It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking To God (story a friend linked me to)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
And he remembered all this verbatim?

A great read, despite the validity of the story.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I liked the read a lot! Very interesting ideas! There is one thing that I noticed in the article that lets me know this is a complete work of fiction. Not that it isn't good fiction because it is. He is expressing some great ideas but people will take this as another Crazy Guy who Talked to God and dismiss the entirety of his work as a hoax or crazy attempt at getting attention.

At the very bottom of the page is this statement "(If you've enjoyed this and, in particular if you're wondering why we didn't touch on the issue of "Life After Death",
you might like to try my play - Resurrection Part 1 - Primary Species)"

He is a fictonal writer with great ideas that need to be viewed by many, I just dont want everyone to overlook what he is saying because he is saying he talked to God. Take it for what it is!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think C.S. Lewis did these kind of thought experiments better.

The Screwtape letters... even Dante in my opinion introduces us to the case for a supernatural entity better than this guy.

Nothing beats an upside down devil chewing on Judas.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This guy has quite a memory.

Ridiculous fictitious story.

I find this story blasphemous and insulting. Its total bull and a ridiculous scenario. Too stupid to further comment on.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel like I hae had whacked out conversations like that where I was the one doing the talking....almost as accurate...sometimes we are just "on"..... mabey not with the names etc, as "on" but on it....

What about more important issues like simply keeping a family together etc, or getting rid of stalker exes, getting rid of Governmental Tyranny so everyone can have their own land and become individually sustainable instead of the BS we deal with today...what about THAT!?!?! I think being self sufficient and self ruled is more imortant before taking our "fkying machines" else where, etc, besides, most of what he talked about where just the government levels, not individual levels.......

If you take away the part he can't prove, abput the guy knowing his name etc, the rest of it could have been made up by a LOT of us....

Anyone could use something like that to push their agenda...of course something unprovable, the only exceptional part, was they guy knowing his password reason etc....

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Cool reading, but I lost it when God was evolved from slime,Well the slime bit is just me stuck on the Slime > more slime > blabla > Monkey > Man then next step is > God ??

I think of the God deity as the place in the center of the universes, Ygrasil etc....There is where God is, beware of False prophets...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Indeed, God don't want people that can not take care of his own Family.
'' Family First '' , then others, only natural..

Doesn't matter if your super strong and have lots of weapons and combat skills if you cant keep order with your closest ones..

Just my view on things, I cant even imagine why anyone would not prioritize family !

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by PRS395

Not buying it.

Doesn't matter if it's real. "The Three Little Pigs" probably never happened either, but the lessons contained in the story are no less valuable.

So, you're saying that three pigs never bought houses made out various building materials that could not withstand a wolf blowing on them? Really? I have a pig living across the street in a house made out of straw. and I warn him about wolves all the time. He doesn't listen.

It does matter when someone pretends to be an atheist and puts up a strawman argument in favor of God. I doubt this fabrication would get the same warm welcome if it was about a Christian being taught basic reasoning skills by a scientist. Spare me the empty propaganda - a real atheist has abandoned superstition and would find this article as compelling as one about a vegetarian interviewing a hot dog. If you want intelligent people to buy your magic wizard nonsense, present objective and verifiable evidence, not fictional, poorly-written fables.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Brilliant read. It would be great if this was true. Like "god" says in the article, I don't believe it. Wish I could though.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Interesting reading, I might make this into a video add some tunes to go along with it and post it on you tube. Still not belivable anyways. ishfull thinking that it was

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Bunkum.

Imaginative bunkum, granted.

The question is - how far did each of us get before seeing through it? If it led anyone up the garden path for a fair amount of time it's only because it cleverly plays on what people want to believe.

Kind of like The Gray Area on steroids.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I joined ATS just to respond here. The story was completely made up and is down right boring. If all one has to do is type something up for it to be fact, well then why aren't we discussing "The Shack" as truth.

The proper Christian response to this would be: If it actually happened, it was most likely a demon/the demon. He seemed to have all the perfect answers to this mans questions. Notice how he lets everyone off the hook for good morals and personal responsibility; just as long as we make it to Level 2. This isn't a video game. "I will be like the most high!" -you had better figure out who said that.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I just wanted to enter this thread to tell people that this guy is lying.

I am God and I've never spoken to that Atheist.

I just don't work like that.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

Well that was a fun read! I usually just lurk, but this story reminded quite a bit of this thread. Anyone else think the two are somehow related?

I wish the guy asked at least one technical question like, "How do we create fusion?" But I guess he was kind of on the spot!
Ah well, even if it is fiction there might be some truth hidden in there.

Thanks for posting the story OP!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
"The wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written, 'He catches the wise in their craftiness'; and again, 'The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.'" - I Corinthians 3:19,20.

Here we have a "wise" atheist crafting God in his (the atheist's) image. I used to write this kind of stuff before having a born-again experience with Jesus. I thought I was TERRIBLY clever.

"Do not deceive yourselves. If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a 'fool' so that he may become wise." - I Corinthians 3:18.

My prayer for the author is that you'll have a supernatural encounter with Christ that will transform your being. Believe me, it will infinitely surpass any fictitious meeting with a "god" fashioned from the false wisdom of man's cynical and deceptive mind.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think it was an outstanding read -- very much like MY God.

Reminescent of two works:

1) Remember the movies Oh, God with John Denver and George Burns? Quirkey, humerous, light-hearted. I like to think that if God exists, He/She/It would value humor above most intangible things.

2) A currently out-of-print poorly reviewed work called Love and Wu Li wherein a vastly advanced hivemind species has a conversation with an author.

Thanks for sharing this with us. This work touched upon one of my biggest problems with conventional Christianity -- Why would an omnicient God even CARE if we worshipped Him, and moreover, why would He seem to NEED it and even demand it? Why would he seem petulant towards those that withheld it?

[eidt for sleplnig]

[edit on 18/12/09 by argentus]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilw85

You completely missed the point, I think. I really don't believe that the author was trying to persuade people this really happened. I think he is making a point that some people will believe anything (the Bible, the next hack job conspiracy, THIS, etc.) He played on everyone pretty much. No matter who you are or what you believe, this story touched a little bit of everything. Religion, science, philosophy, atheism of course.

Another point I think the author is making is that it would be nice if something like this was true. That there really is certain life after death. That there really is a god being out there who can do anything. The REAL truth is: nobody knows anything for sure. At all.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Amazing article , talk about an enlightening conversation , woah this would be it! Live , love , Light!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wastedown
I liked the read a lot! Very interesting ideas! There is one thing that I noticed in the article that lets me know this is a complete work of fiction. Not that it isn't good fiction because it is. He is expressing some great ideas but people will take this as another Crazy Guy who Talked to God and dismiss the entirety of his work as a hoax or crazy attempt at getting attention.

At the very bottom of the page is this statement "(If you've enjoyed this and, in particular if you're wondering why we didn't touch on the issue of "Life After Death",
you might like to try my play - Resurrection Part 1 - Primary Species)"

He is a fictonal writer with great ideas that need to be viewed by many, I just dont want everyone to overlook what he is saying because he is saying he talked to God. Take it for what it is!

Yes, unfortunately pure fiction, besides the link to his play there is also the statement,
"This work is licensed by Harry Stottle (2000-05) under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. "

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Bunkum.

Imaginative bunkum, granted.

The question is - how far did each of us get before seeing through it? If it led anyone up the garden path for a fair amount of time it's only because it cleverly plays on what people want to believe.

Kind of like The Gray Area on steroids.

Completely agree , our destine is within ourselves !

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join