It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ not a savior, only a prophet.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
"You heard that I said to you, ‘I go away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I,' (John 14:28)

"Thou shalt worship the Lord, thy God; And Him only shalt thou serve." (Matthew 4:10 KJV)

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:17 KJV)

And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.
But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet. (Matthew 21:45-46 KJV)

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. (Matthew 24:36 KJV)

If Christ and God are the same how can Christ not know the hour of the end of the world but only the Father? Doesn't that contradict the Trinity theology?

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD (Deuteronomy 6:4 KJV)

Again we have another verse denying the Trinity.

And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. (Matthew 26:39)

Why would he ask for it to pass from him if the Father will? Shouldn't he know this is he is already God? And why pray to himself if he is God?

And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he (Mark 12:32)

Yet again another verse denying the Trinity.

These verses are worth pondering over. Why if Jesus is God why would he pray to himself and why call the Father greater than him. The Trinity is a false doctrine promoted by the church. God can only be one infinite being. Not three separate persons yet one. That doesn't make much sense.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I am a Christian who was raised a protestant and through much study and prayer, have come to the conclusion that the trinity as most religions see it does not exist. I believe that The Father Son and Holy Spirit all agree as if they were of one mind. They have the same goals and thoughts for mankind.

However nothing in those verses above when all is taken in context says Jesus is not the Christ.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Why if Jesus is God why would he pray to himself and why call the Father greater than him

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7278f5731520.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm really glad you posted this, because I've always felt the same way. I believe he existed and was a prophet, but I don't believe he is one and the same with God. I have no problem if other people believe in the trinity, and I won't tell them they're wrong, because I certainly don't claim to have all the answers.

But it is interesting to study the teachings of the Gnostics and the other gospels that were never canonized. They paint a different picture than the official doctrine, and I'm curious what other people's attitudes are towards those.

Edit to add: If I were to describe my beliefs, I'd say that Jesus was just as much God as any other man. He was just more in touch with a higher reality and the mysteries it contained. I'm of the opinion that collectively we are all god, and the separation we perceive is nothing more than an illusion.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by killuminati2012]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a lack of theology. God=Jesus Yes. God broke a part of himself to make Jesus. Get it? Jesus=mini God/man. Jesus went through the same experiance as any man. God wanted to see what man went through first hand. So it is plausbile to pray to God and be Jesus

SHUN THE ATHEIST AGENDA

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by killuminati2012

But it is interesting to study the teachings of the Gnostics and the other gospels that were never canonized. They paint a different picture than the official doctrine, and I'm curious what other people's attitudes are towards those.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by killuminati2012]

90% of the Gnostic Gospels are rubbish. Intresting, but rubbish. Some books are true I believe anyways. Thats for you to decide.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Great post.

I've been saying this forever. Jesus also wasnt christian. He was a jew.

Could you imagine JC walking around worshiping himself?

He was a highly evolved soul. He was one of several that come at critical times to "kick start" another level. This thing called christianity is anything but...its churchianity.

He came to teach us....and most of us STILL aint got it yet!

BTW, I believe the Catholic church is the Roman Empire version 2.0

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

John recorded Jesus as saying to the Jews, "...if you believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins." John 8:24

Some contemporaries called Him a prophet...
...but Jesus never claimed the title of 'prophet'.

Believe like the Jews if you will who didn't recognize their own Messiah...
...but be prepared to meet the same fate as they.

[edit on 10/12/09 by troubleshooter]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Amen to that. I feel that too many people have gotten so caught up in dogma and semantics that they completely miss the overall message of what Jesus taught (which is an excellent teaching by the way).

I mean, just look at all the people saying you're wrong and you're going to hell. I thought one of Jesus's main points was to not judge your fellow man. There is so much in his message, that if looked at beyond a superficial level, reveals so much about the mysteries of life.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by killuminati2012
reply to post by felonius

Amen to that. I feel that too many people have gotten so caught up in dogma and semantics that they completely miss the overall message of what Jesus taught (which is an excellent teaching by the way).

I mean, just look at all the people saying you're wrong and you're going to hell. I thought one of Jesus's main points was to not judge your fellow man. There is so much in his message, that if looked at beyond a superficial level, reveals so much about the mysteries of life.

Yes yes yes amen you got. But when it comes down to it majority of Christians are wrong. I'm radical enough. But radical enough to say that Homosexuals can go to heaven. (and don't need to change)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Performing miracles is power that only comes from God .
Only true prophets have that power.

Google dictionary - kenosis

noun Theology. the doctrine that Christ relinquished His divine attributes so as to experience human suffering.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------however , when necessary , prophets can and have ,
put on the armour of God.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
Performing miracles is power that only comes from God .
Only true prophets have that power.

Google dictionary - kenosis

noun Theology. the doctrine that Christ relinquished His divine attributes so as to experience human suffering.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------however , when necessary , prophets can and have ,
put on the armour of God.

Elijah

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Wow!! It sounds like you are pretty sure of this. Don't you think that your taking these verses a little out of context?

IF I DO TALK ABOUT RELIGION. FIRST OFF I DON'T BELIEVE IN RELIGION. I BELIEVE IN THE 3 FATHER SON AND HOLY SPIRIT/GHOST. THE 3 MIND BODY AND SOUL. THE 3RD DIMENSION. I AM A SPIRITUAL AND YES CHRIST IS MY SAVIOR.

What he said

[edit on 10-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
A few verses to counter that argument:

John 14:6 (NKJV)

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

1 John 5:11–12 (NKJV)

11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Matthew 10:33 (NKJV)

33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

John 12:48 (NKJV)

48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him— the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.

Matthew 10:32 (NKJV)

32 “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.

John 10
Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came 1before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 cI am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

11 d“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a 2hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and eleaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and fI know My sheep, and gam known by My own. 15 hAs the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; iand I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And jother sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; kand there will be one flock and one shepherd.

17 “Therefore My Father lloves Me, mbecause I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I nhave power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. oThis command I have received from My Father.”

John 3:16 (NKJV)

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Matthew 20:28 (NKJV)

28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”

John 6:51 (NKJV)

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”

John 1:1–3 (NKJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The Sanhedrin certainly thought Jesus was claiming equality with God...
...that's why they sought to kill Him.

"This was why the Jews sought all the more to kill him, because he not only broke the sabbath but also called God his Father, making himself equal with God." RSV John 5:18

Peter called Jesus the Messiah (Christ), the Son of the Living God.

"Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do men say that the Son of man is?" 14 And they said, "Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." 15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" 16 Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17 And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven." Matthew 16:13-17

Peter says it and Jesus confirms it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What I must say is this. God has more of a plan for all his fallowers and to some even the Jews. He has implemented His plan and in His way that will happen. If you read the book of Tobeth.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The Shema doesn't disprove the trinity doctrine.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The talmud does disprove Christ-God claim. Although I do wish I own it. really do... damnit. lol

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
The talmud does disprove Christ-God claim. Although I do wish I own it. really do... damnit. lol

Which one?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

Originally posted by Jordan River

Which one?

what one I want? lol. for real? don't kid.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join