It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian scientists detect signs of life on Moon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

Actually, I would be shocked if NASA did not know about India's mission. Do you think this stuff happens in a vacuum?

I assume that at least at some level they were collaborating so as not to duplicate each other and waste money doing the same thing twice.

The poster I responded to decided that NASA only decided to bomb the moon AFTER India announced its results. Since NASA announced its results a month after India do you think that is an honestly thought out complaint?

Yes, I was dismissive of the idea. It was silly in the extreme and was born out of irrational distrust and predjudice. NASA does good science, and others do good science. Those thoughts are not mutually exclusive.

The Indians have done good science here, and we should be applauding their achievements, not insulting NASA. This is not a football rivalry.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
so basically what you're saying is that in one weeks time, we'll see headlines all over the country:

"NASA FINDS LIFE ON THE MOON"

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

Wrong about the catch up thing or perception thing?
Hell lets just say what ever you post is 100% correct...would that make any easier for you to piss on NASA? No...seems you would do it right or wrong.
One thing to remember.....hard to go full-out when you are under the thumb of politics and $ is a fraction of what it should be.
I am surprised they can even achieve half the stuff they do with the kind of bureaucratic nonsensical BS they have to deal with in the first place.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
Are we talking about the same kind of Indians? India Indians? The one's who live in the country called India?

If that's the case it really does not make sense. How could they ever have money for a space program when lunch costs two Rupees? That's half a penny for anyone who hasn't been there.

These people actually wash their dishes with manure because they believe it is a disinfectant. They literally have churches within which they worship, rats, cows, monkeys, and a certain phallic symbol. And we are supposed to believe that they have somehow in all of their desperation and depravity developed a space program that is capable of sensing Martians, sorry, Moonsians.

Doesn't that at least sound a little bit nutty?

It doesn't help I'm firstly a British-Indian. My parents migrated from India to England...well one of the first people and I don't suppose they did that with "2 Rupees?" And hey, if we didn't start with the manure, then I highly doubt soap would just pop up...it all developed. But sorry, yeah there are a vast majority who are poor but there is also many who are highly educated and may be able to help change our future.

[edit on 15/12/2009 by BlackPoison94]

[edit on 15/12/2009 by BlackPoison94]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Signs of life? Like this 'structure' photographed by Chandrayaan....

Mikesingh's enlargement
on another thread.
Source image Courtesy: ISRO

Also note the neat little triangles at the right edge of the 'structure'! But then it could be just a rock formation out there. Intriguing nonetheless!

What if it's not???

[edit on 15-12-2009 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Wow! What a revelation... We are given so much info. How many folks are going to detect the undectectable on the moon before we can move to something a bit more mindblowing?

All this detecting does not add up to a hill of beans in the grand scheme. Even I can see life on the moon with a pair of Ziest Bino's.

Could someone move past the simpleton answers and get to the meat! There are telescopes that can see a fly from 200 miles up.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

i've never seen a single "Mikesingh" picture that remotely looks like anything "structural"

they all look like big bubbly clouds that allow your mind to see what it wants to see.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by OrionHunterX

i've never seen a single "Mikesingh" picture that remotely looks like anything "structural"

they all look like big bubbly clouds that allow your mind to see what it wants to see.

Rorschach tests - nothing but. The true answer lies in the interpretation of what the viewer sees, not the image seen.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Level X
Wow! What a revelation... We are given so much info...

It's not really that huge of a "revelation".

NASA has routinely detected organic compounds in other parts of the solar system (Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Jupiter's moons, Saturn, Saturn's moons, comets, meteorites, etc.), so why not the Moon? We humans have also detected organic molecules in the atmosphere of "extrasolar" exoplanets.

The first announcement by NASA of finding organic compounds elsewhere in our solar system several years ago was a bit of a revelation, but it isn't very surprising news anymore. The solar system seems to be teeming with this material. It was probably in the "protoplanetray disk" that formed our solar system 4.5 billion years ago.

And, by the way, NASA had already found simple organic molecules on the Moon by studying Moon rocks back in the 1970s, and they announced finding organic material material on the Moon recently when they crashed LCROSS into the Moon's south pole.

[edit on 12/15/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Because I've not been all over the universe? OK, ya got me. I'll correct my assertion: Carbon chemistry is the same all over the universe to about 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% likelihood (at least) :-).

Really? Where are you getting your data from, i'd be interesting on reading up on it?
That's absolutely amazing...even more so when one learns that modern science don't know what the universe is..what it contains...what it is made of..though they do theorize that perhaps 70% of the universe is made of energy, in the form of what is termed 'Dark energy'. Up to 25% is thought to consist of a form of matter dubbed 'Dark matter', with the remaining 5% consisting of everything else..Us, the planets, the stars, the gases etc.

The have coined terms for these 'Dark cousins', but in reality know very little about either.

Here's an excerpt from NASA on the subject;
(From nasascience.nasa.gov... )

More is unknown than is known. We know how much dark energy there is because we know how it affects the Universe's expansion. Other than that, it is a complete mystery. But it is an important mystery. It turns out that roughly 70% of the Universe is dark energy. Dark matter makes up about 25%. The rest - everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of our instruments, all normal matter - adds up to less than 5% of the Universe. Come to think of it, maybe it shouldn't be called "normal" matter at all, since it is such a small fraction of the Universe.

I'd be interested to read your data, and how you are so sure the universe is based on anything any of us have ever dreamed of, let alone know about considering we only know about 5% max of the universe...and that's pushing it!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I'd be interested to read your data, and how you are so sure the universe is based on anything any of us have ever dreamed of, let alone know about considering we only know about 5% max of the universe...and that's pushing it!

I didn't say anything about what the universe is based on, or made of, or anything like that.

I said carbon chemistry was the same all over the universe. A carbon atom is a carbon atom is a carbon atom (yes, I know, there are isotopes of carbon that do different things than other carbon isotopes - but they are still all carbon).

Of course there is other stuff in the universe besides carbon.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What's wrong with us?
We've been on the Moon 50 years ago and now we are arguing about some data revealed for a split second from shear luck from a scientific instrument that this kind of discovery was not for its designed use. All that done remotely, no human presence in the immediate vicinity.
We are not in space, we are not even at our planet, our everyday realities only reflect our anxieties and fears. We don't seem able to make steps forward.
We aren't going anywhere this way.
Either a huge shift in our perception has to occur or a huge shift in the way we understand technology in general.
If I was an individual being part of an alien civilization, looking down to earth I would realize beyond any doubt that the inhabitants of this planet are not going anywhere any time soon. Yet this would be very puzzling since this civilization seems so capable and ingenious to pull such a feat.
Therefore I would ask myself. What's wrong with them?
Even the famous Carl Sagan noticed that we were 1000 years behind in space exploration. We should have been out there before a millennium already. Not just sit here arguing about tiny bits of data that may mean something or not.
Clearly there is something wrong with us.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Okay "KINETIC" bomb or probe.
If NaSA has already been to the moon and discovered all this stuff prior then why send Lcross? I'm pretty sure NASA has a massive catalog of information, pictures, samples, etc... from their last lunar mission.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Are we sure that they haven't just detected Apollo waste? It is a known fact that the astronouts from Apollo through their diapers out onto the moon surface. Could they be detecting methane waste from these?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsoul2009

Watch out for the enviromental domes and the ONE MILE HIGH soul collecting needle - they are a real hazard for moon based craft.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott
Watch out for the enviromental domes and the ONE MILE HIGH soul collecting needle - they are a real hazard for moon based craft.

I remember seeing an Apollo image showing John Lear sipping beer during a rare break on that one mile high soul collector tower on the Moon!
He resigned as collection supervisor, because the CIA refused a Moon allowance! Lol!
Any takers?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
What's wrong with us?
We've been on the Moon 50 years ago ?

[edit on 15-12-2009 by spacebot]

Have we ? Some may refute even that ! From what i gather next time we go we better take our 'wellies' ! (English humour)

[edit on 123131p://12America/Chicago18 by ProRipp]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join