It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieinthesky
Anyone else think 'signs in the sky'? Its the first thing that pops into my head....!

Yeah watching the one video actually gave me chills... Something just doesn't seem right about it. It may be my imagination, but I got a feeling of doom from watching this... Kindof like either we were not supposed to see it, or we were getting a glimpse of some higher dimension or portal or something. Hopefully not some kind of black hole...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If this were some type of missle exhaust then why is the exhaust plume narrower towards the ground? This is an inversion of the norm.
I can't go for missle as the image wouldn't disappear so quickly as it did but would persist for some minutes before it dissipated and not leave a black hole in the middle.
I gotta grab my tinfoil hat and say this is some type of exotic weapons test. I sincerely doubt this is any type of natural phenomena.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Wow did they fire up HAARP and the LHC at the sametime

Great find, I agree that this may be a rocket malfunctioning as I have seen missles do similar but not nearly as cool effects

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Maybe the legendary ghost rockets have made a return anybody see a hole in a lake!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Basically the missile went out of control and began spiralling - creating the effect most visible in the longer exposure images.

Of course, we don't know what type of missile it was and I guess the Russians won't exactly be rushing to tell us!

The other possiblity is the they fired HAARP at the missile and that's what caused the spiralling effect

Oh btw - it could indeed be argued that what you see is actually a persistent contrail

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Essan]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

"Spiral" also walked across the sky, leaving a bright blue track.

So the 'blue' is not "eminating" from it, but rather, the track of 'it' across the sky, right?

And where's the LHC & HAARP in relation to this thing?
And where's the nearest Military Installation & Military Vessel in relation to this thing?

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Solofront]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Solofront]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
ok, I watched this video few times:

www.vgtv.no...

and I also think this probably is a rocket

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

It appears the source of blue light is particulate material in the spiral such as burning fuel. The ball of white light could be an explosion and the rings are formed by a sub-sonic sound wave.

I can't hear the video on my phone. Did any locals feel anything? A subsonic burst of that magnitude may have been picked up by earthquake monitoring stations.

My guess is a terrestrial based rocket that exploded in the atmosphere.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I am sorry ... I am not buying into the "exploding rocket" story just yet.

Actually, I am a little surprised, if not disappointed at some posters who, once given an "explanation", simply give up and say things like "solved" ... or "nothing to see here - move along".

Since when do ATS'ers accept the first explanation offered - even if it does sound plausible?!

As I've said before, I don't know what it is but I've got this niggling feeling that this is much bigger than the "exploding rocket" story.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Has anyone seen ALL the videos? If not here they are.

www.vgtv.no...

www.vgtv.no...

www.vgtv.no...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Could be

Project "Blue Beam"
HAARP
A vortex
ETs scanning
Natural phenomena

Very cool photograph!

A star for you and thanks for sharing.

Please keep us updated if this happens again.

You might want to contact www.astronomyclubs.com... and report this perhaps they might be able to tell you what occurred.

If you do and find out let us know.

Very beautiful but a little scary as it to me personally looks like a beam of some kind.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Can anyone put the videos up on Youtube, I can't see them from my work, on that site.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

This was the image I was studying, the cone thing has some hints of spiraling at the top of the cone.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by A52FWY]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

I'm no expert on any of this stuff ... but one cannot speak of "rings" and "spiral" and still be speaking about the same thing.

Rings are rings and spirals are spirals. It is the spiral that has me sitting on the fence. I cannot believe for a second that an exploding rocket can produce such a perfect spiral. Of course, I do agree that sound could produce rings emanating from the source ... but these are clearly not rings.

I also remain unconvinced about the blue light theories that have been offered so far.

Come on ... if there was an incident, such as this might be, that TPTP want to squash, surely one of the first places they would come to is ATS. They know we are trying to keep our collective eyes on the ball and they would be stupid not to come and play it down or offer some BS explanation for the phenomenon ... no?

So ... I'm still not calling "Solved!"

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
that is pretty kwl lookin...but ive never understood why if aliens are visiting us here on earth why doesnt one just simply fly their dam ship clearly over a populated area where a million people can see and the government cant deny or cover it up. like actually show us a dam space ship..nt a blurry circle high u in the sky that cant be seen clearly... thousands of people managed to snap pictures and videos of the planes hitting the WTC buildings...if an alien craft flew over new york theres no way the government could cover it up.

but this never happens...its always some low quality, unclear sighting of objects never seen by more than a douzen people and easy for the government to discredit.

as kwl as these images are...im sure theres a boring explanation to it

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnowMore
Can anyone put the videos up on Youtube, I can't see them from my work, on that site.

Here is a vid on youtube, bit strange though.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The LHC works! Eventually! But look what it's done!!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It's a beautiful, intriguing sighting indeed (that symmetry!). Are there any 'official' explanations other than "it might be...", "we don't know...", "maybe a Russian rocket...", "it could've been..." around somewhere?
What explanation is given by Norwegian newssources or scientists? Since it's a mass sighting, it must get a lot of attention in Scandinavia?

[edit on 9/12/09 by Movhisattva]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Psyagra

I totally agree with you, I am sure you have seen the videos. The spiral in the videos is actually spinning clockwise, I mean actually turning. I have never seen anything like it in my life. Based on the last picture #9 on the Norway site, It looks like rocket. But I have never seen a rocket that produced a actual moving clockwise spiral so perfect. It is like those old x-ray glasses in the back of those old comics. Looks like the black and white spiral illusion that you stare at a well. It was like looking at the milky way spinning.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It reminds me of a portal I saw once a few years ago. Didn't think I'd ever see something like that again but there it is. Thanks for the photos too!!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join