It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking To God (story a friend linked me to)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My friend just sent me this interesting read, and i'm not sure if its been posted here or not but its defiantly someone pretty great to read. its an experience an atheist had explaining how he talked to god. sorry for just linking and not giving much more content other then the link, but i think everyone who is similar to me should read it.

www.fullmoon.nu...

[edit on 18-12-2009 by hautmess]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

kinda skimmed through it.
very interesting to say the least.

were evolving bro!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

great read! Star and flag for bringing that to my attention.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Interesting at first, then it lost me when an atheist can better handle his reveal than a god fearing man.

Not buying it.

Is there any where mentioning faith in the article?!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
read some of my posts, this is what i have been saying lol. its weird, i know its right but i don't no how i no. im just following it.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

Not buying it.

Doesn't matter if it's real. "The Three Little Pigs" probably never happened either, but the lessons contained in the story are no less valuable.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Loved it.

We could all learn something or another from this. Don't mind if I happen to spread this to a few friends, eh?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The moral of the story seems to settle well. However, I do take this with a grain of salt seeing as how it could just as easily be more evolutionary propaganda than what it is purported to be...

A2D

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Very good story. I will show this to as many people as I am able.

If it can expand other people's minds, I will be happy.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
good memory that guy have. almost seem like he had paper and pen ready at the start of the interview.

anyways, does this mean evil people will not pay for their doings? so i can kill someone now without feeling guilty. thank god.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

I take it you've been planning this for awhile, no?

"Dear diary, if god ever admits that karma doesn't exist...I AM SOOO GONNA KILL KATIE COURIC...."

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by DOADOA

I take it you've been planning this for awhile, no?

"Dear diary, if god ever admits that karma doesn't exist...I AM SOOO GONNA KILL KATIE COURIC...."

so far karma has been the only thing holding me back from annihilating every single living organism on earth. with the assurance of god himself that there will be no repercussion, you are all going to feel my wrath. especially katie.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
for an athiest this guy did'nt really ask for any scientific evidence from this "God" , he basically just took his word for it

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You know there are atheists that don't base their "lack of belief" in science right?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Well, I'd say that the guy was talking to his higher self. Of course, I might be wrong as usually.

Sometimes, very rarely, we humans can interact with our higher selves, which means the subconsciousness and consciousness compined in a brief period of time, in odd circumstances.

When these two combine, the results can be mind blowing; It is the mystical union, what lies in the very basis of religion (the latin word 'religare' means union, or to bind, strongly.)

Our higher self can indeed be very wise and knows a lot, which is not surprising, as it can access the information resources of whole human evolution and the weak signals that surpass our daily consciousness.

-v

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Very interesting to say the least...

I really don't know what to make of that. Normally I'd just laugh and think it was made up, but something in there.. really hit home for me

[edit on 18-12-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

[edit on 18-12-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
S&F to hautness for an interesting read.

Well, I'd say that the guy was talking to his higher self. Of course, I might be wrong as usually.

No, that's it, V. My take on it is that the guy is trying.

Like a lot of "philosophical" fiction, it reads like an Jungian "active imagination" (searchable).

There are some nice Jungian touches. For example, that end dialog (why did you take the form you did?) nicely covers why Shadow and Anima can be, and so often are, ineffective as ambassadors of the interior. So, Positive Shadow it is.

I would also dispute one point with The Deity. I hold with Douglas Adams about the dolphins

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
i found it an interesting read.
i like the idea of somebody that claims to be an atheist philosiphising on the nature of god. at the same time, what he was saying really did strike a chord in me.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

Hey 8-bits, thanks for bringing up the 'active imagination'. While I've read some of Jung's works, I've never encountered that specific concept. Very interesting!

Of the origination of active imagination, Jung wrote:

“It was during Advent of the year 1913 – December 12, to be exact – that I resolved upon the decisive step. I was sitting at my desk once more, thinking over my fears. Then I let myself drop. Suddenly it was as though the ground literally gave way beneath my feet, and I plunged into the dark depths.”
Wikipedia

I think that is another possible way to explain psychological phenomenas like Astral Projection and Lucid Dreaming.

Good information

-v

[edit on 18-12-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Like other people in this thread, that really struck a chord with me. Best read i've had in a long time, and even if it is pure fiction, I could read much more - Think im gonna read everything on the site tonight with a few beers

S+F

[edit on 18-12-2009 by K-Raz]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join