It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk 4-Year-Old Steals Christmas Presents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
"He runs away trying to find his father," she said. "He wants to get in trouble so he can go to jail because that's where his daddy is."

I tell you what, regardless of the one liners in this thread after reading that line above I had to choke back a tear. My 2 year old is clinging to me all of the time and I can only imagine how he feels because he misses his dad. Wow...

It is sad. Even sadder to think is that statistically speaking the child has a 73% chance of making it to jail/prison someday just because his father is incarcerated. That's a horrible fate that no child should ever have to face.

Take good care of that 2 year old and don't stop being a positive role-model for him in every little thing you do...and just so you know, he probably won't ever stop missing his dad every time you are away. My daughter is 12 and she hates going to school while I am at work still and clings to me every chance she can get. I'm sure your son will do the same, even when he finds his own wings.

(And on the off-chance that you do find him at the age of 4 drunk, with a beer in hand, and wearing a dress, don't punish him too severely but just let him know that you love him and will always be there for him.)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

Originally posted by mikelee
"He runs away trying to find his father," she said. "He wants to get in trouble so he can go to jail because that's where his daddy is."

I tell you what, regardless of the one liners in this thread after reading that line above I had to choke back a tear. My 2 year old is clinging to me all of the time and I can only imagine how he feels because he misses his dad. Wow...

It is sad. Even sadder to think is that statistically speaking the child has a 73% chance of making it to jail/prison someday just because his father is incarcerated. That's a horrible fate that no child should ever have to face.

Take good care of that 2 year old and don't stop being a positive role-model for him in every little thing you do...and just so you know, he probably won't ever stop missing his dad every time you are away. My daughter is 12 and she hates going to school while I am at work still and clings to me every chance she can get. I'm sure your son will do the same, even when he finds his own wings.

(And on the off-chance that you do find him at the age of 4 drunk, with a beer in hand, and wearing a dress, don't punish him too severely but just let him know that you love him and will always be there for him.)

LOL. I'll use the ATS archive search feature and show him this thread.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

For me it was my youngest, he was always into something and he had a thing for finding out how electronics worked, he was always taking them apart.

I don't think her husband being in jail makes her a bad mother, I don't think she's a bad mother, just that at this point in time she may need a little help taking care of her kids. I'm not being hard on the mother at all, however I do think that she needs to exercise some common sense. And I'm sorry but IMO leaving beer where children have easy access to it is not using common sense. My problem is not so much with the boy getting out of the house (as I know things like this happen, no matter how attentive you are) my problem is with the fact that a 4 year old child was walking around drinking a beer as if it was nothing new to him.

Raising any child during any phase of their life is not easy, and yes if you let any child get bored your screwed as they will find something to occupy themselves, and it's usually not what you would want them to occupy themselves with.

I raised two sons as a single parent (both fine men now 30 & 28) so I know how hard it is, and how easy it is for them to get into things no matter how attentive you are. You can be the best parent in the world, but you can't keep your eye on them 24/7 which is where common sense comes in. So you teach them from a very young age things that are not allowed like touching alcohol, walking out of the house alone, etc, and you use common sense like not leaving alcohol within a young child's reach, not leaving them unattended outside, or in a vehicle (especially one that's running)
and if you're feeling overwhelmed ask for help.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

That's because CPS doesn't want to help. and trust me, that kid is far better off right now, than if CPS got their hands on him.

I completely agree with you here, the last thing that CPS wants to do is help families, and he is better off without CPS getting their hands on him.

If Cps got a hold of him, they would just say he had some mental illness. drug him up while thanks to bigpharma ......

You're right the first thing they want to do is drug these kids down.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I'm not a fan CPS either.

No doubt. This agency has WAY too much power. And yet, no politician can touch it, or they'll be seen as "against kids"...

Here's a state agency that can come in and take away your children with almost NO due process, and without the need of any kind of criminal conviction (or even being charged). No jury trial, etc. You would think that anything serious enough to take one's child would require all of this, but it doesn't....and it is a direct affront to the Constitution.

Having seen this happen on a way too personal level, and to good people, if I won the lotto, I'd almost make it a mission to ensure that you had to follow due process before taking someone's kid away....

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

I heard this on the news this morning and I can sympathize with the little boy. But This is CPS and they really have there heads up there
. Well at least the mother should take parenting classes. Get detoxed.

My current involvement with CPS has to do with them giving custody with a potential abuser. This is after he beat her up and she was sent to a hospital in handcuffs. I'm not making any of this up. I even posted a thread here on ATS. The good news she got her child back, but that was after 4 months of dealing with a system that lied about an investigation. And we ain't out of the woods yet, the father at every turn is trying to steel the kid away from her again.

I'm not going to post the thread here, but don't be surprise that CPS gave the kid to the mother.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Ok Look, little kids like the taste of beer. My dad would give me a sip of his now and then.

If a parent ever gave him a sip, he already knows he likes it.

Is it like a grown man going? I need a beer, get me one out of the fridge?

No, just like any beverage they like, they just want it.

Four year olds can figure out how to open a can. Four year olds also don't know about the seperation of gender and wanted to wear a dress, or could of been pretending to be a character on tv.

I could totally see a four year old doing this. I could see my four year old doing this. Much ado about nothing.

It is not the end of the world.

Me, personally, I find it funny.

Poor mom is a single mom and was probably trying to sneak in a nap.

Did this take place in the US? With the highest incarcerated population because you get thrown in jail for a thimbleful of pot?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join