It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian scientists detect signs of life on Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

Thanks. And so what if NASA came out with these findings 30 years ago. I was 2 years old I don't remember any of NASA's big annoucement. NASA needs tell us today what they found 30 years ago. Thanks India for keeping it real!

So what have you been doing for the last 30 years then? Should NASA issue a press release to you every week outlining every discovery or finding they've made, no matter how trivial, since their inception in the 1950's?

Can't you just celebrate the Indian achievement without turning it into a nonsensical attack on NASA?

The Indians are busily building up their technical abilities and are moving towards human space flight, as are the Chinese (already put a human up), the Japanese, Iran, North Korea, Malaysia, and others.

You know what? The Indian finding is a text book example of how science is done. Researchers publishes their findings, scientists discuss it, pick it apart, object to it or agree with it, try to replicate it using different methodology, etc.

OK, here is your newsflash: Organic molecules exist in places other than earth. The presence of organic molecules means that the building blocks for organic life are present. It does not follow that other requirements for organic life are present nor that organic life 'gets started'.

What is so shocking about that? Carbon chemistry is the same all over the universe.

Good on ya, India.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

"Carbon chemistry is the same all over the universe."

You don't have any sort of authority to say that whatsoever.
Also, I'm betting that when the Indians announced water on the moon you were saing that NASA had already confirmed that as well.

You would be incorrect.
NASA hinted at it.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Care to comment on the topic?

I am commenting on the topic. Your suggestion is just flat out goofy, which is probably why the only Nobel Prize India has ever seen came from a Carmelite Nun who came to India in order to help the impoverished people.

These are hardly the conditions necessary to nourish and develop a predominant scientific culture. Yet somehow in this you manage to suggest that India is head and shoulders above the rest? What's your next post going to be, how the Kalahari Bushman discovered nuclear fusion?

I'm just saying, can we at least keep it real.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Yes, there are lots of poor people in India. There are 300 milliion people that are "middle class" in India too. They have millionaires and billionaires too.

The USA has homeless people and citizens that live under the poverty line too but it still has a space program, so what it the problem with India.

So with a middle class of taxpayers that is roughly the population of the US, you would think India would have a better funded space program.

[edit on 14/12/0909 by Krusty the Klown]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown

Yes, there are lots of poor people in India. There are 300 milliion people that are "middle class" in India too. They have millionaires and billionaires too.

The USA has homeless people and citizens that live under the poverty line too but it still has a space program, so what it the problem with India.

So with a middle class of taxpayers that is roughly the population of the US, you would think India would have a better funded space program.

[edit on 14/12/0909 by Krusty the Klown]

Well if India has 300 million in it's "middle class" that means it has about 700 million who are either impoverished or extremely rich... I'm going to have to go with impoverished.

So don't you think that chasing Martians shouldn't really be a priority.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

And which country do you call home, so I can pass judgement on the way your government spends it's revenue????????

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown

And which country do you call home, so I can pass judgement on the way your government spends it's revenue????????

Don't get me started on my government or we'd be here forever. But I definitely call bullocks when someone suggests we should respect the opinion of a government that claims to be so advanced yet they can't seem to do anything but step over and ignore the beggars at the door to the state house.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

So what you're saying is, we should not respect the opinion of ANY government on the planet then.

They are all guilty of this.

Here is the way the Indian space program works.

It is designed and operated by and employs Indian people. When they become successful they demonstrate that they can put satellites in orbit cheaper than anybody else.

Other countries and companies pay them (at a profit) to launch their own satellites, thereby providing employment and revenue.

The point of the thread is facts are facts, if they are peer-reviewed and verified by other scientists, then they are accepted regardless of the political ideologies of the government that funds the research.

You have already chosen, first not to believe the fact that India even has a space program when it actually does, and second to then cast doubt on it even if it has one and you have clearly not even researched it.

You don't have to believe it, and I doubt you will, so I will not argue with you about it further.

You may need to think about taking the word "FACT" out of your username.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Now all we have to wait for now is when the Indian space program say's there structures on the moon! Man I would love to be a fly on the wall at NASA when that happens!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

They live in a society where they actually report what they find right away, instead of reporting it first to giant media corporations run by corporate globalists bent on world domination.

Maybe that's why they are a poor country, and not a super power?

Makes sense.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

do you honestly believe that that in that country of 1 billion people that is older than can be measured, no one has figured out not to clean their plates with feces? come on dude, your racism and ignorance is showing its bright colors

CLEARLY the indians have figured out high space technology, whether or not your numbskull can accept it, yes they have poor people, but they also have a huge amount of OTHER things too

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Naeem82]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing! You need to brush up your general knowledge and get acquainted with world affairs before shooting from the hip. Even a college education would do for now.

I am commenting on the topic. Your suggestion is just flat out goofy, which is probably why the only Nobel Prize India has ever seen came from a Carmelite Nun who came to India in order to help the impoverished people.

Wrong! Indians who won Nobel Prizes are:

RABINDRANATH TAGORE

CHANDRASHEKAR VENKATA RAMAN

HARGOBIND KHORANA

MOTHER TERESA

SUBRAMANIAN CHANDRASHEKAR

C.V. RAMAN

AMARTYA SEN

V.S. NAIPAUL (British author, but Indian origin).

See? Your half baked knowledge is bad as it shows your complete ignorance of world affairs.

These are hardly the conditions necessary to nourish and develop a predominant scientific culture.

What are the conditions required? Even a person with half a brain cell knows the advantages of having a space program that helps in improving the lives of the masses. Now you'll ask me, how?

Check this out....

The objective of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is to develop space technology and its application to various national tasks.

ISRO has established two major space systems, INSAT for communication, television broadcasting and meteorological services, and Indian Remote Sensing Satellites (IRS) system for resources monitoring and management.

The Space Commission formulates the policies and oversees the implementation of the Indian space program to promote the development and application of space science and technology for the socio-economic benefit of the country.

The data from Indian Remote Sensing Satellites are used for a variety of applications towards natural resources monitoring and management.

Vital applications such as identifying zones which could yield ground water, suitable locations for recharging water, monitoring command areas, estimating crop areas and yields, assessing deforestation, mapping urban areas for planning purposes, delineating ocean areas with higher fish catch potential and monitoring of environment etc., are being pursued actively by users using space based data.

Remote sensing data obtained from Indian satellites is being used the world over due to the excellent quality with extremely high resolutions.

The Antrix Corporation, established in 1992 as a government owned company, markets the space products and services which amount to billions of dollars. Numerous countries are using Indian space assets for launching their satellites and instruments including the US of A.

Yet somehow in this you manage to suggest that India is head and shoulders above the rest?

Says who? Your contention is misplaced. India is one of the few countries who have placed satellites in Moon's orbit. No one's saying they're head and shoulders above the rest. They're way behind America, but make no mistake, they are fast catching up. And so is China.

What's your next post going to be, how the Kalahari Bushman discovered nuclear fusion?

They probably did.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Some of you guys are dreaming or something:

And its realy flying LOL

And more Indian rockets, the big thing on the right is for the moon:

More?

First Indian Sat from 1975

And at least the Website of Indian NASA:
www.isro.org...

So, what was the question? Ah...

Chandrayaan-1 - Moon Sat... 2008

PLEASE START THINKING PEOPLE AND USE BRAIN.EXE !!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction

Originally posted by JayinAR

Care to comment on the topic?

These are hardly the conditions necessary to nourish and develop a predominant scientific culture. Yet somehow in this you manage to suggest that India is head and shoulders above the rest? What's your next post going to be, how the Kalahari Bushman discovered nuclear fusion?

I'm just saying, can we at least keep it real.

Hi there buddy, have you any idea what is going on in America at the moment? It will not be long before there is shanty towns in all major citiesin the US. The US is bringing war to other countries yet there are loads of communities were the cops cant enter and just go in to pick up dead bodies. So many people have no idea what is actually happening in the US. THe country is in absolute pieces.

KEep it Real yourself. Numbnuts.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Well bless my cotton socks!

great *news*

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Wow! The level of ignorance and racism coming from you is simply astounding! You obviously know absolutely nothing about india.

India is a hugely industrialised country with a booming economy. Just because many of the people are poor, doesn't mean the country is.

India has the world's largest movie industry, making more than 800 movies a year in Bollywood, which beats Hollywood's ~600 per year.

India has nuclear capabilities.

The 3 main religions in India are Hinduism, Islam and Christianity. Believe me, no rats were harmed in the worship of these religions.
All 3 religions are monotheistic in nature, although Hinduism has many gods, they are all part of the same being, similar to the Christian Holy Trinity. The cow is a sacred animal in Hinduism, but is not worshipped as a God.

There's a usefull little tool out there called Google. Why don't you try to use it to get your facts right and educate yourself on something you are so obviously ignorant about. You might not look quite such an idiot then.

Back on topic after that little rant, good find OP, although as previously stated, this is something that NASA published decades ago, but India's contribution may lead to further findings. S&F

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

"Carbon chemistry is the same all over the universe."

You don't have any sort of authority to say that whatsoever.

Because I've not been all over the universe? OK, ya got me. I'll correct my assertion: Carbon chemistry is the same all over the universe to about 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% likelihood (at least) :-).

Also, I'm betting that when the Indians announced water on the moon you were saing that NASA had already confirmed that as well.

You would be incorrect.
NASA hinted at it.

I never made any such assertion.

Chandrayaan-1 (India) results were announced in September and LCross (USA NASA) confirmed it in November.

Beautiful science on the parts of both agencies.

[edit on 14/12/2009 by rnaa]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsoul2009

Its just part of the plan of the PTB.....slowly get all the sheep used to the idea of "life" first on a mico-scale so when they announce the "Greys/or whoever" it won't be such a shock.

No need to worry about what we allready know.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
lol at thread and some of the comments.

people know everything, and are so smart, thats why they come on ats to express their obvious intellect.

now the smallest topic gets blown out of proportion and becomes a piss contest, i.e. i know more easily found facts online than you....

jeez.

- ignorance is more than bliss.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Again I have to ask why everyone is making a big deal about this particular discovery of organic compounds elsewhere in the solar system?

We humans have been detecting organic compounds in other places inside our solar system for years (Jupiter, Jupiter's moons, Saturn, Saturn's moons, Venus, Mars, comets, etc.), and have even found signs of organic compounds in the atmospheres of planets outside our solar system. Scientists announced the detection of simple organic molecules in moon rocks over 30 years ago.

So while this is all very interesting, it isn't exactly the first time we humans have detected organic compounds elsewhere.

[edit on 12/14/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join