It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blender
Notice how every rocket launch video you will find, the trail behind the rocket is squiggly, like a contrail.

Like this you mean:

That only happens below/around 100 km. The first stage (circled in the photo) probably took it to at least 100 km altitude, if not more, and the next stage probably took it up another few hundred km more...

Originally posted by Blender
Take a close look at the Norway photos. The lines in the spiral are absolutley perfect, and do not distort and fade out, they vanish from the center outward within a couple secconds.

That is since, during that stage, the missile was outside the atmosphere where there are no winds to distort the trails. The air is too thin there obviously. The lack of air currents and micro-gravity this far up are the reason why this particular footage seems to be unique.

Speculation: It may be the first time such a perfect spiral has ever been created (or at least caught on film) due to the fact that this was a particularly high altitude failure, under just the right circumstances (ie. if the sun had been above the horizon at the time, it may not have been noticed).

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TallWhites

How many times does it take before common sense sinks in?

Russian nclear missile test fails, visible over Norway

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Deny ignorance.

jw

They claimed to have fired from the White Sea, only problem with that explanation is the spiral originated from a mountain

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites

Deny ignorance.

jw

They claimed to have fired from the White Sea, only problem with that explanation is the spiral originated from a mountain

Is this a joke?

Seriously do you think those mountains are the end of the world and there's nothing behind them?

I can't believe the tripe some people come up with!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
Look, it wouldn't matter what it was, everyone on here in intent on disagreeing with everyone and everything that comes up.
I could say "Black Is Black" and "White Is White" but someone will come along and tell me I'm wrong and someone will try and prove how much more intelligent they are and say that Black is, in fact, the Absence of light while white is the reflection of light. Someone wil then come along and say that balck is actually white and white is actually black. Someone will then come along and say "Can you provide a Source"? and then a Link will come up showing Black spiralling oiut of control spewing out white antimatter.

Anyhow, you get the picture. It's very hard to have a decent debate going here and it's a shame because we could all learn a lot more from each other if we could just settle down and stop trying to Argue with each other..

Some people can't even ask a Question without getting shot down in flames. How can anyone learn anything if they can't ask?

/Signed and QFT! This is the best question of the whole thread. If we can't stop attacking and one upping each other, progress will spiral, opportunities will be missed, and we will only be able to blame ourselves.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdeeman

Deny ignorance.

jw

Is this a joke?

Seriously do you think those mountains are the end of the world and there's nothing behind them?

Check a map, the White Sea is over 400 km away from where the event happened

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Deny ignorance.

jw

Is this a joke?

Of course the mountains is the end of the world, Sweden and Finland is in that direction

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I know that the offical expliation of this event is coolant or fuel being shot out on the side of a russian missle, making the missle spiral as it ascended, thus creating this incredible effect as the liquid leaking from the missle was being relfected in the sun light in the upper atmosphere. Am I the only one here, who after looking at the video for a while, almost laughed at this explanation? I mean I suppose it could be the real reason, but wow...that was incredible...even the way at the end it seemed to dissapate into a big black hole...yet I find it interesting that the blue spiral going up to the big spirial seemed to remain even after the large spiral dissapeared. Wouldn't that blue portion dissapate with a similar rate as the white portion in the sky? And why was it blue and the upper part white? This just seems all to interesting to me and we shouldn't just all accept the explanation as a given. Maybe its true, maybe it isnt...just a thought.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gromle

Deny ignorance.

jw

Is this a joke?

Of course the mountains is the end of the world, Sweden and Finland is in that direction

You saw it. what do u think

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

The blue spiral disappeared right after the "black hole" was done eating the white spiral. The only thing remaining afterwards was some purplish clouds slowly drifting north. They could be seen for perhaps 15 minutes.

@ jordan river: Whatever the blue stuff was, it did not look like it came from the mountain. Just like a plane doesnt look like it tokk from a mountain by flying over it.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Gromle]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I really dont know. The rocket explanation doesnt satisfy me, and i have been scouring youtube and google all day looking at videos and photos. it definitly seems weird that there was no noise, and what realy puzzles me is the black circle it turns into and the blue jet that streams out. I was reading about wormholes and while no one really knows what they look like, theoretically its a circle like object that you can see thru, meaning its not opaque so you would be able to see stars thru it. I guess it easier for me to believe that it is not a rocket because i believe that some ufo sightings are legit. now whether or not they are "aliens" in the little green guy sense, i dont know, but i think if you realy ponder space travel it makes sense that if someone is visiting our galaxy or solar system they will have traveled super far to get here. Im talking millions of lights years away so maybe "they" are using wormholes as as shortcuts. We will probably never know what the spiral was, i would love to see some shots of it from the water.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Isn't it a bit strange you can see the lower part of the exaust trail?
its supposed to be in low altitude as the semi scientist there have pointed out.
Now the white sea is 500km away. Its hard to belive you can see the exaust 500km away leading in the direction away from the viewers.

more than 300miles range of sight

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The blue spiral disappeared right after the "black hole" was done eating the white spiral. The only thing remaining afterwards was some purplish clouds slowly drifting north. They could be seen for perhaps 15 minutes.

@ jordan river: Whatever the blue stuff was, it did not look like it came from the mountain. Just like a plane doesnt look like it tokk from a mountain by flying over it.

Hmm 15 minutes is a long time. Longer than extimated through reports. 2 minutes vs 10 minutes. now we have 15!!! startling.

Do you believe it was a rocket?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by turdsonparade
reply to post by Jordan River

I really dont know. The rocket explanation doesnt satisfy me, and i have been scouring youtube and google all day looking at videos and photos. it definitly seems weird that there was no noise, and what realy puzzles me is the black circle it turns into and the blue jet that streams out. I was reading about wormholes and while no one really knows what they look like, theoretically its a circle like object that you can see thru, meaning its not opaque so you would be able to see stars thru it. I guess it easier for me to believe that it is not a rocket because i believe that some ufo sightings are legit. now whether or not they are "aliens" in the little green guy sense, i dont know, but i think if you realy ponder space travel it makes sense that if someone is visiting our galaxy or solar system they will have traveled super far to get here. Im talking millions of lights years away so maybe "they" are using wormholes as as shortcuts. We will probably never know what the spiral was, i would love to see some shots of it from the water.

I am stumped as well...than I read on and believe it's a missile. Than I look at it some more and I can't accept it. God opening heaven for me. Alien dude for you. Also theirs the project blue beam agenda which would create world chaos than a global fix.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
delete post

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Hmm 15 minutes is a long time. Longer than extimated through reports. 2 minutes vs 10 minutes. now we have 15!!! startling.

Do you believe it was a rocket?

This is my timeline of the event:
I saw the spiral starting, yelled for girlfriend to come and see.
The "black hole" had eaten the spiral completely after about 2 minutes.

We got in the car, drove to the university (a 5 min. drive). Parked the car, went inside, chatted abit with my friends who also had seen it. Went outside for a sigarette, and could still some purple smoke some distance north of where it happened slowly drifting further north.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spender

Good post

Worth reposting IMHO, with my bolding added

Originally posted by spender
sorry if this is a double post, but here is the news from space.com...

By Clara Moskowitz
Staff Writer
posted: 10 December 2009
11:28 a.m. ET

"A spectacular spiral light show in the sky above Norway Wednesday was caused by a Russian missile that failed just after launch, according to Russia's defense ministry.

When the rocket motor spun out of control, it likely created the heavenly spiral of white light near where the missile was launched from a submarine in the White Sea. The Russian defense ministry confirmed to the Itar-Tass news agency that a Bulava ballistic missile test had failed.

"This cloud was very spectacular, and when we looked at the videos people submitted to the media, we quickly concluded that it looked like a rocket or missile out of control, thus the spiraling effect," Paal Brekke, a senior advisor at the Norwegian Space Centre in Oslo, told SPACE.com. "I think this is the first time we have seen such a display from a launch failure."

The phenomenon was seen by people all over northern Norway.

"It was a fairly stunning display, and we were really surprised to see it so well observed," Brekke said.

Viewers described an eerie white cloud with a piercing blue-green beam coming out of it.

"It consisted initially of a green beam of light similar in color to the aurora with a mysterious rotating spiral at one end," Nick Banbury of Harstad, Norway told Spaceweather.com. "This spiral then got bigger and bigger until it turned into a huge halo in the sky with the green beam extending down to Earth."

Banbury said he saw the lights on his way to work between 7:50 and 8:00 a.m. local time, or 1:50 and 2:00 a.m. EST (0650 and 7000 GMT).

"We are used to seeing lots of auroras here in Norway, but this was different," he said.

Before the missile test was confirmed, many people suggested the bright light pattern might have been a UFO. Russia finally admitted to the accident, which is an embarrassing mishap for a rocket that had already failed six of 13 previous tests, according to the BBC.

The Bulava missile is designed to carry six individually targeted nuclear warheads over a range of 6,200 miles (10,000 km), the BBC reported."

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker
One thing about this that I've noticed is that in a video posted on the first page www.vgtv.no... which is the best proof in my opinion of it being a rocket, it is clearly out of control in a "Clockwise" rotation. In the opening post, the dramatic picture posted seems to show it's to be counter-clockwise rotation at higher altitudes. For the life of me I can't come up with an explanation for this.

Anybody else?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by The Undertaker]

Clockwise and counterclockwise are relative to the viewers position. Your video was taken from the opposite side.

Best,

N

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren

Originally posted by The Undertaker
One thing about this that I've noticed is that in a video posted on the first page www.vgtv.no... which is the best proof in my opinion of it being a rocket, it is clearly out of control in a "Clockwise" rotation. In the opening post, the dramatic picture posted seems to show it's to be counter-clockwise rotation at higher altitudes. For the life of me I can't come up with an explanation for this.

Anybody else?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by The Undertaker]

Clockwise and counterclockwise are relative to the viewers position. Your video was taken from the opposite side.

Best,

N

It did rotate clockwise.
But all shots here are taken from same general direction, none from the opposit side. Unless the photographer was somewhere in Siberia...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It's been solved... kinda.

news.yahoo.com...

Anyway else smell a coverup??

I don't know, anything released by ANY military authority always raises my eyebrows... espcially since there's a joke involved, by a Russian defence analyst.

People always crack jokes to ease tensions or to smooth swiftly over issues that could become sensational.

Humor, as they say, is one of the best defenses.

Maybe it's just my ATS-in-built paranoia, but, still, something's off somewhere. I got that feeling as I read the post.

new topics

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join