It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are the god particle!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Guess I was being lazy. It's hard to go through 8 pages of posts so I was hoping you would restate yourself. I was also trying to change the tone of our interaction with eachother.

Well, I suppose I should inform you of some thing's you might want to know about me.

I don't like dishonest people and I view dishonesty as proclaiming a truth without backing up that truth.

I don't like arrogant people and I view arrogant people as those pompous buffoons who will blatantly ignore explicit evidence against their beliefs.

I don't like ignorant people and I view ignorant people as those who purposefully don't bother to learn anything at all.

I don't like Liars and I view these people who just general make BS up that doesn't exist on purpose towards their own agendas and beliefs.

I don't like lazy people, if I say I've already explained something in a thread I'm discussing an issue with and you repeatedly demand of me to repeat that explanation, then your lazy and I will treat you accordingly.

Look, there may not be scientific data to back some of this stuff up and I am not of a scientific mind. The only way I can really learn about this stuff, since I can't ever seem to comprehend physics in general no matter how hard I try, is by discussing it with people who may know better than I or have their own ideas.

Great, so you piss on me while admitting you don't know nothing about any of this personally. Another trait I dislike. Yet you want me to change *MY* tone? How about you change your unfounded opinion?

Could you imagine if I required proof every single time I got into a discussion with someone (in "real" life) about physics, philosophy? Sometimes I think it's just too much to always require hard evidence if people are just trying to converse and learn from eachothers experiences/understandings/knowledge.

Look, it's quiet easy; Reality is reality and whatever is real to reality is proven to be real to reality. Science doesn't have all the answers and often times if not most times the answers it arrives to are proven wrong time and time again, but over a larger period of time certain answers keep popping up that seem to just work, so we base theories and technologies upon those certain answers, because they seem to work.

Despite the appearance of seemingly working however, this does not invariably make it true or factual in explanation. As I've been telling the OP, correlation does not imply causation. Take his argument of dark matter. Despite the invented form of matter and thus the predicted observations, the correlation of it's predictions does not mean dark matter is inherently the causation of the observation, if you can understand that. Dark matter is an invented requirement, not an observed truth.

The point is, what may appear true today may not be what is true tomorrow, so unless it can be proven true over and over again through constant falsifiability, then there is no reason to continuously believe it to be true. Science is never about absolutes as it constantly forces itself to recheck it's "facts".

Never believe someone who claims to have an absolute truth, they're idiots of the highest degree.

So I understand how you may call the OP's a logical fallacy, I'm just hoping that you and others can just join in the conversation even if you disagree without calling people liars just because they are posing ideas that may not have scientific data to back it up.

He was called a liar for a very specific reason, he lied to me. I don't call people names without reason, I do have certain morals. I treat people how THEY want to be treated. You want to lie, you get treated as such, etc.

Pretty reasonable way to live if you ask me.

There's no harm in discussing ideas such as these even if they are completely false (which also can't be proven). As someone I know always says, "there's a point where discussions like these stop applying to your life". So it doesn't hurt a soul to imagine, wish, or believe that "you" are the Higgs Boson.

There is a distinct difference between speculative discussion and proclaimed truth. The OP exclaims a truth, not a speculative possibility. When I see a proclaimed truth, I demand evidence for such before I accept that truth. Without evidence, then what right do we have to blindly believe in something unproven? It's idiocy.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by atcwatcher
reply to post by sirnex

I agree this guy is a quack, but your whole ATSIS is BS. Most of this site is ATSIS, including yourself. Everyone here believes they just know something that sets them apart from everyone else for some fulfillment of self importance. Leave this guy alone and come up with something of quality then!

I am inclined to say the same thing back to atcwatcher.

As in, "atcwatcher leave sirnex alone and don't denigrate his ATSIS as BS unless you have a better idea".

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
The point is, what may appear true today may not be what is true tomorrow, so unless it can be proven true over and over again through constant falsifiability, then there is no reason to continuously believe it to be true. Science is never about absolutes as it constantly forces itself to recheck it's "facts".

This is exactly why we must admit that the mind does not exist in a scientific way.

Science is not “only” concerned with empirical evidence (debatable) but it does require that the foundations of any scientific study be based on observable and measurable information.

Science is fundamentally built on observation of patterns.
It assumes the world is predictable and requires a measurable result.

However, in order to be predicted or measured an event must be linear (or at least simple enough to be broken into linear pieces).

Some issues can NOT be observed directly.
This means that from a scientific standpoint they are only theoretical.

The mind is the common denominator of abstract thought.

A concept like the mind can obviously be studied in a scientific way (psycholinguistics is very interesting) but the most important recognition of any neuroscientist when discussing purely cognitive issues is that they are making assumptions based on a combination of logic and observation of correlations between brain activity and observable behavior (regardless of whether this behavior is speculated as physiological or psychological).

This means that we can theoretically discuss concepts like the mind but we are making logical inferences based of our own conscious experience.

The reason science works out so well is because we seem to have similar conscious experiences that form the ability to communicate but we cannot “feel” the consciousness of another person.

The mind is made up of feelings.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by urwatu8

Im sure you could but let me remind you be for you diss him.. he called me a nut.

he was fair and said what he felt was right..

This topic is not about pesonality or about right or wrong as some wish it to be to prove a point.

here is a basic fact.

you will die

care to argue about that aspect of this topic? Or maybe sirex with his grate abundence of knowlegde can tell me or the others what happens after death or even befor he was born.. do you know what? HE CANT

as i sit reading his crap i do ponder why on eart he keeps coming back

i do not like people who are dishonest he says?
I like to know the facts he says

dont bullshizzle me he says

may i remind YOU and HIM and everyone ELS on this topic

YOU DID NOT MAKE YOU HAPPEN did you? NO

but yet people sit here and wish to bull# me about symantics of IF BUTS WHENS MAYBES

when your entire life is based on IF BUTS AN MAYBES

what a crock of crap.

you see I KNOW I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT

people like ME gave birth to your entire understanding of LIFE

Go ahead prove me wrong...

EVERYTHING I LIST IS FACT not a theory EVERYTHIING I CONNECT ARE BASED ON FACTS

get back to me when YOU have a theory instead of TROLLING and pointing out CRAP because you CAN NOT UNDERSTAND IT.

It really makes me laugh.. the same guy who can not understand and even ASKED if probability is REAL comes on here trying to what? prove hes some how SMARTER becuase of his own ignorace

what joke go watch pop idol ......

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

Now if we take into account we are made from the "99.9999" space what is the 1.1111 %?

Didn't you claim to be a mathematician?

Your sums don't add up!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by urwatu8

well thats unless you cant addup..

99+1 = 100

the 11111 is the bit that comes after it. sheesh...

if you wanted to be specfic

its 0.0001

get it?

or you gunna try and be a smart arse, because right now you are as much of a troll as your dimwitted counterpart.

Now if we take into account we are made from the "99.9999" space what is the 1.1111 %?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

or you gunna try and be a smart arse, because right now you are as much of a troll as your dimwitted counterpart.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Originally posted by sirnex
The Higgs Boson does not create matter at all. The Higgs Boson is the force carrier that gives mass to matter.

He talks as if this is a fact, but it is a theory. So he uses theory to disprove theory.

Are you kidding or are you flipping retarded? Yes, I'm asking seriously. The OP claimed that the higgs boson creates matter. Yet I'm absofckinglutley wrong when I correct him.

DUDE, THIS IS HIS ASSERTION, not mine. Comprehend what you read, you will sound less ignorant. That is the honest truth. Look up the higgs boson, nothing about it claims creation of matter. Go learn something for a change.

Matter is usually referred to anything that has mass. If the Higgs Boson is the force carrier that gives mass to matter, than it is equally true that the Higgs Boson is needed in order to create matter.

This is not what the higgs boson is about!!!! Are you capable of learning or do you just run around fcking saying whatever you want and calling it a truth?! READ ABOUT THE HIGGS BOSON!!! Nothing about it states ANYTHING about creation of matter, it's a PROPERTY of matter.

.because technically the material world would not exist without the Higgs Boson. Logically speaking, YOU would not exist without the Higgs Boson. Which logically speaking means that YOU ARE THE HIGGS BOSON which proves the OP is correct.

Logic my right nut. Correlation does not imply causation, unless your a gold winner of the special Olympics. Nothing about the OP's assertion is implied nor proven, hence his blatant ignoring of my inquiry to quote an explicit statement made by science that proves his case. Idiot, learn to read and comprehend what you read. Yes I called you and idiot because you are acting like an idiot. No it's not an insult, it's an observation of your conduct. Change that conduct if that observation offends you.

Your brain isn't there to be a flipping paper weight, USE IT!

Then you need to read more.

It's my life's work to learn every aspect of every opinion. I have never come across ANY viable proven mechanism for the creation of matter and certainly nothing the OP has quoted gives rise to such creation. NO, the higgs boson DOES NOT create matter you ignorant tool, go look up the higgs boson and learn something before you blindly and ignorantly agree with the OP's assertion!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by urwatu8
reply to post by 13579

Didn't you claim to be a mathematician?

Your sums don't add up!

That's the funny part. Claims and is are two separate things. He claims to be a mathematician that ignores variables. Really, he is a ignorant tool, not a mathematician as I don't know any mathematician that simply and rightfully states they can ignore all variables of an equation.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Good work sirnex, fighting the ignorance

I honestly think that the original poster has a god complex. They really can't accept the fact that the world would still keep spinning, even if they would be removed from the picture, which is an utter form of narcissism.

-v

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I think your problem is semantics. You are focusing to much on the word create...

This Higgs Boson is thought to give everything in the universe it's mass. Now, IF you wanted to create the universe, you would need a Higgs Boson.

It's simple logic.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
Good work sirnex, fighting the ignorance

I honestly think that the original poster has a god complex. They really can't accept the fact that the world would still keep spinning, even if they would be removed from the picture, which is an utter form of narcissism.

-v

Yep, exactly what I think as well, just narcissism in it's purest form. I can never understand why people wish to feel so special or believe they are. Just sounds like idiotic arrogance. Perhaps a cockroach is more important to the universe than we are. Did they ever think of that? No... Of course not, they're narcissists, why would they think any differently?

Such a thought would negate their self importance.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

This Higgs Boson is thought to give everything in the universe it's mass. Now, IF you wanted to create the universe, you would need a Higgs Boson.

Exactly, the higgs boson is thought to be the force carrier of mass. This says nothing about observation in the manner the OP alludes to. It's called a brain, it doesn't bite.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I don't understand what you are arguing then, because you actually agree with the OP.

I just think you don't understand the deeper logic the OP is talking about.

Anyway, let me ask you some questions:

Are you a part of the Universe?

Are you conscious?

Just a simple yes or no will do.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Here we see God Particles arguing amongst themselves....moving along on our left...stay together people...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I don't understand what you are arguing then, because you actually agree with the OP.

It's called reading comprehension. I do not agree with the OP in any way, shape or form.

His assertion is that life is the 'higgs boson' and that without life there would be no universe.

I've disagreed with that assertion due to the logical fallacy element of his argumentation.

I just think you don't understand the deeper logic the OP is talking about.

There is no logic in there at all. His logic goes something like this:

An orange is a sphere

A ball is a sphere

The sun is a sphere

Therefore the ball is both an orange and a sun and this should be evident due to:

orange < ball > sun : What is in the middle? The ball is in the middle, so the ball is both!

See, no logic, just stupidity.

Anyway, let me ask you some questions:

Are you a part of the Universe?

Are you conscious?

Just a simple yes or no will do.

You will garner no yes or no answer as your attempting a correlation proves causation argument. That is a logical fallacy as is explained with the above example.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by sirnex]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

Or maybe sirex with his grate abundence of knowlegde can tell me or the others what happens after death or even befor he was born.. do you know what? HE CANT

Your right, I can't. Neither can you, so what is the point? Or are you going to act like a little hypocrite and claim that only YOU know what happens?

people like ME gave birth to your entire understanding of LIFE

No, people like you gave birth to the Special Olympics.

EVERYTHING I LIST IS FACT not a theory EVERYTHIING I CONNECT ARE BASED ON FACTS

Your assertion on the nature of the higgs boson is not a fact nor have you shown it to be a fact. A logical fallacy does not make a fact, it gives birth to a moron.

It really makes me laugh.. the same guy who can not understand and even ASKED if probability is REAL comes on here trying to what? prove hes some how SMARTER becuase of his own ignorace

You and I already worked out that probability only arises if we don't act upon or measure the equation. In order for probability to exist, we have to ignore all extant variables. It's illusory and nothing else.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by sirnex]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
2nd Your body on a scale compared to the vastness of the universe could also be clased as a sub atomic patical.

Your body when compared to the subatomic particles it's made of, has a scale of the Universe. So you can equally call humans "universes". You can call a virus a black hole, and your stomach a nebula, with your flatulence being an equivalent of Magellan Clouds.

Dwelling in the absurd (which seems to be your hobby) is a sign of dark times coming upon our society. I wrote about this in www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

LOL if they?

Oh sorry, what part of life not being do you not get? and its called the god partical for a reason I DID NOT GIVE IT THAT NAME

lol sheesh god complex says the person with the star of david in his avatar

crackers

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

you have got to be kidding me dark times? LOL

you guys really make me laugh.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join