It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: President Bush Suffers Bad Karma with Bike

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
While mountian bike riding today President Bush fell. The President was on the 16th mile of a 17 mile ride when he fell he was riding with a military aide, members of the Secret Service and his personal physician.

USA TODAY

"He had minor abrasions and scratches on his chin, upper lip, nose, right hand and both knees," Duffy (White House spokesman)

"It's been raining a lot and the topsoil is loose," the spokesman said. "You know this president. He likes to go all out. Suffice it to say he wasn't whistling show tunes."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Duffy also said Bush probably would be wearing a bandage on his chin.

Sources Fox News (Cable) and usatoday.com

[Edited on 5-23-2004 by Valhall]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
first he chokes on a pretzel.

then he falls off his bike.

he sounds like my 3 year old neighbor's kids- maybe he needs training wheels and a sippy cup.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Your three year old neighbor has kids? you must live in Utah!!

Edit - How come the Kerry spill didn't warrant a thread?

[Edited on 5/22/04 by Seth Bullock]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thank god that at least our President has a great sense of humor

What a day, what a guy!

Gazz

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Kerry uninjured in fall from bicycle
May 2, 2004

CONCORD, Mass. --Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry took a spill from his bicycle while riding Sunday afternoon but was not injured, a campaign official said.

Kerry was riding with Secret Service agents through Concord, about 18 miles north of Boston, when his bike hit a patch of sand and he fell, campaign officials said.

"He's fine. They took the bike into the bike shop and he went home," said campaign spokesman Michael Meehan.

Kerry was in Massachusetts -- he has a home in Boston -- enjoying a break from the campaign trail. It was not immediately clear on what road in Concord he was biking.

Kerry, 60, rides his bicycle as often as he can and sometimes brings it with him on the campaign plane.

LINK

Kery did it fiiiiirst.

No, but seriously. Is there something wrong with these Skull & Bone cousins? OR IS IT A SECRET MESSAGE???

Muahaha.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Duffy also said Bush probably would be wearing a bandage on his chin.

Grrrr...where's that thread on all the Presidents wearing band-aids in public? Like Les Nesman. It's a CONSPIRACY!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Look up Bush, Segway on ATS Search for more evidence of why you do not want this person at the wheel of anything that could be remotely damaging, from pretzel to nuclear bomb to the "free world".

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What's WRONG with you people?

Haven't ANY of you EVER messed ANYTHING up before in your lives?

You had a holiday with the pretzel... now, I'm sure this is going to be added to your list of reasons why Bush oughtn't to be president... because he fell off a bike.

He could've been killed, and you're laughing at him.

I guess it was pretty funny when Kennedy was stupid enough to ride around in a car with the top down, eh?

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well at least Kerry didn't get hurt.... musta been all that military training Kerry had that Bush missed while he was AWOL haha

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer
What's WRONG with you people?

Haven't ANY of you EVER messed ANYTHING up before in your lives?

You had a holiday with the pretzel... now, I'm sure this is going to be added to your list of reasons why Bush oughtn't to be president... because he fell off a bike.

I guess it was pretty funny when Kennedy was stupid enough to ride around in a car with the top down, eh?

Oh, he could've been killed?

Man I wonder where my Purple Cross is for falling down a cliff with my mountainbike and having a 1 inch thick stick stuck in my side.

I actualy drove 15 kilometers to the finish of the tour to get the red cross guys to check it out and stitch me up.

This pansy of a president of yours takes his personal physician with em in case he gets a cramp!!

Its funny how presidential compaigners even try to outdo eachother in falling of bikes and stuff

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by thematrix]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer

I'm not laughing. The man is a tragedy, and a disgrace, and shows no signs of being able to lead any endeavor, as demonstrated by his life's track record. No humor to be found there. How he got to be "president" may be a black comedy to some, not to me.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
This pansy of a president of yours takes his personal physician with em in case he gets a cramp!!

And Guy Verhofstadt is the most hardcore leader this side of the Atlantic. Wait, I was thinking of Zangief from Street Fighter. Oh Well. But until I see Guy Verhofstadt beating the hell out of a mountain bear or suriving getting shot several times, I will not call Bush a pansy.

Oh and I too think its hillarious Kennedy decided to drive through the Big T with the top down, what was he asking for? A shot in the face.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by Agent47]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
From AP:

Earlier this month, Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry took a spill from his bicycle while riding with Secret Service agents through Concord, Mass., about 18 miles north of Boston. Kerry fell when his bike hit a patch of sand. He was not injured.

Looks like John "Hanoi" Kerry did just about the same thing.

Or maybe he voted for riding a bike, but that was before he voted against it?
Or maybe Kerry was riding a skateboard, he doesn't really recall...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
And Guy Verhofstadt is the most hardcore leader this side of the Atlantic. Wait, I was thinking of Zangief from Street Fighter. Oh Well. But until I see Guy Verhofstadt beating the hell out of a mountain bear or suriving getting shot several times, I will not call Bush a pansy.

Oh and I too think its hillarious Kennedy decided to drive through the Big T with the top down, what was he asking for? A shot in the face.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by Agent47]

I guess I should have added [sarcasme] tags

Apart from that, where the heck do I say or state that I think Guy is a great guy?

Although hes an active biker, his looks and running of our goverment are as great and apealing to me as a fluffy teddybear that I'm allergic to.

I don't like politics and politicians, PERIOD, no matter if its in the US or over here.

I live my life by my own standards, beliefs and morals and noone tells me what to do. And you can trust me on this, you can ask anyone that knows me, I'm a very nice guy, always helpfull and always there when someone is in need.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by thematrix]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Feck me - can't the colonials ride bikes these days. First Kerry then Dubya. Maybe they need to get back to the old West and ride horses instead

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
All i can really say is that in this case:

Four wheels good, two wheels bad.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
so you'd rather him drive a car?...Ozzy had the same problem on a 4-wheeler...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wow, some great replies.. good comedians among us.. I must admit I laughed my A__ off reading through this thread just now.

I would like to say this about George W. Bush No matter what you think of him, his politics, or what you see as his failures. This man has always had a great sense of humor.. even at his own expence.

Thank god he was not hurt too bad in this bike riding fall. But I will bet you he was the FIRST one cracking jokes about this.. not those posted here!

Gazz

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Two embarrassments in one day! First Dubya falls off his tricycle then Li'l Jenna gets in a hissy and refuses to go to her gaduation ceremony. Or did Dub fall off his trike AFTER hearing Jenna was in a tizzy? Just asking.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I heard that he was spooked because he thought he saw Billary's face on a horned toad's body, squatting behind a cactus.

Well at least he didn't put in for a Purple Heart!

Or blame it on the Secret Service.

BTW: Kerry was driving a $6,000 bike. For that money, it should drive itself.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by jsobecky]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join