It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian scientists detect signs of life on Moon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
NASA "officially" is not involved in any research about UFOs/Extraterrestrials/Aliens.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Imagir]

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
The fact is we are getting alot more from the Indian Space programme than we are from the underhanded NASA ! It's true about the saying NASA Never A Straight Answer !

[edit on 14-12-2009 by ProRipp]

If it's such "A Fact", could you please demonstrate for me that the public information coming from India's Chandrayaan 1 is more than has come from NASA's LCROSS/LRO probes?

Based on the public information I have seen, Chandrayaan's website does have some useful information, but NASA's websites for the LRO/LCROSS mission has quite a bit more. Plus, NASA's Ames research center has it's own website for LCROSS with additional information.

NASA's Lunar Science Institute is another great storehouse of information and speculative science that NASA has gathered regarding the moon.
lunarscience.arc.nasa.gov...

NASA's Astrobiology Institute has much more information about the speculation for life elsewhere:
astrobiology.nasa.gov...

All you need to do to find the cutting-edge science NASA is performing in regards to the Moon and also regarding the search for "life elsewhere" is to look. It's there and easy to find.

India doesn't have these storehouses of information and they are not spending that kind of money on ET research. There is more information on those NASA websites than India has ever gathered.

[edit on 12/14/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The fact that India are prepared to state what they have found rather than pussy-foot around, ala NASA , is refreshing ! NASA are in danger of making themselves look stupid ! If they've 'known' about water etc why not say so instead of spouting out endless 'it's a possibilty' statements ? They're never prepared to give solid statements ! It's only my opinion and at the end of the day my opinion count's for nothing !
Oh and at the end of the day my experience in the past couple of weeks is that i HAVE heard more from the indians than from NASA ! FACT in my own little world !

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Obviously NASA -- like any agency of any government -- could be withholding information.

Yes, but should it not be VERY important then anytime you discuss this subject matter to ensure that the public knows that NASA is NOT allowed to divulge ANY proof of extra-terrestrial life - past or present - that they find? It should be considered VERY important that we, the general public, are aware that any information about this subject matter coming from NASA is by law subject to national security classification protocol that absolutely forces them to withhold evidence and proof in the "interests of national security". People need to think about how much easier it is to keep incredible secrets when the public has for decades had to rely on a singular official source for the vast bulk of the "evidence" about that subject! Now, the ISRO is showing that perhaps NASA has for a long time been less than complete with their disclosure of information related to the Moon.

For decades, there has been no way for anybody to independently confirm or verify so much of what NASA has been telling us and showing us about the Moon! If they say that they are giving us all the information they have, how the hell do we know they are? In fact, we KNOW the opposite to be the case! It is absolutely undeniable that NASA was and is legally obligated to NOT tell the public things that could threaten global stability, and you better believe that revealing any evidence of extra-terrestrial life on the Moon or anywhere else falls into that category!

This is where the whole idea of "perceived credibility" comes into play, because anytime a singular source has to be relied on for all the information pertaining to a topic, that source - NASA in this case - must build the perception of credibility in order to establish the required propaganda advantage. In the 1960s and 1970s, NASA's perceived credibility came from claiming that the Apollo Program was a completely transparent, publicly funded scientific exploratory effort that was not going to hide any discoveries from the world, and they went to great lengths to make it appear that they were not hiding anything.

Many people in the public swallowed the Apollo cover-story hook, line and sinker because they had no idea NASA had (and has) legal obligations to lie! There was and is no way to independently verify so much of what NASA has told us about the Moon, long forcing us to have to blindly and desperately trust that whatever we were being told was the full and uncensored truth. NASA have never been transparent - NASA are an opaque adjunct of the Department of Defense, and are forced to filter and censor information before the public ever hears, sees, or reads it!

So, when it comes to evidence from NASA, we must always remember that we are dealing with an agency that we know are required by law to cover up certain facts that could threaten global stability if made public. The very fact that NASA has legal obligations to lie about and cover up this subject matter by default MUST call their credibility into question! There is no denying that, and anyone who is truly sincere in their desire to research and discuss the truth should want the public to be aware of those FACTS so that people out there can make a more informed personal decision about how much perceived credibility they wish to afford an agency such as NASA, and how much trust they want to put into the "completeness of evidence" NASA provides for the public to dissect.

These FACTS cannot and should not be minimized as being inconsequential or be played off as a minor detail in the overall discussion. These FACTS are in actuality the most important factors that we all should be willing to confront when talking about this subject matter.

Cheers,
LC

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I forget who said it and the exact quote. But "knowing" we know nothing hits the highlight.

We find life in the extremes on this planet. Yet we balk at them being in "extremes" outside of this Terra??

Microbial life in the high temperature extremes of volcanic vents deep within the ocean. The same is found in deep subterranean caves filed with sulfuric acid. We cant live in these extremes, but life has found a way. (i dont have the time to find associated links to the facts as of current, i can get them later if needed)

I am sorry, our very lack of understanding of our very own planet does not make us "experts" on life elsewhere in the cosmos. Furthermore to say that life cannot exist in space, on a space rock, planet etc.. is pure lunacy.

much respect

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Says who? Your contention is misplaced. India is one of the few countries who have placed satellites in Moon's orbit. No one's saying they're head and shoulders above the rest. They're way behind America, but make no mistake, they are fast catching up. And so is China.

All in favour of OrionHunterX say I..."I!"

Haha, I agree...and hopefully one day India and China can race ahead of NASA...I waiting for it.

And people, you can't say that just cause India's a poor country that they are have no "high technology." They originate from an ancient civilization that do not forget had order in plumbing and sewage systems, houses, roads and knowledge on much more things, well before most. And you never know...India can surprise the world one day...and I hope they will.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I bet I could find signs of "life" under my big toe nail , but seeing as most people on ATS are only interested in finding "intellegent" life , out in the void of space , the topic of this thread is rather irrelevant .

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My question is what if they did find proof of life that existed on the moon.?? Right now all theyve found are chemical compounds the threads title is missleading. I would still have read it but why is everyone falling into the sensationalists venue.
99.99% of the thread titles seem to be more for the writer to get there kicks then help us all find some interesting truths.
I dont need to be lied to inorder to gain my attention. Am i alone?? Where has all the science gone, been replace by what we hope is true...
guess i should start ignoring these threads that claim the impossible guess that is my responsibility as a reader its just ashame..

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Your blatant ignorance is astounding.

I'm hoping you're just ignorant and not racist?

Either way, appalling lack of class.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
Are we talking about the same kind of Indians? India Indians? The one's who live in the country called India?

If that's the case it really does not make sense. How could they ever have money for a space program when lunch costs two Rupees? That's half a penny for anyone who hasn't been there.

These people actually wash their dishes with manure because they believe it is a disinfectant. They literally have churches within which they worship, rats, cows, monkeys, and a certain phallic symbol. And we are supposed to believe that they have somehow in all of their desperation and depravity developed a space program that is capable of sensing Martians, sorry, Moonsians.

Doesn't that at least sound a little bit nutty?

How dare you judge an entire country of over a BILLION people? have you ever heard the term "GENERALIZATION"? Have you even been to any country other than the US? Have you ever left your home state? (ask me how I guessed you are an American, I'll give you a hint: it's also a generalization)

-rrr

[edit on 14-12-2009 by rickyrrr]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

reply to post by LunaCognita

Obviously NASA -- like any agency of any government -- could be withholding information.

That's strange I thought the government is elected for the people who want transparent detailed information especially on finding *new* discoveries - such as this.

Just because they are in charge of an "agency" like NASA doesn't give them the right to withhold information from the public that PAY them.

1st time I have actually ever read you admitting NASA could be withholding information from you and I. Great to see/hear

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

Inaccurate assesment . Its ONE of the evidences for life,now what they need to do is get the others together and we have what evidence amounts to ... Proof.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by djmolecular

Dj I believe the quote is something like "wisdom lies in knowing that you know nothing" and I think it was Socrates the Greek who first said it, or at least , he is the chap most often credited with that particular insight into human thought.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Again I have to ask why everyone is making a big deal about this particular discovery of organic compounds elsewhere in the solar system?

We humans have been detecting organic compounds in other places inside our solar system for years (Jupiter, Jupiter's moons, Saturn, Saturn's moons, Venus, Mars, comets, etc.), and have even found signs of organic compounds in the atmospheres of planets outside our solar system. Scientists announced the detection of simple organic molecules in moon rocks over 30 years ago.

So while this is all very interesting, it isn't exactly the first time we humans have detected organic compounds elsewhere.

[edit on 12/14/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

My guess. (and that is all it is) is that the people involved in making those assertions know that already, and that if it is a big deal, it is not because of the mere presence of organic compounds, it may be the case that there is a very large volume of organic matter, or there may be some other factor that makes this organic matter stand out above the rest of the discoveries of organic molecules in other extraterrestrial bodies.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

My problem with NASA is that they decided to bomb the moon after India released their information about the moon.
NASA should have had a broadcast special in 2009 that talked about their findings 30 years ago. Instead they make themselves look like they are trying to cover up something by bombing the moon.

They are too secretive to a fault. I love America but India is being more progressive on this one.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

What? Do you think some NASA project manager woke up some morning, and heard on the news that India had somehow sent a wickerwork rocket to the moon and found carbon then went to the office and told his PA to organize a bombing run on the moon?

Missions take years to organize, dude. They didn't just decide to bomb it 'after' the Indians announced their findings. And the bombing run was to try to detect water, not organics.

NASA has been releasing information about the organics findings all along. How do you think people here know about it? Just because you aren't aware of it doesn't automatically mean that NASA is hiding its information.

Jeeze Louise!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Like you said, it takes a long time to plan a mission. Who is to say that NASA was not aware of India's plans early in their planning stage. After seeing what India's mission plan was maybe NASA realized they would inevitably make certain discoveries and then NASA came up with their mission plans?

No need to be so dismissive.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Deny Arrogance]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
reply to post by RuneSpider

My problem with NASA is that they decided to bomb the moon after India released their information about the moon.
NASA should have had a broadcast special in 2009 that talked about their findings 30 years ago. Instead they make themselves look like they are trying to cover up something by bombing the moon.

They are too secretive to a fault. I love America but India is being more progressive on this one.

It wasn't a bomb and India did did the same thing.
"India's Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft Successful: Moon Impact Probe Hits Lunar Surface"
www.sciencedaily.com... 3A+Latest+Science+News%29

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction

I understand your racial hatred but won't it be good if you keep it to yourself so other people won't find it out? I mean it's okay to be immature but completely making a fool out of yourself seems a new trend to me which you have excelled in.

Doesn't that at least sound a little bit nutty?

Yes and I do believe you need a white jacket with padded walls until you recover enough to join the human race again.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hi, on topic first thanx to both NASA and Indian efforts to confirm this news for us.

Secondly, I do agree NASA is the current leader in all Space exploration activity followed by Russia and Japan. However, countries like China and India are also doing what they can. In case of India atm. I agree they are not anywhere near NASA capability in terms of structure, finance etc, but hey that's a good start for India keeping in mind their realistic low key but important goals and the two recent findings/ confirmations

I hope all scientist can work together in a central space agency and that is when the real progress will start. What say?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join