It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Besides supporting data consumers for service driven applications, (Space Weather effect forecasting), the facility will support studies of such topics as: ion outflow to the magnetosphere, auroral acceleration, small scale plasma physics, induced changes in the ionosphere, magnetic reconnection, sub-storms, ionosphere-neutral atmosphere coupling, mesospheric Physics, and
solar wind acceleration.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by processofelimination]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This video is filmed 54 miles NE from Tromsø at a place called Skjærvøy. As you can see it films the phenomenon slightly more from the side. Anyone good at math can use these two videos to pinpoint the excact location of the phenomenon both in height, position, and size. Anyone take the challenge?

Skjærvøy video

Skjærvøy placed on a map

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Acharya]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Gather News

Tuesday night many Norwegians saw an odd light rotating in the night sky. Witnesses have described the event as beginning with a blueish light that seemed to rise right from behind a mountain before stopping and spinning. The blue light stayed while a blueish-greenish light seemed to come down from the larger blue light. It lasted only 10 or so minutes before disappearing completely. Some Norwegian Space Centre experts have said that they have never seen anything like this before, but guessed that it may have been caused by a Russian missile test. Although Russia officially denied that they had been testing missiles last night, there have been reports from military sources who confirmed that it was in fact a failed Russian missile test fire from a submarine.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
*******POSSIBLE SOLUTION********

Okay, so on December 7th, EISCAT started one of their "TEC + SolarWindEffects" Experiments, which are considered "World Day" experiments. They are using multiple radars which requires amazing amounts of energy.

The effects of one of these experiments is to be observed from December 7th, for up to 5-2/3 days.

The Experiment:

# To determine whether gravity-wave induced medium-scale traveling ionospheric disturbances (MSTIDs) consistently observed at high geomagnetic latitudes under quiet geomagnetic conditions are at all related to the continuum of quasi-periodic thermospheric waves observed at both Arecibo, Millstone, and perhaps AMISR Poker Flat.

# To Firmly establish the geophysical parameter range over which these quasi-periodic MSTIDs�that currently appear to defy theoretical explanation�exist.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My first thought was Project Bluebeam as well.

Whoever took that long exposure photograph certainly knew it was going to happen, and when. How else would he have had his camera on a stable tripod pointed at exactly the right place and in focus, ready to shoot? Have you ever set up a camera on a tripod? Have you ever taken a long exposure shot without one?

Whatever the cause, be it rockets, holograms or wormholes, this event was clearly staged.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
old stuff 2006

i know it is not a UFO I did not put that title on there.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Cannot be done from a single location. There must be at least two.

Also, while the elevation (degrees above the horizon) of the event can be estimated, there is no indication of the azimuth (direction).

link   
Has nobody mentioned that this spiraling, pinwheel effect has been recorded before, over Russia? About the same duration, peculiar meandering light that sort of blossoms into a spiral and then winks out?

I've viewed practically all of the various NASA launch footage, of both manned and unmanned rockets, and I've seen a lot of peculiar atmospheric effects off of the plume — glowing clouds at night, pillars of light, rivers of color in the sky, concentric rainbows, et cetera — but I have never seen a rapid, dissipating spiral like this. However, the Russians have apparently demonstrated it at least twice.

I'm saying that we don't have it, whatever it is. And that's saying a lot.

Would any of these spiral rocket plume theorists care to post a photo of such a known sighting? Just for comparison.

No?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Doc Velocity]

link   
It does look like a missile launch. If it was, then this seems it was in to space because of the distance over which this was observed. Without any doubt it would be known about. Has anybody checked this mornings satellite pictures for clues, it may show up.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Acharya

Also, while the elevation (degrees above the horizon) of the event can be estimated, there is no indication of the azimuth (direction).

Skjærvøy was the second location, 54 miles from Tromsø. Since one in addition knows the direction of the phenomenon as observed from Tromsø that should be sufficient data I should think.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone mentioned it, but the entire spiral is rotating in the videos.

Now how would that happend with a missle launch, the spiral is huge.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Acharya]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Visit this link (sorry not sure how to embed videos)

www.youtube.com...

Watch from :15 to :23

Have you ever seen exhaust or smoke of any kind dissipate this abruptly and uniformly? Think of airplane contrails. They hang around for quite a while, and slowy thin out. NOTHING about this says rocket malfunction to me. Do rockets sometimes spiral out of control, yes. Does it look like this? Not even close.

Why would this have been the first time that a malfuntioning rocket made such a dazzling display that lasted over ten minutes. Rockets just DON'T make utterly perfect spirals of such a large scale. No matter what you are being/will be told.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Blender]

link   
reply to post by Gromle

Ah - OK - that's indeed a v. high altitude/scale for civilian type beams - read a bit more about EISCAT - think that's the likely key now - still don't think it's any kind of rocket/trail - and actually, the lighting colours/effects/luminosity does resemble the northern lights displays better than the laser shows IMO, but it looks very man-made to me, fascinating.

link   

Originally posted by Acharya

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Acharya

Skjærvøy was the second location, 54 miles from Tromsø. Since one in addition knows the direction of the phenomenon as observed from Tromsø that should be sufficient data I should think.

It's oddly close to EISCAT, on google earth.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here is a link to a pdf by Virginia Tech Institute of space and Engineering Science, its called:

Active Permutations of The Near Earth Space Environment.

www.space.vt.edu...

The use of EISCAT and low altitude natural dust particles(3-4km) And artificial dust( from a rocket) are discussed amongst other weirdness.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I just whipped together a photo montage video for people to check this out!
Whatever this is, it is very very cool! No doubt!

www.youtube.com...

Peace,
~ Jammer+

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype
reply to post by Gromle

Ah - OK - that's indeed a v. high altitude/scale for civilian type beams - read a bit more about EISCAT - think that's the likely key now - still don't think it's any kind of rocket/trail - and actually, the lighting colours/effects/luminosity does resemble the northern lights displays better than the laser shows IMO, but it looks very man-made to me, fascinating.

EISCAT has done several "wave aural extension" and "aural intensification" experiments. The data is on their site. I don't think this explanation is far-fetched at all.

link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Has nobody mentioned that this spiraling, pinwheel effect has been recorded before, over Russia? About the same duration, peculiar meandering light that sort of blossoms into a spiral and then winks out?

I've viewed practically all of the various NASA launch footage, of both manned and unmanned rockets, and I've seen a lot of peculiar atmospheric effects off of the plume — glowing clouds at night, pillars of light, rivers of color in the sky, concentric rainbows, et cetera — but I have never seen a rapid, dissipating spiral like this. However, the Russians have apparently demonstrated it at least twice.

I'm saying that we don't have it, whatever it is. And that's saying a lot.

Would any of these spiral rocket plume theorists care to post a photo of such a known sighting? Just for comparison.

No?

— Doc Velocity
[edit on 12/9/2009 by Doc Velocity]

It has happened before bro

link   
reply to post by Acharya

Yes, that looks like a projection - either via laser type or perhaps more likely given what I have now read something like the EISCATs ionospheric heating facilities ? I see they mention abilities for very accurate and fast control of 'beams':

"Control system
Tuning to a new frequency is done by a PC and can take a few minutes. Tilting of the beam in the north-south plane up to about ± 30 ° is possible. Power can be chosen in 2.5% steps of the maximum tuned power, which itself can be less than the maximum possible. Complicated amplitude modulation formats are possible under computer or other sources of control. For example a so-called "SOUSY-switch" is used for ON/OFF modulation by about 70dB. Modulati on frequencies in the range 15-200 Hz with duty cycles near 50% can not be used due to power supply resonance problems. The radiated wave can be linearly or circularly polarized with either sense of rotation. Polarization reversal can be achieved on a pulse to pulse basis. Accurate timing to within microseconds is possible. Frequency stability is as good as the EISCAT cesium beam reference."

[edit on 9-12-2009 by curioustype]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Urgent question re the Notice to Mariners
[below]

The message date appears to be AFTER the first warning period.

Is this a follow-up message? Or the ONLY message ever?

If so, can anyone obtain the original message and its date?

This is a question from my producer at MSNBC.

ZCZC FA79 ZCZC FA79
031230 UTC DEC 09 031230 UTC DEC 09
COASTAL WARNING ARKHANGELSK 94 COASTAL WARNING ARKHANGELSK 94
SOUTHERN PART WHITE SEA SOUTHERN PART WHITE SEA
1.ROCKET LAUNCHING 2300 07 DEC TO 0600 08 DEC 1.ROCKET LAUNCHING 2300 07 DEC 0600 TO 08 DEC
09 DC 0200 TO 0900 10 DEC 0100 TO 0900 09 DC 0200 TO 0900 10 DEC 0100 TO 0900
NAVIGATION PROHIBITED IN AREA NAVIGATION PROHIBITED IN AREA
65-12.6N 036-37.0E 65-37.2N 036-26.0E 65-12.6N 036-37.0E 65-37.2N 036-26.0E
66-12.3N 037-19.0E 66-04.0N 037-47.0E 66-12.3N 037-19.0E 66-04.0N 037-47.0E
66-03.0N 038-38.0E 66-06.5N 038-55.0E 66-03.0N 038-38.0E 66-06.5N 038-55.0E
65-11.0N 037-28.0E 65-12.1N 036-49.5E 65-11.0N 037-28.0E 65-12.1N 036-49.5E
THEN COASTAL LINE 65-12.2N 036-47.6E THEN COASTAL LINE 65-12.2N 036-47.6E
2. 2. CANCEL THIS MESSAGE 101000 DEC= CANCEL THIS MESSAGE 101000 DEC =
NNNN NNNN

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join