It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving because of Racial and Ethnic discrimination... where should I move to?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CaninE.G

The funny thing is, you are most likely surrounded by liberals, they are the worst racists because they talk about how much they love diversity as long as they don't live near them. It's not that their white, it's because they are liberals.

Oh wait a second, you called him a HAOLE, which I believe is a racist term Hawaiians use towards white people, so how does that make you any better. You assumed that the driver doesn't like minorities so he sped through the intersection, maybe the guy is just an a hole, but you are truly racist against whites.

By the way, grow a pair and man up, not everyone that is white is out to get you or discriminate against you, minorities in this country are so weak and pc, get over it already, everyone faces some sort of discrimination in their lives and I see plenty of non-white racists everyday.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Stinkhorn1]

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Stinkhorn1]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystrange

Originally posted by eradown
Ask yourself if it is really racism or is it poverty and unemployment troubling you. Many white people who are not doing well feel that if they were a minority they would be more employable. If prosperity is the problem you may need a more prosperous country. Think about China.

Perfect example of American style racist rationalization.

Being poor or less fortunate is not a license to aggrieve others.

Foreigners are not taking your prosperity from you, the people you voted for raped you and are telling you it's the minorities/illegals that did it.

Don't come to America if you hate people like me. There are plenty of other countires which will cater to the high and mighty such as yourself. You also do not need to invent a bull slime reason to hate me. You're free to hate any one you want. It is despicable that you are not comfortable enough in your hatred ;you need allies. So you start the modern equivalent of a witch hunt by labeling me a racist. Most of the people who call Americans rascist treat foriegners and people of different colors like excrement in their own countries. I know your kind; if I gave a black person my kidney you would claim I gave him a bad one then you would demand I give him my other one. Mean time you don't give anything away voluntarily except peices of your mind which you can keep.

Foreigners are not taking your prosperity from you, the people you voted for raped you and are telling you it's the minorities/illegals that did it.

This above was never spoken, never written ,and never even thought by me. Never once did I claim foriegners stole my prosperity. You pulled this out of yourself, ziggy.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by eradown]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaninE.G
Does anyone know anywhere on this earth where I will be accepted as a person of mixed ethnic background and not be discriminated against for my race and skin color?

I'm going to chime in for Canada, as well...especially Toronto. It is a city of neighbourhoods, and while you will encounter racist arses anywhere, Toronto celebrates its diversity in a big way. C'mon up for a visit and see...we'll leave a light on.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

What a whole bunch of bull, sorry my friend by I am a Spanish woman that have lived and work in the US have two born children and I have never experienced any type of discrimination so far.

What makes me different? I stand on my two legs I beg to nobody and I carry myself with dignity, pride and it only takes one look from me to stop any nonsense.

Sorry but only those that wants to be victims become victims.

BTW my daughter and son attended local schools and never were discriminated either, my daughter attended a major University and she had the time of her life as a member of the Spanish community in campus, she obtained grants thanks to them.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Oy...White, southern redneck here.... I'm sorry that you've had a rough time on the mainland brother, but I got to say maybe it's not what you think.

I'm reminded of an old saying that if everyone in the world seems to have a problem with you, then maybe its not everyone in the world that has a problem.

I understand that perception is reality, but that's the beauty of perception. You can change yours any time you want and that becomes your reality. However, if you are looking for a beautiful city with excellent educational opportunities and a diverse student body, I would recommend Norman Oklahoma. Home of the University of Oklahoma.

Little secret though...you wont get hated on for looking Mexican in Oklahoma, but you might be mistaken for an Indian!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by CaninE.G
Does anyone know anywhere on this earth where I will be accepted as a person of mixed ethnic background and not be discriminated against for my race and skin color?

I'm going to chime in for Canada, as well...especially Toronto. It is a city of neighbourhoods, and while you will encounter racist arses anywhere, Toronto celebrates its diversity in a big way. C'mon up for a visit and see...we'll leave a light on.

yeah true

Go canucks GO !!!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
yahhh ya betcha...canucks will give ya a fair shake yahhh...be careful of quebec doh...if ya don't speak french, day will getcha yahhh

[edit on 18-12-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
Ask yourself if it is really racism or is it poverty and unemployment troubling you. Many white people who are not doing well feel that if they were a minority they would be more employable. If prosperity is the problem you may need a more prosperous country. Think about China.

Perfect example of American style racist rationalization.

Being poor or less fortunate is not a license to aggrieve others.

I'm not sure why you chose to attack this poster. Poverty starts civil wars and overthrows governments, to imply that racism is worse than such things is ridiculous. I'm reminded of a thread recently where bank machines stopped working at a supermarket, and people irrationally began to harrass/attack employees of the store, as if they had control over it. Racism is irrational, and poverty makes people irrational, however it doesn't stop it from occuring, and pointing out this fact is not racism, it's realism.

In your mind, downtrodden unemployed whites feel if they were a minority they could get a job? which of course justifies racism. Exceptional logic.

I bet if you went and stood in front of home depot you'd get picked first just because you are white. If you are white. But you don't want that job, it's too hard and the pay is dirt. The illegal alien will work his butt off to put a loaf of bread on the table. No benefits, and gets treated like a dog.

This is confusing to me. you claim he'd get picked first cause he's white, but then you name off all of these reasons why an employer is most likely to hire the illegal alien. Of course you must assume that the employer doing the hiring will take money out of his bottom line, just so he can be racist. This makes no sense. Companies will hire the most labour they can for the cheapest amount of money. It all comes down to the shareholder's bottom line. This is why illegal immigration is allowed.

My Father in Law was a respected Doctor in Russia, he works at a Dog Shelter caring for Dogs and cleaning their poop. But since he's been here, he's been in college for 10 years, has 2 more degrees, and he's 77.

He sounds like a hard working fellow, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Are people supposed to feel guilty because they don't give up their respected professions to clean up dog crap?

It wasn't minorities that destroyed the economy it was the elite ruling class.
Mostly white people in fact. and Wars for profit.

We agree on this, but I'm not really sure what you're implying. The gap between rich and poor is becoming larger by the year, regardless of race. Protests, letters to representatives, and internet websites have proven ineffective in bringing this trend to a head. If you are implying guilt via whiteness, well, that's obviously a racist line of thinking.

I don't care if you are a bigot because I'm not afraid of you. I'm better than you. I can defeat you at every turn because I'm right and you are wrong.

I pay the taxes used for your benefits or subsidies, I came from another land at 11, legally. Went to work selling Hot Dogs on Broadway for peanuts. Worked full time when in High School, held every crappy job you can think of, worked my way through college, got a M.Sc., then a PhD.

Raised a family, 5 kids, all working or in School, worked 2 jobs, took in and supported my parents when they got old.

I worked for the GOV for years, started my own business, I live well, and I owe you nothing, not even an explanation. This land is my land, you want it, come and take it from me. I'm ready for you.

This is where your post turns into a self-indulgent, condescending rant. Who is saying they will take from you? Who doesn't have a success story? You are the one labelling, by assuming he is a bigot. It's this assumption that has paved the way for your post, a fine example of condescension.

My suggestion to downtrodden racist whites is not allowed by T.O.S. so I'll just say, you go to China, and good riddance, Or stop sobbing and get a crappy job like the aliens you are so afraid of do.

Yeah, great idea. Work for next to nothing so that elitists can make their billions. Working like a dog for next to nothing, KNOWING that a company could pay you more, is not something that people should do, let alone be proud of. You would recognize the greedy elite earlier in your post then choose to work like a dog so that their bottom line increases every year? are you nuts?

You say you are white, or you seem to speak for whites. I'm of European origins, as white or whiter than you but for me, it's not an anchor. Skin color means nothing. Nationality means nothing. You sure as hell don't speak for me. Character is everything. It's your actions that define what you are.

Nationality doesn't mean "nothing". It's an expression of how people work together as a group. You are basically saying there should be no countries? A one world government? Again, playing right into the hands of the already established ruling elite that you've blamed the economic troubles on.

Where you find yourself in life, at any time, is the direct result of you putting yourself there. No matter what color you are, or where you originate from.

I bet money you wouldn't go to any third world country, city, or subdivision and say this exact same thing. You would find a way to blame white americans. While I agree with you, the progressive movement does not.

Aliens is exactly what this country needs to go into the future. Neo-natives (white people) have grown complacent, lazy and arrogant. America is not for solipsistic wimps. I see posts here from apparently intelligent people saying the dumbest things I have ever read.

Classic. Here we have the immigrant defining what America is and is not. The problem with America is that it has not sense of self. It tries to comply with every voice trying to define what it is, so that no one gets their feelings hurt or is offended. You talk about solipsistic, every minority group is the definition of such a thing. If you think America has changed so much for the worse, maybe its you who should "move to china, good riddance".

I read fantasies about revolutions being regurgitated by dweebs that would soil their pants at the first shot fired their way. I read rants about Obama's policies and shortcomings that are more transparent than oxygen. Let's face it folks most of Obama haters are just not happy that there is a Black President.

Yeah. It's like that joke:
"what do you call someone winning an argument against a liberal?"
"what?"
"a racist"
You make no sense. You claim america is going to # via the elites, and then trash any talks of revolution simply because people are white. you're an absolute bigot. You hate the success of whites. Obama's faults are apparent, his "change", withheld. It is why he won, it is what he hasn't delivered. He's not different than Bush or any of them, yet you imply racism because he's not liked. Classic progressive self-loathing.

Sure the US is in the crapper right now. We are broke, overextended militarily and divided. The Democrats and Republicans are not worth a plugged nickel, and the Tea-Baggers are mentally challenged.

This "CENTRIST" President is trying to save the US from certain destruction caused by a disastrous administration, multiple Wars that are the direct result of our actions, and the financial consequences of rampant greed, and manipulation by the Elite.

If you stack the deck, and then you call the guy a loser, who are you lying to? Him? Obama knows the score.

You are lying to yourself.

Ziggy

The problem is obama continues to stack the deck. Increase spending, increase spending, increase spending. Put more troops into afghanistan. Sign onto a global tax in ca'nhagen. He is not different than any of them! your whole post seems to think all white people are elite, so any without jobs are lazy scum, not like you, who worked hard.
you blame the elite, then claim we should all work like dogs for them, because illegal aliens do. The tone of your post is if you didn't come from #, you aint worth #. This is indeed an idea that is changing America, and western culture, for the worse.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well op, I gotta say that Canada would love to have you. If you do come up here, take the warning of compounded university debt seriously. It's managable, interest rates and payments can be adjusted, and you can get grants based on performance.
However I DO hope you can set an example that teaches these people how wrong they are to judge you by your race.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
move to san francisco.
it's a highly elevated area with multi cultural society cohabitation.
it's a "safe" place.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As your problem is with conservative, white racists. May I suggest a simple solution.

Simply wear a T-shirt that reads " President Bush = The Man, The Leader, The Legend "

You will get so much props.

Or to simply deflect attention, wear one that says " Look at me if your gay"

All of the sudden you will feel like Odysseus holding up the severed head of medusa as old white men shield their eyes and children are mercifuly shot in the head to avoid looking at such an abomination.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

your worried about racism in Oregon?! go to alabama for a day and youll quite likely change your mind real quick about the definition of racism.

People in cars are VERY RARELY focused on the pedestrians, no matter the state or the skin colour involved. It also takes a certain kind of intelligence to walk across the streets in a busy intersection without calling attention to yourself, but you will learn over time

Western Carolina University in North Carolina just changed their lay out and its a great school for walking because most all traffic is routed to the outskirts of campus, however I would imagine that racism is rampant there because there is little else to do.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Maybe it's all in your head.

Since you haven't found where you "fit in" yet, you are blaming racism and using it as an excuse to run away.

Good luck

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Have you considered returning to the country that you came from? Surly you would not encounter such racism there.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Its not only where you are but also who you are. Be sure to make your own vibe more positive. And then move to Canada, Europe, NorthEastCoast or NorthWestCoast. And then be at peace.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here's some advice, coming from a Asian guy that immigrated to the U.S.

Stand up for yourself and act like a man (if you are a guy). You don't solve problems in life by running away from it. Face the problem with dignity, courage, integrity and character.

Racism is everywhere, but not everyone is a Racist.

When I was in Junior High, there was a guy (Caucasian male) who bully me around everyday before/during science class because I couldn't speak English well. One day I just snapped, I was fed up with being verbally attacked and sometimes physically pushed for almost an entire year. So I went ape shi* on the guy during the last few days before summer break, broke into a relatively short fist fight.

We were stopped by 2 P.E. teachers because no one else dared to jump in and break us up. I guess both of us had some real suppressed anger issues, me being affected by him and him possibly affected by his family up bringing. We were both suspended for 3 days from school. Upon returning to class, the guy never bullied me again for the remainder years in that school. In fact, I think both of us had some sort of respect for each other after that incident.

Running from state to state to avoid Racism is not practical. What happens if state B has the same racism issues like state A? Then what? You're going to run to state C and find out ti's the same crap all over again. So let me ask you, at which point do you take a stand for yourself? At some point right, when you're real fed up? Why not make it now?

Just my 0.02 RMB.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bagari

I dont totally agree, i have grown up my whole life in hawaii.. Im white and i have never had a problem, niether have any of my friends... But i do know it can happen, (theres always one or two bad apples to spoil it all) but usually it seems like they were askin for it and beind rude ect... People hate that mainland attitude here, (no matter what ethnic background you have.) Anyway, if you have a mixed ethnicity you will fit right in here...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

As your problem is with conservative, white racists. May I suggest a simple solution.

Simply wear a T-shirt that reads " President Bush = The Man, The Leader, The Legend "

You will get so much props.

Or to simply deflect attention, wear one that says " Look at me if your gay"

All of the sudden you will feel like Odysseus holding up the severed head of medusa as old white men shield their eyes and children are mercifuly shot in the head to avoid looking at such an abomination.

Dude that's hilarious. Seriously, Maybe if I walk like an American, talk like an America, and dress like an American and spend maybe about 3 more months in a sunlight deprived place, I can pull off being White! yay! maybe then people won't judge me before I get a chance to speak. The current setup goes is that white people are surprised that I speak english. That part has continually pissed me off.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by CaninE.G]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoping4thebest
reply to post by bagari

I dont totally agree, i have grown up my whole life in hawaii.. Im white and i have never had a problem, niether have any of my friends... But i do know it can happen, (theres always one or two bad apples to spoil it all) but usually it seems like they were askin for it and beind rude ect... People hate that mainland attitude here, (no matter what ethnic background you have.) Anyway, if you have a mixed ethnicity you will fit right in here...

haha, funny thing is I AM FROM HAWAII, BORN AND RAISED. that is the one place I know of where you can be "hapa" (any kine mix ethnic background, brah), and everyone else is too. That's what I'm trying to get at. Coming from Hawaii, I was so accepted there because everyone is a mixed plate. The funniest part isthat whites are the ones looked down upon in Hawaii! So going from that and then coming over here and being the only brown boy in a town of pale people, yes it attracted stares.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
And I just wanted to state that the purpose of this thread isn't a "Woe is me," thread, I'm just saying it makes me crack up that there is still "racism" in the world, and I wanted to state that. It is such an old topic and idea, yet I still see it in the world, especially America.

call it what you want: racism, ethnic discrimination, classism, they all promote the same thing: hate, aggression, and even more inequality and separation between us all. We are all humans here! come on!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join