps OP, you could appeal to the Mods to consider this Title: "I don't like smart people because they inform other poster of the actual existence and nature of alternative explanations, thoughts and philosophies based in reality as opposed to what I want other people to believe or think because that is what I think and believe!"

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

May I make an observation.

Well ok.....

Just don't use big words because I hate looking them up, deal?

Yo then go on to explain the 4 types. Number three which states this:

Going by this admission; that you are not part of the small group of intelligent people who make interesting and thought provoking statements, then your entire explanation of the 4 types of people that you mention here:

, is neither an intelligent or interesting observation nor should it provoke thought.

That.....that don't make me no never mind.

(your embarrassing me in front of my friends
)

As much as your posts and my reply may seem humorous or even facetious in nature, the fact is, the whole point of your post is eliminating thought by a lack of provocation or intelligent or interesting discourse.

No the whole point of my post is eliminating thought by a lack of provocation or intelligent or interesting discourse when it comes to talking with a bunch of people with a driven and spacific agenda that agenda having nothing to do with anything but BS.

I fight fire with fire.

You bunch people up into groups so as to eliminate the effort required in approaching every post and poster on its individual merit. The OP is also guilty of this by reducing posts that appear informed as being agents of dis-information and such.

No, neither the OP nor I are doing that. What you are doing is taking his bad title literally and to the T so you can belittle him and make him and his theory look superfluous and childish instead of listening to what he is trying to say.

You are attempting to do the same with me, but that is kind of an obstacle for you because I am cloaked with your opposed tactic. Cleaver aren't I.

But I do concede, your posts seems asinine so much that it would avoid the attention of even the OP.

Yes this is very true, I am very glad you agree with my post, I am an ass. After all it was meant to expose the 4 type of ATS poster.....you my friend are like a fish on a hook.

Now come back and tell me how much you concede with this post. Be nice now and I might bump you up to category 3......na I'm kidding I would never do that.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Oh no sorry, just some immaturity, "S&Fed them all!" See it now?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

The whole misunderstand started with the header and so the accusations come that I simply made this thread because people were coming to my other threads and challenging my beliefs in such a way to infuriate me enough to make this thread!

Well let me make this clear now since older elaborations did not seem to sink in with you and calm your charade of attacks and sarcasm.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY OTHER THREADS! I spotted these suspicious accounts in OTHER people's threads both old and new alike! I created this thread to receive validation or simply be pointed out as paranoid, paranoid already having been stated by myself!

I SURE AM DOING A GREAT JOB OF RAISING FEAR since apparently I've attracted the whole of ATS. *sarcasm*

Suppose I am right, and I probably am, that there are sock accounts, then what is wrong with that!? Perhaps this is a problem that could be rectified.

I'll go ahead and tell you now that if you insult me again I am just going to add you to the ignore list, as it is the only civil thing I can do!

Leave, be civil, or ignored, you are making personal attacks and while the Mods might stand by I will not.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Thank you. I am glad someone has seen that I have already elaborated as to the cause of my distress.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join