It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The bottom golden trail does look like a missile launch dissipated by wind.

The shape of the spiral and how it scatters look nothing like a failed missile.

Could a missile have been launched at something?

link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

Are you saying that they were sending this message to countries represented by the flags?

link   
Here's a question to the posters that believe this phenomenon is a wormhole, an artificially created black hole with links to LHC, stargate etc.

Do you know what these things are? Do you know what a wormhole is and how it might look if it was in the vincinity? Do you know that a black hole with the SAME MASS as the entire planet would be a few centimetres in diameter? What is a Stargate, anyway?

Do you at all try to study up on the explanations you put forth? Or are you getting this from Star Trek? Even though something might graphically resemble cgi from something you saw in a sci-fi movie, doesn't necessarily imply that reality is assembled the same way. FYI there is sound in space in Star Trek. I don't think there is any in reality...

I found this event awsome, as many others did. This is not an attempt to ridicule. I'm just curious...

Care to comment?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Koyaanisqatsi]

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Koyaanisqatsi]

link   

Originally posted by themuse
reply to post by Phage

Hi Phage

some/most of the photos are taken on long exposure hence they capture light over time which distorts the original real time view. Im trying to find out the exact shutter speed of the perfect spiral one at the moment so I can then tell how long the event actually went for and I also want the images the photog took after that one. If I can get some actual cameras specs we can break it down by math.

have the best day
the muse

I saw the spiral for about 2 minutes. I think I caught it at its begining, couse it was really small when I first saw it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Russia Confirmed that this was a failed missle launch during the third stage.

USA TODAY -- A mysterious blue spiral visible from Norway that had UFO watchers frothing for a few hours today turns out to be the embarrassing fallout from a failed Russian test of a new, submarine-based intercontinental missile.

The Russian defense ministry says the Bulava missile was launched from a submerged submarine in the White Sea. It failed in its third stage, Reuters and the Associated Press report.

Russia Today showed video of the light show. See above or click here.

The Daily Mail said some startled onlookers thought the giant blue light came from a shooting star while the British tabloid The Sun went a bit further with its report, headlined: "Brit terror over swirly UFO."

The failure came in the 13th test of the problem-plagued missile, according to Russia's leading economic dailies Vedomosti and Kommersant.

See video of the spiral and more coverage by clicking here

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
reply to post by DGFenrir

Are you saying that they were sending this message to countries represented by the flags?

No. Click on the flags and you'll see what language I meant.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Gromle - if you saw the spiral in person, what were your thoughts and theories?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Is this an Rocket test in China, it looks the same:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by oneangrymonk

I really didnt have any clue to what it was. Never seen anything remotly like it before.
The first that came to mind was fireworks. You the kind you nail to a post, and it just keep spinning. But it was quite obvious that it wasnt fireworks

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by maxtron

Tip for in the future, just copy paste whats after v=

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Did you all see the latest footage over the Kremlin?

And yes there is day and night footage over a long time frame.

Don't know what to make of it...hmm CGI but why waste all that time for both day and night.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=7690910#pid7690910

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Thanks, its late in Germany, sorry...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gromle

Were you frightened? Did the spiral expand into a ring like in the video? By your estimation was it over water or land?

Thanks, really interesting that you were an eyewitness!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gromle

Originally posted by themuse
reply to post by Phage

Hi Phage

some/most of the photos are taken on long exposure hence they capture light over time which distorts the original real time view. Im trying to find out the exact shutter speed of the perfect spiral one at the moment so I can then tell how long the event actually went for and I also want the images the photog took after that one. If I can get some actual cameras specs we can break it down by math.

have the best day
the muse

I saw the spiral for about 2 minutes. I think I caught it at its begining, couse it was really small when I first saw it.

Thanks Gromle, thats what i heard originally. Did you manage to get shots ?

How lucky are you ! I would love to shoot something like that! And in the image thats on the first page and everywhere through here is that an acurate size of what you saw? Im trying to find out what the camera caught on long exposure as opposed to whats real time.

Have the best day

themuse

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Here's a quick and dirty diagram (sorry, not very good at drawing stuff on a PC) that I hope shows what is going on here:

Dark blue represents Earth and the edge of the upper atmosphere (about 100 km - NOT to scale!).

The yellow ball is the sun, over the horizon in the East. I placed it a little further to the left than it would have been in this case I think, but it makes it a bit more clear to visualize what is going on having it where it is.

The big dark blob represents Russia, and the smaller one represents Norway.

The red arrow represents the first stage of the missile's course, tilted towards the East.

The Pale blue arrow represents the second stage, and probably above 100km throughout the entire stage.

Gray represents the spiral seen from the side.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oneangrymonk

No, wasnt afraid. Just very facinated. My first reaction was to yell for girlfriend to come and see. And we just stood there staring at spiral growing bigger and bigger. The arms just grew longer and longer.

But I did get the chills when the blackness started to grow and seemed to absorb the entire spiral.

I didnt get any shots, my camera had a rough landing on the floor some time back
And mobile cams suck too much for decent shots when its dark.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Gromle]

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Gromle]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gromle

Wow if i had seen that in person i probably would have pee'd a little bit! just wondering if there was any noise to the event? Also whenever it became the black circle, could you see stars thru it on the otherside?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by turdsonparade

It was no noise at all.

I cant recall seeing any stars at all. but I live right in the city centrum so its a lot of light pollution.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
They're saying it was a Russian missile test, but that makes no sense.
The town where the sighting happened is over 400 km away from the nearest Russian border:

maps.google.ca... fe=off&q=Skjervoy,+norway&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Skjerv%C3%B8y,+Norway&gl=ca&ei=z5IhS8KWKcXclAeG7p36CQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0 CAsQ8gEwAA

www.heraldsun.com.au...

No way could something 400 km away give such a closeup view

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gromle
reply to post by turdsonparade

It was no noise at all.

I cant recall seeing any stars at all. but I live right in the city centrum so its a lot of light pollution.

What do you think it is?

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join