It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with the ATS membership right now ? !!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

"TRUST ME! THE INTERNET AS YOU KNOW IT WILL NOT BE AROUND WHEN THINGS BEGIN TO GET A LITTLE MORE CRITICAL TOWARDS THE END OF NEXT YEAR!"

If so, and I agree this is the goal...this is why cass sunstein was selected for the role; if this is so, I put forth that the thread starter is attempting to point out this fact, as well as stop the trend. He is not shouting 'fire' in a crowded theatre. He/she is shouting fire in a mossad/cia controlled world, and they should be forcibly made to stand down.

The net is the first and last defense against them, and for anyone to allow them to change anything for their advantage is inconceivable. Is it not enough that they monitor every computer click, every phone call, every brainwave that they can access?

You have NO IDEA what tools they are now employing toward their goal of world control.

For them to DARE to attempt to place the burden of proof or justification of thought on the blogger when they have a gleaming lie-making machine in every house in the world chattering like a meth-fueled monkey, turning on a dime and guessing we won't notice, means they deserve to be met with nothing less than Godly force, set to destroy!

Trust you on this? You are assimilating, and will finally contort yourself to role of hangman. Not for me. No thanks. I am happy you found work, however.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by davidmann]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadlysponge
and so the cycle continues.

next week another mothership landing thread, another imminent disclosure thread, another 2012 theory thread, another imminent nuclear war thread, another beautiful places on earth thread, another strange structures on the moon thread and yes, another cheap sentimental thread like this one.

you think, [OP] is the first one to point this out, well, then people who find loop holes in the 911 attacks or new structures on mars every week also think they are the first ones to think of their brilliant theory...

and yes, i guarantee another theory of existence in the 'psycho' forums

point is, the sane people who come here only come to be entertained, not for 'information'.

so dont blame people when people make fun of nut jobs who predict the end of the world or, see blurry manufacturing plants on the moon or pyramid shaped ufo's over moscow...

put it this way, if you go out and show pictures of blurry craters and rocks on the moon and call them human skulls or power plants and they put you in the looney bin, what makes you think people here will tolerate you because you do it online?

Excellent post. I agree 100% I see nothing wrong with ridiculing someone (as long as its in the T&Cs) if they post a pointless thread, mainly all the moon rock threads.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATC_GOD

Dont get your feelers all hurt when someone gives thier opinion on what the heck they think is up with these issues. Just my 2 cents.

That's sound advice. However, there's a difference between giving an opinion that is contrary to what someone believes/doesn't believe vs. attacking them personally and/or questioning their sanity/intelligence/basis in reality at the same time.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

I personally feel that we are close to a breakthrough in some realy important topics that have been raised time and time again in the last 6 months. Please remember why we joined this freedom of information movement that is ATS and let others ideas contribute to your own. Everyone has something to offer and we all have something to learn.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by captiva]

Ive been a member her for nearly 4 years and lurked for two. The topics you mentioned were rigorously discussed back when I first came across this site. And the "breakthroughs" are no closer now than they were back then.

I can't for the life of me work out why you are telling members how to behave. I bet I could easily find a snotty post from you in your time here.

Sometimes people like to make a strong point that hurts (obviously yours) peoples feelings. Why are you so bothered anyway?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

1. Presenting of orthodox opinions is perfectly fine. It's when they're presented as fact that we have a problem. The site's line is 'deny ignorance', and yet if we don't say anything, we're encouraging it.

You mean unorthodox, right? And I concur, opinions are opinions and facts are facts. Some people are not very honest with their presentation and indeed that becomes a problem sometimes.

2. If someone's opinion is not based in fact, or arrived at by critical thinking, then that should be brought up, as a service to the person holding the opinion at least. Again, we have to deny ignorance, not foster it.

I agree but who is going to seperate opinions from facts? I think it is up to each reader to make up their own minds rather than have a supposed authority dictate it.

3. No, they don't. I've yet to see a conspiracy theory of any kind discussed on ATS that actually had any basis in real life. Not one. If you want to show me one, please go ahead. I'll be right here.

Maybe you are a new member? I cannot believe you would make such an ignorant response otherwise. I mean really, that is pathetic by any standard........

4. Nope - if anyone participates on ATS, they have a moral duty to keep the signal-to-noise ratio on the site as great as possible, otherwise the site will degrade into separate chatrooms where people are free to make up any reality they want. It will cease being Above Top Secret, but Above Top Sanity.

I agree! Some people try harder than others.

5. Why? The site promises critical analysis of evidence and claims. Why should people just give in to the fruitcakes and let them run riot, claiming chemtrails and the such are real? If people can't stand having their hypotheses criticised, they should keep them to themselves. Nothing is learned by shielding a hypothesis from critical analysis.

Well some hypothesis are not easily testable due to a lack of evidence.

The lack of evidence itself may signify a conspiracy. Normally a conspiracy means things are done in the backroom with near absolute secrecy so finding evidence is like chasing ghosts...hit or miss!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i agree, there needs to be two sides but ppl are being rude and throw their wait around when they dont know much. I at least admit when im not totaly up to date and post on a subject.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Teki187

My response was not directed entirely upon you. It was partially directed at you because you fit many of characteristics described in my earlier post. With hindsight I should have made a general reply rather than a direct reply.

Please accept my apology!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
[edit on 14-12-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

Excellent post. I agree 100% I see nothing wrong with ridiculing someone (as long as its in the T&Cs) if they post a pointless thread, mainly all the moon rock threads.

From the T & C

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

I could be wrong, but I assume that purposefully ridiculing someone that you disagree with can be considered a violation of the T & C. Ridiculing is abusive and can be seen as attacking someone for their personal beliefs.

It's possible to disagree with someone without having to also belittle them in the process.

You said in an earlier post to the OP (I believe it's on the first page? I believe it was you) that you were sick of threads like these, told the OP that the simple solution was to not enter them, yet you chose to come into a thread with a topic that annoys you just so you could ridicule the OP.

This may be brash, but intentions like these degrade the integrity of this site which has such strict T & C and heavy moderation for a reason. That reason is so that people can freely and openly discuss and debate theories and ideas that are not mainstream, some can be considered fringe. However, it's also a place for people to disagree with those theories and the T & C is there to keep the discussion from descending into chaos (which is likely to happen without the proper conditions set in place when people disagree with eachother), which they often do as of late, so that it's not a hostile environment and so that people WANT to come here.

I hate that I lately have to brace myself when I decide to enter the world of ATS. I used to get excited at learning new information. I still come here for that, but instead of excitement it's more like a reservation I have. I can't help but wonder when I enter into a thread, whose calling who what and which wayward direction the discussion has gone (that is most clearly not the one it was intended for).

What happens as this goes on is that those who actually have intelligent content, theories, ideas to contribute/debate wind up staying away from ATS completely so that what happens is it turns into a forum like so many other forums that are empty shells in which meaningless banter takes place and real fringe lunatics like to loiter in. The forums that seem more like a YouTube comments section.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I think you missed my point. I, like many others here have been abusive towards other members to a certain degree. And when I say abusive I mean attacking their subject opinions, not their personality. There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

As stated in an earlier post, the moon rock threads are a perfect example. While one person sees moon bases another sees just rocks. Aren't we allowed to pour scorn on something we personally believe to be untrue? Can't we show a controlled burst of ridicule towards that poster if we think they are stretching their imaginations a tad to far?

And yes I appreciate the irony of me posting in a thread that I don't agree with, but these type of threads are the exact opposite of what ATS is all about. Namely freedom of speech.

[edit on Monday20092009-12-14T15:16:20-06:00pm3116200912 by thesneakiod]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

Thats what i feel if you want to make sensationalist claims then write a novel. The only reason i joined this sight was to have a place that was grounded to discuss theorys that are already fighting just to hold clout. When a fellow atser rights of the reptilian uprising and we give it clout by not calling them out then what is the point of searching for truth. How will any real conspiracy be unfirled if we do not even attempt factual reporting.
If the local news anchor went on tv and claimed imenet alien invasion cause they had a dream. Would you beleive them? and if you choose yes then you might as well beleive all the other lies the media and govrnment spews. While i admit its nice to have the freedom to ride the fringe to do so irresponsibly is nothing more then lieing. Why create fantastic lies when there is so much fantastic truth to be found.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

If you think they are stretching their imagination, it's okay to tell them. It's another to ridicule them.

Here's the thing I've come to realize about ATS and free speech. It technically does not exist. Just like there's no free speech in my house when a visitor wants to call me names (hasn't happened yet thankfully
), I'm a visitor to ATS which is owned by someone who has set the rules of engagement.

I mean, if you came into my house and started berating me and I threw you out would you claim I was suppressing your free speech?

This isn't a public area. It's a private forum that we have been granted access to. The owner's can unfortunately kick any one of us out whenever they want.

And just to be clear (in case you weren't sure) I wasn't saying you shouldn't be in this thread if you don't like the subject matter; rather, as you noticed, I was just pointing out the irony.

edit: typo

[edit on 14-12-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Why are people so afraid of debate? If you are afraid of debate it is just as bad if you only watch TV for your information.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Insulting people and berating them isnt a form of free speech, it's just being abusive, especially if there's no reason for the outburst.

What I meant is that it's (IMO) OK to tell someone very strongly that you believe they are wrong. And in most cases, instead of letting it roll off them, the recipient complains that they are getting abusive treatment.

What im trying to say is that I personally think that some members here need stonger backbones.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You want to know what makes ATS less than the best?
What makes it no different than the rest, what makes it rot from the inside?

The fact that someone can get banned eternally for something small and ridiculous because of a specific staff members attitude or general demeanor.

The facts that certain subjects are shunned because of the outside populaces general ignorant perspective on such and from that, there closed minded state on even allowing such discussion to occur. Bending from outside authority and not truly setting the needed example.

If ATS and it's members really want to be different, then perhaps they should be, should they not?

In order to discover truth is it not necessary to entirely cover all aspects or will you just choose what fits the picture according to your own personal beliefs and ideal traditions?

You cannot pick and choose if you expect to find "real" truth as it is.

When management prohibits certain areas of interest, that is picking and choosing and not allowing the necessary process to occur that will cover all sides of what is essential to unravel the mysteries. Simply put, it mirrors all the areas of religion, society and corruption that it claims to differ from.

Like in society, ATS needs it's own revolution if it plans to uphold its claims truthfully and accomplish something worthwhile.

Just like in government, more and more boundaries are established to protect what? To protect who?

To protect the ignorant. To protect those with agendas. It is all a giant mirrored reflection of everything else if you look close enough. Yes there has to be order but what a convenient excuse to implement more restrictions and such. It's all there to see if you all just take a look.

Now onto somewhere where boundaries of formed opinion don't limit me and my quest in "the way it is", not the way it is wanted or percieved....

Regards,

N3krostatic

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It is important to remember that all of us are people and deserve not to be called vulgar names and berated its one thing to say an idea is bs and crazy its another to say that a person is. I am very much against the fabricators of non truths but nothing going on here warrants trying to hurt peoples well being it is a forum not a witch trial afterall i just miss the days when an interesting title actually had an interesting thread.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
[edit on 14-12-2009 by Temperedmind]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You're essentially saying that people should roll over and take the abuse. THAT shows lack of backbone. Most people don't like being treated poorly and will stand up for themselves when they are.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mantisfan72

It's not debate people take issue with. It's the way those that disagree with them do so that people are getting tired of.

This goes for both sides.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

You're essentially saying that people should roll over and take the abuse. THAT shows lack of backbone. Most people don't like being treated poorly and will stand up for themselves when they are.

Maybe not in the real world no. But in the virtual world, you are essentially being abused by a computer. Its hardly an infringement on your life. If you think it is (i don't necessarily mean you) you should get out more.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join