It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Americans' majority to end by mid-century

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SorensDespair

just to egg you on a bit...

why so much anger at his statement about the black race when it was worse for the chinese,what about them?
low cost labor?
why didn't that part offend you?

just saying is all
I think the whole race and ethnic concepts are retarded anyways,if you can breed then they're human.

oh ok you did,internet lag got me...

[edit on 16-12-2009 by the_grand_pooh-bah]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Well let me explain some nuances to you....

You claim that there is a genetic predisposition towards certain activities. Do you have any evidence outside of simple observation (that is, seeing many black entertainers and athletes, many Chinese industrial workers and white businessmen)?

One of the major contributors to the (few) black athletes and entertainers that you see is socioeconomic conditions that don't allow inner city students to progress as far as suburban white students. Often, the only way out (to the TV, which is where I assume you get your social conceptions) is through sports or entertainment.

To blame genetics for Chinese industry is also ridiculous.

Applying genetics to such a complex topic as social roles is coloring-book sociology. Take it back to kindergarten.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by the_grand_pooh-bah

I'm offended by all of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
I too am from a mxing pot of a city, Toronto, we have a ton of immigration and already visible minorities make up 47% of the Toronto population. I have absolutely no problem with immigration and mixing of colours, or even the dissipation of any colour, the only issue i ahve is the holding onto a culture of a country.
We are Canada, if you want to come to Canada be whatever and whoever you are but your now a Canadian, we need to hold onto our own cultures as we adopt more and more other ones.
Im not saying give up your native cultrue not at all, but just as you have dual citizenship or what have you you should have duel standards for cultural aspirations.

I agree 100%.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SorensDespair

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Blacks make great music and are untouchable at sports.

Well I'm glad that they can entertain you. I'm sure that those black astrophysicists and such should just give up their careers and put on a pair of tap-shoes.

Your posts are repulsive.

I have personally met thousands of black convicted criminals, but not one black astrophysicist.

Alternately, I have met thousands of white convicted criminals, but not one white astrophysicist.

White folks make good music too. Music is a matter of taste, largely dependent on the culture of the listener. Music has little to do with intelligence or superiority.

It is my firm opinion that anyone who acknowledges racial difference among people is by definition a racist, regardless of the view held or which race is favored by such view.

Everyone, regardless of race, discriminates against and is prejudiced against everyone else on basis of social/financial class.

Race really has little to do with current domestic policy, except in the case of whites. The U.S. government severely discriminates against whites on basis of race. The media discriminates against whites too.

Note that I am talking about today, not historically.

Blacks don't mind being treated differently at all, just so long as the differential treatment is favorable to blacks. The same holds true for any other race.

Nobody truly wants equality. Everyone wants to be at least just a little "better" than their peers.

A little more money, a little more power. That's what it is all about.

Anyway, equality is impossible. It is against the laws of nature.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SorensDespair

If this were true, whites would catch up to blacks in pro sports later on in their careers. They're all rich, all play, say, basketball, yet blacks are superior to other races in terms of speed/size ratio, as well as vertical leap.
If what you say is true, wouldn't whites/hispanics "catch up" to blacks after a few years of sharing the same type of socioeconomic conditions? They should if you're right. But they don't.
Not to mention the many studies, all of them saying asians have the highest iq's, as well as showing other consistancies.
There are a lot more differences, i could go on. Frankly I don't see a problem with any of it. I think you're making a choice to be offended tbh.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by slimpickens93

Originally posted by EMPIRE
reply to post by hoghead cheese

You know what it's all about, it's the fear that we whites won't be in charge pure and simple.

This is the single greatest sentence in this entire thread.

As if "we" were ever in charge to begin with.

White and elite are not synonymous.

Of course not... but the psychological illusion of such power are there hidden in the dark corner in their minds.

About bloodlines... BS.. its not about bloodlines.. its all about bloodbankaccount. Real rich people marry only rich people because they don't want the power be diminished if they marry a poor partner.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This may be off-topic but here goes. Racial majority doesn't really matter. What matters is who has the money. Even if it is a "white minority", the white power structure will remain intact. America has a very rigid class structure. Don't see it changing anytime soon. Simply, the rich white man and the rich black man will work together to maintain the status quo. It is to their benefit. The poor white man and the poor black man are encouraged to hate one another. Also for the rich mans benefit.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I find it a little funny that people are worried about culture changing.

Culture is ALWAYS changing, it's a part of life, and we have to accept it, "change"

I saw a comment on someone saying it would be boring if the whole world had mixed people in each country. But in my honest opinion, it's not really much about how you look that makes a culture. There will ALWAYS be different cultures in different countries no matter what happens with the mixing of genetics.

E.g Asian people who grew up in London are going to be a little different to asian people who grew up in africa.

There still will be cultures and it will always be changing, evolving, along with technology (that's 100% changing world culture) and unique people will still be around to change culture.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
people who welcome this are cultural suicide merchants- I doubt many Africans or Asians would be "welcoming" their nations turning non black or asian..........

The self loathing and lack of appreciation by some never ceases to amaze me
Im a white african. life in Botswana was pretty damned calm and worth it. just boring as all hell unless you are a criminal smuggling diamonds.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well op, form personal view, I would say the article was posted 50 years too late.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
(A day in 2050)
*White man walks into a bar*

Man: I'll take a bud light please.

Bartender: WE DON'T SERVE YOUR KIND HERE!

Welcome to America...

40 years off dude

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_grand_pooh-bah
I think the whole race and ethnic concepts are retarded anyways,if you can breed then they're human.
[edit on 16-12-2009 by the_grand_pooh-bah]

Race and ethnicity are 2 different concepts. Race is purely based on categorization based on physical and genetic characteristics, where as ethnicity is predominantly cultural. Two ethnic groups may be the same physically (generally), yet they may share nothing with regards to culture.

As for different "races" being good at different things, that is surely baloney. Japan and S.Korea being masters of micro electronics is simply a cultural and social attribute. I'm quite adamant that if they can put their minds too it, Silicon Valley may be able to create something of equal significance...maybe.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

And you compare them To Chinese (who also assimilate really well despite a world apart culturally)

How extreme can you possibly be?

What should we only allow Norwegians and Brits?

PLUS they are our neighbors too... Should we Genocide a bunch of Catholic Europeans for all intents and purposes...

You have got to be kidding me...

No kidding;
50 percent of Hispanics and blacks (not indigenous Mexicans) drop out of school. Average IQ 85
60 percent of the graduate class (working on their PHds) in LA are Asians.

Spanish is the OFFICIAL government language in AMERICAN towns along the border which are 90 percent Hispanic. Canada still has 2 languages.
Tortured confessions are admissible in Mexico.
Rape is not a crime in Mexico. The even have separate buses for women in Mexico city.
You are guilty until proven innocent in mexico
Machismo is the culture. Women are second class citizens.
Corruption is the norm throughout the government.
Homicide is fifteen to fifty times higher in South America than American Suburbia

banderasnews.com...
The Mexican racial breakdown is officially presented as 9% white, 60% Mestizo (Indigenous-European hybrid), 30% Indigenous, and 1% other. The Mestizaje (mixture) of Indians and Spaniards is the principal fact of Mexican racial history. And yet, the details are even more complicated.

Roughly speaking, the Mexican population was calculated to be 65% indigenous, and 35% non-indigenous (European, African, Asian.)

[edit on 16-12-2009 by RRokkyy]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by slimpickens93

You have a biracial president in office. How many presidents before him were biracial or of anything besides white? The top 10% of money makers in this country are of what race? The top lawmakers of this country are of what race? The majority of senate and congress are of what race? The majority of sports team owners and managers are of what race? The majority of franchise owners are of what race?

White Americans in the lower tax bracket are not in charge, yet they benefit from Eurocentrism and White Privilege.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Ok guys, I'm on it

I'll start speeding up the birthrate of whites as fast as possible!

Hopefully if we can all group together, we can speed up the rate

It'll be tough, so make so you all get plenty of fluids.

Let's hit the clubs now!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I find it a little funny that people are worried about culture changing.

Culture is ALWAYS changing, it's a part of life, and we have to accept it, "change"

I saw a comment on someone saying it would be boring if the whole world had mixed people in each country. But in my honest opinion, it's not really much about how you look that makes a culture. There will ALWAYS be different cultures in different countries no matter what happens with the mixing of genetics.

E.g Asian people who grew up in London are going to be a little different to asian people who grew up in africa.

There still will be cultures and it will always be changing, evolving, along with technology (that's 100% changing world culture) and unique people will still be around to change culture.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by _Phoenix_]

This was certainly more true in U.K. (and particularly London) 30/50 years ago. The initial migratory wave (post-WWII, not Norman conquest
) saw many from the Empire's colonies settle and work. They adapted to a British system and brought with it some of their culture, which in turn was co-opted by the greater population (case in point: Chikken Tikka Masala is a British dish, not Asian).

Where I live currently, the East End of London, has historically been the landing strip for many people moving to Britain. There was a large Jewish population, now it is inherently Asian. Over the last few years a lot of Eastern European economic migrants have moved to this part of London. This is your changing culture and on the tip of this iceberg I have no issue.

The problem lies under the water (so to speak). The last 10 years has seen an active policy change (yes, sorry, The Government). We are told that diversity is good and so now actively pursue the policy of multi-culturalism. Whereas in the past immigrants adapted and integrated there is now less pressure for them to do so. Whether it be from a larger surrounding community giving support(bottom up), or active promotion within education and social-services(top-down), what I have witnessed is nothing more than a Ghetto-isation of communities. It serves only to Balkanise and set community against community (rather than nation against nation?)

So, yes my perspective is as a White, English guy who finds it refreshing to hear his own language spoken clearly when out and about. I'm also the same white, English guy who feels safer in these neighbourhood than in predominantly white areas because in my experience generally, "people pick on their own".

Am I racially biased? Probably. It is my crime, it is also my punishment.

Gotta go, late for work.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I have to agree with that.

Somehow, I knew that this was going to turn into a mexican bashing thread. Yes, Mexico is our southern neighbor, and yes, there are many illegals that cross (believe it or not, I hate it too because of cheap labor it reduces my chances of getting hired, and I'm mexican), but how can you anglos forget that your forefathers forced an occupation, eliminating the indians while claiming this land as yours? Not all mexicans are as evil and vile as you make them out to be. They surely aren't here to depopulate you either.

I'm pretty tired of all this xenophobic racism and hate for one another based on skin color. Can't we all just get along?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Thank God! This materialistic, selfish, consumerist, intolerant, fast-food, immediate gratification, fearful, spoiled, corrupt culture is nothing to be proud of.

as if those are "white" traits, as if someone from Burkina Faso would not sell his fifth son to trade places with you.......

This is what I am talking about, the white spoilt brats (presuming you are white) who have a self destruct button inbuilt.

Strong nations come from relative homogenity (not talking 100%, I am not some nazi), weak nations come from multi cultural mixes- the US is on the road to decline, in 40 years it will be the equivalent of Brazil

[edit on 17-12-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I am glad to be an American.

Thank god for Thai Squid with Vegetables, Dia de los muertos, African art, Italian pizza, Tacos and Enchiladas (could not live without Mexican food), oh don't forget Pork shredded and cooked in a Beijing special sauce (anything stirfried for that matter), Matarpaneer, wearing a sari, celtic tatoos, curry, chai tea, oolong tea, penne with mushroom soffritto, Greek Polisporo Soup, Ham Hocks and greens, ginger beer, Nkwantenkwan Soup, Mexican adobe houses, mexican music, fancy dancers, American Indian singing, Tibetan singing bowls, kelewele ,pow wows - the list goes on and on.

We are all one culture within one tribe, and our name is humanity.

Once people stop thinking in terms of you and me and start thinking in terms of we the world will be a much happier place.

We all have so much to offer each other.

The very best fish I ever ate in my whole life was about 30 years ago on some side street in Chicago, in a little hole in the wall Vietnamese Dive. She brought out the whole fish. Unbelievably the best fish I have ever had.

We still need to keep our various "traditions" alive for they are all sacred and many of our ancient "folk lores" may eventually point us towards our real history vs our made up history.

But embrace each other - a hug feels better than a slap and laughter sounds more relaxing than a cry.

At least if we were all "one color" that would be one less thing to fight about.

One last thought. In another thousand years we all may be gray, tiny holes for ears, a slit mouth, with big bulbous eyes. Humanity's DNA has been mucked with many times. We are literally stardust. IMO, from what I have read and surmize all of us are decendants of those who were not even born on this little ball of dirt we call Earth.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join