It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights are a no no.....in my opinion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You do pose an interesting question, but have you ever stopped to think that maybe 'our' lights are just like 'theirs'? If you believe in reverse technology, maybe we're mimicking them. The ancients described lights coming from airships in the sky all the time, even before humans had the use of a single light bulb. Also, if you believe (like some do) that there are 'alien' cultures living on this planet with us, those lights may be for their benefit and not ours.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Have you ever thought about the flashing lights to be more of a millitary approach...

when something with flashing lights comes towards the ordinary human, there is a high percentage of humans that only stands there, awe struck if you can call it.

and the lights is also there for ID reasons i think, a special race have a special light sequence around the ship.

The lights might also indicate or be indicators from engine system, there is many reasons for the possibility of lights on a UFO.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In reply to Majestic.....Im sorry if my post was confusing.....after reading it again it was confusing to me lol...
Ok in simple terms.....why would something fly into our atmosphere, which in itself is a fuker to get into (another argument)(without knowledge) want to display lights if they are not on a landing or flightpath lets say.
Everything seems to be in their favour.....Im just simply asking......why lights and if so.....why on a par to our technology off lights......even down to colours ? Why not a translucent deeply pink with a tinge of purplish green with a tint of grey whistling amongst a deep shade of black brightened by a sliver of silver shading florescentlly shading from a whitish reddish greenish bliush........HUFF .....blue
Lights.........are a no no no no

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In reply to Majestic.....Im sorry if my post was confusing.....after reading it again it was confusing to me lol...
Ok in simple terms.....why would something fly into our atmosphere, which in itself is a fuker to get into (another argument)(without knowledge) want to display lights if they are not on a landing or flightpath lets say.
Everything seems to be in their favour.....Im just simply asking......why lights and if so.....why on a par to our technology off lights......even down to colours ? Why not a translucent deeply pink with a tinge of purplish green with a tint of grey whistling amongst a deep shade of black brightened by a sliver of silver shading florescentlly shading from a whitish reddish greenish bliush........HUFF .....blue

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have to agree with OptimusBob here.. what good is a spaceship if you're just going to cruise along space? "Ladida, look at me in my spaceship, just .. cruisin'! Really, -just- cruisin', nothing else!" Eventually those with a spaceship probably want to make a point of travelling - even if you can travel with the speed of light, you'll be away for some time - and actually inspect the places they go to.
Now, assuming that they will visit some planets for this exact reason, they might want to do some probing with whatever method they see fit. It's not up to us to say that the visible light spectrum is of no use to them; neither can we say that the lights you're talking about contain only the visible light spectrum. For all we know, they're beaming out a specific signature of the electromagnetic spectrum of which part happens to be all that is visible to us; but what's visible to us might not be visible to them, and vice versa. To them, it might be what infrared light is to us, and maybe they think we can't see the lights. Bwahaha, if only they knew!

Of course, that's all hypothetical.

[eta: written to be mildly funny, no real pun intended! sorry if you feel offended
]

[edit on 12-12-2009 by scraze]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar
You do pose an interesting question, but have you ever stopped to think that maybe 'our' lights are just like 'theirs'? If you believe in reverse technology, maybe we're mimicking them. The ancients described lights coming from airships in the sky all the time, even before humans had the use of a single light bulb.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by gazerstar]

Gazer....thankyou.....you may have saved my post....Your words are helpful and considerate. Im not good at putting threads together, but at least you give a good explaination and not an answer that makes me look a cok.....thankyou

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I post a logical option as to why an alien craft would use lights, but also a reason why they might use the same light colours as us and it gets skipped over.

OP please respond to my posting with your logic and point of view, tell me why I might be so wrong please. If you want a debate then step up, the ice is thin..

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What if they have internal lights?
Just guessing here but the crafts could be translucent and the light projecting outwards would seem external maybe.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I might be wrong here...but am I right thinking that all the rockets and shuttles leave this earth with no lights ?......I dont see them on board, and I always see the shuttle land daytime with no lights....so how is this a space thing for having lights ?
Im open to being wrong here so dont flash earth lights at me please

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunker or Bust
I post a logical option as to why an alien craft would use lights, but also a reason why they might use the same light colours as us and it gets skipped over.

OP please respond to my posting with your logic and point of view, tell me why I might be so wrong please. If you want a debate then step up, the ice is thin..

The ice is thin and so is the atmosphere.....so how do so many get through without burning up without having the prior knowledge of knowing our atmosphere......truth is.....they are either taught or all lights are from earth

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by flylead

I think you somewhat missed the point so moving on now. Seem to combat logic and open debate with gibberish

Have fun you crazy kids, dont use all the tin foil now christmas is coming

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Im standing my ground until someone can tell me how they manage to navigate our atmosphere with lights blazing and not one.......not one has ever came in at the wrong angle. Am sure we would see a major skynight firework show different to meteors if they were flying in with strange technology....
Lights are still a no no no no no
Does not make sense.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunker or Bust
reply to post by flylead

I think you somewhat missed the point so moving on now. Seem to combat logic and open debate with gibberish

Have fun you crazy kids, dont use all the tin foil now christmas is coming

Im right I think......so lets move on(lights blazing).....of course

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by flylead

*cough* you missed *cough* my *cougH* post, I believe.

Although the start of the post is somewhat silly, I'm quite serious about the latter part.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by flylead

Ok cool, you have the balls to admit it so i'll get back..

If we can get into our atmosphere no problem then I would think an alien craft could, it's only a matter of controlling heat and having the right trajectory, if us simple minded humans can work this out, then I’m sure an alien race who’ve travelled throughout the galaxy to get here in the first place, could do it standing on their heads blindfolded, and again, what if the lights are not for us to look at but for propulsion.

I have no answer to why they have the coloured lights we see on YouTube or any video's of UFO's for that matter, all I'm proposing to you is maybe the lights have nothing to do with navigating the craft but to make it fly and/or cheat gravity...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by flylead

No if you posed your question such as "why do you think alien craft may use lights & colours like ours, I can't see a logical reason for it?"

You might have got somewhere, but sadly its a case of they use lights so its a no no no no for you. I gave a logical reason for it (communication) and you don't seem to understand my attempt at communication to you. I now also know flashing a torch with morse at you wont work either

Sorry to be a bit blunt, no offense intended. You made a statement and I gave a logical and feasible reply, that has not been countered. For example take the film close encounters, no common language so they used musical tones and visual signals to start basic common understanding (communication). They used lights in that film as well...

And they you go off and derail your own thread?!? but in response:-

How can they get into our atmosphere without incident? Well they managed to get a LONG way to us so I imagine that entering the atmosphere would be the easy part on a technical level... How do they know about our atmosphere? Well I am sure if they travel the universe they might have come across one or two before.

Must not feed the trolls

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
no no no no no........the bulbs are earth techno FULL STOP

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by flylead
Hi all....I have been following oh forget it....cant be bothered to type a story for my explaination
Point is......If UFO'S come from deep space.....why would they need lights....not likely to meet much on the way are they ?
Explain that.....saves me a typefull

Well, it's not that [some] "need" light, rather, they ARE light! Their craft are pure electromagnetic energy. You know how they say that matter is simply light/energy condensed and vibrating at a very low frequency? Well it's just possible that [some] UFOs (the ones that comprise the light family) are vibrating at such a high frequency that they appear as masses of pure light to the naked human eye.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Must not feed the trolls

He he he....

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by flylead

As a casual observe of UFO sitings and having had one odd siting myself guess it would be called a UFO cause we didnt know what the hell we saw that night. Something that always makes me dissmiss UFO sightings is if its govenment project cover up or there really are aliens snooping around the planet why would they put a whole bunch of bright lights on there covert vehicles???

Its like a burglar wearing a bright orange outfit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join