It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk 4-Year-Old Steals Christmas Presents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Drunk 4-Year-Old Steals Christmas Presents

www.newschannel9.com

A 4-year-old boy, beer in hand, is accused of stealing Christmas presents from his neighbors. It's a strange story, but also a sad one. April Wright is 21 years old and is going through a divorce with her husband who is in jail. She says she is not sure how her 4-year-old managed to get out of the house, open a beer, and steal the neighbors presents from under their tree. Now she's just glad he's okay and says she won't let it happen again.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

In a police reports, officers said he was wearing a little girl's dress and drinking a beer.

I just had to laugh when I read this line. Can you imagine that scene?

On a serious note though. It is quite sad that this boys parents are two of the biggest losers on the planet. Dad is in jail and Mom is quite obviously to stupid to properly care for her son. I feel bad for this boys future.

Wright says her four year old followed his father's footsteps and was found on Blue Spruce Road, drinking.

"He runs away trying to find his father," she said. "He wants to get in trouble so he can go to jail because that's where his daddy is."

What a shame...

www.newschannel9.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

I dunno sounds like Me on Christmas Eve...

seriously this kid is obviously going to grow up to be this man right here...

the future of the child

Sad, truely Sad but true...

Jokes aside, Dads in jail...Kids Traumatized and has a genetic predisposition for crime to boot, Mom looks slightly Tarded as well... somehow I am sure Meth Amphetamine came into the picture in this family along this road to this point

This Kid NEEDS ALLOT OF LOVE to have any hope...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Worst part about this...

This Child engaging in that behavior at that age...

SMART AS HELL to be thinking that complexly, locks of doors? Into another house to get presents, knowing the ramifications social of beer and Women's cloths to make spectacle and get arrested?

This Kid at 4? Bright, really Bright on a level... Probably gifted...

Makes it all the more tragic...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I don't no about you, but at age 4 i was already interested in UFOs and Quantom physics, thats probably my dads fault for teaching my about the origins of life at a very young age.

Understand life at an age like that will do great things for you when you turn teenager. like me!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Has anyone considered the idea that the mother put him up to it?

America is much more than this

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I was very similar that is why I recognize what this child actually is...

But my Dad wasn't in Jail, my parents weren't Users and I didn't grow up among or raised by criminals...

Have you ever thought of the horror you could be if you had turned BAD?

YES... the brains tend to let you recognize these things and people like us KNOW better...

But the thought has crossed my mind as to what hell I might deliver to the world if as a child my Mind had been traumatized, I think of these things sometimes in reflection on How Hitlers come to be... the origins of such people...

Genius turned Evil

This child needs some sort of intervention, not put away or taken from Mom, but extra help, love, attention...

An idiot gone criminal as an adult isn't that big of a deal, a Bright child turned criminal is a Nightmare waiting to happen...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It is clear the little boy painfully misses his father. In more prosperous times the boy might not have a dad in prison and he and his mom wouldnot be living in a trailer park.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by eradown]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
you see people on tv using nastyhol to deal with their problems all the time, the kid probably seen something on tv and said hey i'll try that then gets drunk off it and wants a early christmas.

kids these days are super smart really early in life because they are exposed to so much so don't throw blame yet

[edit on 17-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I hope for the child's sake this family gets their act together and pays closer attention to him. They can start by keeping their alcohol out of children's reach, and teaching the children that they are not allowed to touch alcohol.

Hopefully there will be some kind of supervision over this family for awhile to make sure the kids are safe.

I don't know something just doesn't sound right with this story. I've never seen, nor heard of a 4 year old child getting up, leaving the house and wandering the streets at 1:30 in the morning. Most kids that age are sound asleep at that time and if they do wake usually seek out their parents. It also seems strange that he would drink beer in the first place, I doubt that most children like the taste of beer, makes me think that he's tasted it before. Seems like a little more than the "honest mistake" that the mother is trying to make it out to be.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentleman, we are witnessing the birth of a super villain.

I'd like to call him Mr. Smalls

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

I don't know why you think they live in a trailer park, the article doesn't mention a trailer park. If you watch the video you'll se that they live in a regular house, in a regular neighborhood.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Wow, than you never met my eldest. Wonderfully well behaved boy now, but as a toddler there wasn't a child proof device he couldn't undo. He always had me on my toes, because everything was a quest to understanding how things worked for him, and because he was so emotionally secure he was also fearless. On at least one occasion at the age of two he broke out of the house in the middle of the night, and a few months prior to that one morning while car was warming up, I had buckled him into his car seat. I went back to the house to turn off all the lights and lock the door, next thing I knew the car was barreling into the front porch. He had unbuckled himself from his car seat (I didn't know at the time he could do that) and decided he wanted to try to drive. I was freaked out and in tears while he was laughing his head off unaware of the destruction he had caused and of his mothers fear for his life. I rarely ever took my eyes off of him, and was the most attentive parent possible, but things happen. He is in a school for the gifted BTW.
As for the father being in jail... I'm not surprised that my Ex end up in jail a few times, but that didn't make me a bad mother, I just happened to make the mistake of marrying a guy based on who he said he wanted to be rather than who he was. I was young and stupid and believed the "Marry me and I'll be a good husband despite the fact that I am a loser now" lies. Something that required more life experience to know better than I had at the time. So don't be to hard on the mother. The kid is obviously bright, and raising a gifted child during the toddler and preschool years is not easy. You let them get bored and you are screwed.

edited for appalling grammar and punctuation. Edit again because I missed something during the first edit.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by calstorm]

[edit on 17-12-2009 by calstorm]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
reply to post by eradown

I don't know why you think they live in a trailer park, the article doesn't mention a trailer park. If you watch the video you'll se that they live in a regular house, in a regular neighborhood.

I was reading another thread on another site where posters were calling the family trailer park trash. It looks like there was no basis for that nasty lable. I could not bring myself to watch the video. The story is too sad. CPS almost never is able to help. The child needs a loving father.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

reply to post by eradown

I was reading another thread on another site where posters were calling the family trailer park trash. It looks like there was no basis for that nasty lable. I could not bring myself to watch the video. The story is too sad. CPS almost never is able to help. The child needs a loving father.

That's because CPS doesn't want to help. and trust me, that kid is far better off right now, than if CPS got their hands on him. The kid still has a chance as it stands. If Cps got a hold of him, they would just say he had some mental illness. drug him up while thanks to bigpharma and then toss him out on the streets once he ages out. With any luck he he'll avoid the overwhelming majority of foster homes that are abusive or the the many pedophiles who become foster parents looking for easy victims, but since kids in foster care have no form of stability and get shuffled around all the time the chances of him not being seriously abused or raped is slim to none.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I'm not a fan CPS either. Many sensible posters want the family monitored and as you pointed out that will end badly. Churches have really been strained by all the poverty so they probably aren't able to help the family that much.I have a feeling the root cause of dad's incarceration is the economy. This horrible story is straight out of Dickens.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I don't no about you, but at age 4 i was already interested in UFOs and Quantom physics
I love irony.

Understand life at an age like that will do great things for you when you turn teenager. like me!

Yes, I will most likely get another warning for speaking the truth...

Are you serious kid? You claim that at age four you were supergenius learning about theoretical physics, yet you write worse than some third graders I know.
----------------------

Originally posted by calstorm

Originally posted by eradown

reply to post by eradown

That's because CPS doesn't want to help. and trust me, that kid is far better off right now, than if CPS got their hands on him. The kid still has a chance as it stands. If Cps got a hold of him, they would just say he had some mental illness. drug him up while thanks to bigpharma and then toss him out on the streets once he ages out. With any luck he he'll avoid the overwhelming majority of foster homes that are abusive or the the many pedophiles who become foster parents looking for easy victims, but since kids in foster care have no form of stability and get shuffled around all the time the chances of him not being seriously abused or raped is slim to none.

Completely agree here. CPS has no interest in helping this kid. Lets hope this kid finds someone who does care and helps set him straight, even if it's less than legal.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Happyfeet]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Although I have been caught drunk, with beer in hand, wearing a dress I had the commonsense not to get caught partaking in such debauchery until College.

That said, I do want to say a few words about 4 year old children for those that have never raised a 4 year old...

No matter how good of a parent you are, they have minds of their own. They are resourceful and can escape the supervision of even the most scrutinizing parent who oversees their child like a mother hawk.

Case in point...my daughter, at age 4, not once, not twice, but three times ran away from the care of her mother (who was 23 at the time as opposed to the 21 year old mother in this news story) with Checkbook, Credit Cards, Cash, two changes of Clothes, Food, Drink, and other Sundry Items and made it to a Public Park two miles away (where I would take her every day after I returned from work) to wait for me. Each time the Police brought her back, thankfully she had been unharmed and was safe. The third and final time the Officers were going to arrest her mother for Criminal Child Neglect, but after seeing my daughter stack furniture in front of the door and climb them to undo the 4 locks at the top of the door, they realized that it wasn't Neglect at all, but a resourceful and determined 4 year old child!

Still to this day I have no idea where my daughter got the idea to pack a run-away bag and to run-away from home came from at such a young age.

However, that isn't to say that this child doesn't have some issues that his parents no doubt have contributed to. I'm just saying that one shouldn't jump to conclusions. For the fact that neither the Sheriff's Department nor Children Protective Services found the mother culpable of any wrong-doing goes to show that you can't easily blame the mother.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
"He runs away trying to find his father," she said. "He wants to get in trouble so he can go to jail because that's where his daddy is."

I tell you what, regardless of the one liners in this thread after reading that line above I had to choke back a tear. My 2 year old is clinging to me all of the time and I can only imagine how he feels because he misses his dad. Wow...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This kid should be in prison and throw away the key! 40 years of hard labor should get this kid head on straight! That should appease all the paranoid nutjobs out there!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join