It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Americans' majority to end by mid-century

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
people who welcome this are cultural suicide merchants- I doubt many Africans or Asians would be "welcoming" their nations turning non black or asian..........

The self loathing and lack of appreciation by some never ceases to amaze me

i agree with this 100%, and its something that gets over looked in our society today.

Black slave traders oppressed black slaves long before "The white man" ever showed up.

But nobody remembers that.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have 4 sons and we used to live on a quiet street with mostly white neighbors. About 10 years later the majority of the whites had left and we thought "that's fine, we're not racists". After the second drive by shooting on our street sprayed the house next to ours with bullets we decided to move. Did that make us racists?
Whether or not you're a racist, there are certain racial stereotypes that have a grain of truth to them. It seems a wild west gun culture has arisen among young black men and I don't care to be around that or have my kids aroung that. I teach them responsible firearm use. Let's face it; many stereotypes are true and it's those things that people react to, not the individuals themselves.
If I'm walking down a street late at night and see a group of young black or hispanic men would avoiding them make me a racist? Call me what you want but I will still have my life and my wallet.
I'm fine with all cultures and races but it isn't easy for any of us to see the general demographics change drastically. Change is, for most of us, scary.
That's all anyone here is saying.
Diversity is great, it's what has made AMerica great, but to lose the white part of our culture would still be a loss all the same.
Perhaps if they played Brahms on the speakers where I pump my gas I would feel differently. We are definitely losing some of what white culture has brought to the table.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by northexpedition
reply to post by EMPIRE

100% of the people who spilled blood in the American Revolution were white. You act like we have no entitlement to anything, when we clearly do.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by northexpedition]

100%? You sure about that? Go look up Crispus Attucks and see if that number still holds.
No sir, many free blacks and native americans fought the british during the revolution and earned their freedom right alongside the whites.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by northexpedition

A lot of different viewpoints are promoted world wide, including bovine scatology.

So? The ideaologies I listed are B.S. yet many people blindly accept them.

What non-white countries endorse white privilege? Examples please? Japan? India? Venezuela?

Whatever country has a caste system based on skin tone, with lighter/fair skinned being upper echelon, supports it. There are many books you can read pertaining to this subject, and if you’re serious about it I can give you several ISBN’s.

Founded the concept of a nation called the United States of America, the freest, most powerful, and most prosperous country the world has ever seen. It's the theory of the "social contract" between the government and the People I am talking about.

Friend, the theory you speak of is non-existent as the “social contract” you reference is not as it appears. Furthermore, you cannot forget the fact that many people who contributed to the growth of this nation were not free, were not powerful and were not prosperous.

The Constitution did not abolish slavery or make equal rights between races.

No one said it did abolish it, but it speaks to the hypocrisy this nation was founded on. At the time the Constitution was created some of the so-called forefathers owned slaves. Again, this is hypocrisy at work here, nothing more.

That modern interpretation that came about later. I was trying to be respectful and promote the modern virtues of a multi-racial, yet still white majority America. It is seeing the Bill of Rights through a different colored lens.

See above.

Freedom.

There is no freedom. Wake up.

OK, so it was more like 98%.You got me there.

Where did you get this figure from? Is it based on any empirical research/findings?

Still doesn't explain why we should be happy to give up what we fought hard to create, and endure the ridiculous comments that white people everywhere deserve to be treated like second-class citizens.

Who is the "we" you reference? White Americans that exist now??? This is the hypocrisy I’m talking about. On one hand, people like you say “we” did this, or “we” did that, yet when an African American says “we we’re slaves” or a Native says “we were kicked off this land”, you’re quick to point out they did not experience slavery or hardships. Moreover, you consider them to be whiners and trouble makers, yet here it is you want to give all the credit to white Americans (specifically white males.)

I am not patronizing you.

Yes you are, and I can see your kind coming from a mile away.

I am simply parroting a Chris Rock quote. In case you didn't know, Chris Rock is black.

So what if he’s black? Cornell West is black and is a better authority on the subject than Chris Rock, but I don’t see you mentioning him. In addition, Tim Wise is white and also a better authority on the subject than Chris Rock, yet I don’t see you quoting him. Why is this? I’ll tell you why this is o, it’s because you actually have limited information pertaining to the hardships of others and live inside a bubble.

Open a history book and my statement makes perfect sense.

I don’t need to open a history book to know the statement is pure fantasy.

Minorities are lucky white people in the year 2009 are friendly enough to have open immigration policies after the b.s. we have put others through. They are lucky they don't live in an oppressive third world slum in Africa. They are lucky we changed our ways and repented. But it is NEVER enough that we made an effort to do better.

Who are the open immigration policies truly benefiting? Moreover, why is Africa an oppressive third world slum (your words not mine)?

Japanese, Chinese, etc. have some levels of immigration, but not nearly on the scale we have here in America.

Why is this?

But in order to prove that we're not racist and believe all men are created equal, we have to allow everyone into our country regardless if that has future implications that are most definitely going to be negative.

The problem is we don’t allow everyone into this country.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Myself and others have addressed this misinofrmation in other threads Please educate yourself on the different types of Afrikan slavery before you make such claims.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

he makes more sense than you friend

Only the feeble minded would believe such a thing.

There are Jews, blacks, asians and whites in power- I am white, most of the UK parliament is white, but I feel no more "empowered" than some black or asian in the UK. Also, if I was in the police, I would be more empowered as a black person, they have the BPA which only recognises "Non white" experience, I am a lesser person in their eyes

ISBN-13: 978-1-4292-0660-0

The nation state of the US is a european/white entity, it exists because of the people of European origin creating it

And it exists to preserve and maintain the dominance of who? Chinese males? African males? Mexican males?

A long time ago

Friend, how long is “a long time ago”? Better yet, don’t answer it. I can tell I’m dealing with someone who is incapable of rational thought yet highly prone to shenanigans and imbecility.

www.schoollibraryjournal.com...

www.associatedcontent.com...

www.ric.edu...

Perhaps you should sit with the immigration people and find out why people wish to leave their own countries in such numbers and become part of the US- clearly their vision of the US is a positive one

Yet many people don’t want to come here, many people want to leave here, and many people who come here see the American Dream is simply a figment of someone’s imagination, a lie perpetuated to keep the wheels and cogs turning...

if whites has not decided long ago to allow them to integrate into society then are you saying it would be better for them?

Please clarify your statement. Who is the “them” you’re making reference to?

Of course they are lucky to be in the US compared to Africa

Refer to the questions posed to our friend.

please reference me these lynchings of people in 1969 for driving down the wrong road?

Did I say anyone was lynched for driving down the wrong road? I said 40 years ago he could have been strung up by his genitals for driving down the wrong road. You do know 40 years ago African Americans were catching a lot of hell right? Of course you didn’t because you aren’t knowledgeable in the subject, are confined to a lily white bubble (probably a ten mile radius) and lack the necessities required to critically read. However, I’ll throw you a bone. People were lynched in the 60's, as for the reasons why? Ask the cowards who commited the crimes.

www.english.illinois.edu...

I could give you a link to thousands of brutal murders in the current year, often involving black murderers brutalising, torturing and raping white victims, how about that?

And you’ll be committing a fallacy as that has nothing to do with anything I’ve said.Please R-E-A-D what I’m saying, do so critically BEFORE you respond, as I don’t like wasting my time with people who speak on subject matters without comprehending the actual subject.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Everyone in white America that is afraid of being a minority, just relax. I've been a white minority in Chicago for years now and am doing quite well. You'll be just fine. Don't sweat it.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

So are you saying black on white crime doesn't happen for the same reason? Ala, drove down the wrong street, made a wrong turn etc. Wow, I wanna live in that world.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by EMPIRE

So are you saying black on white crime doesn't happen for the same reason? Ala, drove down the wrong street, made a wrong turn etc. Wow, I wanna live in that world.

I'm not saying anything about black on white crime. I am saying you need to stay on topic and read the context of what I'm saying and why white on black crime was introduced. Instead of comparing and contrasting the two, address why it was introduced in the first place.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

So is a white killing a black, some how more vile than the opposite......sorry I can't really grasp that. If people want to constantly live in the past, the past shall surely repeat itself.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

You're behaving as someone who is willfully neglecting to read what has been posted. Again, I'm not saying anything about black on white crime. I am saying you need to stay on topic and read the context of what I'm saying and why white on black crime was introduced. Instead of comparing and contrasting the two, address why it was introduced in the first place.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Um...Wonder how this will affect affirmitive action, welfare, medicare/medicaid and all of the other programs that the vast majority of people use now and are addicted to.

And...I don't care who my neighbor is either or what their skin color is. As long as they work and pay their fair share as I do. Don't blast their bass boosted boom boxes too loud. Scream like banchees when they have a get together/party. Belong to gangs. Do drugs or sell them from the street corner of our neighborhood etc, etc, etc.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by mikelee]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Africa is in such poor shape right now because they don't have a lot to sustain their population. There are wars over resources and there are religious conflicts between Muslims and non-Muslims.

Wrong. It's in poor shape because of the exploitation of it's natural resources by the rest of the world.

What's next, are you going to say AIDS is man made?

Well, since you said something...IMO AIDS is man made.

Define "people." I am not of English or Dutch descent, so if you want to try and blame me for something that happened in N. America or S. Africa, it does not apply to me at all. Yet minorities I interact with everywhere choose to demonize me for the color of my skin.

You know what? I've always wondered why white people demonize me for the color of my skin.

There are actually different theories about who discovered America first. There is compelling evidence to suggest a French tribe called the Solutreans made it to America first.

Oh come on! There is evidence of Vikings, Egyptians, even Africans being here before Columbus...depending on who you want to believe.

Do you think the world as a whole would be better or worse without European colonization of America?

I don't know. Do you think the world would be better off if the Chinese King never recalled his armada from exploring the world? Do you think Europe would be better off without the establishment of the Mongolian Empire? Do you think Europe would have been better off without the crusades.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I was basically quoting Pat Buchanan but messed up the quote completely, but here is what he said.

"I think white men were 100% of the people who wrote the constitution, 100% of the people who signed the Declaration of Independence, 100% of the people who died at Gettysburg and Vicksburg, probably close 100% of the people who died at Normandy. This has been a country basically built by white folks."

-Pat Buchanan

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

"I think white men were 100% of the people who wrote the constitution, 100% of the people who signed the Declaration of Independence, 100% of the people who died at Gettysburg and Vicksburg, probably close 100% of the people who died at Normandy. This has been a country basically built by white folks."

Really? Jeez i didn't know it was white people that built the railroads on the west coast nor the ones that constructed the first roads that lead into Alaska, we had to beat the Russians! Wow, white people that grew the agriculture which supported the South amongst other things.

Yea they did it all themselves, no need for slaves or cheap labor. You using Pat is like me using Jesse Jackson in this argument.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have lived in the same city for 50 years. It wasn't until the influx of immigration that crime rates have soared. We have discovered child molesters, people selling drugs, and theives. Just recently in my quiet neighborhood, there were 7 gun-shots a few houses away. I am livid! Yes we are becoming a minority and it is upsetting to see the kind of people we are being replaced with. With so many illegals here in the states, and nobody being screened first, it spells disaster.

I have friends of different races/cultures. Immigration is one thing, illegal immigration is quite another.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
reply to post by adifferentbreed

You're behaving as someone who is willfully neglecting to read what has been posted. Again, I'm not saying anything about black on white crime. I am saying you need to stay on topic and read the context of what I'm saying and why white on black crime was introduced. Instead of comparing and contrasting the two, address why it was introduced in the first place.

Well we all no why it was enacted, why is there still a need for it today.......and yes I have read each post,,,,,,,how is comparing the two things off topic considering the title of this thread?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
White should be white and black should be black, too much mixing.
I'm not rasist, it's just were all going to become some brown universal mixture without identity. With rases out of the way will go culture, that is the plan, to erease everything we stand for, culture, identity, tradition and customs. It's the distruction of rases, of diversity it's self. Probaly after all is mixed up they will give us same clothing, same pants, shirts to be more universal. It should bother you either if you are black , white , hispanic and so on because you were black now you are what ? Same for white and others. Where will people share culture if they are all the same, I don't get it. Just like cats and dogs, they look different and we like them for the diversity they offer in rases.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by daslobo
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Everyone in white America that is afraid of being a minority, just relax. I've been a white minority in Chicago for years now and am doing quite well. You'll be just fine. Don't sweat it.

It's not that, it is when it becomes a majority "when everything becomes a majority" because there is nothing else left except one sort.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Yes I do see your point, however it is not the mixing of the DNA per se, it is the losing of the various indigenous cultural heritages.

What we all need to do is become avid researchers and try to learn a little bit about each other, and this way keep all of all of our many beautiful cultures alive.

Each of our souls have had many experiences. Contained deep within each of us is our individual soul memory along with our species group memory, I believe we are all that intricately connected.

IMHO I feel most of us here have many lives and with one life you may have been Japanese, another African and yet another an American Indian. Heck some people under deep hypnosis are claiming in some of their past lives they weren't even from Earth.

I consider myself more human than white.

As stated before the soul has no color no gender.

Our body is a vehicle that allows us to experince this 3d world.

We are not our bodys - they are a shell.

I know because I have been with many people when they have passed on and when that final breath comes and goes there is a tangible energy force that leaves that shell.

The change the feeling one gets being with a person when they pass - most people cannot understand how these "bodies" are nothing more than that - the real you the real me is deep inside and truely our innerness has no color no gender.

We are timeless eternal spiritual beings.

Once we are all mixed I truely hope that will give us one less stupid thing to fight about.

Color of skin, culture even nationality are so minor.

Possibly once we are all of one "mind" we may stick together more as a species and stop the nit picking over our differences.

As a species, united we stand - divided we fall.

One tactic I read in "The Art of War" by Tsu Sun is to divide your enemy - keep them fighthing amoung themselves.

TPTB - Want us to nit pick and fight each other over religion, race and nationality issues - for that keeps us distracted and easy prey.

Humanity must unite - put aside our differences.

What we should be rebelling against is the many injustices against millions of our fellow human beings in the world today.

www.iawwai.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join