It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving because of Racial and Ethnic discrimination... where should I move to?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaninE.G
And I just wanted to state that the purpose of this thread isn't a "Woe is me," thread, I'm just saying it makes me crack up that there is still "racism" in the world, and I wanted to state that. It is such an old topic and idea, yet I still see it in the world, especially America.

call it what you want: racism, ethnic discrimination, classism, they all promote the same thing: hate, aggression, and even more inequality and separation between us all. We are all humans here! come on!

Dude, You need to move to a place that has a lot of minorities like New York or LA.

You will be begging to go back around white people.

From the stuff you have posted you have absolutely no Idea about America!

Just to let you in on a little secret. Blacks don't like Mexicans, Chinese Don't like Mexicans and the people who don't like Mexican the most are Mexicans. I know your not Mexican, but you are now.

You think white people don't like you because some guy drove passed you at an intersection when it was your turn? Wait until you have to worry about getting stabbed or shot or mugged not because the color of your skin but because you might have 5 bucks in your pocket.

I suggest you move to Chicago or DC, you wont find to many white people there. Have fun.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CaninE.G

Hawaiian?

I laughed out loud when I heard that...

I met someone recently, who Hates Navajos over here...

I have to say, the spew was the most moronic thing I have ever heard in my life, on and on... and the Navajo's here are mostly (some people suck no matter what your culture is) the nicest people.

I can understand when another culture actually is a threat to your way of life that some people might get angry...

But last I checked that didn't apply to the Navajo's or in your case Hawaiian's (nor did it ever in those examples)

Bro...

Most people are cool, no matter where you go, there will be a few Darwin Award winners waiting to happen... I wouldn't let it get me down, for some Hate is just a way of life.

Although (and no offense please ) as the guy above said... watching people cross at a traffic light and then judging White People as all Racist is A: Kind of Racist in itself and wholly an unscientific or rational way to look at things.... Maybe your town there does bite... in regards to that, but it by no means defines America or White people...

[edit on 20-12-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
All racist man, woman, or child should be killed but first tortured for a year by means of skin burning and cutting. Same should even be done to those filthy racist children.

I say kill all rapists
I say kill all racist
I say kill all abusers
I say kill all those who kill the innocent

This is my NWO I believe in.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Oregon?

Where at in Oregon are you being so mistreated because of your skin color? The college towns in Oregon it would be really rare considering the make up of each of the towns. The main school towns are Forrest Grove ( high hispanic area) , Portland ( big mix of people), Corvallis and Eugene ( just big mixed college towns). Other then that you are talking community college and that's in mostly suburb areas like Gresham,Beaverton and Tigard.

Do you have a better example then the car one? That could and has happened to probably every skin color and had nothing to do with your background. The person probably couldn't even see you and was in a hurry.

Law of attraction. If your putting out vibes of racism or feeling like your always thinking your being discriminated against then you will be.

If you feel that in Oregon you have issues then really your only hope it to move to a hole in the ground. I'm not saying there is no racism in Oregon but it is much less then most places probably in the world.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hatred and Envy

You need to go and get some friends, mate. Temper your feelings with happiness.

To topic. Just move around a bit and find somewhere more comfotavle which meets your expectations. I would travel overseas too, as that often helps educate.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Above user:

Happiness doesn't stop racism. You can use your own hate as a drive to stop these flaws of man. I honestly think if a child is racist he should be beat and even killed if he/she refuses to change. The TC needs to teach these filthy lower people a lesson.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This is some great discussion here from both sides. I agree with posters on either side of this issue, and thank you for your well thought out words and ideas. It has really given me a new perspective on all of this.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

I live in Dallas (Southlake) and your attitude irritates me, that's why I don't like anyone in this city. Just kidding, I totally agree with you, people in my area seem to be the worst, they look down on people without boat loads of money. (me) just go down I-35 around 4:00 to 5:00, make plenty of enemies here. I have found the more eastern parts of Dallas tend to have more polite residents, I can't help but feel like I'm being biased, but who cares. Not me and that's all that matters in my world.

Kidding about that last sentence kinda

[edit on 23-12-2009 by milkmustache]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Black man living in L.A. in a mexican neighborhood checking in
..yeah, racism is everywhere. Mexicans/salvadorans really do hate black folks. I had no idea. They stare at me when I walk down the street to my car in that "you don't belong" kind of way, rudeness/disrespect in the local corner stores etc..all of the behavior normally attributed to those whites who are racists, I've seen here. repeatedly. Every group needs another group to look down on, it seems..anyway, glad you're sticking it out, OP. eff the racists..do your thang

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join