It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ not a savior, only a prophet.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by radarloveguy
Performing miracles is power that only comes from God .
Only true prophets have that power.

This is not true. Jesus tells us that devils have power to preform "miracles"

Okay, but may I disagree.
The purpose of "miracles" in Biblical times was foremost to authenticate the God-given credentials of the miracle worker. For e.g. by prophets, Jesus, apostles alone.
I cannot think of any "miracles", e.g. healing, being performed by devils, demons described in the Bible. Magic, scorcery (e.g. magicians in Pharoah's courts), deceptions, illusions, yes. Miracles, no.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
However nothing in those verses above when all is taken in context says Jesus is not the Christ.

Agree, Bible tells us there is ONE God, manifested in three persons/personalities.
Jesus is said to be God's "only begotten son".
God the Father is fuly God, but a separate person/personality.
Jesus is fully God, but a separate person/personality.
The Holy Spirit is fully God, but a separate person/personality.
Three-in-ONE.
It is a mystery, but not too much for ATSers to absorb.
Genesis:
"Let us make man in our image."

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Elijah and Elisah multiplied bread, healed people, and resurrected the dead. What Christ did wasn't anything new.

Some time later the son of the woman who owned the house became ill. He grew worse and worse, and finally stopped breathing. She said to Elijah, "What do you have against me, man of God? Did you come to remind me of my sin and kill my son?"

"Give me your son," Elijah replied. He took him from her arms, carried him to the upper room where he was staying, and laid him on his bed. Then he cried out to the LORD, "O LORD my God, have you brought tragedy also upon this widow I am staying with, by causing her son to die?" Then he stretched himself out on the boy three times and cried to the LORD, "O LORD my God, let this boy's life return to him!"

The LORD heard Elijah's cry, and the boy's life returned to him, and he lived. Elijah picked up the child and carried him down from the room into the house. He gave him to his mother and said, "Look, your son is alive!" (1 Kings 17:17-23)

Naaman's servants went to him and said, "My father, if the prophet had told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it? How much more, then, when he tells you, 'Wash and be cleansed'!" So he went down and dipped himself in the Jordan seven times, as the man of God had told him, and his flesh was restored and became clean like that of a young boy. (2 Kings 5:13-14)

A man came from Baal Shalishah, bringing the man of God twenty loaves of barley bread baked from the first ripe grain, along with some heads of new grain. "Give it to the people to eat," Elisha said.

"How can I set this before a hundred men?" his servant asked.
But Elisha answered, "Give it to the people to eat. For this is what the LORD says: 'They will eat and have some left over.' "Then he set it before them, and they ate and had some left over, according to the word of the LORD. (2 Kings 4:42-44)

Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man's body into Elisha's tomb. When the body touched Elisha's bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet. (2 Kings 13:21)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join