It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
Russian military confirmed it was a failed rocket launch
www.barentsobserver.com...

"Interviewed by the Norwegian TV2, an anonymous Russian military source says it was failed launch of a Bulava missile from a submarine in the White Sea Wednesday morning."

The "anonymous" source part, leaves room to doubt.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

I had no bubble to burst, I just stated that it reminded me of that video but in reverse (as in a spiral coming out of a hole instead of going into one) they could both be lollypops in the sky for all i care.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by FORMe2p00p0n]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Dmitri Donskoy is the supposed name of the ship that shot the rocket.

The rocket in question is the RSM-56 Bulava
They have had 5 or more failures for this rocket thus far

My question is this
Here is a video of the supposed rocket being fired from the ship

Did anyone that actually saw this phenomenon first hand see anything like the PREVIOUS ROCKET TESTS?

Just curious . . .

The more I think about it the more the rocket theory seems wrong
BEFORE THE SPIRAL was it a rocket?
Did it look like a rocket?
Smell like a rocket?
Sound like a rocket?
Taste like a rocket?
i'm not so sure anymore after actually pondering

EISCAT? more probably
Something else . . . .?

[edit on 9-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by processofelimination

There was a Sudden Stratospheric Heating event? Do SSHs produce visible effects?

How does studying aerosols with radar produce a visible effect?

Do other radar arrays produce visible effects? Are heaters at other locations capable of affecting the ionosphere north of Norway?

These are all good questions.

The EICSAT World Day tests revolve around SSH events. I'm pretty sure radar can't do anything do aerosols, although I'm not 100% sure. They've experimented with all sorts of neat things.
- as for the other Ion heaters, I know not of them. It's something I am currently looking into!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino
To know if it is the RSM-56 Bulava why not look at videos of previous launches?

I'm not a rocket expert sooo
Of those people who actually observed this first hand . . . Is it the same? or is it alot different?

Be the judgers ats

[edit on 9-12-2009 by '___'omino]

YAY reached the end of the thread! Yes, read it all in one sitting, tiring!

To me the above post by Lsdomino is key! And no one has even mentioned it much.

Sure, the rocket theory sounds compelling. However, it has some obvious flaws: The above videos show the same rocket that "supposedly" produced this event. Two things immediately jump to my attention:

1-SOUND, tremendous amounts of, in fact. No one who witnessed the event mentioned even the slightest sound.

2- LIGHT, from the boosters, again immense in scope, and noticeable EVEN IN THE DAILIGHT LAUNCHES. You CANNOT SEE THIS FROM ANY OF THE PHOTOS OR VIDEOS OF THE "THING". How can we not see a huge plume of light from the boosters, that is even visible IN BROAD DAYLIGHT?
Even if it was at tremendous distance/ altitude, im sure a strong point of light should be visible. It isnt.

There is even a third problem with the rocket hipotheses!

3- The sighting covered a HUGE area, with many photos originating from distant locations in relation to one another! And, according to the rocket hipothesis, shouldn´t we be seeing, at least in some of them, A CONE, INSTEAD OF A SPIRAL? Because the rocket proponents say it only looks like a spiral because we are looking at it from behind. Well, from the side it should like a cone I believe? Again, NO CONE ANYWHERE. Weird that persons from as far away as 1000kms (I believe?) documented it, AND YET THE SHAPE OF THE EVENT IS CONSISTENT.

Please keep in mind im NOT saying "ITS THEM ALIENZ", just pointing out some problems with the largely accepted rocket theory!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AUM68
Google Earth of HAARP in Tromsø, Norway:

69 35 04.95 N 19 13 09.73 E

Well. i found the radar station.
Why did they install a Go Cart track 1/2 mile south of the dish.
BTW, i also see the harp installation.
It looks like they're hiding it in the trees.
---------------------------------------------------
I would be willing to bet this is location of the beam.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If it is a rocket from our Russian friends then why has there been no response of a weapon fire into Nato airspace? Not even a comment, if it was / is a rocket then I am sure someone can prove it without doubt. Is this not a massive breach of Nato airspace? Do we test fire missles into the Kermlin's back garden? I think not, things would certainly get a little warm and radioactive just about everywhere. And over a Nato military base? War has started over less things

Also what goes up must come down, In the photo and video clip viewed I don't see a failed leaking rocket coming down?!? I would expect the angle to be different, like downward.

Not saying it's not a rocket but it is certainly an odd clip which merits more investigation. We have the multiple photo's and video clip but nothing as solid on the debunk side at the moment. Also do secret weapons tests get announced on the internet?!?

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Bunker or Bust]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Here's an older Russian "spiral" UFO that was attributed to a rocket launch, also...

The similarities are striking.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Does anybody here know of Cymatic effects on Gasses?

I don't, but I know high intensity sound can shape and distort things. And there happens to be a facility producing it right next door to the phenomena.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So then it's looking like a rocket with a worm hole projector strapped on.

Every other post I change my mind on what it is or isn't

We'll the big BBC has just waded in!

news.bbc.co.uk...

Norwegians have been left mystified by a strange light display in the night sky captured over a military base in Skjold.

Eyewitnesses were left wondering whether they had seen a UFO or simply an unsuccessful Russian rocket launch.

So far there has been no official explanation.

P.S. Don't forget their are duncies like me tagging along trying to decipher your debates so easy on the big words!

[edit on 9/12/09 by hey1212]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hey1212
So then it's looking like a rocket with a worm hole projector strapped on.

Every other post I change my mind on what it is or isn't

We'll the big BBC has just waded in!
news.bbc.co.uk...

Norwegians have been left mystified by a strange light display in the night sky captured over a military base in Skjold.
Eyewitnesses were left wondering whether they had seen a UFO or simply an unsuccessful Russian rocket launch.
So far there has been no official explanation.

P.S. Don't forget their are duncies like me tagging along trying to decipher your debates so easy on the big words!

I keep finding myself being certain one second and dumfounded the next as well
Definitely the best thread on ATS I have participated in thus far

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

There was a Sudden Stratospheric Heating event? Do SSHs produce visible effects? How does studying aerosols with radar produce a visible effect? Do other radar arrays produce visible effects? Are heaters at other locations capable of affecting the ionosphere north of Norway?

Not sure about that, from what Ive read most optical effects come from much higher up.

There is a great data site here www.sgo.fi... but there's a ton of data, maybe someone can pour over it.

Is there a timestamp on the video/photo of the event? some of the archived data is done in hours.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Looking at this map, in order for the rocket to have come from the angle it did, it'd have to be from that very small body of water, highlighted by the smallest square(Norway is just to the left.)

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 9-12-2009 by np6888]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikhart

Seems like you can see the rocket clearly to me, albeit this was in daylight

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Blue shift, the light is coming towards us?

It's no rocket fuel with that symmetry!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't get why no one wants to believe that its some atmospheric or magnetic research. It makes more sense than an exploded rocket, rocket fuel or anything like that. The challenger did not make spiral rings or anything close. Neither have any other rocket launches I've ever seen or heard of.

Its also rather silly to think its a wormhole or dimensional portal or alien vortex.

Ionospheric and atmospheric research is, to me, the only plausible explanation. The projects exist. They are legit. Why is it so hard to believe this is the case? There is even a beam coming from a mountain range that is projecting the spiral. (I doubt its the spiral shooting something at the mountain)

To clarify-there is a difference between research and weaponry. I think HAARP pushers may blur the line for everyone. But HAARP does study the weather and do experiments with the different layers of the atmosphere.

Also Norway is awful close to the North Pole and to study/experiment with the natural magnetic waves of the Earth is not all that crazy. Especially if Eiscat exists.

www.eiscat.uit.no...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanti23
Blue shift, the light is coming towards us?

It's no rocket fuel with that symmetry!

wtf that looks just like a projection.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
43 pages and no ones sure what it is yet?

Is this an above top secret record?

I haven't read all 43 but going by this page it seems people are still unsure
and speculative.

Very cool picture and vid. www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
okay so i wondered back to this thread all speculations asside has anyone any proof from a real news agency that this was acknowledged to be a missile test or are there still no aswers?

It reallly is captivating this pic

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunker or Bust
If it is a rocket from our Russian friends then why has there been no response of a weapon fire into Nato airspace? Not even a comment, if it was / is a rocket then I am sure someone can prove it without doubt. Is this not a massive breach of Nato airspace? Do we test fire missles into the Kermlin's back garden? I think not, things would certainly get a little warm and radioactive just about everywhere.

Get out your maps again.

Plot the location given in the nav warning message.

It's in the White Sea, approx 500 miles E-SE of Tromso.

Russian military missiles are aimed either towards the Kamchatka impact zone [you've played 'Risk'] or Novaya Zemlya.

No violation of NATO airpace.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join