It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have our Brown Dwarf, interacting with and Bombarding asteroids of Oort against Pluto and Jupiter

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by rickyrrr
Hm Hm Hm.....

chandra.harvard.edu...

Hoax?

note that this photo was allegedly taken in 2007...

-rrr

Nothing allegedly about it. Just a very distant supernova.

I only use the term allegedly in keeping with the conspiracy theory spirit. Unless you have personally done the study yourself all you know is that it has been determined to be a supernova by whoever is telling you. and that is assuming that whoever is telling you is telling you the truth. That is the "conspiracy theory spirit" Nevertheless, I happen to believe that it is indeed a supernova.

But all that is moot, the point is, the picture of the object in question existed 2 years before the supposed discovery. That alone suggests this recent "discovery" is a hoax.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I admit the source may be dubious but I would not be surprised if Nibiru was coming close enough to see soon.

Nibiru itself hasn't really been debunked IMO. I simply do not know.

But what can and has been debunked are the claims about it. Most notably is the time table. The claims seem plausible until you start to research the physics and distances involved.

For example, in order for it to reach the earth by 2012, it would need to be at Jupiter already. Now, if it's not due to be here until 2100 or something, then it could still be further out there etc, and that hasn't been debunked.

The reason people cite 2012 is because people have attached Nibiru to 2012. 2012 is from south America, Nibiru is from Iraq. Completely different cultures. They mold it to the 2012 for the attention etc. The person who is the big Nibiru guy and made all the claims himself says it's not even due for like another 50 years or longer.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So is this planet x/nibiru?

I was always under the impression that binary star systems were much more common than singular star systems?

either way, great find OP S&F

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Oh man, I can just imagine Nancy Lieder when she see's this. LOL

How does it go again?

ZETA'S RIGHT AGAIN!!!!

LMAO!!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
I would love it if it was an advanced society in a brown dwarf sized ship that had technology so advaced it was cloaked, distorted gravity as to not disturb our solar system, could not been seen apart from a whaling shed in Antartica and they just hovered above earth until 21/12/2012 then droped the cloaks and watched the fireworks. This is the only way this theory would become a reality

oh, you mean something along the lines of Darth Vader's Death Star?

yikes!

i better go tune up my X-Wing!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
We would SEE something like that. It's huge, not some little planet..It's a STAR. Nobody can see it... People could see it from their backyards...they don't. There is nothing there..
~Keeper

A brown dwarf is a small, FAILED star, it has no nuclear reaction, and is only vaguely luminescent. Furthermore, this one is said to be at 6 billion miles from us.

Think about locating a dying cigarette on moon with your best binoculars.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Greetings all again and I want to thank all for all the balanced views and everyones civility to each other.

I have been paying close attention to the thread while away but I was busy trying to find at least one corrobaratiog news agency to verify this story. The majority of the main outlets are sticking to the Supernova story and the majority of the brown dwarf sayers all seem to be quoting this starviewer.wordpress story so this says it all to me. For a brief moment I thought I found my smoking gun when I found a Google link going to the Chicago Journal and was sure I had something till the page loaded and told me the article exists no more.

I will still keep researching this subject but I guess this one is yet another dead end.

ps: to the person who said the domain .to is Togo. I would like to correct you because it is actually Tonga. But thanks for bringing it to my attention. I never thought that suspicious till you pointed it out. Why is an Austrailian World News Agency beaming out from Tonga.. HEhe

daz

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't know what is surprising me more, the fact that many Telescope users cant grasp the concept of IR, and it not being visible with the naked eye, or with a Telescope or without IR imaging capability.

Or the fact some still have 100% confidence in thinking NASA would tell us anything like the truth they don't have a very good track record of telling you anywhere near enough of their knowledge, as the saying goes, Knowledge is power.

It's been speculated for decades, that Earth could be part of a Binary system, yet it seems any time anyone tries to dig deep, they are shut up, like in one of the video's posted where it reported that the original youtube users who posted the leaks, vanished, and that their video's where put under scrutiny, and found to be of a Natural object, the question can only remain where is that object, and I am not talking about the one in the original source which many are using to debunk this whole matter, I am talking about the object with satellites in one of the video's I think page 5 or 6, not sure.

My thinking is, if this was reported and shown by people thousands of years ago, and there really are warnings left for us to follow, what gives any of us the right to dismiss their warnings? for an explanation, I recommend you ask TPTB why they wont tell us the truth about Human civilizations and their History which is often hidden from us.

I become conflicted over the whole Nibiru concept, not whether it exists or not, that will happen if a debate exists or not, my conflict comes when I see all the strife and horror I see around the World, part of me wishes it would hurry up and end the suffering, but then I think again and ask why should the innocent die and I don't want it to come.

We are fed so much falsehood by those we asked to look after our interests, it's hard to know where to look, sure soon enough we will know one way or another, but with the History of long ago hidden from us, maybe we should know the truth now? give us all a chance to get to know one and other before we no longer can.

What ever Mother Nature throws my way is fine with me, she is who I look too anyhow whenever I need too, and if she wants us gone then fine, but I do feel if this is it, then the lies passed down by false religion and those who wish to control others through faith, but this is my personal belief, as you have yours.

But I would like to know the truth so I can spend as much time as I can with those I Love, and not worry about the woes anymore, because there wouldn't be much of anything else for any of us to worry about, so I would like to go live with Nature for what is left, before it becomes too late.

True or not, I think we need to know for certain, without the distraction of who is smartest.

I just have a feeling, bless you all.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am about 60% sure we live in a binary system with a brown dwarf. Based on a lot of things including Earth ice age cycles.

40% of me says there is no nibiru, planet x, brown dwarf, ect.

Something regularly throws the earth into an ice age about every 50,000 years. Then we come back out. Sometimes it happens because of volcanic eruptions, sometimes asteroid impacts. I even think there have been 'nuclear winters" on this planet, from yes, nuclear war.

Other than those factors, I believe something regularly happens, that dramatically changes the climate on Earth, and the brown dwarf theory fills this particular gap.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentRunning

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
We would SEE something like that. It's huge, not some little planet..It's a STAR. Nobody can see it... People could see it from their backyards...they don't. There is nothing there..
~Keeper

A brown dwarf is a small, FAILED star, it has no nuclear reaction, and is only vaguely luminescent. Furthermore, this one is said to be at 6 billion miles from us.

Think about locating a dying cigarette on moon with your best binoculars.

They found that cigarette almost 15 years ago and named it Teide 1. 6 billion miles is next door. Teide is 400 freakin' light years away.
As for no nuclear reaction, a brown dwarf can, and most do, fuse lithium. They just aren't quite massive enough to maintain a hydrogen fusion reaction at the core. "Vaquely luminescent" gives no information. What is its exact absolute magnitude? That would give real information.
I am extremely sceptical of this "discovery" for a number of reasons. The mode of announcement is suspicious - it is an advertising-seeking blog with a Tongan domain name. No reputable astronomer is named. No spectrophotographic data is given. No detailed emission spectrum is given. What is the Balmer data? No orbital data is given, only vague warnings. I'd like to see period and eccentricity data.
In the wordpress release they drop the name of Jack Lissauer. I know Jack. He's at Ames. I think I'll give him a call. In the meantime everybody reread Kepler and Newton.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Some of you guys sound like you have the potential to write SCI-FI, Novels..

point and case, their is no creditible news organization backing this story, nor is their any proof. Just some so called scientists saying USA, NASA, screwed up.. Um well hmmm wanna be famous? Its nonsense... Some of the theory's some of you guys made about Atlantis going extinct due to the altersun or whatever coming around every 3,000 years or whatever sounded really cool. Should write a book..

Yet who knows maybe the grey guys from ZerCon 6 are coming for us, to eat our brains, or whatever in the cloaked Brown dwarf whatcha ma callit..
really... Even so, what'cha gonna do about it?

Agreed with poster earlier about how our solar system is acting funny, planets exp. global warming but the Sun is not getting hotter, etc. etc. Who knows maybe us human are Solarsystem warming our Whatcha macallit..

On a serious note.. Thanks for the news.. Star and a flag..

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Bicent76]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
This year there have been 8 earthquakes of 7.5 or greater. There has been an annual average of 4.4 such earthquakes since 1973. The highest number was 10 in 2007. There were 8 in 1975. There were 7 in 1973, 1978, 1985, 2000, and 2001.

There is no increase in activity.

Wrong again:

June 18, 2008
Today's Quakes Deadlier Than In Past
Study: Seismic Activity 5 Times More Energetic Than 20 Years Ago Because Of Global Warming

(AP) New research compiled by Australian scientist Dr. Tom Chalko shows that global seismic activity on Earth is now five times more energetic than it was just 20 years ago.

The research proves that destructive ability of earthquakes on Earth increases alarmingly fast and that this trend is set to continue, unless the problem of "global warming" is comprehensively and urgently addressed.

The analysis of more than 386,000 earthquakes between 1973 and 2007 recorded on the US Geological Survey database proved that the global annual energy of earthquakes on Earth began increasing very fast since 1990.

Dr. Chalko said that global seismic activity was increasing faster than any other global warming indicator on Earth and that this increase is extremely alarming.

"The most serious environmental danger we face on Earth may not be climate change, but rapidly and systematically increasing seismic, tectonic and volcanic activity," said Dr. Chalko.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.cbsnews.com...

Except I doubt anthropomorphic global warming is the cause.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
As mentioned in the kublin!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There is a predicted Brown Dwarf on the edge of the Solar System, it even has a name, "Nemesis" this link has some info about it and even better info on the perception of Brown stars,

www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Its a spot on the camera lens no wait its niburu i mean come on our willingness to even entertain some of these photos and absolute jibberish about alien societys im mean peop; claim they know how other alien societys are structured umm how? and if thats the case and you know does anyone have that far out stuff called proof. Ive actually seen one ats person correct another about the higher archy of life on another planet.??
We are here in search of truth not to fabricate it.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Just a bookmark.

A friend said this would be a good read.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So who exactly is this group: StarViewerTeam? Is this real science or pseudo science.
The infared I'm not interested in, if something was coming in that could be picked up infared I would not be debating it. Nor do the scientists have to be big names in NASA to get my attention. But....are these guys really scientists?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Nibiru itself hasn't really been debunked IMO. I simply do not know.

For me this latest episode with these scientists coming out with this,

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Here is their youtube channel: www.youtube.com...
Can someone please see if these guys are for real or not, I am not an expert, and though I do not require large lying well known names to tell me the facts, there are a lot of nibiru/planet X supporters out there, so how do we tell the true researchers from the pseudo ones?

On a side note, this is a very cool video of theirs.

Back on topic, this is something they have put out:

seminario EXOciencia 091023 V3 divx 1

Is there anyone to translate?

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by daz__

Wow

That image looks similar to one Ive seen of a supernova rather than an image of a brown dwarf star

rgbalpha.files.wordpress.com...

Hopefully that link works and I wont have to embed it

This is precisely what I was told, that its hollow in the center and is a supernova. But if so, is it incoming?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join